Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The DOUBE Cardiff City thread 09:44 - Mar 12 with 54960 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the little people, when the Jack Army arrives again to take over the village of small folk like an episode of land of the giants this is the matchday thread for the forthcoming game which will see Swansea City make history.

All your relevant nonsense is welcome here, from the bizarre ramblings of Benny and his fictitious pamphlet written by an anus, to the rattling negativity of those we shall not name.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57407/derby-day-countdow

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57420/flynn-away-flynn-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57436/the-south-wales-de

Cardiff City: Alex Smithies; Perry Ng, Aden Flint, Mark McGuinness; Cody Drameh, Tommy Doyle, Joe Ralls (captain), Ryan Wintle, Joel Bagan; Mark Harris, Jordan Hugill.

Substitutes: Dillon Phillips, Will Vaulks, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Nelson, Alfie Doughty,. Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Hannes Wolf; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson; Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Finley Burns, Kyle Joseph, Nathanael Ogbeta, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57462/watch-the-game-aga

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57464/russell-martin-sum

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57463/swansea-city-smash

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:49 - Apr 2 with 1706 viewsmagicdaps10

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:31 - Apr 2 by bennytheblue

Just managed to catch the last train going direct to hell……

Great Post that and showed real guts to come and post on here after today.

Got to say that in the last 24hrs or so, you have gone up in my estimations 10 fold.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:56 - Apr 2 with 1675 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:48 - Apr 2 by bennytheblue

You deserved it, as ever. Enjoy the night. Speechless

Good man.
Enjoy the rest of your season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:04 - Apr 2 with 1632 viewsswan65split

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:48 - Apr 2 by bennytheblue

Well done mate.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:05 - Apr 2 with 1624 viewsBoundy

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:42 - Apr 2 by magicdaps10

Caught the majority of the game in the end, was quite easy getting into it at 1-0 up.

The passing was superb, we found spaces and we picked the players out with those runs. If Martin was going to use an example of how he wanted to play then he would be using today's game as an example.

The passing was superb.

Just hope there's no reason why the team can't continue playing with same intensity , movement and pace as we saw today .Cardiff were poor but that was because of a combination of Morisons tactics but mainly due the efforts of the lads, no more one step forward then two back , his system worked today so why not going forward into the final run in of games

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:27 - Apr 2 with 1531 views1983

Fair play mush
Maybe next season

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:47 - Apr 2 with 1198 viewsChief

Right.

Unbelievable scenes. The curse is over, the double is done.

Bin the union jack's and the inferiority complex.

Wales is a proud independent footballing nation and Swansea City are the best team and flag bearer of it.

Let's grow up and leave the sectarianism wannabeism to elsewhere where it actually affects lives of the people there that live there and leave them to their own squabbles.

Let's forge our own path. Not that of Rangers, Chelsea or EDL FC.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:50 - Apr 2 with 1190 viewsangryjack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:47 - Apr 2 by Chief

Right.

Wales is a proud independent footballing nation and Swansea City are the best team and flag bearer of it.

Let's grow up and leave the sectarianism wannabeism to elsewhere where it actually affects lives of the people there that live there and leave them to their own squabbles.

No chance London is my capital and always will be..
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:54 - Apr 2 with 1176 viewsSirjohnalot

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:50 - Apr 2 by angryjack

I may be very näive but I don’t get a) the ‘Cardiff is your capital ‘ chant ( geographically, yes it is, hardly a cutting insult ) and b) what’s wrong with the British Flag with a Swansea crest on it ? They’re supporting Swansea, and we’re British.

Again, I’m probably being näive but are people just looking for aggro ? Just go along, watch the game, who cares what flag someone brings ?
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:58 - Apr 2 with 1167 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:47 - Apr 2 by Chief

Right.

Come on mun!

It's time to take this opportunity.

It's weak to run away from YOUR national team just because a few scummers like to piss about (not that they do much these). You lads with the union jack's like to see yourselves as tough lads.

Grow a fvkin backbone and not let the scum influence the way you support football. They'd absolutely hate it if you got behind our national team. You give them ammunition. You're working class boys from South Wales. Wake up.

This is not a criticism. I get it. Swansea constantly overlooked. Well look at the gogs! They're far more disadvantaged than Swansea.

We are undoubtedly the best football team in Wales and we have a national team to match which has so many Swansea academy products as part of it.

Be proud of that!

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:00 - Apr 3 with 1157 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:50 - Apr 2 by angryjack

We've been through this before. You gave zero reason why.

'i feel British right' was all you could muster.

