Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The DOUBE Cardiff City thread 09:44 - Mar 12 with 53023 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the little people, when the Jack Army arrives again to take over the village of small folk like an episode of land of the giants this is the matchday thread for the forthcoming game which will see Swansea City make history.

All your relevant nonsense is welcome here, from the bizarre ramblings of Benny and his fictitious pamphlet written by an anus, to the rattling negativity of those we shall not name.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57407/derby-day-countdow

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57420/flynn-away-flynn-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57436/the-south-wales-de

Cardiff City: Alex Smithies; Perry Ng, Aden Flint, Mark McGuinness; Cody Drameh, Tommy Doyle, Joe Ralls (captain), Ryan Wintle, Joel Bagan; Mark Harris, Jordan Hugill.

Substitutes: Dillon Phillips, Will Vaulks, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Nelson, Alfie Doughty,. Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Finley Burns, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57462/watch-the-game-aga

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57464/russell-martin-sum

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57463/swansea-city-smash

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:42 - Apr 3 with 913 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 07:37 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

Maybe but if someone choses to support the swans, and they’re English or Welsh but, with an English wife who also supports Swansea, (or just because they want to ) eg, what’s wrong the the British flag ? It’s got nothing to do with anyone else ?

Seems an odd thing to get upset about. We’re all British

Not everyone thinks the union jack represents us in Wales and not just literally, Swansea is a Welsh club, when I started watched the Swans the supporter base reflected that, now Swansea is getting infiltrated by outsiders.

Swansea should be proud of its roots, proud to be a Welsh club and what with football being tribal Swansea should be proud to be different to teams from the other side of the border.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:47 - Apr 3 with 890 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:41 - Apr 3 by Chief

Struggling to see what the league of Wales has to do with it.

The fact that we play in a league with teams from England is exactly the reason why we shouldn't want to be a generic club like Stoke / Chelsea / Spurs and their union jacks.

We are unique and have a different national football team to them. Why not celebrate that?

Yes exactly and that is the way it used to be, Swansea fanbase identified Swansea as a Welsh club playing in the football league mainly against teams from England , Swansea is now getting overrun by something that is unrecognisable to somebody of my age.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:48 - Apr 3 with 890 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:52 - Apr 3 by Chief

Well unfortunately let's face it, the union jack's are taken in part to be exactly that - to be divisive. They know it causes friction and it's still done. The Welsh flag on the other hand shouldn't cause offense to anyone or even a standard swans flag with no country affiliation.

Yes exactly.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:52 - Apr 3 with 871 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:47 - Apr 3 by trampie

Yes exactly and that is the way it used to be, Swansea fanbase identified Swansea as a Welsh club playing in the football league mainly against teams from England , Swansea is now getting overrun by something that is unrecognisable to somebody of my age.

I'd say there's always been an element of it at Swansea since I've started watching the swans but with social media etc now it is more visible. I wouldn't say it's grown much but it gets more airtime now.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:06 - Apr 3 with 848 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Oh Jesus, we're on flags again.

Seriously, who gives a flying 🟨🙏

We've just done the first ever double and our fans are on here debating the merits of the UJ. Some of our fans identify as British. Get over it.

Up the Swans.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:07 - Apr 3 with 842 viewsNotLoyal

It the flag of the country that these people believe is representative of them.
They are entitled to their choice.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:08 - Apr 3 with 836 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:06 - Apr 3 by LittleEnglandJack

We've just done the first ever double and our fans are on here debating the merits of the UJ. Some of our fans identify as British. Get over it.

Up the Swans.

But you care enough to comment on other people caring about something?

Uppa jacks

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:09 - Apr 3 with 834 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:06 - Apr 3 by LittleEnglandJack

Up the Swans.

Good post

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:13 - Apr 3 with 824 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:08 - Apr 3 by Chief

But you care enough to comment on other people caring about something?

Uppa jacks

I was in work yesterday so you'll forgive me for bathing in the afterglow somewhat.

I just can't believe any Swans fan would give a toss about flags in the context of that superb win yesterday, But apparently some do.

Fair enough. I'll go back to watching the highlights on repeat
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:23 - Apr 3 with 812 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:13 - Apr 3 by LittleEnglandJack

I was in work yesterday so you'll forgive me for bathing in the afterglow somewhat.

I just can't believe any Swans fan would give a toss about flags in the context of that superb win yesterday, But apparently some do.

