Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fake head injuries 18:13 - Apr 22 with 3297 viewssledger

teams taking advantage of this new rule in the penalty area is now a thing,stop it by insisting this player takes no further part in the game,what do people think
fake head injuries on 20:37 - Apr 22 with 2816 viewsBLEEDRED

Maybe they have to leave the pitch for 5 minutes to be given the once-over by a doctor
fake head injuries on 20:41 - Apr 22 with 2814 viewsdarthvader

fake head injuries on 20:37 - Apr 22 by BLEEDRED

Maybe they have to leave the pitch for 5 minutes to be given the once-over by a doctor

Yes this .

I was spitting blooody fire last night when they did it, and then the fückwit ref gave the ball to their keeper ?!

We was on the attack ffs . !

keep the faith coyr

fake head injuries on 21:32 - Apr 22 with 2775 viewsSaintsforeverj

The problem is, if they go down clutching their head, they have to stop the game in case it's genuine. The ball could smack him in the head or he could get stamped on during an attacking move. But ofcourse many players will pretend. What they could do is punish any player that pretends (i.e. no contact in replays) with a penalty and red card.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

fake head injuries on 19:19 - Apr 23 with 2560 viewsdwayne_dibley

within the rules, Saints should start doing it.

If all the lower PL teams did it then the top six would change the rules

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

fake head injuries on 12:41 - Apr 24 with 2444 viewskingolaf

Refs are so gullible.

They need to grow some balls.

If every team cynically used this tactic, the game would be ruined.

Supporters would eventually vote with their feet.
fake head injuries on 20:51 - Apr 27 with 2319 viewsSaintNick

That would stop the fake head injuries straight away, although it would be harsh on those genuinely injured

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

fake head injuries on 09:51 - Apr 28 with 2217 viewssaint901

Yep, should be a concussion protocol as we see in rugby.

Head injury means protocol engaged and the player has to be in the changing room completing an observed by the officiating team set of tests.

Only when satisfied he passes and a minimum of 5 minutes from the "injury" is he allowed back on the pitch. No temporary sub allowed.
fake head injuries on 10:31 - Apr 28 with 2195 viewsDorsetIan

A simple solution with very little to say against it.

Let's watch the FA dither and then introduce something far more complicated that doesn't work.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

fake head injuries on 11:22 - Apr 28 with 2175 viewsSonicBoom

Umm lets be honest. Saints were doing their "pretend to be injured on the 60 minute mark " to get a break, drinks and a tactical update. And we all thought that was funny.
It's basically the same thing. Faking injury to get an advantage. It happens.
fake head injuries on 11:26 - Apr 28 with 2172 viewsChesham_Saint

fake head injuries on 11:22 - Apr 28 by SonicBoom

Umm lets be honest. Saints were doing their "pretend to be injured on the 60 minute mark " to get a break, drinks and a tactical update. And we all thought that was funny.
It's basically the same thing. Faking injury to get an advantage. It happens.

Actually the 60 minute thing turned out to be a fallacy didn’t it?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

fake head injuries on 18:12 - Apr 28 with 2118 viewsSaintsforeverj

fake head injuries on 10:31 - Apr 28 by DorsetIan

A simple solution with very little to say against it.

Let's watch the FA dither and then introduce something far more complicated that doesn't work.

How is it a solution? A player clutching his head in the box, will still result in the game being stopped. The game would be stopped for the player to be removed to the side of the pitch for 5 minutes. The cheating would still continue because the game would still be stopped, preventing an attacking move.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 18:13]

fake head injuries on 19:09 - Apr 28 with 2098 viewsDorsetIan

fake head injuries on 18:12 - Apr 28 by Saintsforeverj

How is it a solution? A player clutching his head in the box, will still result in the game being stopped. The game would be stopped for the player to be removed to the side of the pitch for 5 minutes. The cheating would still continue because the game would still be stopped, preventing an attacking move.

Some will be put off from having to miss 5 mins from the re-start. Make it 10 mins if you like.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

fake head injuries on 00:46 - Apr 29 with 2052 viewsElijahK

It’s not a new rule as it’s been around for ages, but why certain officials are starting to give the ball back to the defensive team when the attacking team were in possession doesn’t make sense.
But yeah they need to edit the injury treatment rules duration, as refs are meant to let them back into play as soon as the ball is in play and they can’t make any direct effect on the first playing, but after that can. But I think to stop the faking/exaggeration of injuries, players have to go off for at least 1/2 minutes to try and prevent it, as well as dropped balls being given to the team that had possession and not the defensive one.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

fake head injuries on 00:49 - Apr 29 with 2050 viewsElijahK

fake head injuries on 12:41 - Apr 24 by kingolaf

Refs are so gullible.

They need to grow some balls.

If every team cynically used this tactic, the game would be ruined.

Supporters would eventually vote with their feet.

And many fans like yourself are quite arrogant, as you need to learn the rules, as that’s what the officials have to follow, and if they don’t, then they’d loose there job, as player safety is the most important thing in the game, and it’s not always obvious of when ones faking and when ones not.
So really the laws need changing as it’s got nothing to do with the refs, as they’re as much at fault for this, as arrogant fans like yourself are

fake head injuries on 00:50 - Apr 29 with 2048 viewsElijahK

fake head injuries on 20:51 - Apr 27 by SaintNick

That would stop the fake head injuries straight away, although it would be harsh on those genuinely injured

Well that’s the issue, as you punish both the real and the fake injuries, when we just wanna punish the fakers (hence why no rules ever been in place). But if they are genuinely injured then a few minutes would do them no harm, whilst if they’re not then it teaches them a lesson

fake head injuries on 00:52 - Apr 29 with 2046 viewsElijahK

fake head injuries on 18:12 - Apr 28 by Saintsforeverj

Because players would only go down if they were truly hurt, as if they weren’t then their teams down to 10 men for X minutes, and if the ref has given the ball back to the appropriate side (so the attacking one for most scenarios) then they’ll still be on the attack when play is restarted.

fake head injuries on 06:53 - Apr 29 with 2020 viewsBerber

fake head injuries on 20:51 - Apr 27 by SaintNick

Why would it be harsh on genuinely injured players, they surely need protecting, that is why the rule is there?

