Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL 08:41 - Apr 16 with 3164 viewsdarthvader

Really nervous about todays game after letting in 10 in our last 2 home games .

We have gone from being very hard to beat ,to easy pickings in about two months . I hope Perraud plays today as a proper leftback and KWP in the right back slot . Will Lycano play ? We need some hard tackles to get the crowd going followed by a decent performance .

Come on saints !!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 8:57]

keep the faith coyr

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:09 - Apr 16 with 2629 viewsMytchettSaint

I read somewhere that Lacazette hasn’t scored from open play since we played them last.

Lump on him today.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:24 - Apr 16 with 2619 viewsSaintNick

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:09 - Apr 16 by MytchettSaint

I read somewhere that Lacazette hasn’t scored from open play since we played them last.

Lump on him today.

That seems to be the thing with Saints, if someone hasnt scored for 10 years then they will do so against Saints

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:45 - Apr 16 with 2598 viewsChesham_Saint

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:24 - Apr 16 by SaintNick

That seems to be the thing with Saints, if someone hasnt scored for 10 years then they will do so against Saints

As was the case with Bergakamp when he first signed for them. Bupkiss for weeks and then pow! He plays against Saints and gets on the score sheet.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:52 - Apr 16 with 2590 viewsMytchettSaint

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:45 - Apr 16 by Chesham_Saint

As was the case with Bergakamp when he first signed for them. Bupkiss for weeks and then pow! He plays against Saints and gets on the score sheet.

I lumped on him that day all those years ago as you just knew it was coming.

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 10:27 - Apr 16 with 2556 viewsdirk_doone

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:45 - Apr 16 by Chesham_Saint

Danny Welbeck scoring 2 when Arsenal beat us 3-2 four years ago was another classic example. Those were his first goals that year and twice the number of goals he scored in the Premier League against all the other teams combined in the whole of 2018. I remember Arsenal fans singing his name and thinking, that's unusual, I can't recall them ever doing that before and they probably never did again.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 10:31]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 10:34 - Apr 16 with 2527 viewsDorsetIan

Unfortunately this is going to be my last game this season. Arsenal won’t be as clinical as Chelsea and we won’t be as complacent.

Hoping I might just see a final win but I’ll take a point and a decent performance. Broja is due a goal.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 10:47 - Apr 16 with 2521 viewsdirk_doone

It's a nice, sunny day. I'm just going to enjoy it whatever the result. If it's a dour scoreless draw, then great we'll have avoided defeat; if we lose by a big score then at least we'll have seen some goals. Some of the most entertaining games at St Mary's have been against Arsenal. The 2-2 draw on a rainy night at St Mary's in 2014 and the 3-2 in 2018, when a late Charlie Austin winner ended Arsenal's 22-match unbeaten run, were classics.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 10:48]

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 11:49 - Apr 16 with 2456 viewsgreen

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 10:47 - Apr 16 by dirk_doone

It's a nice, sunny day. I'm just going to enjoy it whatever the result. If it's a dour scoreless draw, then great we'll have avoided defeat; if we lose by a big score then at least we'll have seen some goals. Some of the most entertaining games at St Mary's have been against Arsenal. The 2-2 draw on a rainy night at St Mary's in 2014 and the 3-2 in 2018, when a late Charlie Austin winner ended Arsenal's 22-match unbeaten run, were classics.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 10:48]

Great games you mention. Can also add the game when Martina scored a screamer, did we win 4-0? The 3-2 when they were at their very best stage in 2002 or 2003 when Delgado scored and Pruttom attacking the linesman or was it the ref in another noughties game at SMS as well.
Login to get fewer ads

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 2451 viewsBerber

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 10:34 - Apr 16 by DorsetIan

Unfortunately this is going to be my last game this season. Arsenal won’t be as clinical as Chelsea and we won’t be as complacent.

Hoping I might just see a final win but I’ll take a point and a decent performance. Broja is due a goal.

This
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 2388 viewsUlsterBaz

Got the early flight back from Belfast this morning for this. Feeling very confident! lol
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 14:57 - Apr 16 with 2311 viewsluffy22

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 11:49 - Apr 16 by green

Great games you mention. Can also add the game when Martina scored a screamer, did we win 4-0? The 3-2 when they were at their very best stage in 2002 or 2003 when Delgado scored and Pruttom attacking the linesman or was it the ref in another noughties game at SMS as well.

Or yet another LeTis wonder strike against them in the last game at the Dell
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 16:07 - Apr 16 with 2183 viewssaint22

Finally playing our full backs in their correct positions

No Salisu either v interesting

COYS
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 16:10 - Apr 16 with 2184 viewsdarthvader

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 16:07 - Apr 16 by saint22

Finally playing our full backs in their correct positions

No Salisu either v interesting

COYS

Jan bednerak southampton goal machine

keep the faith coyr

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 16:56 - Apr 16 with 2104 viewsBicester_North

Thank fûck for Forster. Great win

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 16:57 - Apr 16 with 2096 viewsCity_boy

Great result and team worked hard. Arsenal were poor. Loads of possession but did very little with it, and resorting to speculative shots outside the box.

