Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? 13:54 - Mar 14 with 5573 viewsJaySaint

how many defeats can we take before this gets properly asked?

atrocious from the team, again!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 15:50 - Mar 14 with 1413 viewskingslandstand1

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 14:12 - Mar 14 by grumpy

I've lost patience with Ralph now.
Graham Potter is a far better manager.

Potter got loads of plaudits in the commentary after making the ht substitution to change things around tactically
He gave the actual reason after - hamstring issues

However, it worked for them

Biggest disappointment with Ralph today was that he looked as if he'd given up and that transferred to the players
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:03 - Mar 14 with 1368 viewssquidofdespair

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 15:50 - Mar 14 by kingslandstand1

Potter got loads of plaudits in the commentary after making the ht substitution to change things around tactically
He gave the actual reason after - hamstring issues

However, it worked for them

Biggest disappointment with Ralph today was that he looked as if he'd given up and that transferred to the players

Good

Bye

Ralph
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:09 - Mar 14 with 1354 viewsDorsetIan

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 14:16 - Mar 14 by Bicester_North

The self congratulatory behaviour after making 6 changes and conceding 5 goals against City just because Guardiola cheerfully praised our gung ho play is looking pretty stupid now

To some of us it looked pretty stupid at the time.

I think Ralph has been trying to keep the faith, trying to convince himself and the players that the bad run has been solely down to injuries and that we are only a game away from turning it around and reverting to the types of performances and results we saw in 2020.

So he somehow thinks he can still take the p!ss. Playing Bertrand at RB at City and even today that didn't look like a simply back 4 to me. KWP was playing so far forward, and JWP seemed to be dropping back into central defence at times.

This is exactly what happened to Bournemouth. They b@ggered about still trying to play their normal game as they slid down the table and they didn't realise that they need to shift into 'fight and grind out the results' mode until it was far too late.

We've got 9 games left and plenty of points to play for. It shouldn't be difficult to pick up the 5,6 or 7 points that it's going to take to stay up. But our 'easiest' games are our next 3 (Burnley, WBA, Palace), so we need to switch to survival mode pretty quickly. Even drawing those three should be enough.

The only question is whether this team or manager can play any differently? It's possible that they can't. In which case, every game is going to be massive gamble for a victory from here. If we can get 2- or 3- up in a first half, we might have a chance of a win.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:15 - Mar 14 with 1340 viewssquidofdespair

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:09 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

To some of us it looked pretty stupid at the time.

I think Ralph has been trying to keep the faith, trying to convince himself and the players that the bad run has been solely down to injuries and that we are only a game away from turning it around and reverting to the types of performances and results we saw in 2020.

So he somehow thinks he can still take the p!ss. Playing Bertrand at RB at City and even today that didn't look like a simply back 4 to me. KWP was playing so far forward, and JWP seemed to be dropping back into central defence at times.

This is exactly what happened to Bournemouth. They b@ggered about still trying to play their normal game as they slid down the table and they didn't realise that they need to shift into 'fight and grind out the results' mode until it was far too late.

We've got 9 games left and plenty of points to play for. It shouldn't be difficult to pick up the 5,6 or 7 points that it's going to take to stay up. But our 'easiest' games are our next 3 (Burnley, WBA, Palace), so we need to switch to survival mode pretty quickly. Even drawing those three should be enough.

The only question is whether this team or manager can play any differently? It's possible that they can't. In which case, every game is going to be massive gamble for a victory from here. If we can get 2- or 3- up in a first half, we might have a chance of a win.

Shouldn’t be difficult to pick up 5, 6 or 7 points......

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:19 - Mar 14 with 1330 views1885_SFC

I see Ralph has spouted the same old familiar rhetoric after our loss. I, along with most of us no doubt, really like the fella... but he's beginning to look & sound like someone unable to halt the slide.

Old School is Cool

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:23 - Mar 14 with 1322 viewscocklebreath

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:15 - Mar 14 by squidofdespair

Shouldn’t be difficult to pick up 5, 6 or 7 points......

I reckon we might beat westbrom, after that maybe a draw v palace and maybe Burnley. 5 points, gonna be close.
Fulham will beat us with lamina and Reid bossing the midfield

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:23 - Mar 14 with 1320 viewscocklebreath

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:23 - Mar 14 by cocklebreath

I reckon we might beat westbrom, after that maybe a draw v palace and maybe Burnley. 5 points, gonna be close.
Fulham will beat us with lamina and Reid bossing the midfield

Of course lemina won’t be playing🙄

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 16:37 - Mar 14 with 1293 viewsKennington

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 15:06 - Mar 14 by Sadoldgit

Not so long ago Ralph was a quality manager who had worked miracles to get an average squad to the top of the league. Now he is rubbish because he can’t get good results out of an average squad. The problem isn’t Ralph, it is the squad. The passing was very poor today when we have seen it much better before. Is that Ralph’s fault? We know that this team needs confidence to perform at its best. A combination of injuries to key players, some poor decisions and a crowded fixture list has caused us problems. I don’t see what fault that is of Ralph’s. Still, we have to find one person to blame.

