Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe just maybe 08:08 - Apr 25 with 9778 viewssaint22

This bunch of self serving pocket lining “people’s” party muppets who have carried on leaving their silver spoon lives through a pandemic might just get their comeuppance

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/24/johnson-faces-mps-fury-over-dow
Maybe just maybe on 09:33 - May 1 with 1079 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 22:53 - Apr 30 by kentsouthampton

I'll laugh my arse off if this does for Johnson.
Not 13 months of destroying liberty and governing like an occupying force. Not killing all those old people's home residents or assembling a crack team of behavioural scientists to terrorise the populace while he sliced away the checks and balances on his power. No, none of that. It was lying about wallpaper, that's when he really crossed the line.

It won’t be just the lies about funding the refurbishment though. It will be the constant stream of lies. It won’t just be the comment about piles of bodies, that is just another demonstration of his complete lack of empathy. The penny is finally dropping for some of those who have been taken in by the cuddly Boris with the funny hair persona. He is a nasty piece of work who doesn’t give a fig about anyone or anything but himself. It isn’t that wallpaper that is the issue, it is his attitude that is being exposed for what t is - grand self entitlement. If there was no dodgy dealings about the refute why not prove it? He clearly didn’t originally pay for the refurbishments and is lying through his teeth again. No integrity, no respect for the rules (or those who voted for him) these are the issues. These are the issues, not his taste (or his latest child incubator’s taste) in wallpaper and cushions.
Sadly I still think that he has some way to go before he gets kicked out, so prepare yourselves for yet more of this nonsense before the electorate comes to its senses.
Maybe just maybe on 12:24 - May 1 with 1044 viewsBison

Maybe just maybe on 09:33 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

It won’t be just the lies about funding the refurbishment though. It will be the constant stream of lies. It won’t just be the comment about piles of bodies, that is just another demonstration of his complete lack of empathy. The penny is finally dropping for some of those who have been taken in by the cuddly Boris with the funny hair persona. He is a nasty piece of work who doesn’t give a fig about anyone or anything but himself. It isn’t that wallpaper that is the issue, it is his attitude that is being exposed for what t is - grand self entitlement. If there was no dodgy dealings about the refute why not prove it? He clearly didn’t originally pay for the refurbishments and is lying through his teeth again. No integrity, no respect for the rules (or those who voted for him) these are the issues. These are the issues, not his taste (or his latest child incubator’s taste) in wallpaper and cushions.
Sadly I still think that he has some way to go before he gets kicked out, so prepare yourselves for yet more of this nonsense before the electorate comes to its senses.

Who should we vote for oh wise one ?

I never voted for Boris but at the same time never voted for Labour , but go on convince me who I should vote for policy wise not what there personal life is like.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Maybe just maybe on 13:30 - May 1 with 1029 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 12:24 - May 1 by Bison

I never voted for Boris but at the same time never voted for Labour , but go on convince me who I should vote for policy wise not what there personal life is like.

This is the point. Convince me why I should have voted for another brexit referendum (with remain and remain on the ballot paper), causing another few years of wrangling and chaos. Most of us didn't want that surely? Convince me as to why I should have voted for completely free tuition fees, when I am still paying off mine, so I would be paying for today's students and my own. I had to pay, they get it free? Convince me why I should have voted for people to have 10 kids, and I have to pay for them in my taxes? I certainly didn't vote for Boris because I thought he was an angel!

There just wasn't an alternative and Labour have to look at their policies in particular if they want to draw back some of the voters. Corbyn was an issue, as were some of the policies but in particular, many Labour voters also voted leave and wanted their vote to be respected. Boris respected their will, even if he is a liar (and show me a politician who isn't)! We might want to think that Starmer is a perfect infusion of moral beauty, but I'm sure he will be like all the others at some point.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 13:37]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Maybe just maybe on 13:38 - May 1 with 1015 viewsSadoldgit

I wish I was wise Bison, but even then I wouldn’t presume to tell you how to vote. Out of 364 MPs though you would think that the Tory Party could find at least one with leadership qualities and a level of integrity!
Maybe just maybe on 13:40 - May 1 with 1014 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 13:38 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

I wish I was wise Bison, but even then I wouldn’t presume to tell you how to vote. Out of 364 MPs though you would think that the Tory Party could find at least one with leadership qualities and a level of integrity!

