Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks Ralph and good bye 17:15 - Apr 9 with 5444 viewsButty101

This season has largely been crap, bar the little run after Christmas. We are no better than when he took over.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 11:05 - Apr 10 with 1627 viewsSadoldgit

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 10:10 - Apr 10 by Andylad63

Look as many have said numerous times before me if you want to win every week support Liverpool or Man City. How do you think those Man City fans felt about the C.L. final last year or Liverpool felt about there last season's performance? Yes they can point at other recent triumphs? We are the same in some small way, we were hammered yesterday in an embarrassing capitulation, however we have recently blooded Chelsea's nose a number of times. Chelsea's performances in the their two games has been poor and they were due a recovery, unfortunately for use it was Saints in the crosshairs. It will come as no surprise to anyone on here Player by Player Chelsea have a better team than us. Again it is not unreasonable to argue their Manager and backroom team are better than ours as well. Given this it is not a massive surprise Chelsea should beat Saints every single time. Lets enjoy the wins when they come and try not to over react over a perfectly expected, albeit unecceptible, defeat.

1 point off ninth. You wouldn’t think so given the amount of wrist slitting going on. Yes it was a dreadful result and yes our form has been poor of late, but get things in perspective. We are not in the bottom 3.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 11:08 - Apr 10 with 1623 viewsdarthvader

Look as many have said numerous times before me if you want to win every week support Liverpool or Man City. How do you think those Man City fans felt about the C.L. final last year or Liverpool felt about there last season's performance? Yes they can point at other recent triumphs? We are the same in some small way, we were hammered yesterday in an embarrassing capitulation, however we have recently blooded Chelsea's nose a number of times. Chelsea's performances in the their two games has been poor and they were due a recovery, unfortunately for use it was Saints in the crosshairs. It will come as no surprise to anyone on here Player by Player Chelsea have a better team than us. Again it is not unreasonable to argue their Manager and backroom team are better than ours as well. Given this it is not a massive surprise Chelsea should beat Saints every single time. Lets enjoy the wins when they come and try not to over react over a perfectly expected, albeit unecceptible, defeat.

Thanks to FF only lost 6 nil . Imagine if alex mcarthy was in goal ? 11-12 nil? Small mercies i know but im more worried about Ralph changing the goal keeper for the next game than ever before.

Hopefully lycano and Perraud back in the side tino needs time on the bench . Go 343 and have ago ? Hit it long when there is danger get the fowards to defend from the front like we used to so well .

Wtf has happend to us we beat west ham at home (i thought they were going to beat us until the wonder our goal ) then its like the fitness and desire has gone .

I know broja couldnt play yestday but he seems to have lost interest or at least the edge .

Very deflated

keep the faith coyr

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 11:10 - Apr 10 with 1621 viewsRon11

Not even a mid table club should lose 0-6 at home.
He's persisted with the 4-2-2-2 - it just didn't work , then he just seems at a loss what to do next.
The only reason it wasn't a 0-9 or worse was the fact that Fraser Forster pulled off some amazing saves - and when is the penny going to drop that JWP is not a defensive midfielder?
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 11:44 - Apr 10 with 1557 viewsBerber

There is no doubt that we could and should hav3 done better. But it was men against boys. Two f our best performers this year, Borja and Livramento would not get anywhere near that squad. Chelsea did everything that we aspire to, at will, at 100%, and with enthusiasm. And let’s not forget, with some fear for their positions too. Tuchel has the depth of resources to let them know that being dropped is not a nice place to be. I am sure that Lukaku, despite his millions was desperate to be in that team today.

RH has n such ability and depth to play with. If folk think that the players would respond better to a different manager, I would say think again. With the same squad, he would get about the same responses. Valerie, Armstrong and Bednarek were hopelessly out of their depth today, Smallbone was a willing worker in a hopeless situation.

We got a good spanking, and Chelsea showed us how to do what we try to do.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 12:10 - Apr 10 with 1515 viewsSadoldgit

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 11:44 - Apr 10 by Berber

There is no doubt that we could and should hav3 done better. But it was men against boys. Two f our best performers this year, Borja and Livramento would not get anywhere near that squad. Chelsea did everything that we aspire to, at will, at 100%, and with enthusiasm. And let’s not forget, with some fear for their positions too. Tuchel has the depth of resources to let them know that being dropped is not a nice place to be. I am sure that Lukaku, despite his millions was desperate to be in that team today.