Time to think deeper my angry friend

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:03 - Apr 3 with 1149 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:54 - Apr 2 by Sirjohnalot

I may be very näive but I don’t get a) the ‘Cardiff is your capital ‘ chant ( geographically, yes it is, hardly a cutting insult ) and b) what’s wrong with the British Flag with a Swansea crest on it ? They’re supporting Swansea, and we’re British.

Again, I’m probably being näive but are people just looking for aggro ? Just go along, watch the game, who cares what flag someone brings ?

1) yes decent banter in fairness too them. We can cut them a lot deeper and do. Swim away, etc.

2) we're watching football. There is no British football team. Just like you like to say our only passport is British, our only football team is Welsh. So why not back that then?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:20 - Apr 3 with 1118 viewsraynor94

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:58 - Apr 2 by Chief

Come on mun!

It's time to take this opportunity.

It's weak to run away from YOUR national team just because a few scummers like to piss about (not that they do much these). You lads with the union jack's like to see yourselves as tough lads.

Grow a fvkin backbone and not let the scum influence the way you support football. They'd absolutely hate it if you got behind our national team. You give them ammunition. You're working class boys from South Wales. Wake up.

This is not a criticism. I get it. Swansea constantly overlooked. Well look at the gogs! They're far more disadvantaged than Swansea.

We are undoubtedly the best football team in Wales and we have a national team to match which has so many Swansea academy products as part of it.

Be proud of that!

Well I can't see the problem with a Union Jack with the Swans crest on, yes we are Welsh but also part of the United Kingdom.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:29 - Apr 3 with 1104 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:20 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Well I can't see the problem with a Union Jack with the Swans crest on, yes we are Welsh but also part of the United Kingdom.

Because we are at football games, not a military parade. There is British football team.

Our football team is Wales.

And Wales obviously has no connection to the union jack.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:39 - Apr 3 with 1088 viewsJackUlation

They're only there to watch tthe swans
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 07:37 - Apr 3 with 951 viewsSirjohnalot

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 00:03 - Apr 3 by Chief

1) yes decent banter in fairness too them. We can cut them a lot deeper and do. Swim away, etc.

2) we're watching football. There is no British football team. Just like you like to say our only passport is British, our only football team is Welsh. So why not back that then?

Maybe but if someone choses to support the swans, and they’re English or Welsh but, with an English wife who also supports Swansea, (or just because they want to ) eg, what’s wrong the the British flag ? It’s got nothing to do with anyone else ?

Seems an odd thing to get upset about. We’re all British
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 07:48 - Apr 3 with 926 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 07:37 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

Maybe but if someone choses to support the swans, and they’re English or Welsh but, with an English wife who also supports Swansea, (or just because they want to ) eg, what’s wrong the the British flag ? It’s got nothing to do with anyone else ?

You're pretending to be niave here. We all know what taking that flag to our games means.

I haven't ever heard of a single person say they take it as some sort of harmonious marital expression of love.

We're all football fans and our national team is Wales. But that default doesn't apply so not sure why being born in an entity that means your passport says British citizen means you must take that flag to football games. As we're watching a football team shouldn't the football default be the prevailing one?

This gives the club a bad name and it is embarrassing I'm afraid to say. It's absolutely playing into the scum fans hands.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:07 - Apr 3 with 902 viewsSTID2017

Dipped into Facebook yesterday.
It was brilliant to see it dominated by all the official and unofficial posts telling the story of a fantastic day for our club.
Footballing history was made yesterday in such an emphatic style that it will be a long time before our near neighbours.
What a great day.
Well done once again to Russell Martin, the players and the Jack Army for creating the memory.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:26 - Apr 3 with 884 viewsDr_Winston

It is truly bizarre to me that people want to take flags to games anyway, never mind that they care all that much about what type.

It is easy to note however that people's pride in Welsh football doesn't extend to its own league. If people taking British flags to Swans games bothers them that much then no doubt there's a local LoW team that they can follow instead.

We all know that won't happen though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:33 - Apr 3 with 866 viewsSirjohnalot

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 07:48 - Apr 3 by Chief

You're pretending to be niave here. We all know what taking that flag to our games means.

I haven't ever heard of a single person say they take it as some sort of harmonious marital expression of love.

We're all football fans and our national team is Wales. But that default doesn't apply so not sure why being born in an entity that means your passport says British citizen means you must take that flag to football games. As we're watching a football team shouldn't the football default be the prevailing one?

This gives the club a bad name and it is embarrassing I'm afraid to say. It's absolutely playing into the scum fans hands.

