Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Birthday Franny Benali 13:30 - Dec 30 with 716 viewsTimSaint

Many Happy Returns Franny
53 today

Caught a piece about his charity work on some Sky football programme late last night - which also had a feature on Pogatetz and Paul Ince. Only 10 mins on Franny, but worth watching if you can find it.

Franny was my cousin's favourite player and it still bugs him that he was on holiday when he scored his one and only Saints goal (at the right end) and of course I rubbed it in big time and even bought the T-Shirt.

TimSaint

Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 685 viewsSaintNick

Read his book over Xmas a good read

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 18:42 - Dec 30 with 586 viewskingslandstand1

Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 13:51 - Dec 30 by SaintNick

Got the book in my Xmas stocking, and signed (!) so looking forward to the read
Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 19:09 - Dec 30 with 578 viewssolent_toffee

He was the pundit for your game against Spurs the other day, head and shoulders above the vast majority of the pundits these days. He’s very insightful, clearly knows his stuff, unbiased and tells it how it it without any preconceived cliches. He also doesn’t act like a pantomime clown making it all about him. Also comes across as a humble, likeable fella.

Sky are missing a trick by not having him on more, but then again he’s probably the exact opposite of the clowns they like to employ.
Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 19:44 - Dec 30 with 548 viewsA1079

A man of tremendous honesty, dignity and as Solent Toffee put it nicely, has a true love of SFC and football but is not coloured in his judgement by the club he supports.
Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 20:24 - Dec 30 with 529 viewsBicester_North

Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 19:09 - Dec 30 by solent_toffee

He was the pundit for your game against Spurs the other day, head and shoulders above the vast majority of the pundits these days. He’s very insightful, clearly knows his stuff, unbiased and tells it how it it without any preconceived cliches. He also doesn’t act like a pantomime clown making it all about him. Also comes across as a humble, likeable fella.

Sky are missing a trick by not having him on more, but then again he’s probably the exact opposite of the clowns they like to employ.

Excellently put, couldn’t agree more.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 21:56 - Dec 30 with 483 viewsSaintsforeverj

Happy Birthday Franny Benali on 13:51 - Dec 30 by SaintNick

I'm part way through reading the book. It is superb. He talks about Glenn Hoddle expecting far too much, for the quality of the squad, asking the players to do things on the training pitch they couldn't do! He talks about Graeme Souness, being brutally honest and way over the top, shouting at players in the dressing room. One particular game (I remember it well), Coventry at home when Benali made a mistake for Coventry to make it 2 all, he was shouted at and told off in the dressing room by a really angry Souness. Benali fought back and had a row. So much other stuff in the book about Lowe, Dave Jones, Alan Ball, Merrington. Ofcourse he also talks about his charity work. It's an absolutely brilliant Christmas present! And yeah Franny is a top man.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 22:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024