Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The DOUBE Cardiff City thread 09:44 - Mar 12 with 54958 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the little people, when the Jack Army arrives again to take over the village of small folk like an episode of land of the giants this is the matchday thread for the forthcoming game which will see Swansea City make history.

All your relevant nonsense is welcome here, from the bizarre ramblings of Benny and his fictitious pamphlet written by an anus, to the rattling negativity of those we shall not name.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57407/derby-day-countdow

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57420/flynn-away-flynn-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57436/the-south-wales-de

Cardiff City: Alex Smithies; Perry Ng, Aden Flint, Mark McGuinness; Cody Drameh, Tommy Doyle, Joe Ralls (captain), Ryan Wintle, Joel Bagan; Mark Harris, Jordan Hugill.

Substitutes: Dillon Phillips, Will Vaulks, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Nelson, Alfie Doughty,. Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Finley Burns, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57462/watch-the-game-aga

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57464/russell-martin-sum

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57463/swansea-city-smash

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:48 - Apr 3 with 1091 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:15 - Apr 3 by Chief

Which part of the Union Jack represents Wales?

In this union of equals all the other home nations are represented are they not?

Agree, but I'm British and Welsh, and always will be, so find no problem with the Union Jack

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:54 - Apr 3 with 1062 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:48 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Agree, but I'm British and Welsh, and always will be, so find no problem with the Union Jack

There's that instilled subservience I mentioned.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:03 - Apr 3 with 1033 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:54 - Apr 3 by Chief

You carry on being a Welsh Nat, I'm comfortable in my British skin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 (n/t) on 12:05 - Apr 3 with 1026 viewsBadlands

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:39 - Apr 3 by Chief

Yes I wish I didn't have such principled opinions sometimes. Life would certainly be easier.

But compliant subservience based on a word on my passport isn't my style.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:07 - Apr 3 with 1025 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:03 - Apr 3 by raynor94

You carry on being a Welsh Nat, I'm comfortable in my British skin

Keep up the blissful ignorance old bean

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:10 - Apr 3 with 1021 viewsmagicdaps10

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:54 - Apr 3 by Chief

I love that word subservience, always used when someone isn't agreeing with them or their thoughts.

No dig Chief, always makes me laugh in 99% of conversations it's used in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 1014 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:10 - Apr 3 by magicdaps10

I love that word subservience, always used when someone isn't agreeing with them or their thoughts.

No dig Chief, always makes me laugh in 99% of conversations it's used in.

Very appropriate for this particular subject matter though.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 1014 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:07 - Apr 3 by Chief

Keep up the blissful ignorance old bean

I will because I'll never see Welsh independence in my lifetime, Thankfully

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:22 - Apr 3 with 1007 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:15 - Apr 3 by raynor94

I will because I'll never see Welsh independence in my lifetime, Thankfully

Well you are getting on a bit
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 12:22]

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:29 - Apr 3 with 990 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:52 - Apr 3 by Chief

I'd say there's always been an element of it at Swansea since I've started watching the swans but with social media etc now it is more visible. I wouldn't say it's grown much but it gets more airtime now.

I started watching the Swans mid 70s, I was the right age to see the rise under Toshack through the leagues (home and away) and I don't recall any English/loyalist sentiment or flags, Swansea was a very Welsh team and proud.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:30 - Apr 3 with 988 viewsBadlands

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:06 - Apr 3 by LittleEnglandJack

Oh Jesus, we're on flags again.

Seriously, who gives a flying 🟨🙏

We've just done the first ever double and our fans are on here debating the merits of the UJ. Some of our fans identify as British. Get over it.

Up the Swans.

We beat Cardiff in Cardiff to gain the first ever league double matching our highest ever goal margin.
It's hard to attack the manager or owners (event Cabango after he scored) so it’s back to flags.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:34 - Apr 3 with 972 viewsChief

Our old friend is happy anyway:

No chicken nuggets this time unfortunately.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:43 - Apr 3 with 954 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:34 - Apr 3 by Chief

Our old friend is happy anyway:

No chicken nuggets this time unfortunately.

