Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimsby (h) Match Thread 07:14 - Aug 12 with 23443 viewsHullDale

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:04 - Aug 16 with 975 viewsDale_4_Life

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 12:37 - Aug 16 by BillyRudd

Wise post. Making it all the more unfortunate that we did,nt convert the numerous chances to score early doors. If it was their plan it would have been totally disrupted having then to chase the game. Football! Such fine margins. Up the Dale

Should have been 2-0 up after 10 minutes...

Far superior first half and playing really well and then terrible second.

Grimsby grew into the game but they should have been put to bed and tucked up 1st half.

Why did we start playing short to full backs again second half?? FFS it was like the worse of last season again. Get the ball down the pitch away from danger and fight like mad for the 1st ball / 2nd ball / scraps....

On another day we would have 3 points on the board. I don't begrudge Grimsby the win but its galling that we masterminded our own defeat.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 16 with 950 viewsEllDale

As I understand it the theory is that you can throw a full bottle onto the pitch if the top is still on and it is a heavy, dangerous object.
Take off the top and it's a lot less damaging as a missile.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:17 - Aug 16 with 799 viewstony_roch975

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 16 by EllDale

As I understand it the theory is that you can throw a full bottle onto the pitch if the top is still on and it is a heavy, dangerous object.
Take off the top and it's a lot less damaging as a missile.

good theory - but you are allowed to empty the bottle outside, fill it inside & replace the top or buy one with a top from a kiosk. Equally the frisking at the turnstiles was spasmodic - several fellow fans in the Main Stand with full bottles weren't frisked.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 17:19]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 18:13 - Aug 16 with 678 viewsTVOS1907

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 15:03 - Aug 16 by Bainesy15

What was said? I know it's common practice but I've never understood the reasoning

It's an instruction from the safety people.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 18:14 - Aug 16 with 678 viewsDale_4_Life

The stewards can be so overbearing.

A lad before me in the queue had a 3 year old girl.. with a barbie style pink rucksack with her things in it that the dad was carrying.

Idiot steward almost man handling him "let me see in the bag" one Teddy bear and a lightweight jumper later (just in case she got cold) not a flare or a knife or anything sinister obviously.

The profiling is terrible they have absolutely not got the first idea it winds me up every time I approach a turnstile.

Hardly the antics trying to encourage families it DOES put people off and yet they still persist. The club needs to act.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 18:28 - Aug 16 with 659 viewsDaleiLama

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 18:14 - Aug 16 by Dale_4_Life

The stewards can be so overbearing.

A lad before me in the queue had a 3 year old girl.. with a barbie style pink rucksack with her things in it that the dad was carrying.

Idiot steward almost man handling him "let me see in the bag" one Teddy bear and a lightweight jumper later (just in case she got cold) not a flare or a knife or anything sinister obviously.

The profiling is terrible they have absolutely not got the first idea it winds me up every time I approach a turnstile.

Hardly the antics trying to encourage families it DOES put people off and yet they still persist. The club needs to act.

May I suggest that instead of posting on here, you raise it with Murray assuming you are a Trust member and indeed if others have been unfairly or over-zealously treated they should do so also. The club can't act if it isn't aware of the problem? Simon Gauge is hardly likely to be searched for flares.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024