Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Boo Boy 19:45 - Jul 24 with 3158 viewsfelly1

Well we certainly have 3 or 4 current squad players that raise the heckles.
Can you recall back in the good old or not so old days players that got their fair share of stick.
I remember back in the mid 80s stood at the back Milton with all the tough 15 year olds screaming abuse at the hapless stand in right back Steve Baker.
I've always had a soft spot these hapless heroes.
Favourite Boo Boy on 16:46 - Jul 25 with 1021 viewssolent_toffee

I can’t believe that Feck Off Fuller hasn’t been mentioned, booed and chanted as he came on as sub in a game I remember.
Favourite Boo Boy on 16:55 - Jul 25 with 1009 viewssaints__fan__73

And Kenwynne Jones.

Black players really seem to annoy a certain section of our fanbase.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Favourite Boo Boy on 17:13 - Jul 25 with 1005 viewsBicester_North

Favourite Boo Boy on 16:55 - Jul 25 by saints__fan__73

And Kenwynne Jones.

What a weird comment

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Favourite Boo Boy on 19:59 - Jul 25 with 939 viewscocklebreath

And Kenwynne Jones.

What a knob you are

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Favourite Boo Boy on 20:12 - Jul 25 with 939 viewsCity_boy

Steve Baker
Favourite Boo Boy on 20:49 - Jul 25 with 918 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

Favourite Boo Boy on 08:34 - Jul 25 by kernow

That's because the ball slid off your brylcreem every time you went to head it.

Haha! Didn't have enought hair to make it worth buying the Brylcreme!
Favourite Boo Boy on 21:56 - Jul 25 with 897 viewsSaintNick

And Kenwynne Jones.

IN all my years of supporting Saints I never felt a real racist vibe against any of our players, whatever colour they were based on perceived merit and not the colour of their skin

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Favourite Boo Boy on 07:57 - Jul 26 with 831 viewssaintwizzler

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:56 - Jul 25 by SaintNick

IN all my years of supporting Saints I never felt a real racist vibe against any of our players, whatever colour they were based on perceived merit and not the colour of their skin

David Armstrong and Chris Marsden received abuse from angry hairobics.
It was not Saintly.

More recently Pelle’s syrup caused damp underwear from the female contingent and Little Theo gasps of “what the fûck is that?”

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Boo Boy on 08:31 - Jul 26 with 827 viewskernow

Favourite Boo Boy on 07:57 - Jul 26 by saintwizzler

David Armstrong and Chris Marsden received abuse from angry hairobics.
It was not Saintly.

More recently Pelle’s syrup caused damp underwear from the female contingent and Little Theo gasps of “what the fûck is that?”

I withdraw my hairobic, unsaintly comments.

Suitably chastened.
Favourite Boo Boy on 08:40 - Jul 26 with 822 viewsdarthvader

Maya Yoshida .
Captain of national side Japan. (Still)
Seemed to get a lot of stick from certain sections of fans even when he had a better game than most.

There were a few mistakes in his game early on that were never forgotten by some but no more than any other player, it's just it was in a last man position where it occurred that may have led to a goal.

For me I loved him, fully committed tough and loyal. Also won me a few quid for the few goals he scored.

I'd like him in our defence even now, the experience would help our younger players no end.

keep the faith coyr

Favourite Boo Boy on 08:43 - Jul 26 with 820 viewskernow

Favourite Boo Boy on 08:40 - Jul 26 by darthvader

Maya Yoshida .
Seemed to get a lot of stick from certain sections of fans even when he had a better game than most.

There were a few mistakes in his game early on that were never forgotten by some but no more than any other player, it's just it was in a last man position where it occurred that may have led to a goal.

For me I loved him, fully committed tough and loyal. Also won me a few quid for the few goals he scored.

I'd like him in our defence even now, the experience would help our younger players no end.

Good post in support of Maya.
He was made the scapegoat for "that" game.
Favourite Boo Boy on 09:07 - Jul 26 with 811 viewssaintwizzler

Favourite Boo Boy on 08:40 - Jul 26 by darthvader

Maya Yoshida .

Mr Vader, I’d have you and Jabba The Hutt in defence over what we have at present.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:28 - Jul 26 with 781 viewsdarthvader

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:07 - Jul 26 by saintwizzler

Mr Vader, I’d have you and Jabba The Hutt in defence over what we have at present.

I do posses a good block move, jabba is a little slow nowadays thou , some say he's a tad overweight

keep the faith coyr

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:35 - Jul 26 with 778 viewssaints__fan__73

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:56 - Jul 25 by SaintNick

Really? You've never heard a racist comment directed at a player from one of our fans in all of the thousands of games you've been to? We must be the only club in the land where that's the case.