Theresa May had integrity right? She did things by the book and got on with things without any scandals. But she got nowhere......
[Post edited 1 May 2021 13:42]

Maybe just maybe on 13:47 - May 1 with 1001 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 13:40 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

Theresa May had integrity right? She did things by the book and got on with things without any scandals. But she got nowhere......
[Post edited 1 May 2021 13:42]

She might have integrity but she had no leadership qualities.
Maybe just maybe on 13:50 - May 1 with 1000 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 13:47 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

She might have integrity but she had no leadership qualities.

Therein lies the issue. Boris maybe a liar, but he delivered brexit with a deal, and got it done. May wasn't a liar but didn't get it done. Boris was elected not for his moral compass but amongst other things because people were fed up of things not getting done. The vaccine roll out has been a success too and this wouldn't be the case had we still been in Europe or had we stayed in the EU medicines policy. That is not to say that the government hasn't got things wrong too, but every government does.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 13:52]

Maybe just maybe on 15:42 - May 1 with 972 viewsgrumpy

If you didn't vote for Boris or Labour who did you vote for?
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe just maybe on 19:06 - May 1 with 931 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 13:50 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

Therein lies the issue. Boris maybe a liar, but he delivered brexit with a deal, and got it done. May wasn't a liar but didn't get it done. Boris was elected not for his moral compass but amongst other things because people were fed up of things not getting done. The vaccine roll out has been a success too and this wouldn't be the case had we still been in Europe or had we stayed in the EU medicines policy. That is not to say that the government hasn't got things wrong too, but every government does.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 13:52]

Getting things done is all very well if you want them done. Nearly half the country didn’t want Brexit so hailing it as an achievement the doesn’t cut it for a great deal of the inhabitants of the UK.
Maybe just maybe on 20:07 - May 1 with 914 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 19:06 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

Getting things done is all very well if you want them done. Nearly half the country didn’t want Brexit so hailing it as an achievement the doesn’t cut it for a great deal of the inhabitants of the UK.

The referendum was close but the election wasn't. People knew a vote for Boris meant Brexit. They were elected, on the premise they would get Brexit done and they have. The election was a chance for people to stop brexit or have another vote if they wanted to. The people clearly voted to get Brexit done in the democratic process that exists in our country, so nobody can complain. It was in the Tory manifesto, and they got elected, so they had a mandate to do it.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 20:25]

Maybe just maybe on 21:45 - May 1 with 894 viewsgrumpy

Maybe just maybe on 20:07 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

The referendum was close but the election wasn't. People knew a vote for Boris meant Brexit. They were elected, on the premise they would get Brexit done and they have. The election was a chance for people to stop brexit or have another vote if they wanted to. The people clearly voted to get Brexit done in the democratic process that exists in our country, so nobody can complain. It was in the Tory manifesto, and they got elected, so they had a mandate to do it.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 20:25]

It wasn't just about Brexit.
A lot of people couldn't see Corbyn and his Shadow Cabinet as a credible Government.
Corbyn was all over the place with Brexit.
The election result didn't mean such a majority was for Brexit.
Maybe just maybe on 21:54 - May 1 with 892 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 21:45 - May 1 by grumpy

It wasn't just about Brexit.
A lot of people couldn't see Corbyn and his Shadow Cabinet as a credible Government.
Corbyn was all over the place with Brexit.
The election result didn't mean such a majority was for Brexit.

But nonetheless, Brexit was in their manifesto, they got elected, so have therefore delivered it. You're right, many people couldn't bring themselves to vote for Corbyn, but had they felt strongly enough about stopping brexit, they could have done. They also had the chance to cancel brexit by voting Liberal democrat, very few people voted for them. There clearly wasn't an appetite for it to be stopped. The general election gave people the chance to stop it.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 21:57]

Maybe just maybe on 21:58 - May 1 with 886 viewsgrumpy

Maybe just maybe on 21:54 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

But nonetheless, Brexit was in their manifesto, they got elected, so have therefore delivered it. You're right, many people couldn't bring themselves to vote for Corbyn, but had they felt strongly enough about stopping brexit, they could have done. They also had the chance to cancel brexit by voting Liberal democrat, very few people voted for them. There clearly wasn't an appetite for it to be stopped. The general election gave people the chance to stop it.

