Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five Subs 10:43 - Aug 7 with 1586 viewssolent_toffee

How was it in the Saints game.

Watching the Everton v Chelsea game it absolutely screamed of preservation of the top 5. It was very confusing. Everton had two injuries which somehow meant they were only able to use four of the subs. Chelsea managed to use all five, wasting stupid amounts of time in the process whilst bringing on about 250 million pounds worth of players.

We need the creators of the new rule, Pep and Klopp, to come out and explain what it is.

Either way, it’s just anothe nail into the game we once knew.
Five Subs on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 1570 viewsPatfromPoole

We used it to great effect.

Redderz was brought on in the 92nd minute and we looked very solid from that moment onwards.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Five Subs on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 1454 viewsSadoldgit

I’ve always thought it favoured the big cubs and was against it from the start. We actually became worse after the two subs at half time but that is more a problem of having Stephens and Valery in the squad. Spurs brought on 4 players in one go near the end which took an age. Being able to change half your team will only work when you have quality in the bench. Ralph talked about it being good for us because the strikers get worn out due to the high press, but as we are short on strikers and appear to have given up the 4222 I don’t see how that works for us.
Five Subs on 13:33 - Aug 7 with 1437 viewsCapt_Koons

Couldn't agree with you more Toffee. Why the 'other' 14 clubs voted for this when it disproportionately favours the big six is beyond me. For the sake of football we ought to be doing things to make the game more competitive not less.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Five Subs on 13:52 - Aug 7 with 1409 viewsdwayne_dibley

Five Subs on 13:33 - Aug 7 by Capt_Koons

Couldn't agree with you more Toffee. Why the 'other' 14 clubs voted for this when it disproportionately favours the big six is beyond me. For the sake of football we ought to be doing things to make the game more competitive not less.

turkeys actually worked out that voting for Christmas meant a lot more of them got to have a gobble

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Five Subs on 15:07 - Aug 7 with 1362 viewskingslandstand1

Five Subs on 13:18 - Aug 7 by Sadoldgit

I’ve always thought it favoured the big cubs and was against it from the start. We actually became worse after the two subs at half time but that is more a problem of having Stephens and Valery in the squad. Spurs brought on 4 players in one go near the end which took an age. Being able to change half your team will only work when you have quality in the bench. Ralph talked about it being good for us because the strikers get worn out due to the high press, but as we are short on strikers and appear to have given up the 4222 I don’t see how that works for us.

It looked like he'd given up on the high press as well! Where on earth was the quick closing down that got him so many plaudits when he arrived with press talk of him even replacing poor old OGS at United!

But I also agree with you re the 5 subs - not for squads like ours
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 15:08]
Five Subs on 16:44 - Aug 7 with 1301 viewsdarthvader

Five Subs on 15:07 - Aug 7 by kingslandstand1

It looked like he'd given up on the high press as well! Where on earth was the quick closing down that got him so many plaudits when he arrived with press talk of him even replacing poor old OGS at United!

But I also agree with you re the 5 subs - not for squads like ours
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 15:08]

There was no press at all.. Letting them cross after cross was criminal. DON'T LET THEM CROSS! at least make it hard for them to cross
I'd rather us play the high pressing game then at least the five sub rule would work in our favour. Bringing on pacey strikers in the second half to at least have a go like yesterday ....oh wait ...no that's right we took off a striker and left our only other one in the squad on the bench.... of course what genius .

keep the faith coyr

Five Subs on 17:01 - Aug 7 with 1273 viewssaint68

Ralph thinks it's amazing..Ralph's obviously a coont.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Five Subs on 18:19 - Aug 7 with 1216 viewskingslandstand1

As City are also now proving
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024