When things were going well RH rightly got the credit. The problem is things are so bad now and RH doesn’t have any answers to change them. Instead he’s religiously sticking to a pressing ‘philosophy’, which the players aren’t delivering on. It reminds me of what happened when Koeman had some bad results, he addressed the defence and played a more conservative five at the back. That stopped the rot. Instead Ralph hasn’t changed anything and seems obsessed with leaving gaping holes at the back and playing some expansive total football. Result is we’re carved open game after game. Really like him but he’s sadly got to go at least for his own good as he seems as weary as the fans.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 17:08 - Mar 14 with 1255 viewsSadoldgit

There is only so much the manager and coaching staff can do. Once they get on the pitch it is down to the players to perform.
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 17:10 - Mar 14 with 1252 viewscocklebreath

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 17:08 - Mar 14 by Sadoldgit

There is only so much the manager and coaching staff can do. Once they get on the pitch it is down to the players to perform.

Managers job to get the best out of his players, that’s not happening. Didn’t even look to be busting a gut either.

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 17:34 - Mar 14 with 1221 viewsgrumpy

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 17:08 - Mar 14 by Sadoldgit

That's no true is it tho.
The best Managers drive their sides on from the touchline and can change tactics with substitutions.
Bringing on Lundulu with 4 min to go was ridiculous, I felt sorry for the lad,what could he possibly do in that time and what sort of message does it send to the player.
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 17:43 - Mar 14 with 1209 viewsSonicBoom

I actually don't want to get rid of Ralph, but I have no idea why. If he was Puel or Hughes and they had lost 10 games out of the last 12 I would be screaming for them to get the bullet.
See the season out and see where we are I think.
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 18:24 - Mar 14 with 1164 viewsBLEEDRED

SAINTS MATCH REPORT
Pass sideways then back, then sideways again, Repeat for 90mins
Remember the match is only 45mins (don't have to play in the 2nd half)
Play slow, slow then slower.
Just hoof the ball into the penalty area from the byline or from 30 yards out so the opposition can clear the ball with ease.
Ralph said we can only play that way we cannot change tactics during a game.
Repeat next game and every game

Burnley, Fulham, Brighton will all get more points in the remaining games than Saints, lets hope that Newcastle play like they have been (then we are safe), Rethink next season is RH the right person to manage ?
Ha.ssenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 19:02 - Mar 14 with 1115 viewsNewdawn2014

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 14:28 - Mar 14 by saint22

WBA maybe, Fulham no chance
We are shockingly slow with no idea or urgency
I am just hoping ings and Walcott returning after the international will be enough to edge us to safety but I am not betting on it
I said it a few weeks back. One team always gets dragged into the drop zone and I do fear for us after today

I am a big fan of Danny , but his record lately is not great either, on a positive note ( yes there is one )Che is looking better
Ha.But ssenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 19:05 - Mar 14 with 1112 viewsNewdawn2014

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 14:28 - Mar 14 by saint22

WBA maybe, Fulham no chance
We are shockingly slow with no idea or urgency
I am just hoping ings and Walcott returning after the international will be enough to edge us to safety but I am not betting on it
I said it a few weeks back. One team always gets dragged into the drop zone and I do fear for us after today

I am a big fan of Danny , but his record lately is not great either, on a positive note ( yes there is one ) Che is looking better.
But there is something not right within the team , Sort It Out Saints .

COYS
Ha.ssenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 19:23 - Mar 14 with 1079 viewsBicester_North

Ha.ssenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 19:02 - Mar 14 by Newdawn2014

I am a big fan of Danny , but his record lately is not great either, on a positive note ( yes there is one )Che is looking better

Adams goal aside I thought he didn’t play well overall, like everybody else further than 30 yards out he couldn’t keep the ball for more than about 2 seconds

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 22:09 - Mar 14 with 972 viewsPoirot

The same old formation and tactics that every manager will now know and look to exploit easily.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ewdi69gWYAA3Y5t?format=jpg
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 22:54]
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 22:54 - Mar 14 with 926 viewsinthebox

The team as group appear to bottle it when it counts, against city they played with a bit of something, but even FF said it was a free hit, but today when they were expected to get something out of it they were too tentative, pissing about. Was the forward line today premiere league quality? both Adams and Tella full of potential but are still finding their feet, As for Ralph, I think the board would stick with him even if the could afford to pay him off, he is part of their 5 year plan.
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 23:20 - Mar 14 with 905 viewsdirk_doone

If only fans had said that about McMenemy, when he got us relegated in his first season in charge.....