You're right there wasn't an appetite for Labour voters to vote Liberal democrat
Maybe just maybe on 11:06 - May 2 with 797 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 21:54 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

There clearly was an appetite for it to be stopped but we shall never know by how many because we never had a referendum. We also don’t have a voting system that reflects accurately on what people want thanks to the first past the post system. Still this is all done now and means nothing when it comes to Johnson’s relationship with the truth. If you want to continue with the Brexit argument true believers says that Hohnson isn’t one of them, which will come as no surprise to most. This was a career move for him. May people have been suckered by the lies he spouted about the EU for years (the bs about spending the money on the NHS instead being one of many). It’s all very well saying that it is ok to behave as he does because he gets things done if you don’t care about the consequences of getting things done under false pretences. For example, ignoring the advice to lockdown sooner because he wanted to keep the economy going meant that the death toll was much higher than it could have been. Bodies did pike high and he is prepared for the same to happen. Fine with that? Fair enough. But at least let him say in public what he also says in private and let’s see how that works for him.
Maybe just maybe on 11:25 - May 2 with 790 viewsSadoldgit

There is a good article on the BBC newsfeed by Laura Kuenssberg today about Johnson’s casual relationship with the truth and how that has effected wives, girlfriend, colleagues, Brexit etc. She says when the truth becomes an inconvenience to him he just ignores it. She also says that many people are happy to ignore that because it helps them get what they want. So he lies get ignored because “he gets things done”. How would football fans have dealt with that if he had got the new Super Europa League done on the back of lies I wonder? She also says that people eventual tire of his behaviour, which also happened to his American twin Trump. In this case I think the Tory Party will leave him there long enough to either carry the can for the Covid debacle or to deflect the criticism, which lets face it, he is an expert at, and then dump him before the next election, so he won’t have the ignominy of his exposed lies being used against the party.
Maybe just maybe on 11:54 - May 2 with 777 viewsBazza

Maybe just maybe on 11:25 - May 2 by Sadoldgit

There is a good article on the BBC newsfeed by Laura Kuenssberg today about Johnson’s casual relationship with the truth and how that has effected wives, girlfriend, colleagues, Brexit etc. She says when the truth becomes an inconvenience to him he just ignores it. She also says that many people are happy to ignore that because it helps them get what they want. So he lies get ignored because “he gets things done”. How would football fans have dealt with that if he had got the new Super Europa League done on the back of lies I wonder? She also says that people eventual tire of his behaviour, which also happened to his American twin Trump. In this case I think the Tory Party will leave him there long enough to either carry the can for the Covid debacle or to deflect the criticism, which lets face it, he is an expert at, and then dump him before the next election, so he won’t have the ignominy of his exposed lies being used against the party.

Soggy we get it, you cant stand Boris. Enough already.
Calling Boris as Trump’s twin is just silly though maybe Starmer is May’s twin; both honest, decent, boring, ineffective leaders.
Maybe just maybe on 12:46 - May 2 with 771 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 11:54 - May 2 by Bazza

Soggy we get it, you cant stand Boris. Enough already.
Calling Boris as Trump’s twin is just silly though maybe Starmer is May’s twin; both honest, decent, boring, ineffective leaders.

There are a great many similarities between Trump and Johnson, not least that they both have the narcissistic personality disorder. As for Starmer, I guess we will only find out if he ever becomes the PM. I am willing to bet that he will work for a fairer society than the one we have now if he does ever get the top job.
Maybe just maybe on 13:22 - May 2 with 764 viewsMattFinish

Maybe just maybe on 22:35 - Apr 26 by Bazza

Both ex public school, in their 50s, wealthy but millions not billions, both well educated but weak leaders bullied by minority party factions.

So exactly what ongoing corruption is Starmer involved in. Has he handed out contracts to under-qualified school chums, given contracts to companies that he and his sister are shareholders in, excused his advisor for breaking all of the Covid non-travel rules saying they hadn't done anything wrong, bent rules to allow his father to break non-travel rules to 'air' his Greek villa or have I missed something?
Maybe just maybe on 13:32 - May 2 with 754 viewsBazza

Maybe just maybe on 13:22 - May 2 by MattFinish

So exactly what ongoing corruption is Starmer involved in. Has he handed out contracts to under-qualified school chums, given contracts to companies that he and his sister are shareholders in, excused his advisor for breaking all of the Covid non-travel rules saying they hadn't done anything wrong, bent rules to allow his father to break non-travel rules to 'air' his Greek villa or have I missed something?

Never mentioned corruption about Starmer. I did suggest he's a weak leader bullied by a minority faction.
Btw Boris may be influenced by generous donors but just think how much influence Unite union has on the Labour party.