My comment re: Kenwynne was from a game I was at where, after he missed a chance, a fan near me sprinted down the stairway and yelled 'you f'kin useless black c***' at him. I guess that was just a term of endearment.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Favourite Boo Boy on 10:16 - Jul 26 with 762 viewsBuggalugs

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:35 - Jul 26 by saints__fan__73

Really? You've never heard a racist comment directed at a player from one of our fans in all of the thousands of games you've been to? We must be the only club in the land where that's the case.

My comment re: Kenwynne was from a game I was at where, after he missed a chance, a fan near me sprinted down the stairway and yelled 'you f'kin useless black c***' at him. I guess that was just a term of endearment.

"a game I was at"

Fake news.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Favourite Boo Boy on 10:24 - Jul 26 with 749 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:35 - Jul 26 by saints__fan__73

Did I say I had never heard a racist comment ? No I said I never felt a racist vibe around the club, of course I have heard individual abuse so as it concerns you so much I will ask you what you did about that racist comment.

When I heard abuse at QPR a few years back from a Saints fan I turned round and challenged him on it, I made him shut up, what did you do when you heard it, I suspect that you might have asked him for his user name on Saints social media so you could harangue him about it from a cloak of anonymity at your leisure.

The fact that both our stories seem to be from a decade or so ago seems to evidence that there is little racism around Southampton FC fans these days, of course there will always be some, but in the main it is rarely heard.

Favourite Boo Boy on 12:28 - Jul 26 with 713 viewsButty101

Favourite Boo Boy on 10:24 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

Did I say I had never heard a racist comment ? No I said I never felt a racist vibe around the club, of course I have heard individual abuse so as it concerns you so much I will ask you what you did about that racist comment.

When I heard abuse at QPR a few years back from a Saints fan I turned round and challenged him on it, I made him shut up, what did you do when you heard it, I suspect that you might have asked him for his user name on Saints social media so you could harangue him about it from a cloak of anonymity at your leisure.

The fact that both our stories seem to be from a decade or so ago seems to evidence that there is little racism around Southampton FC fans these days, of course there will always be some, but in the main it is rarely heard.

The mid 80s Milton end used to be quite lively. Lots of songs using the word trigger and shooting a certain amount race

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Favourite Boo Boy on 13:15 - Jul 26 with 685 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 12:28 - Jul 26 by Butty101

The mid 80s Milton end used to be quite lively. Lots of songs using the word trigger and shooting a certain amount race

You are right in the 1980's it was still prevalent and tolerated, thankfully in the 1990's it started to die out a little thanks to the initiatives run not just by clubs but the Independent supporters associations prevalent at the time and the rise of the fanzine culture

Favourite Boo Boy on 00:55 - Jul 27 with 547 viewsdarthvader

Favourite Boo Boy on 13:15 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

You are right in the 1980's it was still prevalent and tolerated, thankfully in the 1990's it started to die out a little thanks to the initiatives run not just by clubs but the Independent supporters associations prevalent at the time and the rise of the fanzine culture

I attended Liverpool v Everton (best mate was big Everton fan so saw lots of games ,I took him to saints games ) in 87 I think it was- league cup evening game, stood on Everton side of the kop .Everton won late on if I recall

Never before did I see so much casual and disgusting Racism from name calling and chanting to spitting and constant banana throwing at John Barnes. Much the same at the Semi final at Highbury against Arsenal ,not against any player specifically but they were fighting with Arsenal fans and police just because they were black . Put me off going with him after that.
Phuck all I could do about it as a scrawny teenager, Idv been beat to shïte

He owed me so took him to several Saints games and made him drive
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 0:57]

keep the faith coyr

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:24 - Jul 27 with 479 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 00:55 - Jul 27 by darthvader

I attended Liverpool v Everton (best mate was big Everton fan so saw lots of games ,I took him to saints games ) in 87 I think it was- league cup evening game, stood on Everton side of the kop .Everton won late on if I recall

Never before did I see so much casual and disgusting Racism from name calling and chanting to spitting and constant banana throwing at John Barnes. Much the same at the Semi final at Highbury against Arsenal ,not against any player specifically but they were fighting with Arsenal fans and police just because they were black . Put me off going with him after that.
Phuck all I could do about it as a scrawny teenager, Idv been beat to shïte

He owed me so took him to several Saints games and made him drive
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 0:57]

Truth is that Merseyside was the last bastion of racism in football, John Barnes was probably one of the first black players to make it as a true first team regular and that was 1987 and as mentioned his welcome at Goodison from Everton fans was well documented at the time.

In 1975, Cliff Marshall became Everton’s first ever black player (note: Mike Trebilcock was mixed-race), and he made his last appearance for the club on August 30th, 1975. They then didn’t have another black player until 19 years later. At that time, the summer of 1994, Everton were the only Premier League club without a black player.

Liverpool to be honest were not that much better, however perhaps due to their more mixed race fan base from across the country, there were black faces in the crowd and from 1987 in the team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024