Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread 09:23 - Jan 11 with 3570 viewsSaintNick

Get the matchday thread in early as the day unfolds

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Jan 11 with 891 viewsCity_boy

Great all round team performance. Every player really put in a great shift.

Nice to see Brentford get a taste of their own medicine, conceding goals from long balls.
They really are awful to watch and Tony was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Jan 11 with 890 viewsHeisenberg

Yep superb. Great all round performance and nice to see the new owner enjoying it. JWP was immense tonight. That tackle to save a certain goal summed him up. Runs his heart out for the team.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Jan 11 with 881 viewsgrumpy

I must say I admire those who always had belief in Ralph,I have had my doubts from time to time but he's proved me wrong.
He's a good Manager, please give him some money now.
Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Jan 11 with 860 viewsBison

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Jan 11 by grumpy

I must say I admire those who always had belief in Ralph,I have had my doubts from time to time but he's proved me wrong.

The stream I watched at Tim Sherwood on and basically said you can see the players like him , he has a technical knowledge and if it wasnt for the two 9-0's the big boys would be after him.

I think its time to get off his back and trust him now , I think he has done very well with what tools he has , there may be some blips but please dont drive him out and we end up with a Bruce or Allardyce type.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Jan 11 with 798 viewsSadoldgit

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Jan 11 by Bison

The stream I watched at Tim Sherwood on and basically said you can see the players like him , he has a technical knowledge and if it wasnt for the two 9-0's the big boys would be after him.

I think its time to get off his back and trust him now , I think he has done very well with what tools he has , there may be some blips but please dont drive him out and we end up with a Bruce or Allardyce type.

What an excellent all round performance after a taxing cup match with extra time. Brentford were no great shakes but you can only play what is in front of you and we put in a really solid team performance. Great to see us taking our chances and better still to see the wide smile on Ralph’s face. He has weathered a storm and looks like he is really enjoying our performances. So glad that we kept hold of him when we were struggling. Happy days!
Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Jan 11 with 800 viewsericofarabia

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Jan 11 by Bison

Sherwood being a complete skate bellend all evening.
HT saying Bedz fouled Toney before he scored.
After saying Big boys will be after Broja, and but for 9 nils for Ralph as well

PS Skates knocked out of efl cup by Cambridge tonight
Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:13 - Jan 11 with 793 viewsBicester_North

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Jan 11 by grumpy

Agree he has his strange days when it can be frustrating but the right man for the job no doubt.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:25 - Jan 11 with 750 viewssaintwizzler

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:13 - Jan 11 by Bicester_North

Agree he has his strange days when it can be frustrating but the right man for the job no doubt.

Fair play to Hassenhüttl tonight.
He needs to do it more regularly.
With new owners maybe it’s his kick up the arsé.
We can afford to sack him now.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Jan 11 with 707 viewsButty101

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:25 - Jan 11 by saintwizzler

Good solid win, just what we needed.

I’m still not quite in the Ralph camp. For me his teams are either hot or cold . No denying the players are behind him. Let’s hope the new owners give him the tools.

The echo is saying we are after Henderson the Man U keeper. This is based on a betting website odds....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Jan 11 with 687 viewsBison

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Jan 11 by Butty101

I’m still not quite in the Ralph camp. For me his teams are either hot or cold . No denying the players are behind him. Let’s hope the new owners give him the tools.

The echo is saying we are after Henderson the Man U keeper. This is based on a betting website odds....

Bookies rarely get it wrong , really hope this has substance. Forster was good tonight but his time is over at the wages hes been on.

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:54 - Jan 11 with 683 viewsSaintsforeverj

And Ralphs hands are perhaps being untied. I have a feeling we will see Ralph thrive under new ownership. He is cracking manager and had to work under ridiculous restraints.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:59 - Jan 11 with 668 viewsBison

I'll translate ....

Fair play to Hassenhüttl tonight. Best win since 2017 best show some enthusiasm
He needs to do it more regularly. Still dont like the man
With new owners maybe it’s his kick up the arsé. I can do better than him.
We can afford to sack him now. Shit , school in morning and ive not done my maths homework..

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Jan 11 with 654 viewsButty101

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Jan 11 by Bison

Bookies rarely get it wrong , really hope this has substance. Forster was good tonight but his time is over at the wages hes been on.

More interesting Ralph has come out and said to the owners sign Broja permanently. Now that would really put a marker down.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Jan 11 with 636 viewsBison

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Jan 11 by Butty101

More interesting Ralph has come out and said to the owners sign Broja permanently. Now that would really put a marker down.

He reminds me of Shearer , he has height , strength , skill and not a small amount of pace.

I reckon at some point in his career he will be sold for £100million +.

Hope the moneyballers see it as well , but would love to see him in our colours for a few more years.

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:22 - Jan 11 with 619 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Jan 11 by Butty101

There have been a lot more "hots" than we ever did under Hughes, Pellegrino and other past managers. Give him some investment in the team, untie his hands and watch his pressing, attacking team blow teams away.

