Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Media Hype 09:46 - Jul 9 with 2056 viewsHeisenberg

Ok it’s great England have got to a final but Jesus wept. 24 hour news coverage and people saying it’s life changing or the best thing ever to happen to this country. Get a grip ffs.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Media Hype on 09:54 - Jul 9 with 1115 viewsChesham_Saint

It’s always a bit like this but I think just more extreme this time following Lockdown.

What boils my piss more is the endless amount of “celebs” and MPs getting tickets for matches seemingly at the expense of regular fans.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Media Hype on 10:10 - Jul 9 with 1099 viewsKennington

Media Hype on 09:54 - Jul 9 by Chesham_Saint

It’s always a bit like this but I think just more extreme this time following Lockdown.

What boils my piss more is the endless amount of “celebs” and MPs getting tickets for matches seemingly at the expense of regular fans.

Yeah, the running club I’m a member of is full of young tech company workers and so many of them had tickets through their work for the England games. These are people who to my knowledge have never been into footy and for some it’s their first games. What a waste of tickets while real fans who have put the hard yards in supporting England as I assume can’t get tickets.

As to the media hype, celebrations etc, I’m actually in favour of it, as we all need some escapism, least of all at the moment.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Media Hype on 10:16 - Jul 9 with 1093 viewsSadoldgit

I agree that it gone a bit silly. A bank holiday if we win? Seriously? My wife has just sent me a text saying she can go to work an hour later on Monday if we win. She doesn’t watch football! This is what happens if he you don’t get to a final for 55 years I guess.
Media Hype on 10:31 - Jul 9 with 1079 viewsSonicBoom

Just enjoy it, we've haven't got this far in a generation. Why can't people just relax and enjoy it.
It's beautifully balanced too as we could well beat Italy - but we could equally lose.
I've done the honourable thing and booked Monday off !
Media Hype on 10:35 - Jul 9 with 1075 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 10:31 - Jul 9 by SonicBoom

Just enjoy it, we've haven't got this far in a generation. Why can't people just relax and enjoy it.
It's beautifully balanced too as we could well beat Italy - but we could equally lose.

I dont think the word’s relax and watching England play ever go together Sonic!
Media Hype on 10:36 - Jul 9 with 1072 viewsSonicBoom

That's all part of the fun....
Media Hype on 10:45 - Jul 9 with 1053 viewssaint22

Media Hype on 09:54 - Jul 9 by Chesham_Saint

Yeah you mean like Boris and his wench
Never been to a game in their life and there they are waving their nationalistic xenophobic pride
Glad he can make time
WAC
Media Hype on 10:55 - Jul 9 with 1034 viewsChesham_Saint

Media Hype on 10:45 - Jul 9 by saint22

Never been to a game in their life and there they are waving their nationalistic xenophobic pride
Glad he can make time
WAC

That’s just ridiculous petty point scoring 22. Are you really that blinkered? All heads of state and political leaders of most countries go. I’d be happy to see Sir Keir or Boris there. Let’s face it they’d be criticised for not showing interest if they didn’t.

It’s the MPs with nothing to do with sport that rile me. Even Wee Nippy has a right to be in attendance when the Jocks lose, FFS.

Login to get fewer ads

Media Hype on 11:07 - Jul 9 with 1024 viewsBicester_North

Glad he can make time
WAC

Ah here’s the alter ego joining in!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Media Hype on 11:13 - Jul 9 with 1010 viewsdwayne_dibley

Glad he can make time
WAC

Boris went to check out what to sh@g next

Bet Gareth was worried

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Media Hype on 11:20 - Jul 9 with 1002 viewsSadoldgit

I can’t watch the news now without regular updates from Crawley. Something has gone sadly amiss when Creepy Crawley becomes the centre of our universe.
Media Hype on 11:42 - Jul 9 with 984 viewssaint22

Media Hype on 10:55 - Jul 9 by Chesham_Saint

That’s just ridiculous petty point scoring 22. Are you really that blinkered? All heads of state and political leaders of most countries go. I’d be happy to see Sir Keir or Boris there. Let’s face it they’d be criticised for not showing interest if they didn’t.

It’s the MPs with nothing to do with sport that rile me. Even Wee Nippy has a right to be in attendance when the Jocks lose, FFS.

Nope if he was bothered he would be at all the games a la Prince William etc

He just realised its a vote winner so there he goes, he hasn't shown an interest before
Do you think he played for the Bullingdon Boys first XI??
Media Hype on 11:51 - Jul 9 with 978 viewsBison

Media Hype on 11:42 - Jul 9 by saint22

He just realised its a vote winner so there he goes, he hasn't shown an interest before

perhaps he couldn't get the time off work.

