Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja 12:55 - Feb 10 with 3081 viewsBLEEDRED

As his value seems to go up every game, what is the maximum fee Saints should pay to sign him- 30 40 50 million? Or will Chelsea just take him back no matter what Saints offer
Broja on 13:10 - Feb 10 with 3054 viewsTimSaint

It is a real shame that we couldn't get something agreed in the January window and perhaps bought him with a Buy Back Clause, as his stock is now rising by the game.

I think his performances have now priced him out of any move to Saints, unless Chelsea want a Buy Back. I can't see it though, as I'm sure the likes of Newcastle will offer twice as much as we can afford in terms of purchase price and wages.

Our only hope now is that if the player himself is desperate to come to us and continue his development, that he can somehow convince Chelsea to sell him to us at 'mates rates', or at least loan him to us again for an additional season.

TimSaint

Broja on 13:14 - Feb 10 with 3041 viewsButty101

Broja on 13:10 - Feb 10 by TimSaint

It is a real shame that we couldn't get something agreed in the January window and perhaps bought him with a Buy Back Clause, as his stock is now rising by the game.

I think his performances have now priced him out of any move to Saints, unless Chelsea want a Buy Back. I can't see it though, as I'm sure the likes of Newcastle will offer twice as much as we can afford in terms of purchase price and wages.

Our only hope now is that if the player himself is desperate to come to us and continue his development, that he can somehow convince Chelsea to sell him to us at 'mates rates', or at least loan him to us again for an additional season.

You might find that Chelsea wont want to deal with Newcastle as they are threat to them.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Broja on 13:43 - Feb 10 with 2976 viewsMytchettSaint

I would settle for him staying on loan for another season if it meant he was still with us then. I think and hope that scenario might suit Chelsea as well.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Broja on 14:16 - Feb 10 with 2927 viewsPoirot

It will come down to the player im sure and chelsea wont sell to anyone without the buy back clause, which will put many clubs off. Chelsea do need to create some profits from player sales im sure looking at their last financial results.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 14:30]
Broja on 14:17 - Feb 10 with 2924 viewsericofarabia

Broja on 13:14 - Feb 10 by Butty101

You might find that Chelsea wont want to deal with Newcastle as they are threat to them.

I can't see Chelsea plummeting down towards the bottom 3 to be honest!!
Broja on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 2880 viewssaints__fan__73

Out of our price range now. It's jut a question if Chelsea want to loan him out to us for a 2nd year before cashing in.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Broja on 16:14 - Feb 10 with 2765 viewsDorsetIan

I think he's a special player. His strength and speed remind me of 'fat' Ronaldo. And he has added so much to out attacking threat.

But as time goes on defenders will work him out a little. Even yesterday early doors the Spurs defenders were staying tight to him and getting tackles in before he had a chance to nick the ball and sprint away.

He's also showing signs of being a little too selfish. Selfishness not a bad quality per se in a striker but couple of times yesterday, he should have passed. Also after he'd scored he ran towards Perraud and it looked like he was going to celebrate with him (great pass) but he ran straight past him. I thought that was a bit poor.

So...who knows what he's going to be worth in the summer, but he ain't the finished article just yet. I would pay £25m-£30m for him now.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Broja on 16:29 - Feb 10 with 2738 viewsWaylander

Broja on 16:14 - Feb 10 by DorsetIan

I think he's a special player. His strength and speed remind me of 'fat' Ronaldo. And he has added so much to out attacking threat.

But as time goes on defenders will work him out a little. Even yesterday early doors the Spurs defenders were staying tight to him and getting tackles in before he had a chance to nick the ball and sprint away.

He's also showing signs of being a little too selfish. Selfishness not a bad quality per se in a striker but couple of times yesterday, he should have passed. Also after he'd scored he ran towards Perraud and it looked like he was going to celebrate with him (great pass) but he ran straight past him. I thought that was a bit poor.

So...who knows what he's going to be worth in the summer, but he ain't the finished article just yet. I would pay £25m-£30m for him now.

He certainly isn't the finished article, if he was he'd have had 3 last night.
Login to get fewer ads

Broja on 18:06 - Feb 10 with 2662 viewsMytchettSaint

Broja on 16:14 - Feb 10 by DorsetIan

I like the fact he’s got that selfish streak rather than some of the fannying around that goes on with other players when they get near the opposition goal.

Broja on 18:40 - Feb 10 with 2612 viewskingslandstand1

Broja on 18:06 - Feb 10 by MytchettSaint

I like the fact he’s got that selfish streak rather than some of the fannying around that goes on with other players when they get near the opposition goal.

