Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CB? Gary Lyneco? 15:17 - Aug 20 with 5429 viewssaints__fan__73

Seems about our level of signing. Squad player for a team who finished 17th in La Liga last season. Was dropped from the first team, came back in for his team's 7-0 thrashing and then was dropped again for the remainder of the season.

I guess at least he's got some experience of embarrassing defeats.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 19:35 - Aug 20 with 1942 viewskingslandstand1

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:50 - Aug 20 by Bicester_North

If this happens we still must have £15M floating about to sign the Forest lad as well

Why go for a potential (apparently reading those on here that know/have read all about him) flop and actually splash the cash that Forest may actually want for a guy that has actually had good reviews
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 19:38 - Aug 20 with 1928 viewsVeloSaint

Young, low cost, technically very good, scouted by likes of Leeds, Lille last season, highly rated at u23 level which I would guess is where Crocker knows him from and has serie A experience... risk wise all seems reasonable..

BUT we need a leader to come in and make a difference now... dont we Ralph? This guy surely isn't going to walk into the first XI. With the money we've received surely we need to be investing in someone who can make an instant difference.?
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 19:40 - Aug 20 with 1922 viewsSonicBoom

As Nick himself said, we need a leader with some experience.
This guy isn't first choice at the lower end of serie A. Why would he be first choice here?
Seems an odd signing if true as he doesn't seem to fit the profile at all. Money isn't everything but he's also very cheap. Um not sure you could get a CB from league 1 for that.
It could still be bs of course. Or even that we are getting him for the squad but bringing in another CB too. We have money left to do it.
Of course we'd support the lad and hope he does well, but again, this doesn't seem to fit our brief and looks like yet another gamble on turning straw into gold.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 19:42 - Aug 20 with 1921 viewsBicester_North

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 19:35 - Aug 20 by kingslandstand1

Why go for a potential (apparently reading those on here that know/have read all about him) flop and actually splash the cash that Forest may actually want for a guy that has actually had good reviews

Agreed, if this move fails then could be relegation, central defence is not a thing to penny pinch on with our record.

Having said that we’ve had plenty of expensive flops as well which is why a supposed confident leader like Worrall has got to be worth the extra rather than someone with a flakey history in foreign leagues like the Brazilian Serb.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 19:45 - Aug 20 with 1914 viewsChesham_Saint

Presumably he’s Gary Lineker’s long last Brazilian cousin? So that’s alright then.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 20:53 - Aug 20 with 1860 viewsNewdawn2014

£89 pounds ??
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 21:13 - Aug 20 with 1840 viewssaint22

So what happened to that chap from Marseille, Forest, Fulham?
This smacks of a cheap option period
Ffs
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 23:21 - Sep 21 with 1513 viewsdirk_doone

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 15:59 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

I think we have. That's where most of the money we receive from transfer fees will be going. But, it still means we can no longer afford to be competitive in the top flight.

Some of the Torino fans' tweets are hilarious. I don't think I've ever seen a set of fans so deliriously happy to get rid of a player. They'll be devastated if he fails the medical:

"Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more"

[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:25]

Torino fans will still be laughing.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 05:13 - Sep 22 with 1413 viewsButty101

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 23:21 - Sep 21 by dirk_doone

Torino fans will still be laughing.

Jesus Stephens is out for 3months, who ever thought that would be a big disaster! If Lyneco is our next in line we will be screwed!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 09:42 - Sep 22 with 1224 viewsBerber

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 05:13 - Sep 22 by Butty101

Jesus Stephens is out for 3months, who ever thought that would be a big disaster! If Lyneco is our next in line we will be screwed!

Well, being fair to the guy, his mistakes last night were no worse than we have seen from Vestegard, Bednarek and Stephens over the past couple of seasons. Occasionally Romeu has a game where he seems to give the ball away frequently and cheaply. It remains to be seen how well the guy shapes up over the next few months though. Hopefully Bednarek and Salisu will stay fit and not get reds or a ban.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 09:50 - Sep 22 with 1206 viewssaints__fan__73

The club gambled in selling our 1st choice CB and only buying a 4th choice replacement (and thus banking the difference).

We're an injury to either Salisu or Bednarek away from this spectacularly backfiring.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 10:52 - Sep 22 with 1150 viewssaintwizzler

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 09:50 - Sep 22 by saints__fan__73

The club gambled in selling our 1st choice CB and only buying a 4th choice replacement (and thus banking the difference).

We're an injury to either Salisu or Bednarek away from this spectacularly backfiring.

1st choice of himself, Bednarek and Stephens. Wow!

