Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham Game Matchday Thread 13:56 - May 15 with 3120 viewsSaintNick

5 mins to the team news

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 18:51 - May 15 with 932 viewsSadoldgit

I don’t get the hate for Redmond. I really don’t think he was that bad today.
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 19:04 - May 15 with 898 viewshedgeend61

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 18:51 - May 15 by Sadoldgit

Didn't do anything good either, noticed other players started to pass elsewhere when the obvious ball was to him.

Not good enough, passenger, Championship level at best.
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 19:24 - May 15 with 852 viewsA1079

I am sure it is not hate SOG. He is a Saints player and whatever you feel about the ability of a player I would hope it would never descend into something that negative.

I did not see any of the game today so cannot comment on the performance of any player but based on the many many times I have seen Redmond it is the frustration and disappointment that gets to you at times. There is the odd occasion when he pulls a rabbit out of the bag but all too often he has simply not delivered and it cannot be down to inexperience or anything as he has been with us for 5 and a half years and played at this level for longer. Over the years his final ball and conversion has been pretty poor. Yet, he seems to be a given to being picked.

I have no doubt he tries his best and he gives what he can but if I am honest, I think he is a championship player at best and we saw that against Bournemouth. But, he is not the only player in our team who is not really PL level. He doesn't deserve any abuse and we should get behind him when he does play but that does not mean that he is above criticism.
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 19:55 - May 15 with 801 viewsDorsetIan

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 19:24 - May 15 by A1079

I am sure it is not hate SOG. He is a Saints player and whatever you feel about the ability of a player I would hope it would never descend into something that negative.

I did not see any of the game today so cannot comment on the performance of any player but based on the many many times I have seen Redmond it is the frustration and disappointment that gets to you at times. There is the odd occasion when he pulls a rabbit out of the bag but all too often he has simply not delivered and it cannot be down to inexperience or anything as he has been with us for 5 and a half years and played at this level for longer. Over the years his final ball and conversion has been pretty poor. Yet, he seems to be a given to being picked.

I have no doubt he tries his best and he gives what he can but if I am honest, I think he is a championship player at best and we saw that against Bournemouth. But, he is not the only player in our team who is not really PL level. He doesn't deserve any abuse and we should get behind him when he does play but that does not mean that he is above criticism.

This.

It’s not hate, it’s just calling it as it is.

I feel sorry for him tbh. He looks completely miserable and I bet he is as frustrated and fed up with his performances as others are.

And it’s not that he offers nothing. More that he seems to squander so much.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 20:03 - May 15 with 784 viewsSadoldgit

There is critism, which is perfectly fine, and then there is vitriol and abuse. I think Redmond gets the latter.
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 21:06 - May 15 with 723 viewshedgeend61

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 20:03 - May 15 by Sadoldgit

There is critism, which is perfectly fine, and then there is vitriol and abuse. I think Redmond gets the latter.

Are there many abusive posts?

Many critisise as they're entitled to.

But having one good game a season against a Championship team is not good enough, being constantly poor and still starting most games, lightweight, poor decision making, giving the ball away, hardly ever scores, going backwards, lazy, disinterested, not putting in 100% is not abuse, it's fact/opinion.

Efan Ekoku, who knows his onions, made me laugh when he said on Sky v Palace, Ralph said he needed to move around a bit more instead of standing still all the time, think he needs another chat soon.

He's got away with it really this season with empty stadiums, put in another half-hearted effort Tuesday against Leeds with 8000 in, he'll know what abuse if for sure.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 22:39]
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 21:35 - May 15 with 688 viewsSalisburySaint

I’m a fan of Redmond, but thought he was poor today

However the stick he gets from so many of our fans on a regular basis is unwarranted imo
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - May 15 with 656 viewscocklebreath

It’s not hate it’s annoyance at a player not giving his all, he was pathetic today, half arsed. I want him to do well but too often he’s shite. Tella was the opposite, desperate to go do well

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 09:27 - May 16 with 503 viewsSaintNick

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 21:35 - May 15 by SalisburySaint

I’m a fan of Redmond, but thought he was poor today

However the stick he gets from so many of our fans on a regular basis is unwarranted imo

This is my position on him, perhaps on this site we are a bit more reserved in our criticism, but if you read social media it is all sound bites "get him out of our club" "should never play again " etc.

