Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread 07:37 - Apr 21 with 5830 viewsSaintNick

Put this up early as have to hit the road, going to be a tough one this evening

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Apr 21 with 1447 viewsCity_boy

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Apr 21 by ElijahK

Well we got 3 points against Arsenal with the 3/5 at the back, so it’s fair enough that he kept it the same for today, but why he didn’t bring on Adams at halftime or such, I don’t get

We were very fortunate against Arsenal. Forster played a blinder and playing 1 up front didn't work in that game either.
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:02 - Apr 21 with 1435 viewsButty101

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Apr 21 by Saintsforeverj

The players couldn't care a less. We are safe and they are on holiday or off to another club.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 21:58]

I forgot we were playing tbh. I don’t care that we lost as it puts Everton in the mire

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Apr 21 with 1425 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:02 - Apr 21 by Butty101

I forgot we were playing tbh. I don’t care that we lost as it puts Everton in the mire

Yep I think Burnley have a great chance to survive. Everton have Liverpool and Chelsea next.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Apr 21 with 1407 viewsSaintsforeverj

Was Broja even on the pitch tonight?

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Apr 21 with 1398 viewsMeonsaint

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Apr 21 by Saintsforeverj

Yep I think Burnley have a great chance to survive. Everton have Liverpool and Chelsea next.

I hope them Scouse Kunts go down, stay down and suffer a fate worse than The Rams.
The fans are always pissed up and can never keep off the pitch. Kunts the lot of em.
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Apr 21 with 1351 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Apr 21 by Meonsaint

I hope them Scouse Kunts go down, stay down and suffer a fate worse than The Rams.
The fans are always pissed up and can never keep off the pitch. Kunts the lot of em.

And it would just be an interesting story wouldn't it. Everton have never been relegated I don't think, so it would be big news, so yeah I hope they go down.

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Apr 21 with 1334 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph was angry in his pre match interview. Saints were outworked, out battled, far too casual. So we got beat, simple as that.

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Apr 21 with 1219 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Apr 21 by Saintsforeverj

Ralph was angry in his pre match interview. Saints were outworked, out battled, far too casual. So we got beat, simple as that.

That’s ok then.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 23:35 - Apr 21 with 1172 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Apr 21 by saintwizzler

That’s ok then.

The players need to take some blame. They are on the pitch aren't they although that is debatable tonight.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 23:36]

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 07:42 - Apr 22 with 992 viewsMrangry25

He is always angry when he looses but nothing changes, when he wins he celebrates with the fans when he looses it is not his fault, I think the bloke has had his day with this lot and the wild mood swings must rub off on the players. That said I really do not understand what goes on at St Mary's or on the training ground we went on a fantastic run playing Spurs off the park, holding Man City and then we get beaten by Villa and since then we have been on the slide culminating in last nights capitulation again. When I saw the side last night I thought it was probably the nearest we have to the best XI (with the exception of Valery) but the formation was wrong, the issue for me is RH seems incapable of changing it until it is too late and more importantly our esteemed Captain incapable of leading from the front. I guess the wild swings are what we come to expect as a Saints supporter, lets hope that it swings the other way on Sunday. COYR
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Apr 22 with 894 viewsfranniesTache

Surely all of that sits on his shoulders, if he could see that why didn't he make a change?

Ralph has far too easy a ride and it can't be a coincidence that we've had absolutely no mental strength since he joined as manager.

I genuinely think it's time for him to go, let us get a new manager in before the end of the season and rebuild in the summer, because next season we're going to struggle with him in charge.
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 09:58 - Apr 22 with 872 viewsHeisenberg

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Apr 22 by franniesTache

Surely all of that sits on his shoulders, if he could see that why didn't he make a change?

Ralph has far too easy a ride and it can't be a coincidence that we've had absolutely no mental strength since he joined as manager.

I genuinely think it's time for him to go, let us get a new manager in before the end of the season and rebuild in the summer, because next season we're going to struggle with him in charge.

