Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England V Croatia 09:23 - Jun 13 with 2464 viewsSaintNick

Who is watching it and where

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

England V Croatia on 16:45 - Jun 13 with 1259 viewsgrumpy

If it wasn't for some very poor finishing by Croatia we would have drawn or even lost that game, not impressed,and at times reminded me of watching Saints in the second half.
England V Croatia on 17:02 - Jun 13 with 1218 viewssaintwizzler

What a bunch of miserable kuntz.
Well played England, well played.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

England V Croatia on 17:35 - Jun 13 with 1169 viewsBerber

England V Croatia on 16:45 - Jun 13 by grumpy

If it wasn't for some very poor finishing by Croatia we would have drawn or even lost that game, not impressed,and at times reminded me of watching Saints in the second half.

If Foden had tucked that one away, the win would have been a lot more emphatic. Most of their chances were long range (and wild, I'll give you that). It was a close game, that England edged, deservedly so.
England V Croatia on 17:38 - Jun 13 with 1168 viewsBerber

England V Croatia on 15:58 - Jun 13 by Saintsforeverj

As much as I don't like it that Ward-Prowse wasn't picked (and many on here slating Southgate), England do look like an effective, well drilled unit that gets the job done. England probably have a better chance now then we have in the past. We will probably do the usual though, get the nation excited and go out to France, Italy, Germany or Belgium in the quarters or semis.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 15:59]

And the first time this 11 have played together too. That didn't show.
England V Croatia on 20:10 - Jun 13 with 1092 viewsBicester_North

England V Croatia on 14:29 - Jun 13 by Chesham_Saint

What, if anything, should we infer from that?

It only seems to be the UK and Ireland nations and Belgium so far doing it, although France will
probably do it as well

Maybe just that the countries that do it are the more obsessed with copying anything that goes on in the USA?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

England V Croatia on 21:09 - Jun 13 with 1048 viewsSadoldgit

England V Croatia on 16:31 - Jun 13 by Bazza

Pundits over praising England. Good result but team stats identical to Croatia. Fans votes on BBC not so flattering, poor free kicks and where was Kane?

Kane didn’t have a good game but we know what he can do and he will always be a threat. I thought that Croatia were never really a threat and we did what we needed to do to win the match. Apart from the first 20 minutes (which I missed) we really didn’t get out of 2nd gear but you can tell there is more in the tank. Whether that will be enough to beat the better teams, we shall see.
England V Croatia on 22:47 - Jun 13 with 1001 viewsChesham_Saint

England V Croatia on 20:10 - Jun 13 by Bicester_North

It only seems to be the UK and Ireland nations and Belgium so far doing it, although France will
probably do it as well

Maybe just that the countries that do it are the more obsessed with copying anything that goes on in the USA?

Isn’t it somewhat ironic that a team consisting of all white players (Croatia) doesn’t take the knee when their society is perhaps likely not to be as advanced in race relations as say France or the U.K. are?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

England V Croatia on 22:57 - Jun 13 with 995 viewsBicester_North

England V Croatia on 22:47 - Jun 13 by Chesham_Saint

Isn’t it somewhat ironic that a team consisting of all white players (Croatia) doesn’t take the knee when their society is perhaps likely not to be as advanced in race relations as say France or the U.K. are?

I don’t know. Netherlands didn’t bother with the desperate USA simulating and they have several black players.

I think it’s countries who look open mouthed and gurning towards the USA as some sort of leaders who carry on with all this sort of stuff. Following American fückwitts on social media et

Whereas really, America is the last “civilised” country on Earth you’d want to try and emulate.

Login to get fewer ads

England V Croatia on 08:45 - Jun 14 with 899 viewsSalisburySaint

Watched it from Block 551 in Stadium, everything organised well
Checks on Vaccines etc. nice and smooth, but didn't bother checking ID at all.

Alcohol (all be it at £6.50 a pint) available in the ground, which was really needed in the heat, first time i can recall this has been the case at any World Cup / Euros Finals that i've attended dating back to 1982 in Spain, it certainly wasn't the case in France 5 years ago unless you wanted 0% beer.

Managed to catch up with two fellow posters on here Wizz and Pat at Globe after the game.