These days some seem to like to hate certain players, despite the fact that those players have made many positive contributions to our football club.

Redmond was poor today, nothing seemed to come off for him and the harder he tried the worse it become, someone said that the players had stopped passing to him, I though the opposite, whe we attacked the players seemed to be trying to find him, trying to get him a goal.

At the end of the day I have no problem with fans criticising a player for his performance, but we should all want them to do well and i'm afraid that a lot of what I read these days on social media seems to be about hate and not support

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 09:36 - May 16 with 487 viewsA1079

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 09:27 - May 16 by SaintNick

This is my position on him, perhaps on this site we are a bit more reserved in our criticism, but if you read social media it is all sound bites "get him out of our club" "should never play again " etc.

These days some seem to like to hate certain players, despite the fact that those players have made many positive contributions to our football club.

Redmond was poor today, nothing seemed to come off for him and the harder he tried the worse it become, someone said that the players had stopped passing to him, I though the opposite, whe we attacked the players seemed to be trying to find him, trying to get him a goal.

At the end of the day I have no problem with fans criticising a player for his performance, but we should all want them to do well and i'm afraid that a lot of what I read these days on social media seems to be about hate and not support

Completely agree with this Nick. Constructive criticism is one thing social media abuse is unaccceptable, but I don't read it, so that may be why I don't see the abuse - and don't wish to.
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 09:54 - May 16 with 473 viewsBerber

And after all that time, he still hasn't mastered the technique of keeping the ball down. Yet again, places the ball high (and wide this time).
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 10:12 - May 16 with 458 viewsSaintNick

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 09:54 - May 16 by Berber

And after all that time, he still hasn't mastered the technique of keeping the ball down. Yet again, places the ball high (and wide this time).

Yes it was shocking that he was the first player in the history of the club to hit a shot high and wide , Danny Ings has never done that ever

#gethimoutofmyclub

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 10:13 - May 16 with 457 viewsRon11

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 09:36 - May 16 by A1079

Completely agree with this Nick. Constructive criticism is one thing social media abuse is unaccceptable, but I don't read it, so that may be why I don't see the abuse - and don't wish to.

I've mostly only seen criticism of his current performances on here, not what you could describe as 'hate'.
I've always been an admirer of Nathan Redmond, he's always put in a 100% with a smile on his face. What's gone wrong we don't know...he doesn't exactly look disinterested, but on the other hand he's looking careless and gives the ball away far too often. For example look at Danny Ings, when he's not running at the opposition defence, he's back in our own half defending the goal.
At the moment Redmond seems to have lost his spark, it's not great to watch. I remember people saying bring him in from out wide. Perhaps a change such as that might help.
He's certainly not that type of player such as Lemina, Schneiderlin, Van Dijk and the infamous Kenwyne Jones among others who treated the club with contempt when things didn't go how they wanted.
I hope the real Nathan (Club player of the season 2018-2019) comes back...
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 11:14 - May 16 with 430 viewsBerber

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 10:12 - May 16 by SaintNick

Yes it was shocking that he was the first player in the history of the club to hit a shot high and wide , Danny Ings has never done that ever

#gethimoutofmyclub

But he does it more often than not, you must have noticed surely?
Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 17:42 - May 16 with 385 viewsDorsetIan

Fulham Game Matchday Thread on 11:14 - May 16 by Berber

But he does it more often than not, you must have noticed surely?

My impression this year is that he’s been trying other things but for a while in our house seeing the signature Redmond move was a bit of a joke: cuts in from the left, onto his right foot, goes for the top right corner, blasts it high and wide.

Having noticed it previously, I do now notice that he hasn’t done it as much. More of his shots have been on the ground, or he has tried to pick out someone else.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024