Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Young fans betrayed 15:35 - Jul 6 with 2213 viewssaint_tel

So our young fans have been sold out again to a bet sponsorship. Remember when my son could wear Air Florida,Rank Xerox, Draper, Sanderson etc,now my grandchildren have to have Utilata across the front.I always saw betting as an addiction .Can't see my grandchildren framing their shirts like my son !
Young fans betrayed on 16:12 - Jul 6 with 2126 viewssaints__fan__73

Utilata is an energy company you simpleton.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Young fans betrayed on 17:00 - Jul 6 with 2084 viewsElijahK

Ok but betting is down to themselves to whether or not they do it, as it’s not like anyone forced to do it, and just because a few can’t control themselves/become too addicted to it, why should others have to miss out?
As any decent parents wouldn’t let their kids bet (or certainly at least not frequently) in the first place, and once they’ve grown up then let them decide, so age shouldn’t be that big of a deal ether.
So in reality, whether the betting companies sponsor our, or other teams shirts or not makes no real difference at the end of the day, as it’s each to their own as to whether it becomes an issue for them or not.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Young fans betrayed on 17:01 - Jul 6 with 2080 viewsfranniesTache

Young fans betrayed on 17:00 - Jul 6 by ElijahK

Ok but betting is down to themselves to whether or not they do it, as it’s not like anyone forced to do it, and just because a few can’t control themselves/become too addicted to it, why should others have to miss out?
As any decent parents wouldn’t let their kids bet (or certainly at least not frequently) in the first place, and once they’ve grown up then let them decide, so age shouldn’t be that big of a deal ether.
So in reality, whether the betting companies sponsor our, or other teams shirts or not makes no real difference at the end of the day, as it’s each to their own as to whether it becomes an issue for them or not.

Bet you a fiver that's not true
Young fans betrayed on 17:27 - Jul 6 with 2037 viewssaint_tel

Think you missed the point. I know it's an energy company but it's not the same .The Younger fans seem to be taking second best which to my mind is a completely different kit. Still,that's just my opinion!
Young fans betrayed on 17:52 - Jul 6 with 1991 viewsElijahK

Young fans betrayed on 17:01 - Jul 6 by franniesTache

Bet you a fiver that's not true

And what is it that’s not true?…

Young fans betrayed on 17:53 - Jul 6 with 1988 viewsElijahK

Young fans betrayed on 17:27 - Jul 6 by saint_tel

Think you missed the point. I know it's an energy company but it's not the same .The Younger fans seem to be taking second best which to my mind is a completely different kit. Still,that's just my opinion!

And what is it you mean by the younger fans taking second best?

Young fans betrayed on 18:47 - Jul 6 with 1931 viewsdirk_doone

Young fans betrayed on 17:53 - Jul 6 by ElijahK

And what is it you mean by the younger fans taking second best?

They can't enjoy the white knuckle ride of an Air Florida flight into the Potomac River. Air Florida was declared bankrupt in the middle of the sponsorship deal with SFC. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel: Air Florida's IATA code is now used by Bamboo Airways. Maybe we can get them to sponsor us?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 20:11]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Young fans betrayed on 10:54 - Jul 7 with 1722 viewssledger

did you hand on heart really know it wasnt a betting company lol,and at the end of the day as long as its saints red and white who cares who is the sponser.
Login to get fewer ads

Young fans betrayed on 15:12 - Jul 7 with 1649 viewsTimSaint

To be fair, it was the same last season, so we all knew what to expect.

I think there are laws against clubs being allowed to have betting sponsors on the front of kids shirts - hence the alternative.

The Sponsorship on the front shouldn't detract from the fact that it is still a Saints Shirt, or is the point you are trying to make that it is not a proper Saints shirt unless it has the correct first team sponsors on it ? If so, would you advocate betting sponsorship on kids shirts, or simply prefer us to take up a sponsor that is able to be shown on all shirts ?

TimSaint

Young fans betrayed on 21:26 - Jul 7 with 1573 viewsPeterL22

Easy answer - ban all betting sponsorship (like tobacco & alcohol).
Gambling addiction is recognised as a medical problem.
I would prefer Saints first team to run on in shirts with Utlata on them!!
Young fans betrayed on 22:12 - Jul 7 with 1544 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

"So our young fans have been sold out again to a bet sponsorship"

Well done.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Young fans betrayed on 22:26 - Jul 7 with 1502 viewssledger

why are people argueing about some inane writing on the front of there shirt that the majority of people dont take any notice of.
Young fans betrayed on 08:34 - Jul 8 with 1398 viewsSaintNick

Young fans betrayed on 22:26 - Jul 7 by sledger

why are people argueing about some inane writing on the front of there shirt that the majority of people dont take any notice of.

I don't buy the replica shirts, but if I did i would want it to be what it says on the tin, "Replica" that means the same sponsor that is on the first team kit.

Personally in the past I have had no issues with whoever's name is on the front in terms of what they do, if it is legal to gamble, then what is the issue with a gambling firm advertising.

If an individual is going to take up gambling, I think the name of a gambling firm on a football shirt is the least of the issue, they can walk into a bookies shop or just google on line firms.

Again this might not be the pc take on things, but somewhere along the line we all have to take our own decisions on what we do.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024