Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UNITED Kingdom 16:18 - Sep 11 with 14762 viewsCatullus

People can talk about Scottish indy but judging by the crowds forming and growing up in Scotland, a lot of people, a great lot of people are grieving the Queen's death and all across the UK we are seeing people united by this.

Happy times don't bring people together but tragedies do and it looks like the majority see her passing as a tragedy, maybe King Charles can take advantage of this and strengthen the unity going forward.

Will the Queen pasing actually make the UK a more unified place?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UNITED Kingdom on 20:41 - Sep 11 with 1569 viewslifelong

UNITED Kingdom on 20:09 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

What a childish post I think it shows who the real bellend is.

That’s ok, the feeling is mutual.
UNITED Kingdom on 21:06 - Sep 11 with 1534 viewsBoundy

UNITED Kingdom on 20:11 - Sep 11 by trampie

Yes but not to everybody.

In this instance a lot of people , now do a poll to enhance your point

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

UNITED Kingdom on 21:10 - Sep 11 with 1533 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

UNITED Kingdom on 19:50 - Sep 11 by Togg

Cromwell..short time we were a Republic. As I said totally ambivalent to it. Agree I think Liz to the grand old age of 96 did a stirling job. She must have said to herself many a time, you can choose your friends but not the family or prime ministers.

If you look at the revolutions in history the vast majority of them carry on the very thing that was unpopular in the first place. The Parliamentarians under Cromwell fought because they were unhappy that the king kept dissolving parliament and was a tyrant who would be succeeded by his son. Charles’ head had barely finished rolling before Cromwell dissolved parliament (well the ones that disagreed with him) and set himself up as a tyrant with far more power than the king ever had. And of course would be succeeded by his son.

The same thing happened with the French Revolution and Napoleon, and there’s many other examples. It’s a common theme.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

UNITED Kingdom on 21:11 - Sep 11 with 1530 viewsKilkennyjack

We will find out at the ballot box next year 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

UNITED Kingdom on 21:37 - Sep 11 with 1511 viewsBoundy

UNITED Kingdom on 19:13 - Sep 11 by Sirjohnalot

Isn’t it the opposite ? The new generation seem to be far kinder and more understanding the generations before.

I believe we move in different circles but most young adults are self centred , ignorant of the world , politics , intolerant to older generations , but that's my experience

UNITED Kingdom on 22:06 - Sep 11 with 1484 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 20:11 - Sep 11 by trampie

Yes but not to everybody.

No but there are tens of thousands of people turning out to pay their respects, scenes of people around the country crying, even non UK residents and messages are coming in from around the world.

Even though it was obviously going to happen (Royalty aren't eternal, alien lizards agter all!) it is a massive event and a whole lot of people think it's tragic.

People can belittle it all they like but even as an anti-monarchist myself, I can still admit my respect for the Queen, for what she did in her life and how she behaved. She has most certainly been a far better ambassador for the Uk than the vast majority of our politicians.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

UNITED Kingdom on 22:11 - Sep 11 with 1471 viewsSirjohnalot

UNITED Kingdom on 21:37 - Sep 11 by Boundy

I believe we move in different circles but most young adults are self centred , ignorant of the world , politics , intolerant to older generations , but that's my experience

I don’t move in circles of posh people, most of my mates are runners. But also you see a lot of kids very interested in politics, the environment, equality for people.

I’ve no idea whether we’re a similar age but aren’t you generalising the younger generation and being intolerant of them ? Works both ways.

My experience of younger people who I don’t meet through work is they’re very much less racist, homophobic, sexist than previous generations including mine. To them, equality is a given.
UNITED Kingdom on 14:37 - Sep 12 with 1390 viewsBoundy

UNITED Kingdom on 22:11 - Sep 11 by Sirjohnalot

I don’t move in circles of posh people, most of my mates are runners. But also you see a lot of kids very interested in politics, the environment, equality for people.