Strange atmosphere with less than 20k at game, but great experience all the same, but England will need to play far better if they are to progress through knock out stages, and might be useful in that respect if Southgate would play either Chilwell or Shaw at left back !
England V Croatia on 18:57 - Jun 14 with 822 viewshedgeend61

England V Croatia on 08:45 - Jun 14 by SalisburySaint

Alcohol (all be it at £6.50 a pint) available in the ground, which was really needed in the heat, first time i can recall this has been the case at any World Cup / Euros Finals that i've attended dating back to 1982 in Spain, it certainly wasn't the case in France 5 years ago unless you wanted 0% beer.

Managed to catch up with two fellow posters on here Wizz and Pat at Globe after the game.

Strange atmosphere with less than 20k at game, but great experience all the same, but England will need to play far better if they are to progress through knock out stages, and might be useful in that respect if Southgate would play either Chilwell or Shaw at left back !

Me and my mate had tickets (not together) in Block 513 high up behind the big screen, which we didn't fancy too much, so just ambled through rows round to Block 501 and sat front row above England dugout. Probably the best view Top Tier nearly on halfway line.

If you don't mind me asking SS, how much did you pay for your ticket?, I paid lowest about 50 sovs, but fans paying 100 &150 for Cat A&B were sat in the same part of the Gods, hows that work ffs?

For the Scotland and Czech Republic I took what they gave me Cat 2 tickets (around 100 sovs) in Block 505 above corner flag, but it won't matter as I'll just move round to better empty seats above halfway line, as no one checks.

For the above 2 games I have entry to stadium between 5 and 530, 2.5-3 hours before ko, that won't be happening, i'll rock up about 730, pick a decent empty seat
England V Croatia on 21:02 - Jun 14 with 782 viewssaintwizzler

Good to see you sir.
I was impressed with Phillips.
Looks a great player.

England V Croatia on 21:21 - Jun 14 with 769 viewsSaintsforeverj

England V Croatia on 18:57 - Jun 14 by hedgeend61

Me and my mate had tickets (not together) in Block 513 high up behind the big screen, which we didn't fancy too much, so just ambled through rows round to Block 501 and sat front row above England dugout. Probably the best view Top Tier nearly on halfway line.

If you don't mind me asking SS, how much did you pay for your ticket?, I paid lowest about 50 sovs, but fans paying 100 &150 for Cat A&B were sat in the same part of the Gods, hows that work ffs?

For the Scotland and Czech Republic I took what they gave me Cat 2 tickets (around 100 sovs) in Block 505 above corner flag, but it won't matter as I'll just move round to better empty seats above halfway line, as no one checks.

For the above 2 games I have entry to stadium between 5 and 530, 2.5-3 hours before ko, that won't be happening, i'll rock up about 730, pick a decent empty seat

What's it like in comparison to watching Saints? Never actually watched England live. I want England to win, but can't get as passionate or as worked up like I do for Saints. Do you travel to Wembley with nerves like if Saints were playing in a big London game or cup semi? Might be a bit different in the euro final but just don't care for the England football team like I do Saints.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

England V Croatia on 21:56 - Jun 14 with 753 viewshedgeend61

England V Croatia on 21:21 - Jun 14 by Saintsforeverj

What's it like in comparison to watching Saints? Never actually watched England live. I want England to win, but can't get as passionate or as worked up like I do for Saints. Do you travel to Wembley with nerves like if Saints were playing in a big London game or cup semi? Might be a bit different in the euro final but just don't care for the England football team like I do Saints.

A lot like watching Saints really, travel in hope rather than expectation.

Roll over the little teams like Bulgaria and Little Pompey easy, struggle against the better teams, occasionally beating them.

Saw them in Moscow within 20 minutes of WC Final in Moscow, may not get a better chance in my lifetime, It's the hope that kills you.
But it's a laugh, a day out, gets you to countries you'd never think of ever visiting and gets you away from the Mrs, so not all bad
England V Croatia on 07:38 - Jun 15 with 710 viewsSalisburySaint

England V Croatia on 21:21 - Jun 14 by Saintsforeverj

I watch England live occasionally now, but in the past have seem them play at least one game at World Cups in 1982 & 1990 (3games) , and Euros in 1992 (3 games) and Euro 2016 & now (2021).

My first England game was as an 8year old watching the then World Cup winners v Russia, and I used to watch most games at Wembley back in 80's, but only occasionally now at new Wembley, but got tickets for both games held at St Mary's.

Had a spell in early 90's when I went most away games , saw them in Sweden, Poland (twice), Norway, Netherlands and Scotland, several of which were fairly hairy, but great experiences.