The selfish streak is def a good thing, but there are times we have seen when he should know when to pass, but that will come
Broja on 19:02 - Feb 10 with 2593 viewsNYC_Saint

Broja on 13:10 - Feb 10 by TimSaint

Buy back clause a great option for both parties: it protects Chelsea if he become world class and they want him back, it protects Chelsea if he just becomes really good and some else wants him (they bank difference between buy back clause and sale price) and if we put a two year effective clause in it, we get him for two seasons minimum and likely make a chunky profit at the end.

Given how well he’s coming on and how little pressure there is on him as he keeps developing here I hope there’s a sliver of a chance this happens. However, as per “lifelong saints fan” Danny Ings, if another deal pays a few grand a week more then there’s a 95% chance he takes the incremental cash and runs. Second year loan with option to buy a close second best. Unfortunately there’s too much cash away from us to really compete unless we can structure a deal that protects the new owners.
Broja on 20:02 - Feb 10 with 2547 viewskingslandstand1

Broja on 18:06 - Feb 10 by MytchettSaint

The selfish streak is def a good thing, but there are times we have seen when he should know when to pass, but that will come
Broja on 21:08 - Feb 14 with 2144 viewsSadoldgit

Arsenal said to be interested in him now.
Broja on 06:21 - Feb 15 with 2015 viewssolent_toffee

Broja on 21:08 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

Arsenal said to be interested in him now.

Arsenal have shown an interest in DCL in the past year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go there and Everton go in for Broja (if Everton stay up).

Everton’s new assistant manager, Joe Edwards, oversaw the Chelsea academy working with Mount, James, Tomori, Broja, Livramento etc so I think Everton will be getting linked with some of these players in the Summer. Not Mount or James obviously, way out of their league.
Broja on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 1880 views1885_SFC

Broja's season so far...

Old School is Cool

Broja on 13:23 - Feb 15 with 1828 views1teeminants

Broja on 06:21 - Feb 15 by solent_toffee

Arsenal have shown an interest in DCL in the past year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go there and Everton go in for Broja (if Everton stay up).

Everton’s new assistant manager, Joe Edwards, oversaw the Chelsea academy working with Mount, James, Tomori, Broja, Livramento etc so I think Everton will be getting linked with some of these players in the Summer. Not Mount or James obviously, way out of their league.

No offence toffee, even though Everton are bigger than Saints (not that the size of a club should have anything to do with it ) i really don’t think he would consider going to you as you’re not that big a pull at the moment IMO and I’m pretty certain all the big clubs will be interested in the summer as well . I read somewhere today that Byern Munich and Dortmund are sniffing around him too.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Broja on 13:31 - Feb 15 with 1815 views1885_SFC

I can't see Chelsea selling him to any of their rivals no matter how much money is offered. Why sell to Arsenal, Newcastle£££, West Ham etc when one of the big European clubs will no doubt want him? I know Broja himself will have a say where he goes, but I get the feeling that if anything, he'll want to return to Chelsea and prove a point.

Old School is Cool

Broja on 13:34 - Feb 15 with 1810 viewsMytchettSaint

If he’s got 4 years left on his Chelsea contract why would they sell him at all this summer? I can see him being loaned out next season. I just get the feeling it won’t be with us.

Broja on 13:51 - Feb 15 with 1791 views1teeminants

Broja on 13:34 - Feb 15 by MytchettSaint

If he’s got 4 years left on his Chelsea contract why would they sell him at all this summer? I can see him being loaned out next season. I just get the feeling it won’t be with us.

He may not even be loaned out. I think Chelsea will want to look at him in pre season and they’ll probably keep him if he impresses.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Broja on 14:07 - Feb 15 with 1776 viewssolent_toffee

Broja on 13:23 - Feb 15 by 1teeminants

No offence toffee, even though Everton are bigger than Saints (not that the size of a club should have anything to do with it ) i really don’t think he would consider going to you as you’re not that big a pull at the moment IMO and I’m pretty certain all the big clubs will be interested in the summer as well . I read somewhere today that Byern Munich and Dortmund are sniffing around him too.

No offence taken, you’re probably right, but there could be a pull for the current ex Chelsea set up currently at Everton particularly from Edwards who has been credited for a lot of the positive development of their academy in recent years.

Dortmund and Bayern will no doubt be sniffing around as they do with all UK bases young talent, both have been after Anthony Gordon for years, I just don’t think that Chelsea will sell to them as it’s likely to bite them when they resale for mega bucks. They had a similar situation with Hudson-Odoi.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024