Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The DOUBE Cardiff City thread 09:44 - Mar 12 with 53002 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the little people, when the Jack Army arrives again to take over the village of small folk like an episode of land of the giants this is the matchday thread for the forthcoming game which will see Swansea City make history.

All your relevant nonsense is welcome here, from the bizarre ramblings of Benny and his fictitious pamphlet written by an anus, to the rattling negativity of those we shall not name.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57407/derby-day-countdow

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57420/flynn-away-flynn-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57436/the-south-wales-de

Cardiff City: Alex Smithies; Perry Ng, Aden Flint, Mark McGuinness; Cody Drameh, Tommy Doyle, Joe Ralls (captain), Ryan Wintle, Joel Bagan; Mark Harris, Jordan Hugill.

Substitutes: Dillon Phillips, Will Vaulks, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Nelson, Alfie Doughty,. Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Finley Burns, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57462/watch-the-game-aga

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57464/russell-martin-sum

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57463/swansea-city-smash

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:21 - Apr 5 with 1019 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:09 - Apr 5 by 73__73

Why should anyone acknowledge anything because you want them too ?

You mention contradiction, that’s very hypocritical of you because you contradict yourself every time you watch Swansea play in the English leagues. Why don’t you stop contradicting yourself and being a hypocrite and follow a league of wales club instead.

🇬🇧 Union flags are welcome

I dont have an issue with a Union Jack with SCFC on it, etc at our games.
Imagine if the big club's supporters took a negative attitude towards other flags ?
They draw support from all over the world including Wales.
Bigger issues to argue about.
Live and let live

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:29 - Apr 5 with 1010 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:21 - Apr 5 by STID2017

I dont have an issue with a Union Jack with SCFC on it, etc at our games.
Imagine if the big club's supporters took a negative attitude towards other flags ?
They draw support from all over the world including Wales.
Bigger issues to argue about.
Live and let live

The union jack wavers aren't from across the world though.

That's why they come out more in the derby.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:37 - Apr 5 with 975 views73__73

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:29 - Apr 5 by Chief

The union jack wavers aren't from across the world though.

That's why they come out more in the derby.

What are you talking about. There has been Union flags at the liberty/Swansea.com since the stadium opened.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:54 - Apr 5 with 918 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:37 - Apr 5 by 73__73

What are you talking about. There has been Union flags at the liberty/Swansea.com since the stadium opened.

We had one on our bus in 1985 going to Millwall plus a few of the boys had Union Jack t-shirts.
I think it’s because they are British. 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 11:11 - Apr 5 with 897 views1983

So what happened to diversity and being a diverse club? only when it suits?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:25 - Apr 5 with 839 views73__73

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:54 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

We had one on our bus in 1985 going to Millwall plus a few of the boys had Union Jack t-shirts.

Exactly Keith. It’s hardly a new phenomena.
Only thing I can think of is there has been a small but vocal infestation of welsh nats, since promotion to the PL.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 848 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 18:51 - Apr 4 by 73__73

Just over 27,000

Thank you 73.

The reason I asked is that for a long time having better support than us (purely in numbers) is something that Cardiff City supporters have claimed.

Only having a 21,000 capacity ground means that's all we can sell. For the home game vs Cardiff the Liberty was sold out so it stand to reason that if our ground was bigger we could have sold many more tickets. The only question is how many.

If you were to err on the side of caution you'd say 3000. In reality it would be 4/5/6000. So with a bigger ground it's likely the two crowds would be much the same. Especially as both teams have had fairly similar seasons in terms of table position.

So where does that leave Cardiff in terms of their 'bigger than Swansea' mindset (never mind bigger than Barcelona )
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 12:31 - Apr 5 with 832 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 12:28 - Apr 5 by johnlangy

Thank you 73.

The reason I asked is that for a long time having better support than us (purely in numbers) is something that Cardiff City supporters have claimed.

Only having a 21,000 capacity ground means that's all we can sell. For the home game vs Cardiff the Liberty was sold out so it stand to reason that if our ground was bigger we could have sold many more tickets. The only question is how many.