WhaddaKnobba

What about the this incredible academy 😂
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 12:45]

OK I've changed it.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:51 - Apr 3 with 931 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57463/swansea-city-smash

OK I've changed it.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:01 - Apr 3 with 907 viewstrampie

I just been reading a piece by Jaco who was watching the Swans in the 60s and only became aware of this union jack loyalist thing 10 years or so ago, when I previously said that no such thing existed that I was aware of back in the day I did some research and found in the early years of this century (2000s) that there was a national front guy that changed his name became a Lib-Dem councillor in Swansea before he was found out and moved over seas so if the start of it was in the 2000s and got bigger over the last decade or so that is disappointing but I would have been following the Swans for 25 years before that and Swansea was a Welsh club, union jack/loyalists - "you what, you what, you what you what you what".

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:05 - Apr 3 with 896 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:01 - Apr 3 by trampie

I just been reading a piece by Jaco who was watching the Swans in the 60s and only became aware of this union jack loyalist thing 10 years or so ago, when I previously said that no such thing existed that I was aware of back in the day I did some research and found in the early years of this century (2000s) that there was a national front guy that changed his name became a Lib-Dem councillor in Swansea before he was found out and moved over seas so if the start of it was in the 2000s and got bigger over the last decade or so that is disappointing but I would have been following the Swans for 25 years before that and Swansea was a Welsh club, union jack/loyalists - "you what, you what, you what you what you what".

I recall in the mid nineties that it was used as a wind up towards Cardiff fans. Now it seems it’s caught on and a lot of the youth Swansea fans are connecting with it.

It’s a small thing to be concerned about though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:13 - Apr 3 with 873 viewsTreforys_Jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:01 - Apr 3 by trampie

Our servicemen make their sacrifice whilst under the Union flag yet you have an issue with it at a football match. Always prefer the Baner Dewi Sant anyway to be honest, but the Union flag doesn't bother me either.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:15 - Apr 3 with 873 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:05 - Apr 3 by KeithHaynes

I recall in the mid nineties that it was used as a wind up towards Cardiff fans. Now it seems it’s caught on and a lot of the youth Swansea fans are connecting with it.

It’s a small thing to be concerned about though.

I don't know about a small thing, imo it's upsetting and disappointing to see, but things change all the time I suppose, chapels closed down everywhere, corner shops and drinking pubs going to the wall, people getting dates online, whatever next hey.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:47 - Apr 3 with 804 viewsSirjohnalot

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:42 - Apr 3 by trampie

Not everyone thinks the union jack represents us in Wales and not just literally, Swansea is a Welsh club, when I started watched the Swans the supporter base reflected that, now Swansea is getting infiltrated by outsiders.

Swansea should be proud of its roots, proud to be a Welsh club and what with football being tribal Swansea should be proud to be different to teams from the other side of the border.

‘Infiltrated by outsiders ‘ what do you mean ? Surely you’re not saying only Swansea born people should support us and not English eg ?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 13:54]
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 793 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:47 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

‘Infiltrated by outsiders ‘ what do you mean ? Surely you’re not saying only Swansea born people should support us and not English eg ?

I know many English supporting Swans fans.
Was once accused of being one myself until BBC Wales got ahold of it and reported otherwise.
Not that it bothered me, I quite like the Admiral England shirt from way back 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:58 - Apr 3 with 769 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:47 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

The day we got promoted to the Premier League our fan base went through the roof, things would never be the same again, we would be known worldwide and still are. So is trampie against only the English Swansea flags, I remember Korean Swans flags when Ki was playing for us and several Spanish ones over the years.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:04 - Apr 3 with 752 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:29 - Apr 3 by trampie

I started watching the Swans mid 70s, I was the right age to see the rise under Toshack through the leagues (home and away) and I don't recall any English/loyalist sentiment or flags, Swansea was a very Welsh team and proud.

How was Swansea a very Welsh club? Majority of our players have been English or different nationalitys, and no Welsh flags in the 60s early 70s

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:05 - Apr 3 with 749 viewsDr_Winston

The bigotry is never far below the surface with Tramps.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:06 - Apr 3 with 738 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:22 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Well I've been going since 1965 and I certainly don't recognise that fan base

Overrun is a term used by those who complain about natives from the colonies coming here and taking our jobs

Racism is racis.

And tramps…well,you do the math .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:08 - Apr 3 with 734 viewsonehunglow

Tramps isn’t Swansea born. He s not even a Swansea man .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024