The rule should also apply to players that get a kick on the ankle and go down clutching their face.
fake head injuries on 11:00 - Apr 29 with 1960 viewsSaintsforeverj

fake head injuries on 06:53 - Apr 29 by Berber

Why would it be harsh on genuinely injured players, they surely need protecting, that is why the rule is there?

The rule should also apply to players that get a kick on the ankle and go down clutching their face.

I suppose it's harsh on genuinely injured players, as their team has to play with 10 men for 5 or 10 minutes, rather than being allowed to sub or stopping the game for treatment. A player who has a serious head injury, has his team punished. It would stop the cheating I suppose. But players could still weigh up, playing with ten men for a few minutes vs stopping an equaliser in the last few minutes.

fake head injuries on 11:25 - Apr 29 with 1951 viewssledger

Get rid of the extra sub rule,any player suffering a blow to the head requiring treatment is automatically subbed off and if you’ve used all you’re subs as with injury it’s just bad luck,soon stop all the cheaters
fake head injuries on 11:55 - Apr 29 with 1946 viewsChesham_Saint

fake head injuries on 11:00 - Apr 29 by Saintsforeverj

I suppose it's harsh on genuinely injured players, as their team has to play with 10 men for 5 or 10 minutes, rather than being allowed to sub or stopping the game for treatment. A player who has a serious head injury, has his team punished. It would stop the cheating I suppose. But players could still weigh up, playing with ten men for a few minutes vs stopping an equaliser in the last few minutes.

Why not adopt the rugby rule of bringing on a replacement whilst the "injured" player is assessed?
Aside from the gross advantage the top 6 now have by potentially having 5 world class players on their bench, would this work if followed up by an independent medical assessment?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

fake head injuries on 17:28 - Apr 29 with 1901 viewssledger

Trust football to abuse a rule that was brought in for the health and safety of the players
fake head injuries on 18:02 - Apr 29 with 1894 viewskingolaf

fake head injuries on 00:49 - Apr 29 by ElijahK

And many fans like yourself are quite arrogant, as you need to learn the rules, as that’s what the officials have to follow, and if they don’t, then they’d loose there job, as player safety is the most important thing in the game, and it’s not always obvious of when ones faking and when ones not.
So really the laws need changing as it’s got nothing to do with the refs, as they’re as much at fault for this, as arrogant fans like yourself are

A blind man could see that Burnley were taking the mickey.

I don’t like your tone either. You come across as an angry person.
fake head injuries on 21:01 - Apr 29 with 1857 viewsElijahK

fake head injuries on 18:02 - Apr 29 by kingolaf

A blind man could see that Burnley were taking the mickey.

I don’t like your tone either. You come across as an angry person.

Ok but rules are rules, and you’ve gotta follow them. As I as well as yourself and many others, have probably all seen someone go down and thought that they were faking, but after they stayed down for like 6 minutes and were subbed/stretchered off, changed our mind.
As player safety is the most important thing, and the laws will never risk a players safety to stop exaggeration/simulation and such, so refs have to always keep to that.
As yeah after it’s happened we can almost always tell, but before/during you can never be 100%, and if it’s a head injury they’ve gotta stop play, even if a refs pretty certain that they are taking the mickey, as if they’re not and they’ve got a serious head injury that’s not treated as soon as possible, well it sure can be one dangerous looking path.

And no I’m not an angry person, I’m just someone who (unlike others) know the LOTG and will certainly defend refs when they’re criticised for things they do correctly/what’s been said is a load of waffle, as I myself am in their position multiple times every week and hate it when fans come on and think they know it all, when in reality they don’t.

fake head injuries on 05:53 - Apr 30 with 1781 viewskingolaf

fake head injuries on 21:01 - Apr 29 by ElijahK

Ok but rules are rules, and you’ve gotta follow them. As I as well as yourself and many others, have probably all seen someone go down and thought that they were faking, but after they stayed down for like 6 minutes and were subbed/stretchered off, changed our mind.
As player safety is the most important thing, and the laws will never risk a players safety to stop exaggeration/simulation and such, so refs have to always keep to that.
As yeah after it’s happened we can almost always tell, but before/during you can never be 100%, and if it’s a head injury they’ve gotta stop play, even if a refs pretty certain that they are taking the mickey, as if they’re not and they’ve got a serious head injury that’s not treated as soon as possible, well it sure can be one dangerous looking path.

And no I’m not an angry person, I’m just someone who (unlike others) know the LOTG and will certainly defend refs when they’re criticised for things they do correctly/what’s been said is a load of waffle, as I myself am in their position multiple times every week and hate it when fans come on and think they know it all, when in reality they don’t.

Thanks for replying without insulting me. Feels good doesn’t it.

You have a point regarding the refs. I can see now that they are in a difficult position. Still, something must be done. It’s going to really spoil the game.
fake head injuries on 06:54 - Apr 30 with 1776 viewsdwayne_dibley

fake head injuries on 05:53 - Apr 30 by kingolaf

Thanks for replying without insulting me. Feels good doesn’t it.

You have a point regarding the refs. I can see now that they are in a difficult position. Still, something must be done. It’s going to really spoil the game.

if players and coaches spot a percieved loophole in the LOTG they will exploit it in the spirit of competition fuelled by the large sums of money involved.

The old phrase "Gentlemen or Players" seems to apply

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024