Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread 13:04 - Jul 10 with 39199 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think I’ve been quite lucky so far no?

Well managed England play will defeat the Italians by the odd goal.

Here’s me putting the gauntlet down:

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 19:04 - Jul 12 with 1848 viewsbosh67

Apparently Southgate is taking a few weeks out to consider his future but I really do hope we can tie him down to a proper long term contract again. We got things wrong last night but this squad and management are constantly improving overall. If I was in charge I would give him at least the World Cup and the Euros after that, if not longer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 19:28 - Jul 12 with 1772 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 16:39 - Jul 12 by PBLOCK

I’ve loved every moment of the tournament bar the end result

My little girl is 7 and has shown a bit of an interest but my little boy is 6 and has got totally hooked. He’s been walking round the house singing 3 Lions and Vindaloo and has been wearing his England kit at every opportunity. We went out to watch it a friends house with a big screen in the Garden and him and his little pals were all kitted up and loving it. He absolutely sobbed when Saka missed but he’s learning life lessons if nothing else and for me as his Dad it’s been a brilliant couple of weeks and something I hope we can do many more times

The gloss has been taken off it,by all the idiots trying to get into Wembley fighting amongst themselves and generally behaving like plebs. Also the vitriol aimed at certain England players is disgusting

My boy is 6 1/2 and really got into it as the tournament progressed. We let him stay up with me for all of the last few evening games even if it meant bedtime at 11pm. Very upset but he understood that it went to penalties because both teams couldn’t beat each other in normal play.

It was great to share those occasions with him (even if he wouldn’t stop talking!) and last night he said he really wants to go to QPR again. He’s only been to three games (Hull, Swansea, Cardiff over xmas about 18 months ago) which is probably more than 90% of the retards who call themselves fans.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 19:46]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 20:27 - Jul 12 with 1658 viewsNed_Kennedys

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:25 - Jul 12 by Konk

Mate, if tickets had been £5 a pop, chances are those blokes still wouldn’t have got tickets owing to scarcity. Are you seriously suggesting that most/all of those storming the barriers etc wouldn’t still have tried to get in if prices were fairer?! I hate ticket prices as much as anyone, but it’s got fu ck-all to do with yesterday. If the stadium was half-empty and ££££ a ticket then more understandable, but that wasn’t the case.

Anyone who thinks those storming Wembley we’re making some kind of working class protest against high ticket prices and corporate hospitality is clearly an idiot.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 20:54 - Jul 12 with 1628 viewsslmrstid

The Jorginho one was definitely a red in my view, accidental or not he wasn't in control of his tackle and its the control (or lack of) element that should have seen him go.

That being said, it was so late in extra-time it wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome, especially as he missed his penalty anyway.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:12 - Jul 12 with 1575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 19:01 - Jul 12 by Mick_S

Baz, pardon me if I’ve misunderstood your post regarding attendance - I haven’t followed this thread properly. One of my sons was there last night and he said there were very few empty seats. Goodness only knows how many bunked in last night - it’s been going on throughout the whole tournament at Wembley, and of course, the word has gone around. A bad ending to a fantastic time for us England fans.

Yeah mates of mine who went said similar. Said there were loads of agg about seats and tickets.

Official max attendance was 60,000 but yeah, loads of bunking I expect.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:16 - Jul 12 with 1557 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:57 - Jul 12 by Match82

Of all the negatives, picking on ticketing for sponsors is a bit weird

Ticketing for sponsors is a perk of the sponsorship and therefore part of the reason cost of sponsorship is too high. No sponsorship = lower bid price = UEFA need to offset that money somehow...= Higher ticket prices

Yes I agree that wouldn't it be nice if tickets were a tenner a piece and freely available, but that isn't the real world.

I'm no billionaire business brain clearly, but i expect companies pay sponsorship for the global exposure of their product, not for their mates to stand in piss next to a geezer doing coke off a urinal and £8 hotdogs.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:23 - Jul 12 with 1526 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:16 - Jul 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm no billionaire business brain clearly, but i expect companies pay sponsorship for the global exposure of their product, not for their mates to stand in piss next to a geezer doing coke off a urinal and £8 hotdogs.

£6.50 for a can of Heineken. Seems reasonable.