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 23:52 - Mar 14 with 887 viewsRipleys_revenge

It's interesting to hear Ralph now talk about 'getting back to basics'. I think this whole season he has been trying to evolve our game, play a mix of more possession based stuff and the old pressing style which worked for us so well initially.

I think it's clear now that we simply don't have the players to play possession football. It's a catch 22 situation because if we dont fanny about with it, then we just end up knackered from tearing about hunting the ball down. So you can see why this pointless backwards passing and static movement is happening - it's a failed attempt to try and evolve our game. But to do it effectively you need top quality players and clearly we don't have that.

I suspect Ralph has been trying to do this for a while, and in the past we have seen signs of it coming together. But there is really only so far anyone can take these players. I think Ralph is a fantastic coach and has worked wonders with a few of our players. But collectively we are simply not good enough to tap it about like Barcelona and try to unlock teams by playing intricate balls through the middle. Simply put - we suck.

For me it's either a return to the manic pressing game or bust.
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 12:27 - Mar 15 with 763 viewsBerber

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 14:06 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

The quality of the squad is now pretty mediocre.

The manager has never been the best tactically (a change in formation foxed him today).

And the players are demoralised and not used to losing and used to not coming back when going behind.

(The decision to play an experimental 11 against City looks pretty stupid now too.)

Depressing stuff and, I hate to say it but it is now starting to feel like we are sleepwalking to disaster, like Bournemouth did last year.

Sorry mate, "the players are not used to losing"? How do you get that? You are right that RH doesn't seem to respond well to tactical changes, but it is the players that keep bottling it, not the manager.
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 13:17 - Mar 15 with 750 viewsSadoldgit

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 18:24 - Mar 14 by BLEEDRED

SAINTS MATCH REPORT
Pass sideways then back, then sideways again, Repeat for 90mins
Remember the match is only 45mins (don't have to play in the 2nd half)
Play slow, slow then slower.
Just hoof the ball into the penalty area from the byline or from 30 yards out so the opposition can clear the ball with ease.
Ralph said we can only play that way we cannot change tactics during a game.
Repeat next game and every game

Burnley, Fulham, Brighton will all get more points in the remaining games than Saints, lets hope that Newcastle play like they have been (then we are safe), Rethink next season is RH the right person to manage ?

For me, yes we should stick with Ralph. We should also give him the tools he needs. He initially Sadie that he wanted to work with a small squad but he has realised that to compete in the Premier league you need strength in depth. I know that we don’t have a fortune to spend but there are players out there who don’t cost a fortune and would bolster the squad. We just need to find them and clear out those whose presence doesn’t add anything.
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 14:16 - Mar 15 with 726 viewsSadoldgit

The B team are currently 1 from bottom of their league and are losing to City 3-0 (make that 4-0) after an hour. The team includes N’Lundulu, Jankewitz, Watts, Ferry and Ramsay.

Watts just pulled one back. We let in 3 goals in 8 minutes. Seems defensively the B team are just as poor.

Lost 7-1
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 14:50]
Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 15:04 - Mar 15 with 695 viewsTimSaint

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 14:16 - Mar 15 by Sadoldgit

The B team are currently 1 from bottom of their league and are losing to City 3-0 (make that 4-0) after an hour. The team includes N’Lundulu, Jankewitz, Watts, Ferry and Ramsay.

Watts just pulled one back. We let in 3 goals in 8 minutes. Seems defensively the B team are just as poor.

Lost 7-1
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 14:50]

I guess it really does put things into perspective when you realise that we have been forced to put many of those players on the first team bench over the last few months. Of course City have the pickings of all the top youngsters across Europe, but it shows where we really are in the pecking order.

Granted we have probably loaned out 6 or 7 players from this squad, in an attempt to save a bit of cash, but seriously, if they can't put up a decent fight against City in the B Team, how can they be expected to do it for the first XI ?

Perhaps it will show some of them that they are far from the finished articles they think they are and hopefully it will drive them on to put in the extra effort required to make it as a footballer.

TimSaint

Hassenhuttl taken as far as he can? on 15:37 - Mar 15 with 679 viewsDorsetIan

We got 24 pts from the first 13 games.

We've picked up 9 points from 16 games since then.

We might need 7 points from the remaining 9 games, so we need to improve and after yesterday's game I am not sure where that improvement is going to come from?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024