Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Minamino 19:50 - May 16 with 1333 viewsSadoldgit

Gets a lot of grief but I was watching him off the ball yesterday and not only does he work hard in trying to win the ball back but he makes some glorious runs off the ball. When Tella cut in and chose to shoot from a tight angle, Minamino was on his own in the penalty area and a square ball would have given him a tap in. A player like a Mount or a Grealish would find him in better positions. He is a bit lightweight but I don’t think that we have seen the best of him. We know he has a tidy finish. I think he has a good future in front of him.
Minamino on 20:30 - May 16 with 1294 viewsCity_boy

Makes me wonder whether we are going to make an offer for him. I know Klopp said he is still part of Liverpool plans, but had to say that. If not, it doesn't really make sense why we are playing him in the last few games, when we are safe and could be giving valuable game time to others.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 20:30]
Minamino on 20:45 - May 16 with 1273 viewsthissceptredsaint

I only saw the highlights but even in those I saw him influencing the game, providing options, don't understand the grief he got on here although I conceed I only saw highlights
Minamino on 20:57 - May 16 with 1251 viewssaint22

Minamino on 20:45 - May 16 by thissceptredsaint

I only saw the highlights but even in those I saw him influencing the game, providing options, don't understand the grief he got on here although I conceed I only saw highlights

He is a highlight player not a 90 minute one
Flits in and out but too Lightweight and gives the ball away too often
Plus with Walcott Djenepo Redmond etc I can’t see us needing another of his type
Would much rather we spent money in securing full backs
Minamino on 21:04 - May 16 with 1247 viewscocklebreath

He was lightweight and crap and no way should we be buying him

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Minamino on 21:46 - May 16 with 1195 viewskingslandstand1

Minamino on 20:57 - May 16 by saint22

He is a highlight player not a 90 minute one
Flits in and out but too Lightweight and gives the ball away too often
Plus with Walcott Djenepo Redmond etc I can’t see us needing another of his type
Would much rather we spent money in securing full backs

All of whom get stick on here
Minamino on 22:08 - May 16 with 1173 viewsRon11

Minamino on 21:46 - May 16 by kingslandstand1

All of whom get stick on here

Danny Ings doesn't get much stick on here.
I wonder why that is?
Minamino on 22:20 - May 16 with 1166 viewsSadoldgit

Minamino on 22:08 - May 16 by Ron11

I wonder why that is?

You must have forgotten all the posts saying that his head had been turned and that he wasn’t trying any more Ron!
Minamino on 22:21 - May 16 with 1160 viewsBicester_North

Minamino on 22:20 - May 16 by Sadoldgit

You must have forgotten all the posts saying that his head had been turned and that he wasn’t trying any more Ron!

Who are you calling a moron?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Minamino on 22:37 - May 16 with 1152 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's a moot point as Klopp wants him in the Liverpool squad. Or that's typical manager bullshit to ensure he's not offloaded cheaply, but either way, he won't be at Saints next season.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Minamino on 23:12 - May 16 with 1131 viewsSadoldgit

Minamino on 22:21 - May 16 by Bicester_North

😂 very good!
Minamino on 09:25 - May 17 with 983 viewsDorsetIan

Last couple of game he's been much better. He was hardly noticeable in the games before that (aside from his goals) and I couldn't really understand how he had get to where he had in his career.

Got to assume that he's got some quality and hopefully we will see a bit more of it in the final couple of games.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Minamino on 09:36 - May 17 with 970 viewsRon11

Minamino on 22:20 - May 16 by Sadoldgit

Maybe, but he doesn't get 'hate' as you put it..
Minamino on 09:37 - May 17 with 968 viewsRon11

Minamino on 22:21 - May 16 by Bicester_North

Minamino on 11:35 - May 17 with 903 viewsSaintNick

Minamino on 22:08 - May 16 by Ron11

I wonder why that is?