I’ll have a lager and a hot dog please mate.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 21:24]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:41 - Jul 12 with 1477 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:23 - Jul 12 by Mick_S

I suppose when people have paid up to £7,000 for a ticket £6.50 for a can seems like bargain!
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:42 - Jul 12 with 1474 viewsLythamR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:54 - Jul 12 by daveB

you could see it coming a mile off with fans trying to storm in, when you think how many policer you see at Championship games compared to the zero presence around Wembley Way yesterday it was crazy. I watched at lunchtime seeing so many fans there and i could tell this wouldn't end well

That should have been policed from the start needing a ticket to boxpark or the game otherwise you can't come down, leaving it open for any idiot and letting them drink and go mad from early morning was beyond stupid

What should have been a celebration of football and this exciting England team turned into a national embarrassment. No excuses at all for the people involved, i don't care how much they wanted to go to the game to behave like that was a disgrace

How many police do you think there are though Dave

The problem last night was that police were required to be out in numbers throughout london and right across the country trying to contain and manage crowds everywhere

It looked to me that there were plenty of stewards and security on duty around the stadium to deal with the anticipated crowds if they had been boisterous but civilised, instead a good chunk were completely off their gourds and out of control
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:45 - Jul 12 with 1470 viewsMatch82

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:16 - Jul 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not just one or the other though is it regardless of how flippant you make it sound.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:56 - Jul 12 with 1447 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:45 - Jul 12 by Match82

Not just one or the other though is it regardless of how flippant you make it sound.

40,000 registered football clubs in England.

Other than 120 or so they are all amateur and therefore run on good will and grassroots support. I can’t justify a single ticket going to a sponsor that could have gone to one of them.

Sorry, just how I feel. The football world can survive without sponsors but not those guys.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:07 - Jul 12 with 1419 viewsdenhamhoop2

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:53 - Jul 12 by 80s_Boy

Sorry, it wasn't aimed directly at you, just got a bit fed up last week of people saying it was a micky mouse tournament!

It wasn't and we should be proud to have reached the semi that year!

Yours sincerely,

self confessed pedantic nerd.

Had a fine book covering the European Championships from 1960 to 1980 it was a fine Tournament which Germany failed to get out of the Qualifying Group thanks to a goalless draw in Tirana. Still think when there was less teams the overall quality of the Tournament was better particularly the 1976 and 1984 Tournaments seemed to be all high scoring all attack games
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:17 - Jul 12 with 1392 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:23 - Jul 12 by Mick_S

You're nearly up with prices in America's north east.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:19 - Jul 12 with 1386 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:17 - Jul 12 by Boston

You're nearly up with prices in America's north east.

For a can, Bos? It’s just rubbish, isn’t it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:55 - Jul 12 with 1305 viewskensalriser

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:54 - Jul 12 by daveB

you could see it coming a mile off with fans trying to storm in, when you think how many policer you see at Championship games compared to the zero presence around Wembley Way yesterday it was crazy. I watched at lunchtime seeing so many fans there and i could tell this wouldn't end well

That should have been policed from the start needing a ticket to boxpark or the game otherwise you can't come down, leaving it open for any idiot and letting them drink and go mad from early morning was beyond stupid

What should have been a celebration of football and this exciting England team turned into a national embarrassment. No excuses at all for the people involved, i don't care how much they wanted to go to the game to behave like that was a disgrace

FA, stadium management and Met dropped a massive bollock here. England in a final for the first time in 55 years, 18 months of a pandemic which has sent a lot of people stir crazy and rife cocaine usage added to the age old drinking. They've had decades of experience managing and policing football events and to imagine this was going to be like a That That gig at the O2 is just unbelievable.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:19 - Jul 12 with 1254 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:55 - Jul 12 by kensalriser

FA, stadium management and Met dropped a massive bollock here. England in a final for the first time in 55 years, 18 months of a pandemic which has sent a lot of people stir crazy and rife cocaine usage added to the age old drinking. They've had decades of experience managing and policing football events and to imagine this was going to be like a That That gig at the O2 is just unbelievable.

FA, stadium management, Met...and the London Borough of Brent.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:46 - Jul 12 with 1218 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 22:07 - Jul 12 by denhamhoop2

Had a fine book covering the European Championships from 1960 to 1980 it was a fine Tournament which Germany failed to get out of the Qualifying Group thanks to a goalless draw in Tirana. Still think when there was less teams the overall quality of the Tournament was better particularly the 1976 and 1984 Tournaments seemed to be all high scoring all attack games

'84 was a fantastic tournament.

