Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Taliban 11:11 - Aug 15 with 8934 viewsSadoldgit

After many years of death and disability amongst our soldiers we have now left the country and once again it is at the mercy of the Taliban. The families and loved ones of those who have lost their lives and those who will spend the rest of their lives without limbs must be wondering why they bothered. We followed the US in their supposed fight against terrorism. Yet another failure of American foreign policy that we trotted dutifully behind. What a waste of lives and resources that turned out to be.
The Taliban on 12:52 - Aug 15 with 3069 viewskernow

Who will be the next to try and subjugate them?
My money is on China.
The Taliban on 13:07 - Aug 15 with 3048 views1885_SFC

It's a modern day Vietnam. The similarities are striking.

Old School is Cool

The Taliban on 13:49 - Aug 15 with 2998 viewsKennington

Shocking the speed this happened. Supposedly the allies forces had spent years training the Afghan army and police and in a few weeks they’d been overrun.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The Taliban on 13:50 - Aug 15 with 2997 viewsdirk_doone

We've invaded Afghanistan so many times now and lost every time. You'd think we'd have learned our lesson by now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Anglo-Afghan_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Anglo-Afghan_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Anglo-Afghan_War

etc etc

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Taliban on 15:29 - Aug 15 with 2929 viewsthissceptredsaint

We are leaving women and girls to the mercy of these brutes. Any female over the age of 12 is to be hunted and treated as a 'spoil of war' to these warlords. As for China, I don't think they will seriously have a pop, they have too much mineral trading with the Taliban on the go.
The Taliban on 15:39 - Aug 15 with 2912 viewsBicester_North

The Taliban on 13:07 - Aug 15 by 1885_SFC

It's a modern day Vietnam. The similarities are striking.

Nobody can “win” a war there. Best that can be hoped is that security forces prevent their terrorist groups from planning too many attacks now they have control again.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The Taliban on 15:42 - Aug 15 with 2907 viewsthissceptredsaint

The Taliban look like they have won
The Taliban on 16:18 - Aug 15 with 2873 views1885_SFC

It didn't take long for the spineless Afghan president to flee the country.

WAC

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

The Taliban on 16:52 - Aug 15 with 2829 viewsSadoldgit

The Taliban on 16:18 - Aug 15 by 1885_SFC

It didn't take long for the spineless Afghan president to flee the country.

WAC

Indeed. Cowardly action to leave the people to their fate.
The Taliban on 19:54 - Aug 15 with 2725 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Taliban on 16:52 - Aug 15 by Sadoldgit

Indeed. Cowardly action to leave the people to their fate.

Did you want the West to go in in the first place?

You can't have it both ways, either we're imperialist and invaders or we're peace keepers, this is a question the woke lot and extreme left of the Labour party squirm at, when women are now mutilated and stoned for the slightest thing what will they say? Its their Country or we should intervene.

A clarifying answer would help.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

The Taliban on 20:01 - Aug 15 with 2713 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Taliban on 15:39 - Aug 15 by Bicester_North

Nobody can “win” a war there. Best that can be hoped is that security forces prevent their terrorist groups from planning too many attacks now they have control again.

They're 500 years behind us in the fact we had our enlightenment, they have to sort it themselves, their security services is or was 5 times the size of the Taliban but they're riddled with corruption and ideologically they're closer than the West wants admit and its obvious as they're crumbled, rotten backward and f*cked, the innocents will die as they always do but they need to defeat this themselves otherwise it will go around in circles, a fascist state right in front of our eyes forming, very sad indeed.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

The Taliban on 22:29 - Aug 15 with 2643 viewscocklebreath

The Taliban on 19:54 - Aug 15 by barry_sanchez

You can't have it both ways, either we're imperialist and invaders or we're peace keepers, this is a question the woke lot and extreme left of the Labour party squirm at, when women are now mutilated and stoned for the slightest thing what will they say? Its their Country or we should intervene.