RH has n such ability and depth to play with. If folk think that the players would respond better to a different manager, I would say think again. With the same squad, he would get about the same responses. Valerie, Armstrong and Bednarek were hopelessly out of their depth today, Smallbone was a willing worker in a hopeless situation.

We got a good spanking, and Chelsea showed us how to do what we try to do.

Completely agree with this. We are an average EPL team who, on our day, can beat anybody. We can also lose to anybody. Yesterday we were taken apart by one of the best teams in the world. What is important now is how the manager, coaching staff and players react. We have bounced back before and I am sure we will again, but let’s not pretend it has been a terrible season. Inconsistent yes, a disaster, no. It is still a work in progress. Get the recruitment right in the summer and there is no reason why we can’t finish in the top ten. Hopefully yesterday’s debacle will be enough to give everyone the kick up the bum needed to finish the season with a lot more effort.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 12:19 - Apr 10 with 1502 viewsdarthvader

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 12:10 - Apr 10 by Sadoldgit

Completely agree with this. We are an average EPL team who, on our day, can beat anybody. We can also lose to anybody. Yesterday we were taken apart by one of the best teams in the world. What is important now is how the manager, coaching staff and players react. We have bounced back before and I am sure we will again, but let’s not pretend it has been a terrible season. Inconsistent yes, a disaster, no. It is still a work in progress. Get the recruitment right in the summer and there is no reason why we can’t finish in the top ten. Hopefully yesterday’s debacle will be enough to give everyone the kick up the bum needed to finish the season with a lot more effort.

To be honest after yesturday im just hoping we get anough points to stay up . We have been sinking whilst teams below and around us have been winning .

keep the faith coyr

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 12:32 - Apr 10 with 1470 viewsSaintsforeverj

I really don't think changing the manager would make much difference to the table overall. Another manager might keep the score down, but the end result will be the same in the league. We will still struggle to finish in the top 10. Villa for example with Gerrard. They got thrashed 4 nil at home yesterday and that's with Coutinho, Ings, Watkins, Luiz etc. They have spent a lot of money and they got thrashed too. Watford and Norwich will be relegated despite changing their managers. Yes, it is embarrassing to keep getting these annual thrashings but Leeds have also lost by 6 and 7 this year. It's because we play in a open way and sometimes we get caught out. The alternative is to really tighten up but we won't get as many wins perhaps. But the PL is a dead league. It's boring and impossible to get anywhere, no matter what tactics you employ. The mentality of the players has changed too. They are weak and give up too easily.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 12:35]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 13:11 - Apr 10 with 1408 viewsSadoldgit

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 12:19 - Apr 10 by darthvader

To be honest after yesturday im just hoping we get anough points to stay up . We have been sinking whilst teams below and around us have been winning .

Indeed, but I can’t see us getting to the end of the season without picking up any more points. There has been a lot of talk about the Brentford game. I didn’t see it but Chelsea had 71% of the ball, 8 shots on target against their 6 and more than double the amount of “dangerous attacks”. On another day Chelsea would have taken the 3 points. There isn’t much good to be taken from yesterday’s result other than you would hope that everyone will now be extra focussed on putting in more effort in the remaining games to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Login to get fewer ads

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 14:57 - Apr 10 with 1312 viewssaintwizzler

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 13:11 - Apr 10 by Sadoldgit

Indeed, but I can’t see us getting to the end of the season without picking up any more points. There has been a lot of talk about the Brentford game. I didn’t see it but Chelsea had 71% of the ball, 8 shots on target against their 6 and more than double the amount of “dangerous attacks”. On another day Chelsea would have taken the 3 points. There isn’t much good to be taken from yesterday’s result other than you would hope that everyone will now be extra focussed on putting in more effort in the remaining games to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

The season ended when Manchester City scored their 4th.
The problem is the manager not playing a full strength side in a FA Cup Quarter Final at home.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:05 - Apr 10 with 1263 viewskingolaf