I love watching the French and Danish sides from then and still can't believe that the latter lost to such an ordinary Spanish side.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:32 - Jul 13 with 1171 viewsSydneyRs

Ok, I'm ready to comment now. I've waited since the game and said nothing, trying to let some of the emotion subside. I'm gutted. We had a massive chance to win a tournament for the first time in my life against, despite all the gushing about them, what was a good but very beatable and not great, Italian team. I firmly believe that if France had not blown a 3-1 lead v the Swiss that they would have taken out the Italians before the final.

The game itself. We had the lead and the ascendancy. They changed tactics and took charge, especially after half time. We failed to respond until extra time when it was too late. We needed to do something to give their defence cause for worry. We needed an outlet. Instead, the second half reminded me of the bad old England days. Long balls up to Kane who won nothing in the air. Panicked clearances due to Italian pressing. No possession.

We needed an outlet. Grealish was probably that person as he showed when he did come on. We failed to test their ageing defence until it was too late and they could accumulate yellow cards at will knowing the game was nearly over. Imagine those bookings occurring 50 mins earlier and the concern that might have caused? Sako wouldn't have been pulled back for a start. There's probably a place for a 10 minute sin bin type system for something as blatant as that when it can't be red carded.

Southgate was very conservative, given the talent at his disposal, and it almost worked. One jammy goal and a couple of bad penalties from winning the comp. Rashford's miss was the turning point. Honestly think we win if he scores his pen. I'm not a fan of this poncing about stuttered run up nonsense. He's shown he can crack them in the corner like Kane and McGuire did. Keep it simple. You hit them right and no keeper saves them.

Strange to see two players sent on just to take pens with no time to adjust to the game. Even stranger that Sako was nominated to be the last taker when he's apparently never taken one at senior club level. Given Pickford saved two of theirs, it makes it even harder to take. I don't care how carefreely they crack them in at training, putting a 19 year old in that position is questionable at best.

That said, Southgate is an impressive individual and has clearly created a terrific team spirit and togetherness in the squad. We were defensively rock solid, conceding only two goals, one a free kick and a lucky Italian equaliser than came about via favourable deflections. We now need to harness all the young attacking talent coming through, as our biggest failing was an inability to create enough chances. The tools are there and Southgate and team must learn from this.

I had to laugh when the commentary here talked about Mancini "masterminding" Man City's win over QPR to win the league. He was livid and losing his sh*t more like and they got lucky at the end.

England have the players to be there or thereabouts for many years to come. However its not easy to get to a final and even less so with almost the whole squad fit. Hopefully plenty to look forward to though and often teams need to lose a final before they win one. When the dust has settled, this experience will benefit the players.

The social media stuff. It does not surprise me. I deliberately logged out of facebook and twitter the night before the game and have yet to log back in. Twitter especially is full of sad, lonely, bitter, hate filled morons, a lot of them Scottish in recent weeks. I knew there would be a deluge of hate if England lost, so will avoid for the next few days until they've emptied their ball sacks and returned to their misery filled lives. You can of course choose who you follow and mute individuals which does help. But you still see stuff if people you follow react to it.

Seen a few comments in this thread on QPR twitter. An eye opener for sure. You always assume fellow fans will be something like you, but some are quite horrible people. Again, unfollow, mute etc. Largely gets rid of them from your view.

The violence etc. To an extent this was to be expected if England lost. Alcohol, drugs and anger/disappointment are not a good mix. Add the whole covid situation and its hugely amplified. The scenes leading up to the final were some of the most hopeful I've seen coming out of the UK for years. Support for a team taking a stand against bigotry and utter joy in the stadium after the wins v Germany and Denmark. A reminder that the decent people still outnumber the hate filled types on social media.

Its depressing though to see the aggression and racism. Make no mistake, the current government has enabled this and appealed to it to suit its own agenda. The likes of Patel commenting on the knee etc add fuel to the fire. These people used to feel like they had to keep their views to themselves, but now are no longer afraid. This problem urgently needs to be fixed. Foreigners aren't going away and the dream some seem to have of a return to 1940s white England is exactly that. The stand Southgate and the team have taken is commendable and frankly embarrasses the politicians who have been happy to promote division to cling to power.

Overall I'm gutted but positive. We have one of the best squads in world football and its getting better. The young, attacking talent coming through is seriously good and with experience will surely make us a major threat at every tournament for some time. At the end of the day, only one team is ever happy at the end of a competition. Hopefully one day it will be our turn.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 0:35]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:58 - Jul 13 with 1152 viewsbob566

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:32 - Jul 13 by SydneyRs

Ok, I'm ready to comment now. I've waited since the game and said nothing, trying to let some of the emotion subside. I'm gutted. We had a massive chance to win a tournament for the first time in my life against, despite all the gushing about them, what was a good but very beatable and not great, Italian team. I firmly believe that if France had not blown a 3-1 lead v the Swiss that they would have taken out the Italians before the final.