If you were to err on the side of caution you'd say 3000. In reality it would be 4/5/6000. So with a bigger ground it's likely the two crowds would be much the same. Especially as both teams have had fairly similar seasons in terms of table position.

So where does that leave Cardiff in terms of their 'bigger than Swansea' mindset (never mind bigger than Barcelona )

Both clubs are of similar size for me, regards superiority it doesn’t even come in to question. As we reported yesterday in nineteen games Cardiff have won only 4. They are where they are due to a lack of vision and understanding about passing a football.

Login to get fewer ads

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 12:49 - Apr 5 with 814 viewsChief

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 11:11 - Apr 5 by 1983

So what happened to diversity and being a diverse club? only when it suits?

In reality though we aren't.

95% of people who watch us are Welsh or living away etc and have familial ties.

If we were then great, it was nice to see actual Dutch, Belgians, Hungarians, south Koreans watching us in the Prem, was great to see their flags.

But they weren't projecting themselves (and therefore by association the club) as something else or into conflicts that they or the vast majority of our fans have no connection too. I've asked this before, but how many of our season ticket holders are from Belfast ffs!

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:14 - Apr 5 with 783 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:54 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

I find that shocking and disgraceful in a football sense to be honest, my time of following the Swans week in week out home and away for several seasons was starting to slow down by then, family, shift work etc, I have never seen a union jack in the Swansea end, I would be in the Pant pub until 10 to 3 and then straight out into the street, if the away fans were late me and my mates were out the same time as them then onto the North Bank (occasionally into the double decker if it was against a tasty team), I have never seen a union jack.

Why would anyone want to take a union jack into the home end of a Swansea game ?, football is tribal, a them and us type thing, if people from other parts of the UK want to support the Swans great but taking a flag associated with Welsh teams sporting rivals is not on, the union jack and England is synonymous with each other, it was all union jacks when England played West Germany in the 66 World cup not flag of St George.

I just think it's sad and a pity that people would do that, the whole thing is nothing to do with the British Army, football clubs were and are still seen in lots of cases as representative of the majorities of communities they serve, surely the Welsh dragon flag is more relevant to Swansea FC and the surrounding areas than the union jack ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 13:16 - Apr 5 with 780 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 12:28 - Apr 5 by johnlangy

Thank you 73.

Neither side are particularly glamorous in the championship so we do not get a big pull of fans from outside Wales. We have no real special pull that would make a sizeable differences to attendances.

Cardiff metropolitan population (that includes Bridgend, Newport, valleys so not just the city where a lot of non native cardiffians live) :roughly a million.
Cardiff average home attendance last few years: roughly 23k?
That means roughly 2.3% of their large population bother to go and watch them.

Swansea Metropolitan population: less than 320k
Swansea average home attendance last few years: 17k?
Swansea percentage is double that.

Despite being an hour each way longer for every away supporter and the knowledge that tickets are available in pretty much every part of their ground every game

Little old Swansea far better supported pound for pound.

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:22 - Apr 5 with 771 viewstrampie

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 12:49 - Apr 5 by Chief

If we were then great, it was nice to see actual Dutch, Belgians, Hungarians, south Koreans watching us in the Prem, was great to see their flags.

But they weren't projecting themselves (and therefore by association the club) as something else or into conflicts that they or the vast majority of our fans have no connection too. I've asked this before, but how many of our season ticket holders are from Belfast ffs!

Yes how many season ticket holders from Belfast ?

And if any why ?, surely they would be better suited to teams in England for them to follow, why would they follow a Welsh team, it makes little sense.
England tend to be overwhelming for the union, Wales might be for the union but nowhere near to the same degree or percentage.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:25 - Apr 5 with 754 viewsNotLoyal

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:22 - Apr 5 by trampie

Yes how many season ticket holders from Belfast ?

And if any why ?, surely they would be better suited to teams in England for them to follow, why would they follow a Welsh team, it makes little sense.
England tend to be overwhelming for the union, Wales might be for the union but nowhere near to the same degree or percentage.

