Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UNITED Kingdom 16:18 - Sep 11 with 14766 viewsCatullus

People can talk about Scottish indy but judging by the crowds forming and growing up in Scotland, a lot of people, a great lot of people are grieving the Queen's death and all across the UK we are seeing people united by this.

Happy times don't bring people together but tragedies do and it looks like the majority see her passing as a tragedy, maybe King Charles can take advantage of this and strengthen the unity going forward.

Will the Queen pasing actually make the UK a more unified place?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UNITED Kingdom on 10:03 - Sep 20 with 1299 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 21:41 - Sep 19 by Catullus

Really? Personally I think Blair knew very well that there was a real possibility of British soldiers being chased down as criminals while the real criminals got a free pass.

If the IRA (and other terrorist groups) hadn't been murdering people there wouldn't have been the same British military presence.

The justifivation for the deployment of British troops, of course,was to protect the Catholic community from the loyalist gangs.

Beware of the Risen People

UNITED Kingdom on 10:11 - Sep 20 with 1298 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 10:03 - Sep 20 by Kilkennyjack

The justifivation for the deployment of British troops, of course,was to protect the Catholic community from the loyalist gangs.

True and then the Troops were in no mans land.
Maybe we should have somply left and let them laughter each other,like all good civil wars do

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

UNITED Kingdom on 11:29 - Sep 20 with 1283 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Correct and the Catholic community welcomed the arrival of the troops. Sadly the IRA could not handle this as they were extorting money for protecting the Catholic community. They Ira then escalated the violence.

Anyway back to the United Kingdom and how recent events have made it stronger.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

UNITED Kingdom on 11:33 - Sep 20 with 1279 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

UNITED Kingdom on 09:33 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

IRA brought this to the mainland.That is key. Wales didn't seem to suffer much at their hands,maybe as they knew their aims were supported more on Wales.

Can't see the bravery of laying a bomb in a crowded Birmingham pub myself.

The IRA are as low as the jihadist scum who blow up children at pop concerts and should be thought of as such.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

UNITED Kingdom on 12:22 - Sep 20 with 1264 viewspencoedjack

UNITED Kingdom on 09:33 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

IRA brought this to the mainland.That is key. Wales didn't seem to suffer much at their hands,maybe as they knew their aims were supported more on Wales.

Can't see the bravery of laying a bomb in a crowded Birmingham pub myself.

I have mates who served in Ireland.

Id love to see the IRA loving poster spend a hour in their company spouting the same drivel he spouts on this board daily.

It makes me sick.
UNITED Kingdom on 12:48 - Sep 20 with 1255 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 12:22 - Sep 20 by pencoedjack

Id love to see the IRA loving poster spend a hour in their company spouting the same drivel he spouts on this board daily.

It makes me sick.

I had many ex serviceman on my sections in Plod including one Catholic from Londonderry Bogside. It was all rather tricky for his extended family .

They have neither forgotten us nor forgiven us .The good Friday agreement was expedient for both sides .
It made heroes out of Bill and Tony though

UNITED Kingdom on 17:58 - Sep 20 with 1223 viewsKilkennyjack

It makes me sick.

Lets be clear, the army is not some sort of democratic institution where individual soldiers get to chose where they go and what causes are just.

They are sent there to do a job, irrespective of their own views.

We all know people who have served, and died, in the north of Ireland.
Nothing special about you.

I am just glad that the peace process brought an end to it and many lives have been saved.
Without the US and EU this would never have happened.

Are you glad its over ?

UNITED Kingdom on 18:05 - Sep 20 with 1221 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 17:58 - Sep 20 by Kilkennyjack

Lets be clear, the army is not some sort of democratic institution where individual soldiers get to chose where they go and what causes are just.

I am just glad that the peace process brought an end to it and many lives have been saved.

Are you glad its over ?

But Ireland is still not United .They is still a yearning for it

Login to get fewer ads

UNITED Kingdom on 18:14 - Sep 20 with 1214 viewsonehunglow

Are you glad its over ?

Not special ! Anyone facing that tide of hatred is special Quite a shocking thing to say

UNITED Kingdom on 18:55 - Sep 20 with 1199 viewsCatullus

A terrorist is a terrorist whiche side they are on. If you hide from view, wear masks and go around killing innocent people then you deserve what you get, be they IRA or UDF.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

UNITED Kingdom on 20:24 - Sep 20 with 1184 viewsonehunglow

I well remember the Catholic funeral that was targeted by UDF .
Appalling

UNITED Kingdom on 20:59 - Sep 20 with 1176 views1462jack

It makes me sick.

Exactly , 3 tours for me , it’s not just that though , , my Fathers mother and my aunties and uncles (twins)moved to Northern Ireland with her partner 1960/70s not exactly sure on the exact dates , the old man and his oldest sister were left behind ,My Nanna was a catholic the kids were not they were targeted because the kids let slip and had to be rescued by the army and were repatriated to Liverpool and ended up staying there for some time ,that’s why my fathers youngest brother ended up a Liverpool fan first as swans fan second , unfortunately there are people who read stuff and become experts , I’m no expert in any of it , 18 months over there and I know what I know not what I read , it pisses me off when some want to be Irish nationalists on here spout their nonsense behind a faceless profile
UNITED Kingdom on 21:32 - Sep 20 with 1154 viewsKeithHaynes

UNITED Kingdom on 18:05 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

But Ireland is still not United .They is still a yearning for it

Of a certain age yes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

UNITED Kingdom on 09:10 - Sep 21 with 1081 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Are you glad its over ?

