Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe just maybe 08:08 - Apr 25 with 9781 viewssaint22

This bunch of self serving pocket lining “people’s” party muppets who have carried on leaving their silver spoon lives through a pandemic might just get their comeuppance

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/24/johnson-faces-mps-fury-over-dow
Maybe just maybe on 15:33 - May 3 with 1270 viewskentsouthampton

Maybe just maybe on 13:50 - May 3 by Chesham_Saint

I recall a massive lobby to lockdown and an equally massive lobby to delay for as long as possible as the so-called “Great British Public” were thought to be unlikely to accept a lock down of more than a few weeks, so starting it too soon would be counter-productive.

Hobson’s Choice.

The Great British public were locking themselves down long before he called one.
It's the reason infection rates were falling before it was brought in.
Even football locked down two weeks before he did.
Maybe just maybe on 15:48 - May 3 with 1248 viewsBazza

Maybe just maybe on 15:30 - May 3 by kentsouthampton

Blair paid the excess out of his own pocket, and he didn't spend two hundred grand of someone else's money. He also didn't pick the wallpaper while thousands of people were falling ill and there was a grave shortage of PPE.

Lord Irvine the Labour peer spent £650000 on decor including £59,000 on wallpaper doing up his place in Westminster. So there’s a precedent. Still completely wrong of course. Btw how’s the court case going against the Labour mayor of Liverpool and his nipper?
My point is politicians in all parties are far from blameless. Boris has been doing a good job on the vaccine despite his other failings, despite being a rich Etonian, despite the EU trying to shaft us at every opportunity, despite the BBCs accepted biased reporting and despite having a egotistical pumped up spiteful arse of a former advisor.
Maybe just maybe on 15:54 - May 3 with 1243 viewsgrumpy

Maybe just maybe on 14:06 - May 3 by Bazza

Think you should look up the definition of ‘fact’. It doesn’t mean ‘as stated by the Guardian/Mirror’

Burd ?

Successive PMs have spent a fortune on No10 decor eg Tony Blair. I don’t agree with it but it not at all unusual sadly. Expensive wallpaper on government buildings was the fetishised of Blair’s mate, Lord Irvine

Tony Blair was in residence for 6 years.
What Lord Irvine has to do with this I don't know.
When so many are struggling financially, businesses going bust, cladding fiasco and a possible tsunami of unemployment heading our way this is not the time to be spending a ludicrous amount of money on your flat.
Maybe just maybe on 15:57 - May 3 with 1238 viewssaint22

Maybe just maybe on 15:54 - May 3 by grumpy

When so many are struggling financially, businesses going bust, cladding fiasco and a possible tsunami of unemployment heading our way this is not the time to be spending a ludicrous amount of money on your flat.

But when you were raised as an entitled privileged little toff who got what he wanted whenever he asked you just carry on regardless of what goes on around you
Maybe just maybe on 16:25 - May 3 with 1222 viewskentsouthampton

Especially when you don't own it.
Maybe just maybe on 17:17 - May 3 with 1195 viewsBazza

Let me explain Lord Irvine was Blair’s Labour Lord Chancellor who spent £650k on his House of Lords apartment. He didn’t resign, nor was he sacked. Politicians have a record of being generous with our taxpayers money not just Tories sadly.

BTW
Interesting that Dom Cummings is Labour’s new poster boy! Who’da thought it!
Maybe just maybe on 18:14 - May 3 with 1164 viewsgrumpy

Maybe just maybe on 17:17 - May 3 by Bazza

Let me explain Lord Irvine was Blair’s Labour Lord Chancellor who spent £650k on his House of Lords apartment. He didn’t resign, nor was he sacked. Politicians have a record of being generous with our taxpayers money not just Tories sadly.

BTW
Interesting that Dom Cummings is Labour’s new poster boy! Who’da thought it!

I know all about Lord Irwin, thanks.
Tory,Labour,Liberal or Monster Raving loon Party doesn't make it right.
Just as a matter of interest where did you get that figure for his flat?
[Post edited 3 May 2021 18:21]
Maybe just maybe on 19:01 - May 3 with 1149 viewsBazza

Maybe just maybe on 18:14 - May 3 by grumpy

I know all about Lord Irwin, thanks.
Tory,Labour,Liberal or Monster Raving loon Party doesn't make it right.
Just as a matter of interest where did you get that figure for his flat?
[Post edited 3 May 2021 18:21]

Certainly doesn’t make it which is why I said ‘Sadly’
If you want read about Derry Irvine just google Lord Irvine,wallpaper.
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe just maybe on 21:03 - May 3 with 1121 viewsgrumpy

Maybe just maybe on 19:01 - May 3 by Bazza

Certainly doesn’t make it which is why I said ‘Sadly’
If you want read about Derry Irvine just google Lord Irvine,wallpaper.