I’m not going to disclose much on this because this is ‘Belfast’
What I can say is that I know Swansea fans here from across the so called divide.
They travel fairly regularly.
As to their season ticket involvement, I’ve never asked, never really seen it as an issue.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 13:25]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:31 - Apr 5 with 737 viewstrampie

Is it a load of squaddies have latched onto watching the Swans who put Britain first and Wales second or something ? (I know not all squaddies put Britain before Wales as a few well known Free Wales army types back in the day that were convicted 'terrorists' were Welsh squaddies and they put Wales first).

It seems very odd, that the traditional Swansea fanbase is getting inflitrated by outsider influences.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 13:33]

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:37 - Apr 5 with 709 viewsChief

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:25 - Apr 5 by NotLoyal

I’m not going to disclose much on this because this is ‘Belfast’
What I can say is that I know Swansea fans here from across the so called divide.
They travel fairly regularly.
As to their season ticket involvement, I’ve never asked, never really seen it as an issue.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 13:25]

And that's interesting in itself. Never seen any flags or representation of the other side of that divide even though you say they exist.

But as I say, this is part of the constant deliberate conflation of the issue.

They regular union jacks wavers are local.

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:39 - Apr 5 with 699 views73__73

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 12:49 - Apr 5 by Chief

How many Ukrainians support the swans ?

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:40 - Apr 5 with 702 viewstrampie

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:37 - Apr 5 by Chief

And that's interesting in itself. Never seen any flags or representation of the other side of that divide even though you say they exist.

From what I see from afar that seems like a fair point.

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 688 views73__73

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:37 - Apr 5 by Chief

What is wrong with someone from Swansea wanting to be associated with the Union flag.
Also what has it got to do with you

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:51 - Apr 5 with 667 viewstrampie

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:42 - Apr 5 by 73__73

What is wrong with someone from Swansea wanting to be associated with the Union flag.
Also what has it got to do with you

It is associated with our sporting rivals from the other side of the Dyke that is what is wrong with it.

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:30 - Apr 5 with 610 viewsguthrieintherain

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 13:51 - Apr 5 by trampie

It is associated with our sporting rivals from the other side of the Dyke that is what is wrong with it.

What's the problem with a union flag not something I would have done but it's upto them.

I would take exception to a Russian Swans flag but the union Jack whatever floats your boat.

Maybe we should have a pro Irish flag as well just to even it out.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:37 - Apr 5 with 604 viewstrampie

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:30 - Apr 5 by guthrieintherain

What's the problem with a union flag not something I would have done but it's upto them.

I would take exception to a Russian Swans flag but the union Jack whatever floats your boat.

Maybe we should have a pro Irish flag as well just to even it out.

Why pro Irish flag, Swansea is Wales.

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:39 - Apr 5 with 590 views73__73

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:37 - Apr 5 by trampie

Swansea is a British city. The name Swansea isn’t even welsh. Derived from the Vikings I believe.

Named after Nordic king Sweyn Forkbeard.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 15:43]

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:43 - Apr 5 with 589 viewsguthrieintherain

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:37 - Apr 5 by trampie

Was just saying the union flag is obviously i obviously a pro Union flag.

See lots if them at Rangers games.

We are bound to have Welsh flags we are a Welsh club.

But I would have no problem with an Irish born Swans fan with an Irish Swans flag.

And the likes of Pencoed and 73 would have no problem with it I am sure.

Would show us as multi cultural club and not pro loyalist.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 15:44]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:44 - Apr 5 with 582 viewsKeithHaynes

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:43 - Apr 5 by guthrieintherain

But I would have no problem with an Irish born Swans fan with an Irish Swans flag.

There were plenty of NI a flags when Rodgers was manager, I would imagine that was ok then.

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 578 views73__73

The DOUBE Cardiff City thread on 15:43 - Apr 5 by guthrieintherain

People should be able to bring whatever flag they want, certainly wouldn’t bother me.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024