Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread 17:17 - Feb 23 with 7171 viewsSaintNick

Some big surprises in the Saints starting line up

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Feb 23 with 904 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Feb 23 by A1079

I am not sure how Nick can keep defending this situation. Somehow it always seems to be the fans fault or somehow it is not as bad as some year back heaven knows when and that we have no right to complain about:-

- a manager who has presided over 2 record breaking defeats and 6 straight defeats;
- one win in 13 games!!!!!
- forwards who are clueless when it comes to shooting at goal
- a goalkeeper that cannot seem to do the basics.
- owners who don't seem to give a sh*t about the club, the team, the city and least of all the fans.

I have been a Saints fan and supporter since the early 70's and yes, been through some very poor times but I feel really flat about our club right now.

I know some are going to say I am bedwetting and so be it. Right now I feel both angry and fed up with the football. Even if we scrape over the line can I see these owners doing anything to change the malaise and indifference that they seem to have to football and our club?

It's the same old thing. Squad not good enough. Lack of ambition. Ings is off - the players know it and Ings knows it. The players know without him, we have nobody else. It is all disheartening for the players. They know the owner is useless. It is just the same old thing isn't it.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Feb 23 with 895 viewssaint22

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Feb 23 by 1885_SFC

Garbage once again. We were made to look hopeless in that 2nd half. Their manager knows how to change a game & I must admit, Leeds have been very entertaining to watch all season long.

You can blame Ralph, under-investment, the players, the pitch even - but at the end of the day, we were beaten because they wanted the 3 points much, much more than we did.

Armstrong looks like he cares, Romeu too, Jannik sometimes even JWP is beginning to look not bothered it’s like we are safe or they don’t believe in something
It’s the same old errors
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 23 with 890 viewsRon11

Garbage once again. We were made to look hopeless in that 2nd half. Their manager knows how to change a game & I must admit, Leeds have been very entertaining to watch all season long.

You can blame Ralph, under-investment, the players, the pitch even - but at the end of the day, we were beaten because they wanted the 3 points much, much more than we did.

I just saw more inept defending and goalkeeping.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 23 with 888 viewscynicalsaint

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

It's the same old thing. Squad not good enough. Lack of ambition. Ings is off - the players know it and Ings knows it. The players know without him, we have nobody else. It is all disheartening for the players. They know the owner is useless. It is just the same old thing isn't it.

17th and quarter finals of the cup is a successful season. don't understand why anyone thinks we should expect more.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Feb 23 with 874 viewswibbersda

So 2 deflected goals. Went to shite when Romeo went off. 3rd goL Ward Prowse should have not ducked and headed away. But goals win games and thats why we are where we are.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Feb 23 with 862 viewsdirk_doone

We always seem to be confident and in control in the first half but the minute the players step out after half-time, they look totally lost. I wonder what goes on at half-time because whatever it is, it's having a devastating effect on the team's performance. It's almost like they've been told, right, you've had your fun; now it's time to accept the fact that you are going to lose. Don't even bother trying to fight it. It can't be because they are tiring because the change occurs as soon as the second half starts.

They change from being a composed team in the 1st half to a group of despondent individuals in the 2nd, who seem to have had their ability to compete for the ball and pass to each other sucked out of them during the half-time break..
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:16]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Feb 23 with 860 viewsSadoldgit

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Feb 23 by Meonsaint

Great 1st and terrible 2nd half. What did you say to them Ralph at half-time ?

Story of our season. We just look like a different team after the break. We can’t afford to lose Romeau. What a dreadful pitch, but Leeds managed to carve us apart and could well have scored more in the second half. If Ramsey is that poor we can’t play him why did we let Valery go? Mind you, he is now a bench player at Birmingham.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Feb 23 with 850 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 23 by cynicalsaint

17th and quarter finals of the cup is a successful season. don't understand why anyone thinks we should expect more.

Hmm, we don't want to get thrashed every week.

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:14 - Feb 23 with 800 viewssaint22

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 23 by Ron11

I just saw more inept defending and goalkeeping.

This
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:14 - Feb 23 with 797 viewsTimSaint

It seems so long ago that there was constant talk on here of breaking the league down into groups of 3 games at a time and looking to take 5 points from each group.

1 point from our last possible 24 suggests there is an awful lot of catching up to do :-)

TimSaint

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Feb 23 with 785 viewscynicalsaint

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

Hmm, we don't want to get thrashed every week.

we aren't. we put in a good shift today / could've got something from the game.

the squad is limited and we still have a couple of injuries so 0-3 against another mid table team is OK.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:16 - Feb 23 with 779 viewssaint22

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Feb 23 by dirk_doone

We always seem to be confident and in control in the first half but the minute the players step out after half-time, they look totally lost. I wonder what goes on at half-time because whatever it is, it's having a devastating effect on the team's performance. It's almost like they've been told, right, you've had your fun; now it's time to accept the fact that you are going to lose. Don't even bother trying to fight it. It can't be because they are tiring because the change occurs as soon as the second half starts.

They change from being a composed team in the 1st half to a group of despondent individuals in the 2nd, who seem to have had their ability to compete for the ball and pass to each other sucked out of them during the half-time break..
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:16]

It really is odd and the folding when we concede is astonishing, there is no fight
Every team we play must know even if they go a Goal down they can still win easily
It’s a mindset I guess but snap the fork out of it
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:16 - Feb 23 with 778 viewsA1079

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:04 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

As it happens Saintsforever I don't think Ings is blameless.