Playing 1 up front (Broja and then Long) didn't work. They were just chasing shadows and ball just kept coming back.

Vallery was lucky on a couple of occasions gifting them good chances. Forster kept us in the game.

An ugly win, but I'll take that after last week.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 16:57]
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 17:43 - Apr 16 with 1963 viewsSaintsforeverj

Tactics worked perfectly. One nil and three points. The tactics summed up the dilemma. All out attacking football but leave gaps at the back or keep it tight, one up front but get a nil nil or one nil win. We won one nil against a good side. Thrashed one week, win the next, that's Saints. But at least Ralph changed it and we won. Forster ofcourse was man of the match l.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 17:52 - Apr 16 with 1941 viewssaint68

3 points..10 pints and a bbq..fantastic day..

Effort was so different from last weeks capitulation..

What a difference that simple 3 points make..now to enjoy a great night and look forward to another season in the worlds most watched..but slightly imbalanced league.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 17:53 - Apr 16 with 1934 viewsElijahK

It really will be interesting to see how we go at the But key game now? As there was no Salisu or Livermento in the starting 11, yet all the defenders played great, and Bednerak got the winner, as well as Forster being amazing in goal (as I’ll certainly hold my hands up to admit I was wrong over him and McCarthy, as his distribution is poor, but the difference in their saving abilities certainly make up for that!).
But we had 5 at the back which makes you wonder if we’ll keep to that for Thursday or go back to 4. As Parraud was great again, but I wouldn’t necessarily play him all 3 games in the 8 days, but should play again in one of the remaining two with Livermento getting the other game.
Same question for who’s up from if we keep to 5, outta Adams or Broja, still should certainly be interesting.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 18:03 - Apr 16 with 1910 viewsMrangry25

good performance today from everyone, FF man of the match, but playing the lone striker up front is not how we play and I felt a little for Broja as he had little service and got dragged off for Shane Long ffs. Overall 3 points a clean sheet and a little boost to take up to Burnley on Thursday. COYR
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 18:37 - Apr 16 with 1817 viewsBerber

I very nearly didn’t drive down for the game, but gladI did. Part of my thinking was that at least O would see some good football, even if we did not play it. The back 3 worked very well together, by and large, kept it simple, and only got embarrassed a few times. Valera’s c0ck ups and Lyanco looking like a exhausted donkey before giving away the foul.

Both Bednarek and Valery played ok, and just maybe the simpler role in aback 3 is what they both need. Undoubted motm was Forster though, a couple of those slabs were magnificent.
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 18:46 - Apr 16 with 1796 viewsdirk_doone

A very enjoyable game and an excellent result. Bednarek looks much more comfortable alongside Lyanco than he does with Salisu. But, what made the game special was one of the best performances I've ever seen from a Saints goalkeeper, Some of those saves were just breathtaking.

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 19:34 - Apr 16 with 1691 viewssaint22

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 18:46 - Apr 16 by dirk_doone

A very enjoyable game and an excellent result. Bednarek looks much more comfortable alongside Lyanco than he does with Salisu. But, what made the game special was one of the best performances I've ever seen from a Saints goalkeeper, Some of those saves were just breathtaking.

you do have to worry if the rumours surrounding extending Mccarthys contract and selling FF are true
That will just set us back again at the start of next season
We have to sell AM and keep FF and find a very good back up
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 19:39 - Apr 16 with 1682 viewsElijahK

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 19:34 - Apr 16 by saint22

you do have to worry if the rumours surrounding extending Mccarthys contract and selling FF are true

Well thankfully they’re just rumours, but even then I’d hope that we could get one of the likes of Henderson or Pope, as whether you want Forster to stay or not, he is getting older and we do need a new top quality keeper, and might as well make the most of/take the opportunity to get the likes of Pope/Henderson or such whilst we have it

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 19:42 - Apr 16 with 1678 viewsMytchettSaint

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 19:34 - Apr 16 by saint22

They’re not rumours, McCarthy has had his contract extended.

I said walking out that we’d offered the wrong keeper a new contract.

Whoever’s decision it was needs kicking in the balls.

McCarthy FFS!

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 20:48 - Apr 16 with 1581 viewsElijahK

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 19:42 - Apr 16 by MytchettSaint

They’re not rumours, McCarthy has had his contract extended.

I said walking out that we’d offered the wrong keeper a new contract.

Whoever’s decision it was needs kicking in the balls.

McCarthy FFS!

But the clubs still not confirmed anything yet, so until that happens then they are rumours. As yeah it may have happened but as the clubs said nothing about it, then it’s just a rumour not a fact
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 22:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024