Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The DOUBE Cardiff City thread 09:44 - Mar 12 with 53000 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the little people, when the Jack Army arrives again to take over the village of small folk like an episode of land of the giants this is the matchday thread for the forthcoming game which will see Swansea City make history.

All your relevant nonsense is welcome here, from the bizarre ramblings of Benny and his fictitious pamphlet written by an anus, to the rattling negativity of those we shall not name.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57407/derby-day-countdow

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57420/flynn-away-flynn-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57436/the-south-wales-de

Cardiff City: Alex Smithies; Perry Ng, Aden Flint, Mark McGuinness; Cody Drameh, Tommy Doyle, Joe Ralls (captain), Ryan Wintle, Joel Bagan; Mark Harris, Jordan Hugill.

Substitutes: Dillon Phillips, Will Vaulks, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Nelson, Alfie Doughty,. Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Finley Burns, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57462/watch-the-game-aga

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57464/russell-martin-sum

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57463/swansea-city-smash

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:12 - Apr 3 with 1204 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:41 - Apr 3 by STID2017

Welsh / Irish me.
No problem with any other nation though.
History teaches us we can either learn from it and do better, or keep making the same mistakes.
I prefer the former ( although you wouldn't always know it )

Well Tramps.
Answer this question.Again.

Swans V Fflint Flint

Or Swans v Sheffield Utd, Weds,Sunderland, Norwich, Burnley…all places of darkness our welsh players will have to play next season

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:12 - Apr 3 with 1219 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:04 - Apr 3 by raynor94

How was Swansea a very Welsh club? Majority of our players have been English or different nationalitys, and no Welsh flags in the 60s early 70s

https://swans100.com/fans-2/on-the-road/

Never been Welsh though apparently

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:23 - Apr 3 with 1170 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:12 - Apr 3 by Chief

https://swans100.com/fans-2/on-the-road/

Never been Welsh though apparently

Read my post again, when I started following us in 1965, There were no flags at games, and as I said majority of our players have been English or different nationalitys

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:26 - Apr 3 with 1160 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:47 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

‘Infiltrated by outsiders ‘ what do you mean ? Surely you’re not saying only Swansea born people should support us and not English eg ?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 13:54]

I'm not a Swansea jack, I'm from the top of the Vale of Neath, Swansea being the closest football league club to where I was from.
Outsiders as in sentiment, outsiders as in not representative of the community (at least as was) I think it's a shame, I think and I just read it on Jaco's site as well that there are some amongst the Swansea fanbase that would want England to win and Wales to lose and I'm talking about people born here and not just made their home here, it's a sad state of affairs.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:40 - Apr 3 with 1116 viewsSirjohnalot

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:26 - Apr 3 by trampie

I'm not a Swansea jack, I'm from the top of the Vale of Neath, Swansea being the closest football league club to where I was from.
Outsiders as in sentiment, outsiders as in not representative of the community (at least as was) I think it's a shame, I think and I just read it on Jaco's site as well that there are some amongst the Swansea fanbase that would want England to win and Wales to lose and I'm talking about people born here and not just made their home here, it's a sad state of affairs.

Some of my mates who go to away matches with me are from Crewe but support Swansea, so of course they’d want England to win.
I’m from Neath too, been living in England since 2000 but of course I want Wales to best anyone they play, can’t imagine anyone wanting England to beat Wales, but if they did, again, so what ? It’s only sport, really doesn’t matter.

It may be that your way of thinking would severely restrict our fanbase. Surely it’s better to have as many fans as possible with the widest range of different people as possible ? More the merrier ?
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:43 - Apr 3 with 1106 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:40 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

Some of my mates who go to away matches with me are from Crewe but support Swansea, so of course they’d want England to win.
I’m from Neath too, been living in England since 2000 but of course I want Wales to best anyone they play, can’t imagine anyone wanting England to beat Wales, but if they did, again, so what ? It’s only sport, really doesn’t matter.

It may be that your way of thinking would severely restrict our fanbase. Surely it’s better to have as many fans as possible with the widest range of different people as possible ? More the merrier ?

Great post

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:03 - Apr 3 with 1071 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:40 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

I'm not from Neath, I'm from 10 miles away from Neath don't ever make the mistake of saying I'm from Neath.

I heard a story of a local girl married to an Englishman and she would roll their newspaper up and hit him over the head with it if he shouted for England against Wales.

It's sad if a team loses its identity and becomes something else or just becomes a brand.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:05 - Apr 3 with 1068 viewsunion_jack

That attitude doesn’t resonate with his more isolationist views though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:07 - Apr 3 with 1063 viewsSirjohnalot

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:03 - Apr 3 by trampie

I'm not from Neath, I'm from 10 miles away from Neath don't ever make the mistake of saying I'm from Neath.

I heard a story of a local girl married to an Englishman and she would roll their newspaper up and hit him over the head with it if he shouted for England against Wales.

It's sad if a team loses its identity and becomes something else or just becomes a brand.

