Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The football is broken thread 00:24 - Aug 11 with 2203 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Back to that again. There is zero loyalty from anyone, but I'm just watching the news ... Messi crying as he "doesn't want to leave Barcelona as he was there since the age of 13", but he has to leave because of the salary cap.

If you really wanted to be there and retire there, you'd take a lower salary and stay.

Surely the helmet has made enough money? Greed and stupidity, no respect.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The football is broken thread on 06:30 - Aug 11 with 2138 viewssolent_toffee

Wasn’t there a Bilbao player who played his last season for them for free? Didn’t Vincent Kompany do the same in his last year at City, donating his salary to the Mayor’s Homeless charity.

Messi has acted like a disgusting greedy spiv. And the media just lap it up and never break ranks to question it.
The football is broken thread on 06:33 - Aug 11 with 2135 viewsRon11

The football is broken thread on 06:30 - Aug 11 by solent_toffee

Wasn’t there a Bilbao player who played his last season for them for free? Didn’t Vincent Kompany do the same in his last year at City, donating his salary to the Mayor’s Homeless charity.

Messi has acted like a disgusting greedy spiv. And the media just lap it up and never break ranks to question it.

All smiles when he got to France.
A million pounds a week....
The football is broken thread on 07:34 - Aug 11 with 2088 viewsJaySaint

I totally agree. However, listened to the Totally Football Show podcast and this was talked about. Apparently, if he played for free, Barcelona are still not allowed to register him as a player (as his contract has expired). They cannot register any of their new signing as players yet (Aguero, Depay).

You could argue that had Messi stayed and waited out on wages equivalent to a cleaner, it may have sent a message to the remaining squad. But that was never going to happen. Barcelona still need to shed massive sums from their wage bill.

All their own doing.

However, im sure his £25m signing on fee, £25m per-year salary will help him get over it.
He has clearly gone to PSG, who have Qatari owners. Messi will no doubt be the 'face' of the World Cup, which is much needed given the negative press it has.

How PSG fulfill any form of financial fair play is anyones guess (yes, right)

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The football is broken thread on 08:22 - Aug 11 with 2055 viewsA1079

Completely agree Gennaro.
The football is broken thread on 08:32 - Aug 11 with 2036 viewsSadoldgit

I don’t disagree about the greed in the game but as mentioned Messi’s position was different. Also why wouldn’t you join PSG? Most clubs would be a step down and he is keen for another crack at the CL. They must be favourites now.
Why blame the players when it is the clubs that are throwing huge amounts of money at them? Would any of us turn down a huge fortune to change jobs if someone came knocking with vats of money?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 8:38]
The football is broken thread on 09:05 - Aug 11 with 2005 viewsBicester_North

The football is broken thread on 08:32 - Aug 11 by Sadoldgit

I don’t disagree about the greed in the game but as mentioned Messi’s position was different. Also why wouldn’t you join PSG? Most clubs would be a step down and he is keen for another crack at the CL. They must be favourites now.
Why blame the players when it is the clubs that are throwing huge amounts of money at them? Would any of us turn down a huge fortune to change jobs if someone came knocking with vats of money?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 8:38]

Maybe not, but the cringeworthy see through bellends are never honest, they come out with the same old crap. The day one of them just laughs and says to the media “I went for the cash” will be a bit of honesty for a change.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The football is broken thread on 09:17 - Aug 11 with 1981 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The football is broken thread on 09:05 - Aug 11 by Bicester_North

Maybe not, but the cringeworthy see through bellends are never honest, they come out with the same old crap. The day one of them just laughs and says to the media “I went for the cash” will be a bit of honesty for a change.

This!

I would respect this far more than sat there crying because he couldn't stay. But generally no just him but any of them, just be honest.

The football is broken thread on 09:55 - Aug 11 with 1937 viewsButty101

The football is broken thread on 09:17 - Aug 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This!

I would respect this far more than sat there crying because he couldn't stay. But generally no just him but any of them, just be honest.

On the football daily podcast that someone else mentioned. The maximum Barca could drop his salary was 50%. Apparently thats the leagues rules. Messi's previous salary equated to 30% of Bara's total salary expenditure. Mental

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

The football is broken thread on 09:56 - Aug 11 with 1944 viewsSadoldgit

The football is broken thread on 09:05 - Aug 11 by Bicester_North

I think he was genuinely sad to leave the club he has spent his life at. It is not as if he is short of a few Bob. Also who turns up at their new place of work crying? Of course he is going to smile. This is Messi we are talking about, not someone like Charlie Austin.
The football is broken thread on 11:20 - Aug 11 with 1893 viewsBison

The football is broken thread on 09:56 - Aug 11 by Sadoldgit

I think he was genuinely sad to leave the club he has spent his life at. It is not as if he is short of a few Bob. Also who turns up at their new place of work crying? Of course he is going to smile. This is Messi we are talking about, not someone like Charlie Austin.