I think I will give reading about Lord Irvine's wallpaper a miss,thanks.
Maybe just maybe on 22:36 - May 3 with 1095 viewsChesham_Saint

Maybe just maybe on 15:33 - May 3 by kentsouthampton

The Great British public were locking themselves down long before he called one.
It's the reason infection rates were falling before it was brought in.
Even football locked down two weeks before he did.

Football locked down? Did that include Liverpool?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Maybe just maybe on 22:53 - May 3 with 1088 viewsChesham_Saint

Maybe just maybe on 15:57 - May 3 by saint22

But when you were raised as an entitled privileged little toff who got what he wanted whenever he asked you just carry on regardless of what goes on around you

You really do have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to “Toffs”. The way I see it, it’s not someone’s fault where they were educated. Judge them on who they are now, not where they’ve come from (although, yes, being a so-called Toff does increase the chances of being a git I grant you).

Maybe just maybe on 08:36 - May 4 with 1009 viewskentsouthampton

Maybe just maybe on 22:36 - May 3 by Chesham_Saint

Football locked down? Did that include Liverpool?

Football locked down a couple of days after that game when Arteta went down with the virus.
Maybe just maybe on 08:37 - May 4 with 1009 viewskentsouthampton

Maybe just maybe on 19:31 - May 2 by Saintsforeverj

I don't think he will listen. At the end of the day, as always the people will decide. The by election in Hartlepool will give us a good indication of what people think of Boris, as well as the the local elections. Hartlepool used to elect Labour MP's. It was a leave area, Boris delivered their will and for that they appreciate him even if he lied about a renovation of a room in downing Street. Well that's what the polls say anyway, although it is narrowing let's see.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/keir-starmer-slumps-as-boris-johnson-bounces-
[Post edited 2 May 2021 19:34]

When Sturgeon was thought to have broken the rules she referred herself to a QC for a judgement, the tramp clown has referred himself to himself for judgement. Tinpot arsehole.
Maybe just maybe on 21:21 - May 4 with 943 viewsChesham_Saint

Maybe just maybe on 08:36 - May 4 by kentsouthampton

Football locked down a couple of days after that game when Arteta went down with the virus.

Ah, so later then..

Maybe just maybe on 08:59 - May 5 with 884 viewsRon11

Maybe just maybe on 09:48 - Apr 27 by saints__fan__73

Yes, what a terrible shame Comrade Corbyn hasn't been governing us these past years.....

If he had, do you think we would have the same low level of Covid cases and fatalities the we have now?
We'd still be in the nazi EU for a start...
Maybe just maybe on 08:06 - May 7 with 810 viewsSaintsforeverj

So the Tories win the Hartlepool seat for the first time ever. Some muppet and clown this Boris guy isn't he? They might get their comeuppance? More like Boris is very popular with the people who delivered their will. Labour seat for 50 years, until now. Starmer, looking very vulnerable with his members. Who was calling Boris a useless leader again? Some opinion that, considering he is the only leader ever, to turn this seat Tory, amongst many other seats in the vanishing red wall. Can't blame Corbyn now. The majority wanted Brexit, and are punishing Labour for not listening ( or is it because they love Boris?)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/elections-20
[Post edited 7 May 2021 8:34]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Maybe just maybe on 08:32 - May 7 with 787 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 17:22 - Apr 27 by DorsetIan

We will eventually get to an 'anyone but Boris' position, but we are not there yet.

And likely the Tory Party will get rid as soon as that moment comes.

Why would they get rid? Seems to be doing better than any leader in recent history.

Maybe just maybe on 08:34 - May 7 with 786 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 08:06 - May 7 by Saintsforeverj

So the Tories win the Hartlepool seat for the first time ever. Some muppet and clown this Boris guy isn't he? They might get their comeuppance? More like Boris is very popular with the people who delivered their will. Labour seat for 50 years, until now. Starmer, looking very vulnerable with his members. Who was calling Boris a useless leader again? Some opinion that, considering he is the only leader ever, to turn this seat Tory, amongst many other seats in the vanishing red wall. Can't blame Corbyn now. The majority wanted Brexit, and are punishing Labour for not listening ( or is it because they love Boris?)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/elections-20
[Post edited 7 May 2021 8:34]