Just like I'd never let Cardiff fans stop me from following my country I wouldn't let my enjoyment of the swans be dampened by the flags, although it would preferable if the club wasn't associated with it in my opinion - it's not a good look at all.

The context is of course that the UJs are more numerous and is flaunted more when we play the scum.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:25 - Apr 3 with 807 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:13 - Apr 3 by LittleEnglandJack

Yes, let me introduce you to Killy, Trampie and Chief where the bags of spuds sit firmly on their shoulders.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:28 - Apr 3 with 805 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:25 - Apr 3 by union_jack

Yes, let me introduce you to Killy, Trampie and Chief where the bags of spuds sit firmly on their shoulders.

Damn right I've got a sglod on my shoulder. Every Welsh person should in this supposed union of equals, the flag of which we don't even have representation on.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:37 - Apr 3 with 759 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:28 - Apr 3 by Chief

Damn right I've got a sglod on my shoulder. Every Welsh person should in this supposed union of equals, the flag of which we don't even have representation on.

That’s a shame. Your cross to bear though.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:39 - Apr 3 with 747 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:37 - Apr 3 by union_jack

That’s a shame. Your cross to bear though.

Yes I wish I didn't have such principled opinions sometimes. Life would certainly be easier.

But compliant subservience based on a word on my passport isn't my style.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:49 - Apr 3 with 726 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:28 - Apr 3 by Chief

When I was a lot younger, I felt like you, as I matured I changed, many indy types have influenced my feelings massively.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:59 - Apr 3 with 716 viewsJohnw102

Overrun with English players as well 9 of the squad were English and 5 of the starters were English, are you suggesting we get rid of them? We are a multi national team. Swansea 1st irrespective of nationality. Great result yesterday for Swansea FC lets celebrate it as a team!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:00 - Apr 3 with 710 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:39 - Apr 3 by Chief

Yes I wish I didn't have such principled opinions sometimes. Life would certainly be easier.

But compliant subservience based on a word on my passport isn't my style.

Subservience??? What are you talking about?

You need to look at other countries far less fortunate and prosperous than Wales and see what subservience us.

You don’t know you’re born!

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:06 - Apr 3 with 703 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:29 - Apr 3 by Chief

Because we are at football games, not a military parade. There is British football team.

Our football team is Wales.

And Wales obviously has no connection to the union jack.

Of course Wales does its a British flag, and we are part of the United Kingdom, as much as you dislike it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:14 - Apr 3 with 698 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:00 - Apr 3 by union_jack

Subservience??? What are you talking about?

You need to look at other countries far less fortunate and prosperous than Wales and see what subservience us.

You don’t know you’re born!

Demonstrated my point superbly.

'Shut up and know your place'

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:15 - Apr 3 with 693 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:06 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Of course Wales does its a British flag, and we are part of the United Kingdom, as much as you dislike it

Which part of the Union Jack represents Wales?

In this union of equals all the other home nations are represented are they not?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:17 - Apr 3 with 691 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:14 - Apr 3 by Chief

Demonstrated my point superbly.

'Shut up and know your place'

Read into it what you like, that’s your choice.

Now, back to the game yesterday as this thread has been hijacked with no Dr P in sight!

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:21 - Apr 3 with 682 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:17 - Apr 3 by union_jack

Read into it what you like, that’s your choice.

Now, back to the game yesterday as this thread has been hijacked with no Dr P in sight!

Misunderstood poster him. Gets a bad press.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:22 - Apr 3 with 681 viewsraynor94

Well I've been going since 1965 and I certainly don't recognise that fan base

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:24 - Apr 3 with 679 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:22 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Well I've been going since 1965 and I certainly don't recognise that fan base

You don't see the numerous Wales flags at all our games? Are you a spectacle wearer? If not I'd suggest a visit to the opticians.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 11:24]

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:47 - Apr 3 with 657 views3swan

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:42 - Apr 3 by trampie

Not everyone thinks the union jack represents us in Wales and not just literally, Swansea is a Welsh club, when I started watched the Swans the supporter base reflected that, now Swansea is getting infiltrated by outsiders.

Swansea should be proud of its roots, proud to be a Welsh club and what with football being tribal Swansea should be proud to be different to teams from the other side of the border.

"now Swansea is getting infiltrated by outsiders."

I've been watching the Swans across all divisions and have met many non Wales born fans.

Most have some story/family history that ties them to supporting the club.

Some went to Swansea Uni and watched us at the Vetch and were hooked

Do you know these outsiders so well that you can make that generalization.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024