I honestly believe that since it became clear he had no intention to stay it has had an impact on the morale of the team at the worst possible time - when the injuries started to pile in and the youngsters had to start stepping up and yet here you are in the dressing room with someone who gets all the media plaudits etc but clearly has no intention of staying or seeing it through. I am not suggesting for one minute that Ings is at fault for our dramatic fall but I believe he is one of a whole number of factors.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Feb 23 with 758 viewsBison

I think Bertrand was our worse player today , we literally have no capable fullbacks. We seem to of gone from no centrehslves to 3 decent ones , 3-5-2 with attacking wingers.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Feb 23 with 733 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:16 - Feb 23 by A1079

As it happens Saintsforever I don't think Ings is blameless.

I honestly believe that since it became clear he had no intention to stay it has had an impact on the morale of the team at the worst possible time - when the injuries started to pile in and the youngsters had to start stepping up and yet here you are in the dressing room with someone who gets all the media plaudits etc but clearly has no intention of staying or seeing it through. I am not suggesting for one minute that Ings is at fault for our dramatic fall but I believe he is one of a whole number of factors.

Yeah exactly. Many naive people seem to think the Ings situation is not having any impact whatsoever. He is a massive player for us and we all know he is leaving. Of course it affects the morale of the squad. The team has gone downhill since it became clear he was leaving. And let's be honest, Ings looks totally fed up. Again, of course a grumpy player in the dressing room, who used to be so positively influential, is going to affect the whole team.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:21]

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Feb 23 with 711 viewscynicalsaint

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:19 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah exactly. Many naive people seem to think the Ings situation is not having any impact whatsoever. He is a massive player for us and we all know he is leaving. Of course it affects the morale of the squad. The team has gone downhill since it became clear he was leaving. And let's be honest, Ings looks totally fed up. Again, of course a grumpy player in the dressing room, who used to be so positively influential, is going to affect the whole team.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:21]

Christ we are in a mess if one player has that much pull. Would suggest Ralph isn't all he's being made out to be if thats the case (which i would hope it isn't)
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 705 viewsRon11

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Feb 23 by Bison

I think Bertrand was our worse player today , we literally have no capable fullbacks. We seem to of gone from no centrehslves to 3 decent ones , 3-5-2 with attacking wingers.

Bielsa said exactly this after the game about the Saints full backs.
Surely it would be have been better to slot JWP in at right back, put Bednarek back in with Vestergaard and start Minamino?
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Feb 23 with 681 viewsgrumpy

Our biggest problem is up front, now Ings has gone off the boil there is no one left to put the ball in the net.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Feb 23 with 655 viewsBison

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Feb 23 by Ron11

Bielsa said exactly this after the game about the Saints full backs.
Surely it would be have been better to slot JWP in at right back, put Bednarek back in with Vestergaard and start Minamino?

Keeper
Bednarek. Veste. Salisu
Redmond. Djenepo
WP. Romeu
Armstrong
Adams. Ings

Feel free to add Diallo , Walcott , minamino , KWP ( injured but obvious starter on right ) into mix and tella , but to stop Ings having to drop so deep get Armstrong as a No10 , he is our most dangerous player.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Feb 23 with 615 viewsDorsetIan

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Feb 23 by grumpy

Our biggest problem is up front, now Ings has gone off the boil there is no one left to put the ball in the net.

I think this is right.

My wife tonight - who does not watch a lot of football - first thing she said was what's the matter with Ings, he looks so tired.

Personally I doubt it's anything to do with his move. He just looks like he's completely lost his mojo, and noone is going to want to buy him at this rate. Or maybe it's a hangover from Covid - he wouldn't be the first.

Biggest problem tonight was again the massive gap in the side left by KWP. Had Raphinha being playing on their left from the start, it would probably have been more. So much space there and so many chances created. At times it looked like we had noone there at all. Half-suspect Bielsa played him on the wrong side deliberately to make the defence think they were doing OK.

We tried to play as though we weren't vulnerable at the back, and we got massively punished for it.

Need to try to shut up shop at Goodison if we don't want another hiding.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Feb 23 with 610 viewssaint22

As opposed to our second half performance which was completely unsurprising
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:47 - Feb 23 with 607 viewsRon11

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Feb 23 by Bison

Keeper
Bednarek. Veste. Salisu
Redmond. Djenepo
WP. Romeu
Armstrong
Adams. Ings

Feel free to add Diallo , Walcott , minamino , KWP ( injured but obvious starter on right ) into mix and tella , but to stop Ings having to drop so deep get Armstrong as a No10 , he is our most dangerous player.

I've said before on here, put Armstrong up front. So I totally agree with you.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:53 - Feb 23 with 591 viewsgrumpy

When our best hope of scoring is our centre half(Vestergaard)you know something is seriously wrong.
Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:57 - Feb 23 with 580 viewsdirk_doone

The team that beat Wolves 2-0 in the FA Cup:

44Forster
2Walker-Peters
35Bednarek
22Salisu
3Bertrand
17Armstrong
8Ward-Prowse
6Romeu
12Djenepo
11Redmond
9Ings

The team that beat Arsenal 1-0 in the FA Cup

44Forster
2Walker-Peters
35Bednarek
5Stephens
3Bertrand
17Armstrong
8Ward-Prowse
27Diallo
32Walcott
9Ings
10Adams

The team that beat Liverpool 1-0 in the league:

44Forster
2Walker-Peters
35Bednarek
5Stephens
3Bertrand
17Armstrong
27Diallo
8Ward-Prowse
12Djenepo
9Ings
32Walcott

It's those first 2 names in the lineup that were missing today.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Feb 23 with 572 viewsBridders2

Leeds United Game Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Feb 23 by TimSaint

2nd half syndrome
Can't fvckin score
Gift opponents goals
Yes it's a shit pitch but same for both teams
Carrying a few players this half
Not direct or quick enough when we attack or break

Wonder what excuses we'll get now !!

Agree with this. And we're carrying 2 players who can never score, Redmond and Adams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024