I do get nervous before big games, but not as bad as watching Saints, and most England fans are ok, but there are also more dickheads than you get watching Saints.
England V Croatia on 08:38 - Jun 15 with 675 viewssaintwizzler

England V Croatia on 07:38 - Jun 15 by SalisburySaint

I watch England live occasionally now, but in the past have seem them play at least one game at World Cups in 1982 & 1990 (3games) , and Euros in 1992 (3 games) and Euro 2016 & now (2021).

My first England game was as an 8year old watching the then World Cup winners v Russia, and I used to watch most games at Wembley back in 80's, but only occasionally now at new Wembley, but got tickets for both games held at St Mary's.

Had a spell in early 90's when I went most away games , saw them in Sweden, Poland (twice), Norway, Netherlands and Scotland, several of which were fairly hairy, but great experiences.

I do get nervous before big games, but not as bad as watching Saints, and most England fans are ok, but there are also more dickheads than you get watching Saints.

I noticed a few dickheads floating about.
Tight chino shorts, no socks and brown shoes.

All with cockney accents.

England V Croatia on 09:28 - Jun 15 with 650 viewsChesham_Saint

England V Croatia on 08:38 - Jun 15 by saintwizzler

I noticed a few dickheads floating about.
Tight chino shorts, no socks and brown shoes.

All with cockney accents.

From Portsea then?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

England V Croatia on 09:56 - Jun 15 with 637 viewsBuenosSaint

I foresee a scenario where England and Czech win their next games and battle it out to intentionally lose the final game against each other to avoid France, Germany, Portugal. And instead meet Sweden , poland Or Slovakia in last 16.

Could be amusing if that develops....

But they would lose Wembley advantage I guess so England will probably go for topping group.

Poll: The Long Future

England V Croatia on 09:56 - Jun 15 with 635 viewsPatfromPoole

Great to meet up after the game, sir.

Sorry if I was even less sensible than usual. Was fairly well-refreshed……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

England V Croatia on 11:01 - Jun 15 with 618 viewsSalisburySaint

England V Croatia on 09:56 - Jun 15 by PatfromPoole

Great to meet up after the game, sir.

Sorry if I was even less sensible than usual. Was fairly well-refreshed……

"Was fairly well-refreshed……"

i thought you we just overwhelmed as being mistaken for Sven Goran Erikson by many people in the pub
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 11:02]
England V Croatia on 11:04 - Jun 15 with 612 viewsSalisburySaint

England V Croatia on 09:28 - Jun 15 by Chesham_Saint

From Portsea then?

I fortunately didn't encounter any of our 6 fingered friends on Sunday
England V Croatia on 14:38 - Jun 15 with 574 viewsPatfromPoole

England V Croatia on 11:01 - Jun 15 by SalisburySaint

"Was fairly well-refreshed……"

i thought you we just overwhelmed as being mistaken for Sven Goran Erikson by many people in the pub
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 11:02]

A fair bit at the ground as well 🙄……

England V Croatia on 20:22 - Jun 15 with 513 viewsBicester_North

What was the Globe like, normally a free for all, can’t imagine it with everybody sitting at tables and distanced

England V Croatia on 22:06 - Jun 15 with 481 viewsWints76

Have seen England loads, and travelled away to watch them, but never had the same feeling as watching Saints, plus some of the idiots that follow England put me off, but hearing from Wiz and Pat, and now reading Salisbury Saint and Hedge End, I really wish I had made an effort for this
England V Croatia on 22:14 - Jun 15 with 475 viewsPatfromPoole

England V Croatia on 20:22 - Jun 15 by Bicester_North

What was the Globe like, normally a free for all, can’t imagine it with everybody sitting at tables and distanced

Different.

Ordering on the app etc, but the bar service wasn’t too bad.

Probably a lot better than trying to get a beer at the busier pubs near the ground.

England V Croatia on 22:21 - Jun 15 with 463 viewsPatfromPoole

England V Croatia on 22:06 - Jun 15 by Wints76

Have seen England loads, and travelled away to watch them, but never had the same feeling as watching Saints, plus some of the idiots that follow England put me off, but hearing from Wiz and Pat, and now reading Salisbury Saint and Hedge End, I really wish I had made an effort for this

It doesn’t help that getting tickets is a lot more difficult for the big games than it used to be.

After Euro 96, there was a spell of 10 years when we took at least 20,000 fans to virtually every tournament game. It was pretty easy to get tickets in those days. Problem was that a few idiots would be in that number, so they tightened things.

Unless you have got a lot of caps from going to a lot of games over the years, it’s a bit of a challenge / lottery now to get tickets. Particularly in these COVID times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024