Not sure the EU had anything to do with the peace process. It was an agreement brokered by the US between UK and ROI.

The only signatories to it were UK and ROI

Not sure where you got the idea it was due to the EU perhaps another figment of your imagination.

UNITED Kingdom on 16:33 - Sep 21 with 1045 viewscontroversial_jack

That's correct. The same as the British presence in Cyprus was the keep both the Greeks and Turks apart, but in reality, it was to keep Cyprus as a British presence and a useful port in the med. Like Gibrator, Singapore, and in the case of Russia, the Crimea. I suspect the British presence in N Ireland was for exactly the same reason
UNITED Kingdom on 21:26 - Sep 21 with 995 viewsKeithHaynes

UNITED Kingdom on 16:33 - Sep 21 by controversial_jack

That's correct. The same as the British presence in Cyprus was the keep both the Greeks and Turks apart, but in reality, it was to keep Cyprus as a British presence and a useful port in the med. Like Gibrator, Singapore, and in the case of Russia, the Crimea. I suspect the British presence in N Ireland was for exactly the same reason

Well, it was Britain ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

UNITED Kingdom on 09:37 - Sep 22 with 927 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 09:10 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure the EU had anything to do with the peace process. It was an agreement brokered by the US between UK and ROI.

The only signatories to it were UK and ROI

Not sure where you got the idea it was due to the EU perhaps another figment of your imagination.

Well perhaps ypu know more than he guy who chaired the talks …?
Fair play to you.

‘The Good Friday Agreement would never have happened without the European Union, a former US senator who helped broker the deal has said.
George Mitchell chaired the talks which led to the 1998 peace agreement.’

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-42412972.amp

🇪🇺

UNITED Kingdom on 14:07 - Sep 22 with 922 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 09:37 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

Well perhaps ypu know more than he guy who chaired the talks …?
Fair play to you.

‘The Good Friday Agreement would never have happened without the European Union, a former US senator who helped broker the deal has said.
George Mitchell chaired the talks which led to the 1998 peace agreement.’

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-42412972.amp

🇪🇺

Nothing to do with The EU except for the fact the the Roi and the UK were in it at the time the peace talks were started by John Major's government and the ROI with the US brokering the deal. It was signed by Blair and Ahearne as well a Mo Mowlan secretary of state for NI.

UNITED Kingdom on 17:45 - Sep 22 with 903 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 14:07 - Sep 22 by felixstowe_jack

Nothing to do with The EU except for the fact the the Roi and the UK were in it at the time the peace talks were started by John Major's government and the ROI with the US brokering the deal. It was signed by Blair and Ahearne as well a Mo Mowlan secretary of state for NI.

George Mitchell, who actually chaired the GFA must be wrong then.

My apologies.

UNITED Kingdom on 17:48 - Sep 22 with 895 viewsKilkennyjack

Interesting stats out today that the yoons may not enjoy ….

We are on the one road ……

UNITED Kingdom on 18:52 - Sep 22 with 882 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 17:45 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

My apologies.

Mitchell, the USA's special envoy, what did he say then because the EU doesn't appear in any news reports,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43560637

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/good-friday-agreement-24-years

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/ireland_and_the_uk/g

UNITED Kingdom on 20:41 - Sep 22 with 863 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 20:09 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

What a childish post I think it shows who the real bellend is.

I am no monarchist but I recognise history and family loss.
Comments like lifey and the rest of the Indy’s show hate is thinly veiled and how sensitive some are .

UNITED Kingdom on 21:12 - Sep 22 with 845 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 17:45 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

My apologies.

Did you read the link?

Mitchell said,

"I don't think the European Union was essential in the [Good Friday Agreement] talks themselves, but I believe the talks would never have occurred had there not been a European Union."

So it's a personal opinion not a fact. Did you know Mitchell's father was irish and he went to a Catholic school?

UNITED Kingdom on 08:52 - Sep 23 with 811 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 21:12 - Sep 22 by Catullus

Did you read the link?

Mitchell said,

"I don't think the European Union was essential in the [Good Friday Agreement] talks themselves, but I believe the talks would never have occurred had there not been a European Union."

So it's a personal opinion not a fact. Did you know Mitchell's father was irish and he went to a Catholic school?

Hahaha - just admit you were wrong.

Digging up the heritage of the chairman to attempt to taint his stated views is not a good look.

Repeat after me … ‘the talks would never have occurred had there not been a European Union’.

🇪🇺❤️

UNITED Kingdom on 09:09 - Sep 23 with 804 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 08:52 - Sep 23 by Kilkennyjack

Hahaha - just admit you were wrong.

Digging up the heritage of the chairman to attempt to taint his stated views is not a good look.

Repeat after me … ‘the talks would never have occurred had there not been a European Union’.

🇪🇺❤️

No. The EU weren't involved in the talks, that much is an absolute fact.

I didnt taint his heritage either. Why do you think pointing out hs irish ancestry is a taint? I have irish relatives myself.
Pointing out his heritage was actually about why did the IRA get free passes but the British soldiers were (and one still is I think) getting prosecuted, did he have bias (unconcious or otherwise) when he helped negotiations because of his Irish heritage?

Given that opinion though, maybe you should never again use someone's heritage to criticse them? It'll certainly reduce your number of posts about things English.

Right, so lets repeat what he said again eh, he "believed" the talks wouldn't have happened without the EU, he didn't state it as fact and no EU delegates were anywhere near the talks or contributed in any way, fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024