Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Out 08:49 - Dec 5 with 6827 viewskingolaf

Please!

He is an absolute joke. Now he’s trying to blame it on McCarthy. Was he having a cup of tea when Lyanco was taking a goal kick?

If he was a player making the amount of mistakes that he does, he would struggle to play Wessex League.

Attendances are gradually going down. It’s not difficult to see why. I’ve never been a fan of the manager, he just doesn’t learn.

I’m not particularly bothered about who we get in ( barring Big Sam ). Anyone could get a better tune out of that squad than Ralph.
Ralph Out on 09:20 - Dec 5 with 3724 viewsMrangry25

I agree with you, the bloke is just a stubborn old man who will NOT be told he is wrong.
The team lineup today was what I really expected and we played well for the first half, but wtf goes on at half time team talks seems to totally change the teams mentality and we just fall apart, and what does RH do about it, ABSOLUTELY F**K ALL until it is too late.

I was surprised today by the attendance seeing as it was a local derby game but as some have said on other threads they are sick to death of the disappointment every week and going away from the ground frustrated and angry. God help us at Arsenal next week. COYR
Ralph Out on 09:53 - Dec 5 with 3659 viewsinthebox

The question is why didn't MC not want tell Ralph how bad his injury was? Ralph says it was unprofessional. Sounds like there is a lack confidence in communication between player and manager.
Ralph Out on 09:56 - Dec 5 with 3642 viewsJaySaint

Ralph Out on 09:53 - Dec 5 by inthebox

The question is why didn't MC not want tell Ralph how bad his injury was? Ralph says it was unprofessional. Sounds like there is a lack confidence in communication between player and manager.

Ralph must have seen Lyanco take goal kicks way before that, ffs

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ralph Out on 10:29 - Dec 5 with 3590 viewsRon11

Ralph Out on 09:56 - Dec 5 by JaySaint

I can't imagine any other manager not knowing or wanting to know what was going on.
The Brighton manger certainly did, even with a man down they went for it.
Ralph's been winging it since Rohl left, no doubt about it.
Ralph Out on 10:48 - Dec 5 with 3544 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Out on 09:56 - Dec 5 by JaySaint

He did but he said that he wasn’t told how serious the injury was. Usually a player goes to ground and the physios have a look at them. Did McCarthy get treatment? Pin blame where it is due. If McCarthy doesn’t communicate that he is struggling should we employ a mind reader to let the manager know? How many of us thought he was badly injured when Lycano too the goal kick? I certainly didn’t. It isn’t Ralph’s fault we dropped two points today. We had enough good chances to be at least two up at half time. JWP and Romeu didn’t cover themselves with glory over the equaliser.
Ralph Out on 11:27 - Dec 5 with 3478 viewsButty101

Ralph Out on 10:29 - Dec 5 by Ron11

I can't imagine any other manager not knowing or wanting to know what was going on.
The Brighton manger certainly did, even with a man down they went for it.
Ralph's been winging it since Rohl left, no doubt about it.

Time for him to go.

Hes been giving a decent amount of time. We are as bad as when he took over. Now saddled with the likes of Walcott eating up big money.

The premiership churn of managers, has meant plenty of clubs have changed managers in the time hes been here. If he was doing a standout job, he would of been poached by now.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Out on 13:08 - Dec 5 with 3335 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph Out on 10:48 - Dec 5 by Sadoldgit

He did but he said that he wasn’t told how serious the injury was. Usually a player goes to ground and the physios have a look at them. Did McCarthy get treatment? Pin blame where it is due. If McCarthy doesn’t communicate that he is struggling should we employ a mind reader to let the manager know? How many of us thought he was badly injured when Lycano too the goal kick? I certainly didn’t. It isn’t Ralph’s fault we dropped two points today. We had enough good chances to be at least two up at half time. JWP and Romeu didn’t cover themselves with glory over the equaliser.

I'm with you on this one SOG
Is there anyone else out there now that Conte's gone ......................
Ralph Out on 13:11 - Dec 5 with 3310 viewsSaintsforeverj

The view on MOTD was that Ralph was unfair on McCarthy. Ralph saw Lyanco taking the goal kicks. I'm of the view now, that the manager should have seen this and enquired as to why this was happening. He might not have known how serious the injury was, but he should have tried to find out, as soon as Lyanco started taking the goal kicks. Surely, Ralph should have shouted to his captain, why isn't McCarthy taking the goal kicks? The squad won't be happy if they feel Ralph has publicly been unfair.

