Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP Linked to Aston Villa 14:02 - Jun 6 with 10219 viewsgreen

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/06/aston-villa-set-to-make-move-fo
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:09 - Jun 6 with 4640 viewsdwayne_dibley

why?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:11 - Jun 6 with 4633 viewsSadoldgit

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:09 - Jun 6 by dwayne_dibley

why?

Because I Would has put in a good word for him at Villa Park?
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:12 - Jun 6 with 4631 viewsSaintsforeverj

Anyone else with the gut feeling, that we might end up selling our prized assets? Lots of reports of Ings leaving, Ves leaving, Ward-Prowse leaving. Any player we are reportedly interested in, also linked with other clubs who pay more. Doesn't sound good for next season, with clubs like Villa and Leeds spending millions. Could be media stirring it up, as they do but feeling very uneasy about this coming season knowing we are skint after the Covid.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:58 - Jun 6 with 4572 viewsTripleNiemi

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:12 - Jun 6 by Saintsforeverj

Anyone else with the gut feeling, that we might end up selling our prized assets? Lots of reports of Ings leaving, Ves leaving, Ward-Prowse leaving. Any player we are reportedly interested in, also linked with other clubs who pay more. Doesn't sound good for next season, with clubs like Villa and Leeds spending millions. Could be media stirring it up, as they do but feeling very uneasy about this coming season knowing we are skint after the Covid.

Embrace the new season pal and don't stress, just hold on for the ride. It could be one of epic proportions.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 15:27 - Jun 6 with 4527 viewsdwayne_dibley

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:58 - Jun 6 by TripleNiemi

Embrace the new season pal and don't stress, just hold on for the ride. It could be one of epic proportions.

Scott probably said the same thing

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:07 - Jun 6 with 4454 viewsRon11

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 14:12 - Jun 6 by Saintsforeverj

But surely we can't blame Gao for this if it happens?
I mean, he's done nothing wrong has he?
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:11 - Jun 6 with 4440 viewsSaintsforeverj

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:07 - Jun 6 by Ron11

But surely we can't blame Gao for this if it happens?
I mean, he's done nothing wrong has he?

Gao will end up overseeing our inevitable relegation, unless he gets a new buyer. He is dreadful.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:27 - Jun 6 with 4406 viewsdirk_doone

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:11 - Jun 6 by Saintsforeverj

Gao will end up overseeing our inevitable relegation, unless he gets a new buyer. He is dreadful.

Gao and his advisors may feel that without some big spending on strengthening the squad this summer, which obviously isn't going to happen, relegation looks likely anyway so he might as well sell our best players while we are still in the Premier League and their transfer value is still high, in order to pay off the debts. More ambitious clubs like Leicester and Villa are going to take their pick. It's not all Gao's fault. Even before Gao, when Kat was in charge, we were known as a selling club who would accept almost any bids for our players. Kat is still the one who has all the money.

I guess Villa will be watching the England match with interest to see how well Ward-Prowse and Grealish link up.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 16:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:37 - Jun 6 with 4371 viewsSaintsforeverj

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:27 - Jun 6 by dirk_doone

Gao and his advisors may feel that without some big spending on strengthening the squad this summer, which obviously isn't going to happen, relegation looks likely anyway so he might as well sell our best players while we are still in the Premier League and their transfer value is still high, in order to pay off the debts. More ambitious clubs like Leicester and Villa are going to take their pick. It's not all Gao's fault. Even before Gao, when Kat was in charge, we were known as a selling club who would accept almost any bids for our players. Kat is still the one who has all the money.

I guess Villa will be watching the England match with interest to see how well Ward-Prowse and Grealish link up.

You could be right Dirk. It's an uneasy time that's for sure. But if relegation meant a new start with a new owner, who is good for the club (as the club will be cheaper), I would probably take that. But I can sense a whole load of trouble ahead before then.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:45 - Jun 6 with 4351 viewssaint22

After they signed Buendia too? Cant see it myself unless Grealish is off?
I would think JWP would aim higher than Villa if he were to leave no?
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:47 - Jun 6 with 4347 viewskernow

Past caring to be honest. Relegations are the inevitable consequences of no investment on the pitch.
One consolation is that eventually a good owner will come along. Brentford only took 74 years to regain their top flight status.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 17:29 - Jun 6 with 4287 viewsKennington

Of course it’s Gao’s fault. Everything stops with him. If we are relegated it’s on his watch as owner. He’s had a few years of huge tv money plus he’s apparently a billionaire. I don’t buy this Chinese investment change thing. The Chinese are the absolute experts in shipping cash into everything imaginable in the west. If Gao wanted to he could bankroll us. But he simply doesn’t.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:04 - Jun 6 with 4228 viewsSaintsforeverj

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 17:29 - Jun 6 by Kennington

Of course it’s Gao’s fault. Everything stops with him. If we are relegated it’s on his watch as owner. He’s had a few years of huge tv money plus he’s apparently a billionaire. I don’t buy this Chinese investment change thing. The Chinese are the absolute experts in shipping cash into everything imaginable in the west. If Gao wanted to he could bankroll us. But he simply doesn’t.

