Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A 17:05 - Aug 20 with 2955 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55536/saints-tipped-to-c

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 17:24 - Aug 20 with 2911 viewsSaintsforeverj

Desperately in need of a top quality centre back. So although Saints have 20 million plus to spend, they are getting a player for 6 million, who couldn't always get in the Torino side that finished 17th in a foreign league and conceded a hatful of goals. No wonder the Saints fans are so fed up.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 17:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 18:24 - Aug 20 with 2830 viewsBerber

So, he's 3rd choice CB in a middling Serie A team, with about 10 full games under his belt last season. Methinks price was the determinant here. Don't expect to see him in action anytime soon, short of injury disasters to the current 3. He is 24 years old, so should be making his mark by now. Scouted using his agent's video for promotional purposes?
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 19:05 - Aug 20 with 2785 viewsbenalisbroom

‘Ball-playing CB’: Ralph is determined to play the ball out from the back, dominate possession and win like Pepe. You can see it in his insistence on playing McCarthy (on the grounds that he has marginally better feet than Forster); or even in his reliance to date on Stephens (decent ball control for a CB but can’t actually mark an opposing player or head the ball). Despite all the evidence that his team are not strong enough to play the way he wants - the most obvious being that they are knackered by half time), he just won’t change his tactics.

I’ve never been so depressed at the mention of a potential new signing, because this one says so much about what is going wrong.

Please can someone tell Ralph what a counter-attack is?
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 20:15 - Aug 20 with 2714 viewssaints__fan__73

A Brazilian from Serie A!!!!

God loves a trier Nick!!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 22:32 - Aug 20 with 2617 viewskingslandstand1

"The hope is that he is a player who has talent but hasn't quite developed it yet and that Saints can bring him on and make him a class act, something that they have done well in the past with central defenders."

We don't someone who hasn't developed yet, we need a dominant established defender who has proven himself
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 10:17 - Aug 21 with 2392 viewsCity_boy

His stats don't exactly set the world alight and no better than Jack Stephens (or even Cahill based on last season).

Seems like another one that can't head the ball, has pace or an aerial presence in the defence.
We already have these in abundance.

I hope I am wrong, and he turns out to be that hidden gem that we have been seeking.
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 10:27 - Aug 21 with 2392 viewsSaintNick

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 22:32 - Aug 20 by kingslandstand1

"The hope is that he is a player who has talent but hasn't quite developed it yet and that Saints can bring him on and make him a class act, something that they have done well in the past with central defenders."

We don't someone who hasn't developed yet, we need a dominant established defender who has proven himself

I said that in the article

"so has some experience, but is he the leader and organiser that Saints really need at the back"

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 11:30 - Aug 21 with 2329 viewssaint22

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 10:27 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

"so has some experience, but is he the leader and organiser that Saints really need at the back"

Why are we signing him then??
Last thing we need is another Gardos Forren debacle right now
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 11:40 - Aug 21 with 2324 viewsSadoldgit

Moaning because we hadn’t signed a CB, now moaning because we have apparently signed the wrong CB (although no one has seen him play). Why not wait until he has proved to be worse than Jack Stephens before we write him off as a dud player?
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 12:00 - Aug 21 with 2315 viewsdirk_doone

Lots of Italian fans have seen him play, even if no one from our club has, and they all agree he is rubbish. You only have to watch videos of him to see that.

"One of the worst defenders I've ever seen"

The club is going to have to work really hard to find a club prepared to take this one on loan. It was hard enough with Carrillo and Hoedt.

Fair enough that he can't defend but he doesn't even try, apart from the occasional late lunge to give away a penalty. I am one of the most positive fans about our good signings, like Armstrong and Livramento, or good players we are rumoured to be about to sign, like Worrall, but this is a joke signing and anyone can see that:

[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 12:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 12:11 - Aug 21 with 2295 viewssaint22

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 11:40 - Aug 21 by Sadoldgit

Moaning because we hadn’t signed a CB, now moaning because we have apparently signed the wrong CB (although no one has seen him play). Why not wait until he has proved to be worse than Jack Stephens before we write him off as a dud player?

We need a proven experienced CB
He is clearly not and the cheap option so it leaves us still short
Why not Nat Philips, the Forest CB??

I would love to be proved wrong but I bet I am not
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 14:34 - Aug 21 with 2225 viewsVeloSaint

Disagree he is rubbish, looks to have potential if you can be bothered to watch some of the YouTube highlights but was hoping for a leader to come in and improve us immediately...

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 15:46 - Aug 21 with 2177 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 10:27 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

I accept that Nick but as 22 has also said below, we don't need a player that may develop, we need one that has which I think you are in agreement with?
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 16:05 - Aug 21 with 2154 viewsButty101

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 11:40 - Aug 21 by Sadoldgit

It’s funny,despite never seeing any of our new signings (Walcott excluded we all know he is rubbish) you keep telling us how the squad is stronger. Now we are about to sign a carrillo equivalent. You are telling everyone what do they know, as they have never seen him play
How about, rather than constantly being an apologetic old tart, you say yeah this signing sounds rubbish. Maybe even question why the club, when it has 25mill burning a whole in its pocket.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 17:22 - Aug 21 with 2114 viewsPoirot

From a starting danish national to a brazilian not wanted by 'Torino'

Really doesnt look good, i hope im wrong.
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 17:37 - Aug 21 with 2099 viewsSonicBoom

Is there a possibility we sign another cb for around 15 million as well?
This guy doesn't seem the ready made solution the club said they were looking for. Maybe we planned to get two and this guy has arrived first.
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 08:53 - Aug 23 with 1881 views1885_SFC

Lyanco undergoing a medical at St Marys today with a 4-year deal - according to the Brazilian Press.

Old School is Cool

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 15:48 - Aug 24 with 1661 viewsScrappy2020

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 08:53 - Aug 23 by 1885_SFC

Lyanco undergoing a medical at St Marys today with a 4-year deal - according to the Brazilian Press.

Give the guy a chance,we have got rid of so much rubbish this window and have bought what seems to be two good full backs who can push forward and defend and also a good striker,so let's wait and see,many of us were in despair when we saw the team for Sunday but they all did well and more to the point Ralph made the right substitutions changing to a back five in the second half with Diallo and keep coming on later for tired players,If we look at the big picture we are getting it right 😄😄😄 cheer up we drew with Man Utd!!
Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 16:42 - Aug 24 with 1612 viewssaints__fan__73

Has he not signed yet? [fingers crossed]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 17:24 - Aug 24 with 1556 viewsSadoldgit

Saints Tipped To Complete Signing Of Brazilian From Serie A on 17:37 - Aug 21 by SonicBoom

Is there a possibility we sign another cb for around 15 million as well?
This guy doesn't seem the ready made solution the club said they were looking for. Maybe we planned to get two and this guy has arrived first.

I doubt it. This gives us 4 CBs and as someone else pointed out, Salisu is the replacement for Vestergaard. Apparently this new guy can play DM as well which gives him the versatility he was looking for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024