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 12:32 - Apr 10 by Saintsforeverj

I really don't think changing the manager would make much difference to the table overall. Another manager might keep the score down, but the end result will be the same in the league. We will still struggle to finish in the top 10. Villa for example with Gerrard. They got thrashed 4 nil at home yesterday and that's with Coutinho, Ings, Watkins, Luiz etc. They have spent a lot of money and they got thrashed too. Watford and Norwich will be relegated despite changing their managers. Yes, it is embarrassing to keep getting these annual thrashings but Leeds have also lost by 6 and 7 this year. It's because we play in a open way and sometimes we get caught out. The alternative is to really tighten up but we won't get as many wins perhaps. But the PL is a dead league. It's boring and impossible to get anywhere, no matter what tactics you employ. The mentality of the players has changed too. They are weak and give up too easily.

Leeds lost by 6 and 7 and sacked their manager…..
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:17 - Apr 10 with 1243 views1teeminants

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 12:32 - Apr 10 by Saintsforeverj

The reason we got mullered yesterday was because our players were on holiday for some reason. Chelsea were very good and they had a point to prove after recent defeats but We gave them far too much room to play their quick passes when in many games this season we have successfully pressed high. The only way you can get a result against these top teams is to get in their faces and we didn’t do that in any way.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:23 - Apr 10 with 1228 viewsI_would

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 08:05 - Apr 10 by saint68

I wanted him gone after his first 0-9 Bicester, a not afraid to say that at all, and at least a dozen times or more since I've called for him to be sacked..many of these occasions I've been called out for wanting him gone..

He's got to be slightly mental as the erratic performances ever since his second in command fuked off have been Bipolar.

My desire for him to go has been similar to I-would's obsession with JWP..but with Hassntaclue I'm correct.

You are indeed correct about Ralphy "The Press High and Lose" Hassentaclue. Oh, he's changing that now after six losses and a draw in a row. Doesn't take him long to catch on that the team are not up to the standard to implement those obsessional tactics. Seeing as you mention Ward Prowse, yesterday we were completely over run in CM (Oh is that where Prowse and Romeu play)? And Romeu was appalling and was dragged off but Prowse was left on to make it even easier for Chelsea by gifting a back header for a goal and then sprint-jogging back too slowly to make up for it.

I don't suppose anyone remembers the last time Prowse was out of it with a ban for three games. I do. We played very well, won and looked good doing it for all three games and then reverted back to inconsistent sh*te as soon as he came back.

Still, all you Prowsey droolers will carry on praising him up until we're 17th.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 16:25]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:28 - Apr 10 with 1221 viewsCenturion

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:23 - Apr 10 by I_would

You are indeed correct about Ralphy "The Press High and Lose" Hassentaclue. Oh, he's changing that now after six losses and a draw in a row. Doesn't take him long to catch on that the team are not up to the standard to implement those obsessional tactics. Seeing as you mention Ward Prowse, yesterday we were completely over run in CM (Oh is that where Prowse and Romeu play)? And Romeu was appalling and was dragged off but Prowse was left on to make it even easier for Chelsea by gifting a back header for a goal and then sprint-jogging back too slowly to make up for it.

I don't suppose anyone remembers the last time Prowse was out of it with a ban for three games. I do. We played very well, won and looked good doing it for all three games and then reverted back to inconsistent sh*te as soon as he came back.

The whole team (bar KWP and Forster), need a kick up the backsides.
Lets hope they show a bit more about them against Arsenal.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:34 - Apr 10 with 1209 viewsSadoldgit

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:23 - Apr 10 by I_would

Funny how you are nowhere to be seen when we win but are all over this place like a nasty rash when we lose.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:41 - Apr 10 with 1202 viewsI_would

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:34 - Apr 10 by Sadoldgit

Funny how you are nowhere to be seen when we win but are all over this place like a nasty rash when we lose.

You sad, deluded, so called fans, who like us to play inferior players so that we lose, need reminding just how joggy joggy crap WP is. When Ralphy finally gets chucked out ANY new manager will do the right thing and drop Prowsey and appoint a worthy captain.