The game itself. We had the lead and the ascendancy. They changed tactics and took charge, especially after half time. We failed to respond until extra time when it was too late. We needed to do something to give their defence cause for worry. We needed an outlet. Instead, the second half reminded me of the bad old England days. Long balls up to Kane who won nothing in the air. Panicked clearances due to Italian pressing. No possession.

We needed an outlet. Grealish was probably that person as he showed when he did come on. We failed to test their ageing defence until it was too late and they could accumulate yellow cards at will knowing the game was nearly over. Imagine those bookings occurring 50 mins earlier and the concern that might have caused? Sako wouldn't have been pulled back for a start. There's probably a place for a 10 minute sin bin type system for something as blatant as that when it can't be red carded.

Southgate was very conservative, given the talent at his disposal, and it almost worked. One jammy goal and a couple of bad penalties from winning the comp. Rashford's miss was the turning point. Honestly think we win if he scores his pen. I'm not a fan of this poncing about stuttered run up nonsense. He's shown he can crack them in the corner like Kane and McGuire did. Keep it simple. You hit them right and no keeper saves them.

Strange to see two players sent on just to take pens with no time to adjust to the game. Even stranger that Sako was nominated to be the last taker when he's apparently never taken one at senior club level. Given Pickford saved two of theirs, it makes it even harder to take. I don't care how carefreely they crack them in at training, putting a 19 year old in that position is questionable at best.

That said, Southgate is an impressive individual and has clearly created a terrific team spirit and togetherness in the squad. We were defensively rock solid, conceding only two goals, one a free kick and a lucky Italian equaliser than came about via favourable deflections. We now need to harness all the young attacking talent coming through, as our biggest failing was an inability to create enough chances. The tools are there and Southgate and team must learn from this.

I had to laugh when the commentary here talked about Mancini "masterminding" Man City's win over QPR to win the league. He was livid and losing his sh*t more like and they got lucky at the end.

England have the players to be there or thereabouts for many years to come. However its not easy to get to a final and even less so with almost the whole squad fit. Hopefully plenty to look forward to though and often teams need to lose a final before they win one. When the dust has settled, this experience will benefit the players.

The social media stuff. It does not surprise me. I deliberately logged out of facebook and twitter the night before the game and have yet to log back in. Twitter especially is full of sad, lonely, bitter, hate filled morons, a lot of them Scottish in recent weeks. I knew there would be a deluge of hate if England lost, so will avoid for the next few days until they've emptied their ball sacks and returned to their misery filled lives. You can of course choose who you follow and mute individuals which does help. But you still see stuff if people you follow react to it.

Seen a few comments in this thread on QPR twitter. An eye opener for sure. You always assume fellow fans will be something like you, but some are quite horrible people. Again, unfollow, mute etc. Largely gets rid of them from your view.

The violence etc. To an extent this was to be expected if England lost. Alcohol, drugs and anger/disappointment are not a good mix. Add the whole covid situation and its hugely amplified. The scenes leading up to the final were some of the most hopeful I've seen coming out of the UK for years. Support for a team taking a stand against bigotry and utter joy in the stadium after the wins v Germany and Denmark. A reminder that the decent people still outnumber the hate filled types on social media.

Its depressing though to see the aggression and racism. Make no mistake, the current government has enabled this and appealed to it to suit its own agenda. The likes of Patel commenting on the knee etc add fuel to the fire. These people used to feel like they had to keep their views to themselves, but now are no longer afraid. This problem urgently needs to be fixed. Foreigners aren't going away and the dream some seem to have of a return to 1940s white England is exactly that. The stand Southgate and the team have taken is commendable and frankly embarrasses the politicians who have been happy to promote division to cling to power.

Overall I'm gutted but positive. We have one of the best squads in world football and its getting better. The young, attacking talent coming through is seriously good and with experience will surely make us a major threat at every tournament for some time. At the end of the day, only one team is ever happy at the end of a competition. Hopefully one day it will be our turn.