We are still joint 11th. Saints won't sack him with this being the case. But, I do see the frustration that the same thing keeps happening time, time and time again.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 13:13]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Out on 13:23 - Dec 5 with 3288 viewspjt50

Normally I would defend Ralph but I don't think criticising your players in public is ever a great idea — especially accusing them of being unprofessional. What does it do for trust between the manager & one of his key players?

I was a bit doubtful when Ralph called out Obafemi last season but it seems like the bloke did have a bit of an attitude problem & probably needed a kick up the backside. This is different.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ralph Out on 13:28 - Dec 5 with 3273 viewsTripleNiemi

Ralph Out on 11:27 - Dec 5 by Butty101

Time for him to go.

Hes been giving a decent amount of time. We are as bad as when he took over. Now saddled with the likes of Walcott eating up big money.

The premiership churn of managers, has meant plenty of clubs have changed managers in the time hes been here. If he was doing a standout job, he would of been poached by now.

Nothing is going to change anytime soon on the manager front imho as a) we are still above the drop zone, b) Saints FC as a club are skint / in debt and c) the club is up for sale to the next Gaydamak or disaster deemed 'fit and proper' by the authorities.

That said, i am still (deluded, i know) not in the Ralph out camp as i swear we would only get in Bertie Bassett as a replacement. The days of the club bringing in an appointment of 'Ronald Koemans' stature are long gone until the club is sold. Therein lay the problem as rich benefactors are not waiting in the wings. If i had an eye on Saints i would sit tight until the inevitable and then buy us on the cheap.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 13:30]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph Out on 13:30 - Dec 5 with 3266 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph Out on 13:23 - Dec 5 by pjt50

Normally I would defend Ralph but I don't think criticising your players in public is ever a great idea — especially accusing them of being unprofessional. What does it do for trust between the manager & one of his key players?

I was a bit doubtful when Ralph called out Obafemi last season but it seems like the bloke did have a bit of an attitude problem & probably needed a kick up the backside. This is different.

I agree with you that calling one of your key players unprofessional in public is likely to cause problems. In this case, Ward-Prowse was also guilty with his ridiculous pass across the box, Romeu was guilty too for the foul outside the box, and the whole team for not communicating. To slam one player, when it's debatable whose fault this is, could affect the squad and they may take a dislike to Ralph for this.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 13:32]

Ralph Out on 13:31 - Dec 5 with 3263 viewsNumber_58

Bizarrely, in his Solent post match interview Ralph claimed he didn't sub McCarthy because FF wasn't on the bench, which doesn't say much for poor old Harry Lewis. What's he going to do next week? Rush goalie?
Ralph Out on 13:37 - Dec 5 with 3251 viewsTripleNiemi

Ralph Out on 13:31 - Dec 5 by Number_58

Bizarrely, in his Solent post match interview Ralph claimed he didn't sub McCarthy because FF wasn't on the bench, which doesn't say much for poor old Harry Lewis. What's he going to do next week? Rush goalie?

Do not joke.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph Out on 13:45 - Dec 5 with 3232 viewspjt50

Ralph Out on 13:31 - Dec 5 by Number_58

If he's not good enough to act as an occasional stand-in why are we paying him over £1 million a year (according to Spotrac)?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ralph Out on 13:56 - Dec 5 with 3196 viewssaint68

Mutiny in the camp, the half time chats from Ralph do seem to completely derail the first half performances...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ralph Out on 14:14 - Dec 5 with 3162 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph Out on 13:30 - Dec 5 by Saintsforeverj

I agree with you that calling one of your key players unprofessional in public is likely to cause problems. In this case, Ward-Prowse was also guilty with his ridiculous pass across the box, Romeu was guilty too for the foul outside the box, and the whole team for not communicating. To slam one player, when it's debatable whose fault this is, could affect the squad and they may take a dislike to Ralph for this.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 13:32]

So it is player power then that will get Ralph out?

Very difficult one as we don't know what happens behind the scenes or (to my knowledge) does anyone on here have inside information as to what does happen, or played pro football at this level to fully understand the goings on at this level

Saint 68 does however seem to have it right in that how on earth can the first half performances we are used to now seeing change so dramatically in the 2nd. Players or manager? Could be either
Ralph Out on 14:26 - Dec 5 with 3131 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph Out on 14:14 - Dec 5 by kingslandstand1

So it is player power then that will get Ralph out?