I’ve no idea whether we’re a similar age but aren’t you generalising the younger generation and being intolerant of them ? Works both ways.

My experience of younger people who I don’t meet through work is they’re very much less racist, homophobic, sexist than previous generations including mine. To them, equality is a given.

I didn't mean if you thought I did to imply that you moved in posher circles although I suspect you may have more in common with them than I might but that could be said about most circles of friends , you have common interests etc. Generalism does work both ways and your comment reinforces that we both have different experiences and based on those experiences we base our opinions . Whose right I couldn't say

Login to get fewer ads

UNITED Kingdom on 19:47 - Sep 12 with 1335 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 17:34 - Sep 11 by BryanSwan

Lets not portray that everyone who likes the prospect of Independence does so out of hatred.
I like England and Scotland, go on holiday there, visit family and friends.
The status quo of the Union just isn't working, I'd love for all the countries to be independent and then work together alongside Ireland too. Much like how the Nordic Council does.

Exactly.

The Indy supporters never say hate.

UNITED Kingdom on 19:52 - Sep 12 with 1335 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 18:46 - Sep 11 by Boundy

If only eh , common ideals , common language , same humour , same love of sports etc, share same ideals , education , history yet so divided . I did see on one of the many social media comments that 85% of the UK supported the Monarchy , I dint know where this came from but it would be interesting to have a national poll to gauge the opinions of the country

If its 85% it must be the BBC.
Their charter basically says make things up and promote the Monarchy.

You have to be off your rocker to make believe that 85% of modern multi cultural Britain supports the Monarchy.
Nowhere near that figure if you polled the Royal family themselves… 🤣🤣🇬🇧

Ludicrous.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:29 - Sep 12 with 1300 viewsBoundy

I suspect because of this weeks' events (if polled now ) that figure could go up or down

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/society/articles-reports/2022/06/01/platinum-jubilee
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 21:31]

UNITED Kingdom on 21:47 - Sep 12 with 1280 viewstrampie

UNITED Kingdom on 17:34 - Sep 11 by BryanSwan

Lets not portray that everyone who likes the prospect of Independence does so out of hatred.
I like England and Scotland, go on holiday there, visit family and friends.
The status quo of the Union just isn't working, I'd love for all the countries to be independent and then work together alongside Ireland too. Much like how the Nordic Council does.

Good post

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

UNITED Kingdom on 21:48 - Sep 12 with 1278 viewstrampie

UNITED Kingdom on 18:09 - Sep 11 by johnlangy

Correct Bryan. I advocate Welsh Independence but i've never said I hate English people. How could I. I've got family members who are English and they are great people. It's Westminster governments I can't stand.

And while not being a Royalist, I had tremendous respect for the Queen herself and was very sad, and still am, that she has died.

Another good post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:49 - Sep 12 with 1270 viewscockett_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 19:52 - Sep 12 by Kilkennyjack

If its 85% it must be the BBC.
Their charter basically says make things up and promote the Monarchy.

You have to be off your rocker to make believe that 85% of modern multi cultural Britain supports the Monarchy.
Nowhere near that figure if you polled the Royal family themselves… 🤣🤣🇬🇧

Ludicrous.

I feel the same way about BBC Wales, at least their football coverage. Always found it difficult to be enthusiastic about Welsh nationalism with that Cardiff/Senned (sp?) bias and focus.
UNITED Kingdom on 09:25 - Sep 13 with 1179 viewsBest_loser

The problem for the SNP is the popularity amongst Scots for independence wanes as the Tories become more unpopular , the main motivation for Scottish independence is hatred of Tory governments , I don't see the Scots voting for independence if there is a change of government at the next election which they might be part of
UNITED Kingdom on 09:59 - Sep 13 with 1167 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 21:48 - Sep 12 by trampie

Another good post.