Exactly, you know soggy moaned like f£ck when we went in but now loans like fAck now we’ve left saying we’ve left innocent people to die, the same innnocent people he didn’t want saving in the first place. A load of bollox and a waste of British lives.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The Taliban on 23:04 - Aug 15 with 2623 viewsSadoldgit

The Taliban on 19:54 - Aug 15 by barry_sanchez

No, but having gone in we have a responsibility wouldn’t you say?
The Taliban on 23:18 - Aug 15 with 2615 viewskernow

The Taliban on 23:04 - Aug 15 by Sadoldgit

I'm afraid our responsibility only goes as far as stopping them from drowning when their rubber boat gets a puncture. Or does it even go that far?
The Taliban on 08:32 - Aug 16 with 2517 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Taliban on 23:04 - Aug 15 by Sadoldgit

No, intervention only works if the majority want it to, the place will only be free and the World for that matter when women are treated equally, that isn’t happening anytime soon and we can’t impose it, they backward to the western ways and as much as I hate it ie their human rights, lgbt+q and women’s rights there’s nothing we can do, we’d be there for another 100 years and it’ll still be viewed as an occupation so it would fuel a desire to return to their ways, need to fight for it themselves, it’s horrific but the World is shit with shit people in it.

The Taliban on 09:05 - Aug 16 with 2498 viewsSadoldgit

The Taliban on 08:32 - Aug 16 by barry_sanchez

No, intervention only works if the majority want it to, the place will only be free and the World for that matter when women are treated equally, that isn’t happening anytime soon and we can’t impose it, they backward to the western ways and as much as I hate it ie their human rights, lgbt+q and women’s rights there’s nothing we can do, we’d be there for another 100 years and it’ll still be viewed as an occupation so it would fuel a desire to return to their ways, need to fight for it themselves, it’s horrific but the World is shit with shit people in it.

You don’t think the majority of people in Afghanistan would prefer a liberal democracy rather than the brutal regime of the Taliban? Ok. But tell that to the hundreds of thousands of refugees and the women whose lives will be made hell now.
The Taliban on 10:41 - Aug 16 with 2447 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Taliban on 09:05 - Aug 16 by Sadoldgit

You don’t think the majority of people in Afghanistan would prefer a liberal democracy rather than the brutal regime of the Taliban? Ok. But tell that to the hundreds of thousands of refugees and the women whose lives will be made hell now.

It'll be awful for them but they have to fight for it, they had 5 times the forces of the Taliban and far better arms, why didn't they fight? The population of course wants a better more liberal democracy but they have to fight for that freedom, us falsely creating it only creates vacuums and spaces for the Taliban they're trying to defeat, this equates to occupation and eventual return of the Taliban as we're seeing now or one where they harbour extremists and could kill us, its a shit show but we should have never gone into Iraq or Afghanistan, its their Country and they need to sort it out, I hate myself writing that I really do but there is no solution over there, religion trumps absolutely everything, the majority of the liberal West (you included) won't acknowledge that either by willful ignorance or naivety (you can choose), you can't reason with religious fundamentalist fascists, you can't reason with the Chinese nor the Russians for that matter but their motives are wholly different.

You're a idealistic baby politically, its admirable but its university or young 20's idealism that is frankly for the birds, its codshite, crap and like on the other forum totally and utterly childlike.

The Taliban on 11:00 - Aug 16 with 2441 viewsSadoldgit

The Taliban on 10:41 - Aug 16 by barry_sanchez

It'll be awful for them but they have to fight for it, they had 5 times the forces of the Taliban and far better arms, why didn't they fight? The population of course wants a better more liberal democracy but they have to fight for that freedom, us falsely creating it only creates vacuums and spaces for the Taliban they're trying to defeat, this equates to occupation and eventual return of the Taliban as we're seeing now or one where they harbour extremists and could kill us, its a shit show but we should have never gone into Iraq or Afghanistan, its their Country and they need to sort it out, I hate myself writing that I really do but there is no solution over there, religion trumps absolutely everything, the majority of the liberal West (you included) won't acknowledge that either by willful ignorance or naivety (you can choose), you can't reason with religious fundamentalist fascists, you can't reason with the Chinese nor the Russians for that matter but their motives are wholly different.

You're a idealistic baby politically, its admirable but its university or young 20's idealism that is frankly for the birds, its codshite, crap and like on the other forum totally and utterly childlike.