Yeah he is extremely selfish.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:10 - Jun 6 with 4222 viewskingslandstand1

And the answer to that last bit is very good! JWP playing really well and getting the plaudits

Although still to renew my ST, somehow I don't think I'll be getting my money's worth
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:13 - Jun 6 with 4221 viewskingslandstand1

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:37 - Jun 6 by Saintsforeverj

You could be right Dirk. It's an uneasy time that's for sure. But if relegation meant a new start with a new owner, who is good for the club (as the club will be cheaper), I would probably take that. But I can sense a whole load of trouble ahead before then.

Well Marcus got us for a song and that gave us hope with his apparent keenness, but unfortunately we will never know what may have happened
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:17 - Jun 6 with 4205 viewskingslandstand1

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 16:45 - Jun 6 by saint22

After they signed Buendia too? Cant see it myself unless Grealish is off?
I would think JWP would aim higher than Villa if he were to leave no?

If he sees them showing some ambition which he clearly won't down here he may be tempted
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:29 - Jun 6 with 4174 viewsSaintsforeverj

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:13 - Jun 6 by kingslandstand1

Well Marcus got us for a song and that gave us hope with his apparent keenness, but unfortunately we will never know what may have happened

We will never know, but had Marcus still been around today, he may have worked with Cortese and got some enjoyment from on the field success, and therefore invested. But the problem now is, whoever is buying us, has to spend a lot more than if we were lower down and they have to take onn the debts too. So inevitably, we will probably have to go down to get rid of Gao.

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:31 - Jun 6 with 4168 viewsSadoldgit

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 17:29 - Jun 6 by Kennington

I think you underestimate the amount of control that the Chinese government has over its citizens and the way they like to play economic games with the West.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:41 - Jun 6 with 4061 viewsDorsetIan

If relegation is inevitable, then the chance of Gao recovering his purchase price disappears. He could sell players in order to take the money out for himself but that’s only going to diminish the value of his shares still further.

Only good outcome for him and for fans, is to find a buyer willing to give him most of his money back.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:42 - Jun 6 with 4060 viewsKennington

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 18:31 - Jun 6 by Sadoldgit

I think you underestimate the amount of control that the Chinese government has over its citizens and the way they like to play economic games with the West.

They’re all on the take. Just look at the salary scales for Chinese politicians. Regional mayors earn about $400 a month yet are actually worth millions and in some cases billions. They send their children to Eaton, drive top of the range cars and have business interests around the world.

What seems to have happened with Gao is that he fancied getting in with the local leadership and bought us to raise China’s profile as was the policy. As we know that policy has moved on, but I don’t believe that Gao if he really wanted couldn’t find a way for us to be in less of a mess.

The only way to rid ourselves of Gao is some kind of protest against him that would get back to Beijing. It’s not as ridiculous as it sounds as there are loads of examples of athletes getting in trouble for saying the wrong thing, as the Chinese government are a sensitive bunch. Maybe JWP might drop something in about Taiwan or Hong Kong in his next post match interview.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 19:56 - Jun 6 with 4039 viewsclunk76

Getting money out of China is t as difficult as you think. A man of Gao’s business nounce can and has (where did the Lander “sponsor” money go?)....
The real worry which no one seems to have clocked into yet is when he’s flogged the family jewels and we get relegated- what happens if he does a runner with the Parachute payment? Then we would truly be in the do do...
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 20:05 - Jun 6 with 4019 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently the club have said that JWP is not for sale.
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 20:16 - Jun 6 with 4006 viewsinthebox

The AV manager Smith has told a journalist the type of players he wants, the journalist has come up with JWP.. So JWP to AV headline
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 21:39 - Jun 6 with 3892 viewskingslandstand1

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 20:16 - Jun 6 by inthebox

The AV manager Smith has told a journalist the type of players he wants, the journalist has come up with JWP.. So JWP to AV headline

It gets the headline he wants I spose!
JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 21:40 - Jun 6 with 3889 viewskingslandstand1

JWP Linked to Aston Villa on 20:05 - Jun 6 by Sadoldgit

Apparently the club have said that JWP is not for sale.

As if that makes any difference
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024