Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Ralph’s time up 15:55 - Sep 26 with 5805 viewsHeisenberg

I like Ralph and think he’s been given a raw deal in terms of player ins and outs but he looks shot. Long on is baffling. Do we roll the dice and go for a change ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Is Ralph’s time up on 12:28 - Sep 28 with 1257 viewsSaintNick

Is Ralph’s time up on 10:46 - Sep 28 by DorsetIan

If you look back to my original post it was to say that it's very well slagging off Ralph and the players, but let's not forget that the real villain in all this is Gao.

Gao's ownership is and always has been at the root of our recent problems. I think there's a pretty broad consensus about that now.

There is a broad consensus on social media about Gao, but that is purely based on the fact that he is not investing any money in transfers. The popular view is often not the right one.

Gao is not the real villain in the piece, he wanted to invest and now cant because of world politics, perhaps things would have been different if Trump & China hadn't fallen out.

So if you feel Gao's failure to invest is the root cause of our problems then there is only one solution and that is an owner who can outspend Everton, outspend Villa, outspend Spurs & Arsenal, then we have a chance of getting into the top six and even that is far from guaranteed.

Gao is of course also the villain because he has failed to take the first offer on the table and preferred to only sell when it is the right owner and not someone like the Burnley people and perhaps we can also blame Martin Semmens who must stare out of his window every day and see the queues of multi billionaires desperate to invest in a club and spent £100 million in transfers every season to secure 10th place

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Is Ralph’s time up on 13:15 - Sep 28 with 1197 viewsDorsetIan

Is Ralph’s time up on 12:28 - Sep 28 by SaintNick

There is a broad consensus on social media about Gao, but that is purely based on the fact that he is not investing any money in transfers. The popular view is often not the right one.

Gao is not the real villain in the piece, he wanted to invest and now cant because of world politics, perhaps things would have been different if Trump & China hadn't fallen out.

So if you feel Gao's failure to invest is the root cause of our problems then there is only one solution and that is an owner who can outspend Everton, outspend Villa, outspend Spurs & Arsenal, then we have a chance of getting into the top six and even that is far from guaranteed.

Gao is of course also the villain because he has failed to take the first offer on the table and preferred to only sell when it is the right owner and not someone like the Burnley people and perhaps we can also blame Martin Semmens who must stare out of his window every day and see the queues of multi billionaires desperate to invest in a club and spent £100 million in transfers every season to secure 10th place

Most people don't feel the need to make excuses for him or to try to spin things to make his period of ownership seem OK.

He took over promising to take us to the next level and we've struggled ever since, I'm really not sure why it needs to be any more complicated than this.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is Ralph’s time up on 16:53 - Sep 28 with 1129 viewsPoirot

Looking at his record this year its horrific and i doubt any other club would keep him in position.

The reserve manager and coach also clearly need to be sacked as well.
Is Ralph’s time up on 18:09 - Sep 28 with 1099 viewsElijahK

Is Ralph’s time up on 09:30 - Sep 28 by SaintNick

Im interested to know what you feel the right track is.

Firstly he took over when we were deep in relegation trouble and he led us to safety long before the end of the season and 13th place

In his first full season he took us to 11th despite being hampered by a wage bill that meant he had little scope to bring in new players because of the wage bill.

In his second full season he took us to the top of the Premier League, the first time that we had topped the top flight since 1988, but saw the season collapse due to a catastrophic injury list but we still finished comfortably mid table in 15th

This season he has improved the squad overall and is starting to build on the last couple of seasons.

Now if we look at the Premier League at least 12 clubs have bigger stadium, bigger crowds and the bigger income that comes with that, so you could argue that 13th is our par score although Wolves and Palace would argue that position as well so somewhere between 13th to 15th is performing to the size of our club, even if we had an owner putting money in.

So just what do you consider the right track ?

Yes of course we all would like to finish 6th or get into Europe, but it isn't just as simple as spending big money, Arsenal & Spurs are underachieving far more than us at the moment.

How many FA Cup semi finals have Saints played in your lifetime ? That is not an achievement to be brushed under the carpet.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has done a good job in very difficult circumstances and got us to the position that we are in football, ask most football fans and they will tell you the same thing.

So yes Ralph has put us on the right track after the mess we were in in 2018, now he deserves the chance to try and move us forward as the purse strings are easing due to players off the books.

Yet some start screeching every time we lose a game, give him a chance, continuity is the key to stability and success not getting on the managers back and bed wetting every time we suffer a defeat.

Ralph is not the longest serving manager since Chris Nicholl sacked 30 years ago in 1991, that tells you something about why we go from boom to bust

Nick mate, I think he was talking about Gao not Ralph

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Is Ralph’s time up on 19:37 - Sep 28 with 1043 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Is Ralph’s time up on 18:09 - Sep 28 by ElijahK

Nick mate, I think he was talking about Gao not Ralph

Yes that's how I read it? Incidentally - when was the last time - our beloved Chairman was seen in the flesh - looking after his clubs and fans interests? ..... DO NOT LAUGH --- I'm being serious !