It doesn’t mean that Johnson isn’t a muppet. The Tories would probably win in 2019 too if it hadn’t been for the Brexit Party hoovering up a quarter of the votes. As John Bearcow said on WT Kat night, voters are hardly likely to dump the party right now after having delivered on Brexit, Hartlepool having voted to leave. Your loyalty to the mop headed one is touching, but the bloke is still a muppet.
Maybe just maybe on 08:36 - May 7 with 784 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 08:34 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

It doesn’t mean that Johnson isn’t a muppet. The Tories would probably win in 2019 too if it hadn’t been for the Brexit Party hoovering up a quarter of the votes. As John Bearcow said on WT Kat night, voters are hardly likely to dump the party right now after having delivered on Brexit, Hartlepool having voted to leave. Your loyalty to the mop headed one is touching, but the bloke is still a muppet.

My loyalty and in many corners of this country. How can he be a muppet if he is winning seats for the first time ever? What does that make Starmer who has lead his party to losing a seat for the first time ever? This is a Labour stronghold, or was.

It's not about voters not dumping the party, some are old Labour voters. This seat has never been Tory, so the party is gaining votes, under Boris.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 8:53]

Maybe just maybe on 08:53 - May 7 with 756 viewsBison

Maybe just maybe on 08:34 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

Do you think Starmer should go ? He hasn't even stopped the trend towards the Tories let alone turned it around. Labour seem to have lost all sense of reality what muppet puts a Remainer candidate up in a bye election where the locals voted 70% for Brexit.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Maybe just maybe on 09:10 - May 7 with 741 viewsSaintsforeverj

Maybe just maybe on 08:53 - May 7 by Bison

Do you think Starmer should go ? He hasn't even stopped the trend towards the Tories let alone turned it around. Labour seem to have lost all sense of reality what muppet puts a Remainer candidate up in a bye election where the locals voted 70% for Brexit.

A remainer candidate in a leave area? Good one Starmer - great leadership. It is a subtle hint that the Labour Party still supports remain and the people arn't having it. Politicians will never pull the wool over the British voter. They know what's what. Boris isnt perfect, but he made promises that matter, and he delivered.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 9:12]

Maybe just maybe on 12:06 - May 7 with 714 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 09:10 - May 7 by Saintsforeverj

A remainer candidate in a leave area? Good one Starmer - great leadership. It is a subtle hint that the Labour Party still supports remain and the people arn't having it. Politicians will never pull the wool over the British voter. They know what's what. Boris isnt perfect, but he made promises that matter, and he delivered.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 9:12]

What difference does it make if he supported leave or remain? Johnson himself was ambivalent. As we are constantly told, it is done so let’s move on. There are plenty of people in government who still believe strongly that leaving was a mistake. We have to make the best of it and social issues are only going to get worse in the next few years so let’s see how that plays out with a government who don’t give a **** about the under privileged.

Both Trump and Johnson have proved that you can lie and demonstrate a complete lack of integrity and decency on a daily basis yet people will still give you their votes. Go figure.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 12:28]
Maybe just maybe on 12:26 - May 7 with 699 viewsForeverred

I suppose if we are taking about Unacceptable comments of people dying, then the comments by a Labour councillor that quoted what a shame the pandemic didn’t come before the EU referendum,
Then the old leave voters would have been dead, and we would still be in Europe. Not a word of condemnation by Keir Starmer . Both comments are disgraceful, but my point is people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. I am not going on about politics on this site, let’s keep it for football In my opinion, there are other sites I can have a rant on politicians, most are hypocrites on all sides of the political spectrum .
Maybe just maybe on 12:35 - May 7 with 692 viewsBison

Maybe just maybe on 12:06 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

What difference does it make if he supported leave or remain? Johnson himself was ambivalent. As we are constantly told, it is done so let’s move on. There are plenty of people in government who still believe strongly that leaving was a mistake. We have to make the best of it and social issues are only going to get worse in the next few years so let’s see how that plays out with a government who don’t give a **** about the under privileged.

Both Trump and Johnson have proved that you can lie and demonstrate a complete lack of integrity and decency on a daily basis yet people will still give you their votes. Go figure.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 12:28]

What difference does it make if he supported leave or remain?

1 less Labour MP , 1 more Tory MP.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Maybe just maybe on 13:55 - May 7 with 671 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe just maybe on 12:35 - May 7 by Bison

What difference does it make if he supported leave or remain?

1 less Labour MP , 1 more Tory MP.

Do we know that is the reason why people didn’t vote for him? If so, isn’t it time that those people moved on as us remainers are always told to? This is no longer about Brexit. It is about the future of this country. Hartlepool have decided that they want more of the same which I find sad but will please all those who think that the country is well served by this Tory government.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024