Ok. Have a good one
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:10 - Apr 3 with 1057 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:04 - Apr 3 by raynor94

How was Swansea a very Welsh club? Majority of our players have been English or different nationalitys, and no Welsh flags in the 60s early 70s

Flags wasn't so much of a thing in club football in the 60s and 70s, I just watched you tube videos showing Welsh flags on the North Bank possibly 80s, 3 or 4 of them in different places (so not belonging to one group) no union jack's, a friend of mine has a pic in his man cave of the crowd on the pitch at the last game at the Vetch with somebody with a Welsh flag right in the middle of the pic and that was two Welsh sides playing each other.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 15:20 - Apr 3 with 1039 viewsDr_Winston

Leon Britton was on the supporters bus yesterday. I guess Tramps would like to see that banned. Probably like to see any non-Welsh players banned from joining us too, like Athletic Bilbao does with Basques.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 THE AFTERLAUGH ! on 15:23 - Apr 3 with 1021 viewsonehunglow

Wore is that Leon seems unable to break his cockney accent.

What's his bloodline? English I bet,throigh and through. Has he married Welsh.Has he kid born in Wales to an English mother?

Yikes

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:27 - Apr 3 with 1025 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:10 - Apr 3 by trampie

Flags wasn't so much of a thing in club football in the 60s and 70s, I just watched you tube videos showing Welsh flags on the North Bank possibly 80s, 3 or 4 of them in different places (so not belonging to one group) no union jack's, a friend of mine has a pic in his man cave of the crowd on the pitch at the last game at the Vetch with somebody with a Welsh flag right in the middle of the pic and that was two Welsh sides playing each other.

If you watch the 1966 World Cup final, mostly Union Jack's, not the flag of St George

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:31 - Apr 3 with 1006 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:27 - Apr 3 by raynor94

If you watch the 1966 World Cup final, mostly Union Jack's, not the flag of St George

Yeah but in those days England WAS Gt Britain, The Union Flag was the "english "flag".They saw no difference.
We're more flag conscious now.

Innit

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:56 - Apr 3 with 978 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:23 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Read my post again, when I started following us in 1965, There were no flags at games, and as I said majority of our players have been English or different nationalitys

Well if there were no flags at games, I'm not sure why you're bothering to mention it at all. It furthers no point either way.

i've already shown you evidence that our crowds were strongly Welsh centric as far back as the 20s.

Out of interest, when you started watching us most of our players were Welsh:

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/swansea-city/1966/2/

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:06 - Apr 3 with 964 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:56 - Apr 3 by Chief

Well if there were no flags at games, I'm not sure why you're bothering to mention it at all. It furthers no point either way.

i've already shown you evidence that our crowds were strongly Welsh centric as far back as the 20s.

Out of interest, when you started watching us most of our players were Welsh:

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/swansea-city/1966/2/

You picked out the first season, over time we have had more English and different nationalities represent us.

Going by your logic it seems you would be happier in the League of Wales, with all Welsh players

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:09 - Apr 3 with 941 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:06 - Apr 3 by raynor94

You picked out the first season, over time we have had more English and different nationalities represent us.

Going by your logic it seems you would be happier in the League of Wales, with all Welsh players

Clearly,if England is so hated,and it is, then why play every game in their league
When some of them say to play in your own league you kinda get their point.
You can’t dump on the other side of the bridge if you play there .
My own son stopped coming along with me years ago after this garbage

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:15 - Apr 3 with 941 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:06 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Yes - as I said when you started watching us most of our players were Welsh. Flies in the face of your point about the being this supposedly British centric club.

What logic in particular leads you to say that you'd think I'd rather the Swans be in the LoW then? Where Coincidentally non Welsh players do compete by the way. They even have a team located in England.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:26 - Apr 3 with 914 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:15 - Apr 3 by Chief

Yes - as I said when you started watching us most of our players were Welsh. Flies in the face of your point about the being this supposedly British centric club.

What logic in particular leads you to say that you'd think I'd rather the Swans be in the LoW then? Where Coincidentally non Welsh players do compete by the way. They even have a team located in England.

Ah no, another of your pedantic posts, I should have known better

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:31 - Apr 3 with 908 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:26 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Ah no, another of your pedantic posts, I should have known better

You really should yes.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:43 - Apr 3 with 881 viewsBoundy

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:47 - Apr 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes he can have some credit, but as he tends to blame everybody and everything else when we lose, it must be mostly down to everybody and everything else when we win as well.
That is only fair isn't it?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 16:49]

Do you still think Wolf should have gone off at half time?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:46 - Apr 3 with 870 viewsBoundy

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:26 - Apr 3 by trampie

By your criteria then perhaps you should follow Seven Sisters ?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 16:54]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:44 - Apr 3 with 820 viewstrampie

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:46 - Apr 3 by Boundy

By your criteria then perhaps you should follow Seven Sisters ?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 16:54]

They are Dulais valley not Neath valley mun.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:48 - Apr 3 with 806 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:43 - Apr 3 by Boundy

Do you still think Wolf should have gone off at half time?

If he had continued to play as he did in the first half he wouldn't have scored or provided an assist.
So he stepped up, which is just what we need.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:56 - Apr 3 with 792 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:49 - Apr 3 by Treforys_Jack

When I was a lot younger, I felt like you, as I matured I changed, many indy types have influenced my feelings massively.

Feel exactly the same way.

I also want Wales to win (I have done more away’s with Wales than most of the Indy’s on here I’d imagine) but I don’t hate everything English.

I still find it bizarre Indy’s don’t follow a LOW club & follow one who plays in the English league.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024