But the Queen presided over the continued "occupation" and division of Ireland.
You might be kidding many but not me.
Let's end this hypocrisy right now.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

UNITED Kingdom on 10:11 - Sep 13 with 1164 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

UNITED Kingdom on 09:25 - Sep 13 by Best_loser

The problem for the SNP is the popularity amongst Scots for independence wanes as the Tories become more unpopular , the main motivation for Scottish independence is hatred of Tory governments , I don't see the Scots voting for independence if there is a change of government at the next election which they might be part of

If they don’t want a Tory government they’d be better off voting labour.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

UNITED Kingdom on 19:07 - Sep 14 with 1063 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 09:59 - Sep 13 by onehunglow

But the Queen presided over the continued "occupation" and division of Ireland.
You might be kidding many but not me.
Let's end this hypocrisy right now.

King Charles is making friends and shaking hands in the north of Ireland.

This is grown up politics that we have not sern since the ‘boo hiss’ panto fantasy politics of posh boy Johnson.

20 years of peace. Fantastic for everyone.
I hope OHL watches this clip and reflects on the future.

UNITED Kingdom on 19:23 - Sep 14 with 1045 viewstrampie

UNITED Kingdom on 19:07 - Sep 14 by Kilkennyjack

King Charles is making friends and shaking hands in the north of Ireland.

This is grown up politics that we have not sern since the ‘boo hiss’ panto fantasy politics of posh boy Johnson.

20 years of peace. Fantastic for everyone.
I hope OHL watches this clip and reflects on the future.

King Charles does seem to like Michelle ONeil judging by that little exchange, I bet OHL is furious.

UNITED Kingdom on 19:28 - Sep 14 with 1046 viewspencoedjack

UNITED Kingdom on 18:58 - Sep 11 by lifelong

Depends what age group, apparently only 30% of the 18/24’s support the monarchy, whereas the older generation offer more support.

They will grow older & wiser one day just like the bucket hat Indy lot.
UNITED Kingdom on 20:46 - Sep 14 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 19:23 - Sep 14 by trampie

King Charles does seem to like Michelle ONeil judging by that little exchange, I bet OHL is furious.

OHL couldn't give a monkeys.
Its all for show
You know the family history of her and all it entails.

You must have been upset when McGuiness went to Burning Hell.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:04 - Sep 14 with 990 viewstrampie

UNITED Kingdom on 20:46 - Sep 14 by onehunglow

OHL couldn't give a monkeys.
Its all for show
You know the family history of her and all it entails.

You must have been upset when McGuiness went to Burning Hell.

How disingenuous of you to say the King is doing it for show, saying things like that watch out you don't end up in the tower.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:15 - Sep 14 with 986 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 21:04 - Sep 14 by trampie

How disingenuous of you to say the King is doing it for show, saying things like that watch out you don't end up in the tower.

Of course Charles is doing it for show, just like his mother did when she met McGuinness. They rise above, the Queen was particularly good at it. She had to meet these people, it doesn't mean she approved of them and to say otherwise is what is really disingenuous.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:22 - Sep 14 with 979 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 21:15 - Sep 14 by Catullus

Of course Charles is doing it for show, just like his mother did when she met McGuinness. They rise above, the Queen was particularly good at it. She had to meet these people, it doesn't mean she approved of them and to say otherwise is what is really disingenuous.

A people who murdered her husbands uncle,blown to pieces along with an innocent boy,whilst they were fishing .Real heroes that.

Too right she detested McGuiness,Adams and their scions.This present sein fein leader is another in a long line of supporters of murderers and they do not forget ever.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:33 - Sep 14 with 972 viewspencoedjack

UNITED Kingdom on 21:22 - Sep 14 by onehunglow

A people who murdered her husbands uncle,blown to pieces along with an innocent boy,whilst they were fishing .Real heroes that.

Too right she detested McGuiness,Adams and their scions.This present sein fein leader is another in a long line of supporters of murderers and they do not forget ever.

Not sure what type people would support terrorists who blew up British people & those who try to keep them safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024