I would say Salisu is first choice now.
It is a gamble bringing Lyanco in as it was with Livramento and Perraud. All untried in English football.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 10:59 - Sep 22 with 1145 views1885_SFC

Jack Stephens is out for 10-12 weeks with a tendon problem.

Old School is Cool

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 11:19 - Sep 22 with 1126 viewsBicester_North

Could be a quick promotion for Simeu on the cards.

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 12:03 - Sep 22 with 1090 viewssaint22

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 09:50 - Sep 22 by saints__fan__73

Its quite astonishing how we make the SAME mistake year on year thinking we can phone it in where our back up CB is concerned......
Forren, Grados, Caulker ad infinitum
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 12:41 - Sep 22 with 1056 viewsIanSouthstander

Give the guy a chance ffs. It was his first game in this country and he will need time to acclimatise.
In mc burnie he was up against a no nonsense battering ram who left a welcome to England boot in their very first challenge and kept this up throughout the game.
The problem last night night night wasn't Lyanco. It was Valery getting roasted every time he was attacked.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 13:11 - Sep 22 with 1019 viewsNYC_Saint

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 12:41 - Sep 22 by IanSouthstander

Give the guy a chance ffs. It was his first game in this country and he will need time to acclimatise.
In mc burnie he was up against a no nonsense battering ram who left a welcome to England boot in their very first challenge and kept this up throughout the game.
The problem last night night night wasn't Lyanco. It was Valery getting roasted every time he was attacked.

I only saw the extended highlights but I agree that the only conclusion I can draw is that Vallery is not a defensively minded player. He may have a future at right midfield but likely not with us. Per the new chap, he was destined to get panned on here irrespective of his performance. I seem to remember we lost 5 or 6 nil in the league cup for one of VVD’s early games and he was criticized as having mo responsibility and being above his level.
New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 13:36 - Sep 22 with 986 viewsBicester_North

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 12:41 - Sep 22 by IanSouthstander

Classic Saints fans. He had a bit of a crap debut, so he’s already the new Forren as far as some are concerned.

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 14:07 - Sep 22 with 954 viewsdirk_doone

He lost possession 14 times in the 74 minutes before Ralph took him off, and that was against a Championship side.

For a central defender that is disastrous. No wonder Torino fans were so happy to see the back of him: even more than Monaco fans were when they sold Carrillo. Lyanco is 24 now and he's been cr@p for years, not just for one game.

When we sign a good player like Livramento we say so and when we sign a cr@p one like Lyanco we say so too, just the same as fans of any club do.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 14:12]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 14:52 - Sep 22 with 923 views1teeminants

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 12:03 - Sep 22 by saint22

Its quite astonishing how we make the SAME mistake year on year thinking we can phone it in where our back up CB is concerned......
Forren, Grados, Caulker ad infinitum

At the end of the day we’re pretty skint and we all know this, it’s been mentioned enough times so we’re unlikely to spend much money on a central defender . the key is to find a gem that no ones heard of . Easier said than done of course.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 870 viewsBicester_North

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 14:07 - Sep 22 by dirk_doone

He lost possession 14 times in the 74 minutes before Ralph took him off, and that was against a Championship side.

For a central defender that is disastrous. No wonder Torino fans were so happy to see the back of him: even more than Monaco fans were when they sold Carrillo. Lyanco is 24 now and he's been cr@p for years, not just for one game.

When we sign a good player like Livramento we say so and when we sign a cr@p one like Lyanco we say so too, just the same as fans of any club do.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 14:12]

He might well be a shit signing but there is still a chance he’ll be ok.

One debut match is just not enough to make an instant judgement.

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:52 - Sep 22 with 809 viewsDorsetIan

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 13:11 - Sep 22 by NYC_Saint

I only saw the extended highlights but I agree that the only conclusion I can draw is that Vallery is not a defensively minded player. He may have a future at right midfield but likely not with us. Per the new chap, he was destined to get panned on here irrespective of his performance. I seem to remember we lost 5 or 6 nil in the league cup for one of VVD’s early games and he was criticized as having mo responsibility and being above his level.

Valery has only ever impressed when going forward. I can't remember any impressive defensive performance from him, and I can remember his 70 mins in the 0-9 against Leicester too well.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 21:01 - Sep 22 with 727 viewsinthebox

New CB? Gary Lyneco? on 17:52 - Sep 22 by DorsetIan

Valery has only ever impressed when going forward. I can't remember any impressive defensive performance from him, and I can remember his 70 mins in the 0-9 against Leicester too well.

Tino showed everyone how to defend at City, very bad news about Stephens, more bite about him this season getting the face of whinging forwards, brilliant. Lyneco does need more time, I trust Ralph on this one he must see something in him that he likes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024