Very difficult one as we don't know what happens behind the scenes or (to my knowledge) does anyone on here have inside information as to what does happen, or played pro football at this level to fully understand the goings on at this level

Saint 68 does however seem to have it right in that how on earth can the first half performances we are used to now seeing change so dramatically in the 2nd. Players or manager? Could be either

Not sure in this case if it's player power, just that they might resent / mistrust Ralph for slamming a player in a public, when it's very debatable whose fault this was. Ralph could have easily blamed Ward-Prowse for his pass across the box, playing the Brighton player onside, not informing Ralph or Romeu for giving away a free kick. It can cause resentment, sense of injustice amongst the squad if they disagree about whose fault it was. Ralph could have just said many mistakes were made by a few players and kept it inside the dressing room. I tend to blame Ward-Prowse more for his ridiculous pass across our own box in the 98tj minute, yet he got away without blame.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 14:29]

Ralph Out on 15:40 - Dec 5 with 3043 viewsI_would

Thought Ralph might have subbed McCarthy at 85mins for Walcott. He could have waved his silly bun about on the goal line and put all the Brighton players off.

I've been saying Ralph out for 2+ years now, he's the worst manager in the Prem and now he's publicly turned on his own players to try to protect himself it's all over, we're down.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ralph Out on 15:47 - Dec 5 with 3021 viewsSadoldgit

The worse manager in the Premiership yet he keeps a team up with little money and an average squad. Ok.
Ralph Out on 15:54 - Dec 5 with 3016 viewsI_would

Ralph Out on 15:47 - Dec 5 by Sadoldgit

The worse manager in the Premiership yet he keeps a team up with little money and an average squad. Ok.

If we've got no money how come we can pay £90k per minute to Long and £100k pw for a comedy Captain? Having said that he was hilarious yesterday running up and down like a broken vintage table horse-racing game.

But then you didn't watch the game did you?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ralph Out on 17:49 - Dec 5 with 2881 viewsButty101

Ralph Out on 15:47 - Dec 5 by Sadoldgit

We have the 14 biggest wage bill, so he is nearly hitting par. As I said on another thread. Other clubs don’t think he’s doing an amazing job as they haven’t come in for him.
What players has he improved in 3 years? He hasn’t brought any youngsters through and there’s an argument that several have regressed- valery, Gunn etc

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Out on 22:53 - Dec 5 with 2724 viewsForeverred

Surely it was McCarthy responsibly to inform the bench he had a problem by going down so that the medical team could come on to assess the damage ,then they could single to the bench to make a change . I do not think Ralph could be blame for that, the main problem was the poor pass by JWP he could have kick it out of play deep into Brighton half with only a minute to play that was just a suicide pass giving Brighton the chance to counter when they should have been dead and buried. But in truth we should have been 3 nil up and the game should have been over. Until we can turn our superiority in stats into goals then we will continue to struggle, there were times yesterday when a simple pass to another player in the box in a better scoring position then the game could have been over by half time , broga is a fine young player, and he was my MOTM, but he must learn not to go for the glory when a team mate maybe in a better position to score.
Ralph Out on 23:40 - Dec 5 with 2688 viewsSaintsforeverj

The ironic thing about all of this is that the majority of us were of the opinion that McCarthy shouldn't be in goal. Now Ralph is upset with him, the man who stuck with him when most thought he shouldn't have. I wonder what Forster would have done.on Saturday.

Ralph Out on 23:57 - Dec 5 with 2684 viewsDorsetIan

On the percentages, what JWP did running back to the line to (we presume) support McCarthy wasn't so bad. As soon as the free kick hit the wall he was sprinting back to get in line with the other defenders, so he definitely knew the risk he was running...

...but (1) the ball rebounded so nicely to Moder and (2) he played it so quickly and accurately to Maupay that JWP was nowhere near getting back. I'd say the likelihood of those two things happening were pretty low. And bringing on Harry Lewis just before the free kick was taken would have brought its own risks.

And it made no difference because he was miles on, but the speed with which Maupay controlled and shot were also pretty impressive.

I don't particularly like to praise the opposition but it took away a tiny bit of the pain for me to see the skill involved in their goal, and I think JWP was pretty unlucky.

(He wasn't unlucky though in giving the ball away to lead to the free kick and Romeu's tackle was pretty poor too - the pass and tackle of two very tired men, I'd say.)

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Out on 07:35 - Dec 6 with 2572 viewssaintwizzler

The owner isn’t going to pay £15m to pay off Hassenhüttl’s remaining 2.5 years on his contract so we are stuck with him.
He, while we remain out of the bottom three, is untouchable.

I’d love him to succeed but it’s the same old shit game after game.
Bored of it now.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024