That might ring true apart from the fact last year he was doing all he could to leave Barca and and even put in a transfer request which Barca turned down , I bet they wish they had accepted that now.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

The football is broken thread on 11:37 - Aug 11 with 1870 views1885_SFC

I feel sorry for the bloke. Being "forced" to go to PSG for a paltry £35M per season must be heartbreaking.

Old School is Cool

The football is broken thread on 12:26 - Aug 11 with 1830 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The football is broken thread on 09:55 - Aug 11 by Butty101

On the football daily podcast that someone else mentioned. The maximum Barca could drop his salary was 50%. Apparently thats the leagues rules. Messi's previous salary equated to 30% of Bara's total salary expenditure. Mental

Insanity ... and that is definitely broken ...

The football is broken thread on 12:47 - Aug 11 with 1821 viewsSadoldgit

The football is broken thread on 11:20 - Aug 11 by Bison

That might ring true apart from the fact last year he was doing all he could to leave Barca and and even put in a transfer request which Barca turned down , I bet they wish they had accepted that now.

Didn’t MLT consider a move to Spurs? It would be odd if he hadn’t considered a move over such a long career. I’m not sure why he is getting so much stick. I just wish he had come over to the Prem to play.
The football is broken thread on 14:15 - Aug 11 with 1764 viewsfranniesTache

the more than 50% drop isn't the rule for football it's spanish law. Spanish law says you can't drop an employees salary by more than 50% so people don't scam folk.

The fact that law includes someone who'd be earning half a million quid a year is batsh*t, but it's not - for once - football's fault
The football is broken thread on 14:17 - Aug 11 with 1758 viewsericofarabia

The football is broken thread on 11:37 - Aug 11 by 1885_SFC

I feel sorry for the bloke. Being "forced" to go to PSG for a paltry £35M per season must be heartbreaking.

Pray for Messi Day being organised on Merseyside as we speak?
The football is broken thread on 15:36 - Aug 11 with 1725 viewsJaySaint

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The football is broken thread on 19:53 - Aug 11 with 1629 viewssaint68

The football is broken thread on 11:37 - Aug 11 by 1885_SFC

I'm sure once he's composed himself he'll be just fine, bless him..

#don'tcryformebarcelona

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The football is broken thread on 11:09 - Aug 12 with 1530 viewsBison

The football is broken thread on 12:47 - Aug 11 by Sadoldgit

Didn’t MLT consider a move to Spurs? It would be odd if he hadn’t considered a move over such a long career. I’m not sure why he is getting so much stick. I just wish he had come over to the Prem to play.

Very similar SoG's , Le Tiss considered a move to Spurs as Saints told him and said he could go if he wanted.

Messi told Barca I want to leave and put in a Transfer request which was turned down.

You do stick out like a sore thumb , now you are protector of the poor 1/2 billionairre $$$$ footballers who seem to manage to fool you by crying on TV because he has to leave the love of his life who less than 12 months earlier was determined to divorce.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

The football is broken thread on 12:23 - Aug 12 with 1490 viewsSadoldgit

The football is broken thread on 11:09 - Aug 12 by Bison

Very similar SoG's , Le Tiss considered a move to Spurs as Saints told him and said he could go if he wanted.

Messi told Barca I want to leave and put in a Transfer request which was turned down.

You do stick out like a sore thumb , now you are protector of the poor 1/2 billionairre $$$$ footballers who seem to manage to fool you by crying on TV because he has to leave the love of his life who less than 12 months earlier was determined to divorce.

Doesn’t mean to say that he wasn’t upset at leaving Bison and I am not protecting him. I am certain he doesn’t give a stuff about what people say about him on social media. But when all is said and done, he is one of the best players ever.
The football is broken thread on 11:58 - Aug 13 with 1358 viewsBerber

The football is broken thread on 06:33 - Aug 11 by Ron11

All smiles when he got to France.
A million pounds a week....

I thought he has gone for half his previous? Still massive, but Barcelona have ferked up their wage bill right royally. 95% of cap without him, 110% at the reduced amount. Is there anyone here who would decline £50m over two years, honestly?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024