Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow 14:30 - Mar 4 with 4306 viewsTimSaint

There will be a free Yellow and Blue Scarf for every fan going to Villa tomorrow. They will be left on our seats, as a mark of Solidarity with Ukraine.

Not sure if this will be a 'Saints Away Scarf' or just a Yellow and Blue one, but a nice gesture all the same in these troubled times.

Anyone still got their free 'We March On' or 'EFL Cup Final' scarves, or perhaps their hats from Huddersfield away ?

TimSaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:34 - Mar 7 with 500 viewsSaintNick

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:30 - Mar 7 by TimSaint

Did you see the quality of the scarves ? 50p each at the most to produce !! :-)

As I say it was all about the gesture not the quality of the merchandise

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:21 - Mar 7 with 445 viewsTimSaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:34 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

As I say it was all about the gesture not the quality of the merchandise

At least the scarves were made in the EU - allegedly !! :-)

TimSaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:33 - Mar 7 with 434 viewskentsouthampton

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 10:58 - Mar 5 by franniesTache

I don't need to be a "forum tough guy" i'm just utterly realistic that firstly Russia has banned all coverage of anything that is pro Ukraine and closed down nearly all external media, including social media, so there's very little chance it'll be seen there.

Secondly if we're going to do something i'd rather the club saved that money and donate care parcels to the Ukarine instead, something that makes a tangible difference to people there.

And thirdly I think the viewing figures, even if it got shown, for a midtable english football game between two sides with no Russian or Ukrainian players involved isn't exactly going to be so high it makes the people of Russia think "f*ck it's us who are the bad guys!"

So the only reason i can see that's left is that we're doing it so we feel good about ourselves.

Yep, virtue signalling won't put food on the table.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024