Its hilarious that on a football forum when England are doing so well the same old faces are still making political points. Almost to a person its split down the old battle lines , the 'racist' thick idiots support England the other side more worried about german toddlers , booing an anthem and now the PM not having a season ticket at Wembley.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Media Hype on 12:04 - Jul 9 with 959 viewscocklebreath

Media Hype on 10:31 - Jul 9 by SonicBoom

Exactly, once in a lifetime so I’m gonna enjoy all the build up and like you might treat myself to a day off Monday

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Media Hype on 12:11 - Jul 9 with 952 viewsBicester_North

Media Hype on 11:51 - Jul 9 by Bison

Its hilarious that on a football forum when England are doing so well the same old faces are still making political points. Almost to a person its split down the old battle lines , the 'racist' thick idiots support England the other side more worried about german toddlers , booing an anthem and now the PM not having a season ticket at Wembley.

People who can’t enjoy this but have to find something to bitch and moan about are a pitiful bunch indeed.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Media Hype on 12:11 - Jul 9 with 950 viewskingslandstand1

Media Hype on 11:42 - Jul 9 by saint22

Prince William also happens to be Chairman of the FA so one would generally expect him to be there. Your mate Boris is showing support maybe out of patriotism rather than a love of the game, but so what?

Why bring your politics in to this? 27 million watched the Denmark game. Are you telling me that they are all that keen and passionate about the game of football
Media Hype on 12:24 - Jul 9 with 929 viewsDorsetIan

There's been a lot of stuff bandied about in recent years about patriotism. A lot of it really silly - particularly from the flag-shaggers.

What this tournament has done is reminded everyone what patriotism is all about, which is being proud of English colleagues who are doing such a good job. And, for me, this real patriotism makes all the other stuff seem all the more sick.

Whatever side anyway is on, perhaps we can admit that things had got to a pretty sorry state when fans were booing their own team (for whatever reason) before a game had even kicked off, and when politicians were endorsing them doing so.

I don't see anyone booing them now, and I see that moron-in-chief Priti Patel is now pretending to be a fan.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Media Hype on 12:33 - Jul 9 with 916 viewsBison

Media Hype on 12:24 - Jul 9 by DorsetIan

There's been a lot of stuff bandied about in recent years about patriotism. A lot of it really silly - particularly from the flag-shaggers.

What this tournament has done is reminded everyone what patriotism is all about, which is being proud of English colleagues who are doing such a good job. And, for me, this real patriotism makes all the other stuff seem all the more sick.

Whatever side anyway is on, perhaps we can admit that things had got to a pretty sorry state when fans were booing their own team (for whatever reason) before a game had even kicked off, and when politicians were endorsing them doing so.

I don't see anyone booing them now, and I see that moron-in-chief Priti Patel is now pretending to be a fan.

Its coming home its coming home

C'mon England !!!!

oh by the way lets not forget about Priti Patel

i rest my case.....

Media Hype on 12:55 - Jul 9 with 891 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 12:33 - Jul 9 by Bison

Its coming home its coming home

C'mon England !!!!

oh by the way lets not forget about Priti Patel

i rest my case.....

Is she coming home too? Not round to my place I hope!
Media Hype on 12:56 - Jul 9 with 889 viewssaint22

I am sorry is this the Tory Forum, certainly seems like it over the last year or so

Stereotypes exist for a reason pal
Media Hype on 13:10 - Jul 9 with 863 viewsbarry_sanchez

The thing thats stood out for me is the amount of foreign born or non white people supporting England which is amazing and seems to show we're not as bad a place as the nation hating hummus eating liberal wa*k pieces who just love everything other (including nationalism/patriotism as long as its by another nation) than their own supposed Country, I couldn't abide to live in a place I hated or was resentful to, what a dreadful existence.

Come on England.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Media Hype on 13:12 - Jul 9 with 854 viewsBison

Media Hype on 12:56 - Jul 9 by saint22

I am sorry is this the Tory Forum, certainly seems like it over the last year or so

no its a football Forum ,

Chillax Bro , you know its coming home ? Dont worry , Boris and the Tories will still be there Monday morning so try and enjoy the weekend before you let battle commence again. Bit like WW1 where football won the day in December 1914.

Media Hype on 13:13 - Jul 9 with 851 viewsChesham_Saint

Why not enjoy things just for once without shoe-horning your obsession with the hateful fascist Tories into every aspect of a post?

Bullingdon Club? So what? The modern game was kick started by public schools which must really kill you…

Media Hype on 13:14 - Jul 9 with 849 viewsbattler

You really are such an odious bellend...
Media Hype on 13:16 - Jul 9 with 843 viewsChesham_Saint

I see your Priti Patel and raise you a Claudia Webbe….

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024