Ings doent get much stick because of Perception and Che Adams does get stick for the same reason

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Minamino on 11:47 - May 17 with 891 viewsButty101

Minamino on 11:35 - May 17 by SaintNick

Ings doent get much stick because of Perception and Che Adams does get stick for the same reason

no one doubts Adams work rate, but for a forward he is not sharp enough. He could easily have been the top scorer this season had he taken several easy chances. Even Ralph lost faith with him by dropping him.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Minamino on 12:07 - May 17 with 877 viewsSadoldgit

Minamino on 09:36 - May 17 by Ron11

Maybe, but he doesn't get 'hate' as you put it..

I said grief Ron not hate.

As for Adams, every Premier striker misses chances.Hopefully he will learn from Ings and take more of the chances as he gets more experienced.
Minamino on 12:15 - May 17 with 867 viewsDorsetIan

Of players who have moved up recently from the Championship, I think it's only Bamford and Watkins who have scored more this season. But then their teams have scored more too.

If you look at it in terms of percentages of goals scored by the team, it's:

Bamford 15/57 - 26%
Watkins 13/51 - 25%
Adams 9/47 - 19%

I think he's doing OK and still only 24.

Certainly there are other players whose ability and contribution are more questionable.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Minamino on 12:51 - May 17 with 845 viewssaint22

Minamino on 12:15 - May 17 by DorsetIan

Of players who have moved up recently from the Championship, I think it's only Bamford and Watkins who have scored more this season. But then their teams have scored more too.

If you look at it in terms of percentages of goals scored by the team, it's:

Bamford 15/57 - 26%
Watkins 13/51 - 25%
Adams 9/47 - 19%

I think he's doing OK and still only 24.

Certainly there are other players whose ability and contribution are more questionable.

I would say Adams is improving and beginning to show he could be a good player for us
He is clearly better this season than last, his work rate is great plus this season as we all know has hardly been normal so I say lets judge him this time next year, especially depending on Ings staying or not...........
Minamino on 14:38 - May 17 with 788 viewsIngskneeslide

Minamino on 12:51 - May 17 by saint22

I would say Adams is improving and beginning to show he could be a good player for us
He is clearly better this season than last, his work rate is great plus this season as we all know has hardly been normal so I say lets judge him this time next year, especially depending on Ings staying or not...........

You will do no such thing, you will have judged him after the first game of pre-season.
Minamino on 17:53 - May 17 with 705 viewsBerber

Minamino on 11:35 - May 17 by SaintNick

What do you mean by perception? I know the definition of the word, just wonder what context you are using it in, what perceptions exactly?
Minamino on 18:12 - May 17 with 694 views1885_SFC

Minamino on 11:47 - May 17 by Butty101

no one doubts Adams work rate, but for a forward he is not sharp enough. He could easily have been the top scorer this season had he taken several easy chances. Even Ralph lost faith with him by dropping him.

This.

Adams's work rate is top notch. But he's a striker after all is said and done. He needs to be scoring one in every three games (minimum) for Saints in the Premier League or we'll struggle big time...especially if Ings is out injured or moves away altogether.

Old School is Cool

Minamino on 18:20 - May 17 with 685 viewsBicester_North

Minamino on 18:12 - May 17 by 1885_SFC

This.

Adams's work rate is top notch. But he's a striker after all is said and done. He needs to be scoring one in every three games (minimum) for Saints in the Premier League or we'll struggle big time...especially if Ings is out injured or moves away altogether.

He’s decent on the assists as well though

A goal or assist roughly every 180 minutes this season...

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Minamino on 18:23 - May 17 with 682 viewsSadoldgit

Minamino on 12:51 - May 17 by saint22

Ings and Adams play well together. Hopefully we can keep them both fit next season. They are a handful for any defence.
Minamino on 18:58 - May 17 with 662 viewsBerber

For me Minamino is too patchy in his performance. The occasional good bits are too far apart. He always looks a yard too slow in his thinking as well as his actions. Mostly chasing the game, and when he does get the ball in a good position/move near the opposition penalty area, delays too long before making a move, losing options, and invariably giving the ball away. Maybe he needs longer to settle in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024