Ok, I’m really not pretending. I go to the away games, watch the match and then go home. I don’t get involved in what others are doing, don’t question why they’re doing or not going things like what flags they’ve got,
Maybe if I still lived at home and had a season ticket I’d understand but I don’t. I genuinely don’t see the difference between a German, English or French or US fan with their flag and the Swans crest on and the British flag.

It’s obviously something you feel strongly about so I don’t want to wind you up, I just don’t understand. Anyway , have a lovely Sunday and enjoy the brilliant result yesterday. Have a great day
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:37 - Apr 3 with 854 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:33 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

Ok, I’m really not pretending. I go to the away games, watch the match and then go home. I don’t get involved in what others are doing, don’t question why they’re doing or not going things like what flags they’ve got,
Maybe if I still lived at home and had a season ticket I’d understand but I don’t. I genuinely don’t see the difference between a German, English or French or US fan with their flag and the Swans crest on and the British flag.

It’s obviously something you feel strongly about so I don’t want to wind you up, I just don’t understand. Anyway , have a lovely Sunday and enjoy the brilliant result yesterday. Have a great day

Have a nice day yourself.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:41 - Apr 3 with 843 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:26 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

It is truly bizarre to me that people want to take flags to games anyway, never mind that they care all that much about what type.

It is easy to note however that people's pride in Welsh football doesn't extend to its own league. If people taking British flags to Swans games bothers them that much then no doubt there's a local LoW team that they can follow instead.

We all know that won't happen though.

Struggling to see what the league of Wales has to do with it.

The fact that we play in a league with teams from England is exactly the reason why we shouldn't want to be a generic club like Stoke / Chelsea / Spurs and their union jacks.

We are unique and have a different national football team to them. Why not celebrate that?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:48 - Apr 3 with 817 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:41 - Apr 3 by Chief

Struggling to see what the league of Wales has to do with it.

The fact that we play in a league with teams from England is exactly the reason why we shouldn't want to be a generic club like Stoke / Chelsea / Spurs and their union jacks.

We are unique and have a different national football team to them. Why not celebrate that?

Why not celebrate that some people want to take Welsh flags and other people want to take different ones?

Why the desire to be so divisive?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:52 - Apr 3 with 811 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:48 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Why not celebrate that some people want to take Welsh flags and other people want to take different ones?

Why the desire to be so divisive?

Well unfortunately let's face it, the union jack's are taken in part to be exactly that - to be divisive. They know it causes friction and it's still done. The Welsh flag on the other hand shouldn't cause offense to anyone or even a standard swans flag with no country affiliation.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:23 - Apr 3 with 755 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 07:37 - Apr 3 by Sirjohnalot

JON.
You're wrong..Hey,it rhymes .

Tramps and Killy do not see themselves as British and many do not either.What is on their passports seems to pass them by .

Yep,I have beautiful,brave fantastic wife of 42 years who I love to her bones. She supports England -every time. My siblings do,as they were conceived and born in England. I'm not sure I 'd want to nullify them for the sake of nationalism.
I should really have married Welsh but then I wouldn't have been able to check the gene history. There's been cross breeding for centuries. Half breeds are what we are really;mixed race,mongrels,whilst Trampie and Killy are better bred and more pure.

CARDIFF V SWANSEA in English league

or

Swansea v Fflint Town

It's a hard choice really for Nats. There again,if you have the contempt Trampie has then it's a no brainer. Fflint/Flint beautiful in the morning sunrise. You can see the Wirral shining away-in England.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:41 - Apr 3 with 731 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:23 - Apr 3 by onehunglow

JON.
You're wrong..Hey,it rhymes .

Tramps and Killy do not see themselves as British and many do not either.What is on their passports seems to pass them by .

Yep,I have beautiful,brave fantastic wife of 42 years who I love to her bones. She supports England -every time. My siblings do,as they were conceived and born in England. I'm not sure I 'd want to nullify them for the sake of nationalism.
I should really have married Welsh but then I wouldn't have been able to check the gene history. There's been cross breeding for centuries. Half breeds are what we are really;mixed race,mongrels,whilst Trampie and Killy are better bred and more pure.

CARDIFF V SWANSEA in English league

or

Swansea v Fflint Town

It's a hard choice really for Nats. There again,if you have the contempt Trampie has then it's a no brainer. Fflint/Flint beautiful in the morning sunrise. You can see the Wirral shining away-in England.

Welsh / Irish me.
No problem with any other nation though.
History teaches us we can either learn from it and do better, or keep making the same mistakes.
I prefer the former ( although you wouldn't always know it )

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024