Instead of spending all your time trolling other peoples comments why don't you try telling me what our great captain and leader did yesterday to justify being picked.

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 17:28 - Apr 10 with 1152 viewsMrangry25

I can take a defeat, but it is the manner in which we were defeated that has everybody pi**ed off. The manager didn’t even have the balls to apologise fir the abject sh**te we witnessed yesterday.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 17:29 - Apr 10 with 1152 viewsBicester_North

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:41 - Apr 10 by I_would

You sad, deluded, so called fans, who like us to play inferior players so that we lose, need reminding just how joggy joggy crap WP is. When Ralphy finally gets chucked out ANY new manager will do the right thing and drop Prowsey and appoint a worthy captain.

Instead of spending all your time trolling other peoples comments why don't you try telling me what our great captain and leader did yesterday to justify being picked.

In football you get picked based on previous performances, not sure if you know that. He won us a point in the last match with a top quality free kick.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 17:57 - Apr 10 with 1110 viewsI_would

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 17:29 - Apr 10 by Bicester_North

In football you get picked based on previous performances, not sure if you know that. He won us a point in the last match with a top quality free kick.

A Knighthood please for the man who earned us one point.

Yesterday he hardly touched the ball, he just chased Chelsea players about all over the place like a schoolboy. His tackling, blocking and anticipation was non existent and his negative back header was rightly punished. Plus as captain he had nothing to say to the beleaguered troops. He should have come off instead of Slowmeu, at least the score would have been 0-5 without his headed assist.

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 18:06 - Apr 10 with 1101 viewsBicester_North

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 17:57 - Apr 10 by I_would

A Knighthood please for the man who earned us one point.

Yesterday he hardly touched the ball, he just chased Chelsea players about all over the place like a schoolboy. His tackling, blocking and anticipation was non existent and his negative back header was rightly punished. Plus as captain he had nothing to say to the beleaguered troops. He should have come off instead of Slowmeu, at least the score would have been 0-5 without his headed assist.

Sadly for you he’s second top scorer and top for assists. Therefore unlikely to be dropped.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 18:43 - Apr 10 with 1057 viewsI_would

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 18:06 - Apr 10 by Bicester_North

Sadly for you he’s second top scorer and top for assists. Therefore unlikely to be dropped.

Very sad as you say.

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 19:55 - Apr 10 with 982 viewsdwayne_dibley

all bollux, we lost and it hurt

always next week

did not initially feel that way on the trip home, really needed an aardvark to kick

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 20:45 - Apr 10 with 917 viewskingslandstand1

Thanks Ralph and good bye on 16:17 - Apr 10 by 1teeminants

The reason we got mullered yesterday was because our players were on holiday for some reason. Chelsea were very good and they had a point to prove after recent defeats but We gave them far too much room to play their quick passes when in many games this season we have successfully pressed high. The only way you can get a result against these top teams is to get in their faces and we didn’t do that in any way.

They also stopped us going full bore in the first 10 mins or so as we normally do, and then had the audacity to get 2 quick goals which basically made our lot just give up the ghost

Maybe they don't realise that when you go 2 down early in the game you can actually come back in and maybe nick 1 or even 3 points!
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 04:57 - Apr 11 with 768 viewssledger

T*ts up as soon as our manager decided to set up the way he did,we needed to match there formation up man for man we just arnt good enough to play the likes of Chelsea in such an open fashion,he’s done it before ,deluded.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 09:18 - Apr 11 with 646 viewssaint901

I've said elsewhere that RH has a junk of blame here because he saw what was happening and did nothing to stop it.

He has limited resources it's true and the players were all poor and/or over run with 2 on 1 or worse most of the time. Nonetheless he needed to stop with the press sooner because Chelsea saw it coming and player through it, leaving a defence facing superior numbers.

Is changing RH the answer?

Perhaps, but not until the end of the season. The players have to realise that we need to survive this season and then think about what plans the new owner might have.

Without a nine figure investment over 2/3 years though, results like Saturday will continue no matter who is manager.
Thanks Ralph and good bye on 09:22 - Apr 11 with 643 viewssaints__fan__73

"we are no better than when he took over"

Really? We were 18th when he replaced Hughes...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024