Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom Game Matchday Thread 09:58 - Apr 12 with 8014 viewsSaintNick

Early start for todays thread, lets get the job done tonight

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 22:07 - Apr 12 with 1140 views1885_SFC

At least Brighton could only pick up a point at home tonight 0-0 with Everton.

Old School is Cool

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 22:07 - Apr 12 with 1136 viewsgrumpy

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Apr 12 by battler

Absolutely agree. The vast majority of his substitutions since he has been here have been shocking with very little of them being done early enough to change games when we need them to.

He should of taken Theo off at half time for Minamino and then as soon as they scored their 3rd he should of made more changes then.

Too little too late as per usual.

Have to agree about the subs.
What was the point of bringing Adams on for a little more than 10 mins and the other two for the last 3?
If were attacked down the wings we are all over the place,particulary against Walker-Peters, Bertrand is the shadow of the player he was. Both are more suited going forward than defending.
I'm fed up with these capitulations.
It has been said we are 2 or 3 games away from our best season for years, do me a favour were still losing game after game and if anyone was watching tonight from Leicester they must have a big smile on their faces.
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Apr 12 with 1136 viewskingslandstand1

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Apr 12 by Sadoldgit

So glad I missed that performance although the pub garden was freezing cold and the prices have gone up hugely. Checked on the score sporadically so it didn’t come as a huge shock. We will be better against Leicester.

Surprised the prices went up massively. I expect an increase and I know they've got to retrieve some money's, but ripping off punters will surely put them off? Hope it was worth it
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Apr 12 with 1134 viewsBison

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Apr 12 by Sadoldgit

So glad I missed that performance although the pub garden was freezing cold and the prices have gone up hugely. Checked on the score sporadically so it didn’t come as a huge shock. We will be better against Leicester.

What you have ?

I bet a fish course ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

West Brom Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 22:09 - Apr 12 with 1122 viewsRon11

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 21:26 - Apr 12 by dirk_doone

He also came a yard off his line, which is how he was able to save a penalty that was heading for the corner of the net. When he did the same thing the last time, the penalty had to be retaken but as it was only us, the officials weren't bothered.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 21:26]

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 23:17 - Apr 12 with 1019 viewsBicester_North

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 22:02 - Apr 12 by barry_sanchez

We're down next season defo.

How do you know this?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 23:32 - Apr 12 with 1002 viewsBicester_North

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 19:53 - Apr 12 by TimSaint

This performance is on a par with the Man U 9-0 defeat.

Everyone is awful - Ings has lost his mojo, we can't string 3 passes together, can't control the ball and constantly look to pass it backwards despite being 3 down. We also don't track back and give away stupid unnecessary free kicks.

I hope this is a wake up call we need (once again) in time for the next biggest game of the season. We miss a pen as I type FFS !! Sums us up tonight.

Lose the semi final and the knives will quite rightly be out.

2021 Good performances-
Liverpool, Arsenal (cup), Wolves (cup), Chelsea, Sheff U, Bournemouth

Acceptable- Burnley, Shrewsbury, Villa

Crap- Everton, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal (league), Wolves (league)

Pathetic/disgraceful- Man U, Newcastle, Brighton, WBA, Leeds

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 23:45 - Apr 12 with 986 viewssaintwizzler

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 23:32 - Apr 12 by Bicester_North

Lose the semi final and the knives will quite rightly be out.

2021 Good performances-
Liverpool, Arsenal (cup), Wolves (cup), Chelsea, Sheff U, Bournemouth

Acceptable- Burnley, Shrewsbury, Villa

Crap- Everton, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal (league), Wolves (league)

Pathetic/disgraceful- Man U, Newcastle, Brighton, WBA, Leeds

Even Hassenhuttl looked perplexed tonight.
We were playing the second to worse team in the league and didn’t try.
Gutless performance.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Apr 13 with 972 viewsdarthvader

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 23:45 - Apr 12 by saintwizzler

Gutless performance.

It was cold tho , and less oxygen up there ....highest ground in the country?? Or something .

keep the faith coyr

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 06:59 - Apr 13 with 879 viewsgrumpy

I'm beginning to feel the real problem is off the field rather than on it.
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 08:45 - Apr 13 with 824 viewsRon11

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 06:59 - Apr 13 by grumpy

Yes, the pointless late late substitutions continue, when they should have been made early in the second half which sadly hints yet again that he doesn't really have a clue against a well set up side with a game plan.
And people knock Allardyce. Against Saints they looked like a top six team.
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 08:58 - Apr 13 with 810 viewsSadoldgit

There must be a reason why he doesn’t change things earlier. I’d love to know what that is. I am also thinking that maybe his tactics are too complex and the squad we have are able to put them into operation for short periods but lose the plot and the ability to complete the plan consistently. On paper this was the strongest team available with good options in the bench. Did they have their minds on the Leicester game? We are by no means one of the best teams in the league but we are better than this. I don’t blame Ralph but it is his job to get a tune out of this bunch. He has shown that he can do it and we know all about the injuries and the poor decisions but we shouldn’t be outgunned by WBA now we are virtually back to a full squad.
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 08:59 - Apr 13 with 805 viewssaint22

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 08:45 - Apr 13 by Ron11

Yes, the pointless late late substitutions continue, when they should have been made early in the second half which sadly hints yet again that he doesn't really have a clue against a well set up side with a game plan.
And people knock Allardyce. Against Saints they looked like a top six team.

fully agree
I do wonder about Ralph and his personnel choices
Minamino yesterday who is unavailable Sunday should have started ahead of Walcott
Djenepo should have been on for Redmond at 60 mins and Adams for Ings around the same time
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 09:18 - Apr 13 with 784 viewsMytchettSaint

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 23:45 - Apr 12 by saintwizzler

Gutless performance.