You make some good points but how do you know you'd have beaten France assuming they'd taken care of Belgium and Spain. That's like me saying if Sweden had of not ballsed it up and Netherlands too they would have taken care of England. Best team won. Beat world #1 Belgium, then free scoring Spain and you guys. That's a tough way to win a tournament. Sick of hearing they're an ok side. Italy are a great team. England have a future no doubt but let's give Italy alot of credit
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:58 - Jul 13 with 1151 viewsozexile

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:32 - Jul 13 by SydneyRs

I think you've pretty much covered everything.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 01:05 - Jul 13 with 1143 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:58 - Jul 13 by ozexile

I think you've pretty much covered everything.

'cept, the Italians often win this way...and England often loses this way.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 01:20 - Jul 13 with 1136 viewsSydneyRs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:58 - Jul 13 by bob566

You make some good points but how do you know you'd have beaten France assuming they'd taken care of Belgium and Spain. That's like me saying if Sweden had of not ballsed it up and Netherlands too they would have taken care of England. Best team won. Beat world #1 Belgium, then free scoring Spain and you guys. That's a tough way to win a tournament. Sick of hearing they're an ok side. Italy are a great team. England have a future no doubt but let's give Italy alot of credit

Wasn't saying we'd have beaten France, was saying I think France would have beaten Italy and are a better side imho. Of the two I would much rather have faced Italy. We're not quite there yet, some of the best talent is very young and attacking was our weakest area, we didn't create many chances in most games.

Belgium had no Hazard and De Bruyne wasn't 100%. Different team without those two firing and they've probably missed their chance to win something now.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 1:22]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 01:45 - Jul 13 with 1114 viewsbob566

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 01:20 - Jul 13 by SydneyRs

Wasn't saying we'd have beaten France, was saying I think France would have beaten Italy and are a better side imho. Of the two I would much rather have faced Italy. We're not quite there yet, some of the best talent is very young and attacking was our weakest area, we didn't create many chances in most games.

Belgium had no Hazard and De Bruyne wasn't 100%. Different team without those two firing and they've probably missed their chance to win something now.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 1:22]

Fair enough Sydney but it's all relevant. Yes Belgium didn't have a 100% kdb. Does anybody notice he leaves nearly all matches whether it's city or Belgium injured accompanied by two people holding him up. I never noticed it till a work mate pointed it out. Italy lost the player of the tournament to injury too in spinizola. All the squads lost players. Hazard, spinizola, foden. Italy missed chiallini for two games. I think the best team won it. I do think England will learn alot from this. When you got the early goal you should have pushed on. England have the best group of players at their disposal and tactics were wrong. Bodes well for the future
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 02:40 - Jul 13 with 1074 viewsSydneyRs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 01:45 - Jul 13 by bob566

Fair enough Sydney but it's all relevant. Yes Belgium didn't have a 100% kdb. Does anybody notice he leaves nearly all matches whether it's city or Belgium injured accompanied by two people holding him up. I never noticed it till a work mate pointed it out. Italy lost the player of the tournament to injury too in spinizola. All the squads lost players. Hazard, spinizola, foden. Italy missed chiallini for two games. I think the best team won it. I do think England will learn alot from this. When you got the early goal you should have pushed on. England have the best group of players at their disposal and tactics were wrong. Bodes well for the future

I do agree that Italy were the best team overall, I just don't think they are a that great a side. Neither were Portugal, or Greece. All won this comp. Our second half performance was abysmal and made them look better than they are. We just didn't adapt to their changes at all. I like Southgate a lot, the culture he has created is outstanding, but a good tactical mind alongside him might go a long way.

We should learn and improve, especially with the age of many in the squad. Losing a final teaches you a lot about what is required to win one. Not being able to put the likes of Scotland away hinted that we aren't there yet before we got found out in the final. But to get that close while a lot of the time not playing that well is a good sign.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 04:39 - Jul 13 with 1019 viewsKiwi76

Really good post Sydney & hope all OK with you given more bloody COVID impact.
Think theres a mind set change from trying to win vs trying not to lose.
Italy fair champions but agree they were beatable - no centre forward & great as they are, old centre backs who needed to be ran about more. The aerial balls into box - seemingly with just bloody Sterling in there was a waste.
Thought we had it when Chiesa went off - he’s quite good.
Sakho clearly at this stage in his career needs to start not come on as sub.
Poor Pickford who saved penalty from bloody Jorginho & still didn’t win.
Won’t redo the penalty takers side of things.
Really solid base but Southgate now needs to develop team to have another plan to be more of a threat vs very top sides. Use the talent in squad to have a real crack & hit opponent with pace from solid base created.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024