Bent rules for his father???
Maybe just maybe on 14:29 - May 2 with 731 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 11:06 - May 2 by Sadoldgit

There clearly was an appetite for it to be stopped but we shall never know by how many because we never had a referendum. We also don’t have a voting system that reflects accurately on what people want thanks to the first past the post system. Still this is all done now and means nothing when it comes to Johnson’s relationship with the truth. If you want to continue with the Brexit argument true believers says that Hohnson isn’t one of them, which will come as no surprise to most. This was a career move for him. May people have been suckered by the lies he spouted about the EU for years (the bs about spending the money on the NHS instead being one of many). It’s all very well saying that it is ok to behave as he does because he gets things done if you don’t care about the consequences of getting things done under false pretences. For example, ignoring the advice to lockdown sooner because he wanted to keep the economy going meant that the death toll was much higher than it could have been. Bodies did pike high and he is prepared for the same to happen. Fine with that? Fair enough. But at least let him say in public what he also says in private and let’s see how that works for him.

Actions speak louder than words. He might have said this, that and the other, but Boris did lockdown last autumn and he did lockdown from January for a very long time. He also insisted we were not part of the EU medicines system, so many lives have also been saved by the vaccine programme, that has only been so successful because of the actions of this government (the most successful vaccination programme in Europe in fact).

Starmer wanted to be a part of the EU medicines agency, and therefore lives would have been lost that way, by his actions, even if he didn't say about bodies piling high. Boris is outspoken, he lies yes but you have to weigh everything up. Some may have preferred May personally for example, but she was useless at leading and getting anything done, although she was paralysed by the numbers in parliament. And then Boris called an election just like May did and got a huge majority. Thus was after he lied about the reason for proroguing parliament. People it seems don't mind a few lies, if we get things done.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 14:31]

Maybe just maybe on 14:30 - May 2 with 730 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 13:32 - May 2 by Bazza

Never mentioned corruption about Starmer. I did suggest he's a weak leader bullied by a minority faction.
Btw Boris may be influenced by generous donors but just think how much influence Unite union has on the Labour party.

If we are going to talk about ancestry, how long have you got for Stanley Johnson?
Bottom line, out of the two of Boris and Keir, which one is more likely to look you in the eye and tell you an outright lie?

Once again though we are getting off topic. This isn’t about the leader(s) of the Labour Party. It is about Boris Johnson and his behaviour.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 14:34]
Maybe just maybe on 15:53 - May 2 with 701 viewsMattFinish

Hmmm don't see Unite Union paying Starmer £millions for a game of tennis.

No, you didn't mention corruption and Starmer but you said Starmer and Boris were the same.

Don't get me wrong I'm not Labour nor Tory. I vote for the party who I think will do the less damage, which is usually the opposition as you don't want any of the f***ing useless gimps in for two terms but there is a worrying development in the amount of brazen-faced corruption in the Tory party
Maybe just maybe on 16:21 - May 2 with 690 viewsgrumpy

The Labour Party grew out of the trade union movement so no surprises that it has
such influence.
It amazes me that so many cant see through all that Churchillian bluster of his.
Starmer is more than a handful for Boris, you see that at Prime Ministers Question Time, where Boris keeps looking round for applause. Unfortunately for him his big majority is not there.
Maybe just maybe on 17:27 - May 2 with 661 viewsBazza

Maybe just maybe on 15:53 - May 2 by MattFinish

Hmmm don't see Unite Union paying Starmer £millions for a game of tennis.

No, you didn't mention corruption and Starmer but you said Starmer and Boris were the same.

Don't get me wrong I'm not Labour nor Tory. I vote for the party who I think will do the less damage, which is usually the opposition as you don't want any of the f***ing useless gimps in for two terms but there is a worrying development in the amount of brazen-faced corruption in the Tory party

Actually didn’t say Boris and Starmer are the same but they do have similarities as I mentioned. Thank goodness there’s not two of either man! Like you I’m not wedded to any party, all have strengths and plenty of weaknesses.
On here I comment on dogmatic views stuck on one party viewpoint. I confess to supporting Brexit like the majority (just) and think we should move on and try to improve implementation despite the EU bitterness.
Maybe just maybe on 19:18 - May 2 with 634 viewsSadoldgit

Senior Tory says PM should resign if he has broken ministerial code https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56962642
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024