Gutless is about right. But the players can turn in these performances time after time and know there isn’t going to be any blow back from the manager. Can you imagine West Brom putting in that lack of effort or performance and Allardyce just accepting it?
This lot have been stealing a living for far too long since January.

I hope fans are allowed back in sooner rather than later.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 09:25 - Apr 13 with 771 viewsButty101

Im Sure last night was a case of saving ourselves for the cup. But if thats the case dont risk the likes of ings.
I watched the first half on a phone in the pub and have to say the only player that stood out was kwp. Did any attacks come down the left.

Bertand looks like a player that knows hes off.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 09:27 - Apr 13 with 760 viewsJaySaint

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 09:25 - Apr 13 by Butty101

Im Sure last night was a case of saving ourselves for the cup. But if thats the case dont risk the likes of ings.
I watched the first half on a phone in the pub and have to say the only player that stood out was kwp. Did any attacks come down the left.

Bertand looks like a player that knows hes off.

KWP? All of their danger in the first half came his way...

whether he had an off game or not, but for the 2nd game running, our right hand side has been targeted, yet Ralph has no idea what to do

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 13 with 736 viewssaintwizzler

Bertrand is a player looking not to get injured so he can secure one last big deal.
He NEEDS the money.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 10:13 - Apr 13 with 727 viewsJaySaint

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Apr 13 by saintwizzler

Bertrand is a player looking not to get injured so he can secure one last big deal.
He NEEDS the money.

why does he need it?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 10:56 - Apr 13 with 700 viewsRon11

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 08:59 - Apr 13 by saint22

fully agree
I do wonder about Ralph and his personnel choices
Minamino yesterday who is unavailable Sunday should have started ahead of Walcott
Djenepo should have been on for Redmond at 60 mins and Adams for Ings around the same time

I don't understand why they want to keep Walcott over Minamino, although it's probably down to money...Theo just loses the ball or gets knocked off it far too much these days. And I've seen Djenepo and Adams slowly improving and gaining confidence..how is bringing them on with a few minutes to go helping?
It's not as if they're mathematically safe, either. A win last night would have secured safety and been a confidence booster surely?
It's all well and good for Ralph to stand on the touchline shaking his head, he needs to take a look at his own tactics, gameplan and substitutions...
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 11:10 - Apr 13 with 689 viewsKennington

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 10:56 - Apr 13 by Ron11

I don't understand why they want to keep Walcott over Minamino, although it's probably down to money...Theo just loses the ball or gets knocked off it far too much these days. And I've seen Djenepo and Adams slowly improving and gaining confidence..how is bringing them on with a few minutes to go helping?
It's not as if they're mathematically safe, either. A win last night would have secured safety and been a confidence booster surely?
It's all well and good for Ralph to stand on the touchline shaking his head, he needs to take a look at his own tactics, gameplan and substitutions...

Ralph reminds me of a teenager managing Real Madrid on Championship Manager. Just put an eleven out on the pitch, sit back and watch them steamroller everyone. Problem is, this is real life and managers are supposed to outwit their rivals. Bar the top 6, there isn’t a massive difference in quality and it’s about being marginally better than your opponent, Far too often Ralph sits back and doesn’t change anything even though we get beaten nearly every week. I see Ralph more and more as an honourable passionate type of guy, a modern day Dave Merrington, but broadly tactically lacking.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Apr 13 with 654 viewsdirk_doone

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 06:59 - Apr 13 by grumpy

One of the key problems is that our only effective defensive midfielder, Romeu, is off the pitch. The limitations of our static pair of central defenders are now cruelly exposed, especially when Walker-Peters goes forward. What a contrast to the days when Fonte used to hurtle across the pitch to cover everyone with his numerous interceptions and last ditch blocks and tackles.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 14:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Apr 13 with 635 viewsgrumpy

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Apr 13 by dirk_doone

One of the key problems is that our only effective defensive midfielder, Romeu, is off the pitch. The limitations of our static pair of central defenders are now cruelly exposed, especially when Walker-Peters goes forward. What a contrast to the days when Fonte used to hurtle across the pitch to cover everyone with his numerous interceptions and last ditch blocks and tackles.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 14:15]

One of the our troubles, Dirk is that our full backs are considerable better going forward than defending leaving our centre backs exposed as was so cruelly demonstrated yesterday.
We have a good goalkeeper in Foster and Bednarek and Vestergaard and good Centre Halves.
Our Midfield lacks bite and that shows when Romeu is injured.
Walcott and Diallo while having some skill are very lightweight and are easily knocked off the ball. We could have done with Salisu on the pitch yesterday you would have your work cut out pushing him off the ball.
Going forward we can look good when Redmond gets his act together, Ward Prowse is given a free kick,Ings is fit and Adams has a rare purple patch.
Armstrong is the only one who is consistent and even he can drift in and out of games.
On the whole we haven't got a bad team but they do need to fear more who is managing them because a lot of their performances have been appalling.
And Ralph,if its going wrong do something about it don't just stand there and put your subs on for 10 mins or less.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 15:17]
West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Apr 13 with 572 viewsbarry_sanchez

West Brom Game Matchday Thread on 23:17 - Apr 12 by Bicester_North

How do you know this?

Because I have a DeLorean, tardis and that thing in Interstellar and have used them all in going forward in time, after using all three and coming out at different dates in 2022 we're still total shite.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024