Genuine question. Who would you get in ? And given the resources available how much further up the league or longer runs in the cups do you think the new manager will achieve ? I agree Ralph’s tactics can be baffling at times and we are either really good or dire. Not sure changing managers before the end of the season will achieve anything. I have a feeling though Ralph may be off anyway. He has hinted he may only have 1 season after this left and like Korman not sure Saints will accept that.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 10:02 - Apr 22 with 868 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 09:58 - Apr 22 by Heisenberg

Genuine question. Who would you get in ? And given the resources available how much further up the league or longer runs in the cups do you think the new manager will achieve ? I agree Ralph’s tactics can be baffling at times and we are either really good or dire. Not sure changing managers before the end of the season will achieve anything. I have a feeling though Ralph may be off anyway. He has hinted he may only have 1 season after this left and like Korman not sure Saints will accept that.

Who do we get in isn't up to me, i'm not a professional football scout and the club should be doing that no me.

As for where do i think we should finish, probably around 8th-12th, but most importantly not getting d*cked every season would be nice.

Ralph gets such a free ride but he's really not that good, and i'm sick of our fans thinking he's the messiah cause he does fancy waving at them at the end of the game.
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 11:57 - Apr 22 with 777 viewssaintwizzler

The buck stops with the manager.
Gao has taken the blame when it’s been shit.
Now it’s time for Hassenhüttl to face the music.

But…
Let’s see what the final table looks like.
I can see us maybe picking up a point v Palace and maybe the same v Brentford but that’s it.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 12:42 - Apr 22 with 753 viewsdarthvader

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Apr 21 by Saintsforeverj

Was Broja even on the pitch tonight?

Only after che came on .

He cant play on his own up front

We may as well play shane long as a lone striker he will work and work chase and chase . Not sure broja can do that he need some one else to do the dirty work for him

keep the faith coyr

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 14:22 - Apr 22 with 699 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 10:02 - Apr 22 by franniesTache

Who do we get in isn't up to me, i'm not a professional football scout and the club should be doing that no me.

As for where do i think we should finish, probably around 8th-12th, but most importantly not getting d*cked every season would be nice.

Ralph gets such a free ride but he's really not that good, and i'm sick of our fans thinking he's the messiah cause he does fancy waving at them at the end of the game.

I'm not sure he gets a free ride. Fans have just become resigned to the fact that the PL is a dead league and we can't expect to get anywhere, when so many teams are spending 10 times our budget. The Puel situation still runs through people's minds too. We wanted him out after finishing 8th and cup final, and the result of getting rid of him was almost going down the very next season. We ended up with Pellegrino and Hughes. It's a matter of be careful what you wish for.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 14:24]

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 14:33 - Apr 22 with 681 views1885_SFC

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 09:58 - Apr 22 by Heisenberg

That was a mistake right there - telling the players he's more than likely only going to be here another season. Knowing that is hardly going to motivate an already unmotivated bunch.

Old School is Cool

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 15:17 - Apr 22 with 658 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 14:22 - Apr 22 by Saintsforeverj

I'm not sure he gets a free ride. Fans have just become resigned to the fact that the PL is a dead league and we can't expect to get anywhere, when so many teams are spending 10 times our budget. The Puel situation still runs through people's minds too. We wanted him out after finishing 8th and cup final, and the result of getting rid of him was almost going down the very next season. We ended up with Pellegrino and Hughes. It's a matter of be careful what you wish for.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 14:24]

I didn't want Puel out
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Apr 22 with 648 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 15:17 - Apr 22 by franniesTache

I didn't want Puel out

That's fair enough but Puel didn't last at Leicester either. It goes round and round and round. Leicester now have Rogers who is only two points above us and no better than when Puel was there. The end result has still been the same for the past 40 years has it not? In fact I have known a lot worse when we are mostly in a desperate relegation battle. My point is, it won't change. You may think it's time for a new manager, you are entitled to your opinion but I bet things don't change very much.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 15:31]

Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Apr 22 with 586 viewsCenturion

I sometimes wonder whether the ambition and objective of the club is simply to stay in the top flight.
In that respect before we were relegated in 2005 we had a 27 year run and now we have had a 10 year run.
Better than most and also on a limited budget.
Is 17th the bottom line and anything else simply a bonus?
Southampton V Burnley Matchday Thread on 17:53 - Apr 22 with 544 viewssledger

sky showed a re run of the final today under puel,firstly dont know how we lost but we played some great football and although we all moaned about puel and his tactics he was twice the manager ralph is or ever will be we need a new a new voice
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024