Still not got over being banned Barry? It really is time to move on. As for childlike, what is childlike about taking responsibility for your actions? That would seem like an adult thing to do. Running away from your responsibilities is childlike.
The Taliban on 11:10 - Aug 16 with 2436 viewsgeezershoong1

Lessons we won't learn:

1) The country is mostly a desolate wilderness sparsely populated by warring tribes with centuries old feuds that are unending.

2) Democracy will never work - they don't want it. Flying crates of American dollars will not 'bring them in line' with Western democracies.

3) Never set deadlines. All this does is let the enemy know how long they have to arm up and when to move in. Afghan army morale essentially gave up as soon as a deadline was announced.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 11:13]

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

The Taliban on 11:17 - Aug 16 with 2428 viewsChesham_Saint

The Taliban on 10:41 - Aug 16 by barry_sanchez

I agree with much f what you say Baz, but I’m not sure calling Soggsy names helps the argument….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

The Taliban on 11:17 - Aug 16 with 2428 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Taliban on 11:00 - Aug 16 by Sadoldgit

Still not got over being banned Barry? It really is time to move on. As for childlike, what is childlike about taking responsibility for your actions? That would seem like an adult thing to do. Running away from your responsibilities is childlike.

The reality is our intervention will be forgotten about in a months time sadly, regime change is childlike, creating countries in our vision is not only arrogant but wrong, the Afghans had more than enough people to repel the Taliban, they had the training guns and the knowledge.
They didn't have the belief though.
Its been a wasted 20 years and yes I've always said Pap was wrong to ban me, I've moved on dear Lord but that is one of the reason Pap's woke a web is dying, its an echo chamber of yourselves who know very very little of geo politics, current affairs and history.

The Taliban on 11:23 - Aug 16 with 2420 viewsSadoldgit

The Taliban on 11:17 - Aug 16 by barry_sanchez

The reality is our intervention will be forgotten about in a months time sadly, regime change is childlike, creating countries in our vision is not only arrogant but wrong, the Afghans had more than enough people to repel the Taliban, they had the training guns and the knowledge.
They didn't have the belief though.
Its been a wasted 20 years and yes I've always said Pap was wrong to ban me, I've moved on dear Lord but that is one of the reason Pap's woke a web is dying, its an echo chamber of yourselves who know very very little of geo politics, current affairs and history.

If you have moved on why keep going on about it. It strikes me as childlike, petulant behaviour.
The Taliban on 11:31 - Aug 16 with 2407 viewsbarry_sanchez

The Taliban on 11:10 - Aug 16 by geezershoong1

Lessons we won't learn:

1) The country is mostly a desolate wilderness sparsely populated by warring tribes with centuries old feuds that are unending.

2) Democracy will never work - they don't want it. Flying crates of American dollars will not 'bring them in line' with Western democracies.

3) Never set deadlines. All this does is let the enemy know how long they have to arm up and when to move in. Afghan army morale essentially gave up as soon as a deadline was announced.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 11:13]

Indeed and your last example is totally correct, the moment Trump then Biden went out with a date it was game over, it should have been an elastic term like "when conditions are met" but the Americans would never have gone for that.
This parallels in some ways with the British departure of Hong Kong, a date should have never been given, a little known fact is within a few days of Chinese control of Hong Kong 300 people of importance went missing, we let down Hong Kongers hugely.

The Taliban on 11:41 - Aug 16 with 2394 viewsgeezershoong1

It was really the only thing Big Orange got wrong here - although he did have a plan for a staged withdrawal rather than just baling overnight like the chicken sh*t currently in the WH.

China is boasting about it's 'good relations' with the Taliban - good times coming up then.

It's conceivable that we'll be back fighting a proxy armed and funded Taliban via the CCP giving rise to 'Cold War 2'.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

The Taliban on 13:13 - Aug 16 with 2342 viewsSadoldgit

I’m not sure holding talks with the Taliban and excluding the Afghan government was a smart move. Getting out made sense. Not making plans so that it was not possible for the Taliban to take over again did not. You leave a vacuum, something can fill it. Make 100% sure that what you don’t want to fill it can.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024