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Jan 11 with 618 viewsBridders2

It's been a tough ride, but you can see the team getting better and better, and I was waiting for things to click into place...this result could be the turning point in our season. Everybody has gradually improved including Forster, and Broja gives us that threat up front. You can feel the improvement. Exciting times.
Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:24 - Jan 11 with 615 viewsdirk_doone

Back from the game and what an enjoyable game it was. It reminded me of how we used to beat teams back in 2016. Brentford were outclassed and surprisingly we dominated them in the second half as well.

Forster, Diallo, Ward-Prowse, Broja etc etc were all outstanding.

The poor Brentford fans did ask for it, after what they sang when they scored and duly got, "You're just a small town in Reading." I almost felt sorry for them but they have had some great results this season, including 3-3 draw with Liverpool. The young German midfielder Janelt impressed me, not just for his goal, but for the way he played all game.

These new owners are magic.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:25 - Jan 11 with 611 viewsA1079

I have seen absolutely nothing of the game due to work but when I saw the result I could not be more happy at the end of a very long day. When is the last time we scored 4 goals in a PL game? But, the win, such an important win. At the risk of getting ahead of myself and being brought down to earth with a bump on Saturday (a game I hope to attend) I sense that something is stirring and finally moving in the right direction.

I saw nothing, I heard nothing but the joy of just finding out your team has won - sheer pleasure,
Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:31 - Jan 11 with 591 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:24 - Jan 11 by dirk_doone

Back from the game and what an enjoyable game it was. It reminded me of how we used to beat teams back in 2016. Brentford were outclassed and surprisingly we dominated them in the second half as well.

Forster, Diallo, Ward-Prowse, Broja etc etc were all outstanding.

The poor Brentford fans did ask for it, after what they sang when they scored and duly got, "You're just a small town in Reading." I almost felt sorry for them but they have had some great results this season, including 3-3 draw with Liverpool. The young German midfielder Janelt impressed me, not just for his goal, but for the way he played all game.

These new owners are magic.

Agreed Dirk. Very enjoyable evening. Despite not being full, it felt like an air of excitement in the stands about the future. Fans were singing in the streets after the game, cars beeping their horns, and the team was outstanding. We were even clinical and strong. To see pictures of the owner celebrating in the stands and Ralph doing olays with the fans is great. Brilliant evening

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 00:05 - Jan 12 with 551 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 23:22 - Jan 11 by Saintsforeverj

There have been a lot more "hots" than we ever did under Hughes, Pellegrino and other past managers. Give him some investment in the team, untie his hands and watch his pressing, attacking team blow teams away.

I agree, just think of those turgid affairs we had to endure during Puels reign (regardless of where we finished in the league or the cup final). Have never been in the Ralph out camp personally although i think that was more to do with fear of who we would get in to replace him.

Glad i went tonight and great to see the team produce a convincing win albeit against a Brentford side that i expected a bit more from tbh.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 00:14 - Jan 12 with 539 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 00:05 - Jan 12 by TripleNiemi

I agree, just think of those turgid affairs we had to endure during Puels reign (regardless of where we finished in the league or the cup final). Have never been in the Ralph out camp personally although i think that was more to do with fear of who we would get in to replace him.

Glad i went tonight and great to see the team produce a convincing win albeit against a Brentford side that i expected a bit more from tbh.

After all the difficulties, would love to see Ralph lift a cup for the club he has been at for longer than any manager in recent times. I have always supported Ralph, love his passion and would love to see him thrive under the new owners.

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 00:14 - Jan 12 with 539 viewsdarthvader

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 16:14 - Jan 11 by darthvader

If we can keep 11 on the pitch i can see us scoring 3 so im going for a 3-1 folks

Not too far away with that prediction , i was wanting to say we will score "at least 3 goals tonight" but didnt want u lot to think me of unsound of mind . Which ofcourse, i am .

Anyway fan bloody tastic !! Brilliant atmosphere and result . Perfect in front of our new owners .

Scoring a few more goals in recent games too and with jwp on form again . Long may in continue

keep the faith coyr

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Jan 12 with 535 viewspjt50

Arguably some of our most effective football this season has come using this formation, but would Ralph ever consider giving up his 4-2-2-2 — particularly now the playbook has got the whole club using it (can't vouch for the women's team)?

Otherwise whoever gets dropped from midfield can consider themselves very unlucky.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 00:40 - Jan 12 with 503 viewsBison

I am not sure who I despise the most , Boris Johnson or the bed Wetters that demanded we replace Ralf.

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 01:07 - Jan 12 with 488 viewsBison

Saints V Brentford Matchday Thread on 00:40 - Jan 12 by Bison

I am not sure who I despise the most , Boris Johnson or the bed Wetters that demanded we replace Ralf.

Speaking to myself , but it is a fair point.

If we had sacked Ralf and got in Georgio St'Minger we would again be rebuilding.

Just watched match again and I must Smile , we played well :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024