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Is Ralph’s time up on 20:58 - Sep 28 with 982 viewsSadoldgit

Is Ralph’s time up on 19:37 - Sep 28 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Yes that's how I read it? Incidentally - when was the last time - our beloved Chairman was seen in the flesh - looking after his clubs and fans interests? ..... DO NOT LAUGH --- I'm being serious !

He lives in China.
Is Ralph’s time up on 21:06 - Sep 28 with 972 viewsElijahK

Is Ralph’s time up on 20:58 - Sep 28 by Sadoldgit

He lives in China.

Ok… I mean it’s not like he had a season ticket before covid or such, and seeing how rich he is I’d certainly of thought that he’s watch more than like 1 game every 2/3 seasons live
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 21:06]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Is Ralph’s time up on 00:26 - Sep 29 with 922 viewsRon11

Is Ralph’s time up on 10:25 - Sep 28 by SaintNick

This thread is not about Gao, it is about Ralph Hasenhuttl and his ability to do the job at Saints.

If we sack Ralph then the next manager will be in exactly the same boat.

The fact is that Gao can't put the money in either if he wanted to because of World Politics, the fact is that few owners are actually investing much in their clubs these days.

Gao isnt the worst owner imaginable, he isn't even the worst owner in the Premier League Mike Ashley at Newcastle and the owners of Burnley who bought the club for £200 million and then leveraged the debt on to the club would probably qualify for that accolade.

We have to deal with the situation we are in, not what we would like it to be, I don't defend Gao I just accept that at the moment little can change and I also look at Burnley and think we are better sticking with Gao than that.

I have never said Gao is an excellent owner I have always maintained he hasn't been a bad one so far, when he mortgages St Mary's to get some of his £200 million back you can moan at him.

The fact that we are a mid table side doesn't mean we are in decline, what it does mean is there are 12 sides who have better resources that us, not because the owner puts money in, but because they have bigger gates and therefore bigger incomes.

I am sick to death of people whinging about what we haven't got, it is something we have never had either so why is it so important to you and others.

Saints have always run as a business, now is no different to under Markus or any other owner.

I feel for some people the time is up for them supporting Saints, they get no pleasure out of it because they continually want something that has never been there and possibly will never be, yet they will accept nothing less.

I knew that when we reached the FA cup semi final in 2018 and sold only 25,000 tickets, it was embarrassing and all we had on social media was people whinging about everything, If you can't enjoy an FA Cup semi final what can you enjoy.

Gao probably looked at that game and thought what was the point in investing, they aren't interested even when there is a glimpse of a trophy.

But the next manager might play Kyle Walker-Peters on the right...and start Perraud on the left..and maybe even have KWP and Livramento overlapping up the right wing.
No...surely not.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Ralph’s time up on 03:38 - Sep 29 with 898 viewsButty101

Is Ralph’s time up on 12:28 - Sep 28 by SaintNick

Surely this is just click bait and you don’t really believe what you write.

Gao will happily sell to anyone who meets the asking price. Just like Kat did.

As for your comment about the fa cup semi final, WALOB. I knew some where along the line it would be the fans fault in your eyes.

Edit - why is Mike Ashley a worse owner ? He has actually invested his own money. Not to Everton’s level but he has !
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 3:41]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Is Ralph’s time up on 10:57 - Sep 29 with 830 viewsKennington

Is Ralph’s time up on 20:58 - Sep 28 by Sadoldgit

He lives in China.

That’s Gao’s problem though not ours. I see plenty of international businessmen, musicians are managing just fine to come to the U.K. He choose to buy a club thousands of miles from his home and now he should have racked up a lot of airmiles. It’s like us buying a club in China, giving some vague instructions to some back room staff and telling them not to bother us and by the way we’re not planning on even visiting the club. Does he even have a house on the U.K.? At least the Man City and Chelsea owners have properties here.

Gao’s tenure has been very poor and I’m not sure how anyone can argue any differently, He’s overseen a weakening of pretty much every position in the first team, which is the focus of the club or should be.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Is Ralph’s time up on 12:46 - Sep 29 with 791 viewsButty101

Is Ralph’s time up on 10:57 - Sep 29 by Kennington

That’s Gao’s problem though not ours. I see plenty of international businessmen, musicians are managing just fine to come to the U.K. He choose to buy a club thousands of miles from his home and now he should have racked up a lot of airmiles. It’s like us buying a club in China, giving some vague instructions to some back room staff and telling them not to bother us and by the way we’re not planning on even visiting the club. Does he even have a house on the U.K.? At least the Man City and Chelsea owners have properties here.

Gao’s tenure has been very poor and I’m not sure how anyone can argue any differently, He’s overseen a weakening of pretty much every position in the first team, which is the focus of the club or should be.

If anyone has any doubts about how the first team and the squad has deteriorated since GAO bought the club. Have a look at the 2016/17 squad (the season before he bought us). Possibly either of our right backs , Jwp and Stuart Armstrong would get in that team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016—17_Southampton_F.C._season

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Is Ralph’s time up on 16:33 - Oct 1 with 648 viewsPoirot

His time was up when we lost nine nil at old trafford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024