Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UNITED Kingdom 16:18 - Sep 11 with 14768 viewsCatullus

People can talk about Scottish indy but judging by the crowds forming and growing up in Scotland, a lot of people, a great lot of people are grieving the Queen's death and all across the UK we are seeing people united by this.

Happy times don't bring people together but tragedies do and it looks like the majority see her passing as a tragedy, maybe King Charles can take advantage of this and strengthen the unity going forward.

Will the Queen pasing actually make the UK a more unified place?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UNITED Kingdom on 21:50 - Sep 14 with 1381 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 21:33 - Sep 14 by pencoedjack

Not sure what type people would support terrorists who blew up British people & those who try to keep them safe.

The type that hate England and the English maybe?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

UNITED Kingdom on 19:05 - Sep 16 with 1298 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 21:15 - Sep 14 by Catullus

Of course Charles is doing it for show, just like his mother did when she met McGuinness. They rise above, the Queen was particularly good at it. She had to meet these people, it doesn't mean she approved of them and to say otherwise is what is really disingenuous.

Are both sides just ‘doing it for show’ then ?

Or maybe its simply you who cant accept the reality of how wars end.
You always end up talking in the end.

The prize of peace is certainly worth looking ahead for rather than back.

Strange why yourself and OHL cant accept the positive actions of the last 20 years.
Many more lifes would have been lost otherwise.

I have no idea why you want to go back to 1973, nothing was better then.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 19:06]

Beware of the Risen People

UNITED Kingdom on 19:08 - Sep 16 with 1296 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 20:46 - Sep 14 by onehunglow

OHL couldn't give a monkeys.
Its all for show
You know the family history of her and all it entails.

You must have been upset when McGuiness went to Burning Hell.

King Charles clearly likes Michelle O’Neill.

Thats positive for all the people in the north of Ireland.

Well done Charlie boy 👍

UNITED Kingdom on 19:34 - Sep 16 with 1283 viewsalltjack

UNITED Kingdom on 21:15 - Sep 14 by Catullus

Of course Charles is doing it for show, just like his mother did when she met McGuinness. They rise above, the Queen was particularly good at it. She had to meet these people, it doesn't mean she approved of them and to say otherwise is what is really disingenuous.

Maybe she acted and thought the same when she met us commoners. Just a thought like, if she was so good at that type of thing
UNITED Kingdom on 20:14 - Sep 16 with 1261 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 19:34 - Sep 16 by alltjack

Maybe she acted and thought the same when she met us commoners. Just a thought like, if she was so good at that type of thing

Many of us revel in being common.
At least we are human which didnt apply to McGuiness,the master of murder and obfuscation -a vicious,deceitful,hypocritical kunt who slaughtered innocent British boys .
Wonder if the Welsh would love him had Omagh or Warrington atrocities took place n Swansea/Brecon/Bridgend ,Port Talbot or Merthyr. Doubt it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

UNITED Kingdom on 20:41 - Sep 16 with 1234 viewstrampie

Driving home tonight stuck in slow moving traffic heading West I noticed a banner hanging from a bridge not far from the Hendy turn off, not sure if it said 'we don't want an English Prince of Wales' or we don't want a Prince of Wales', or words to that effect, it was catching the holiday traffic heading West (bank holiday on Monday).
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 20:43]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

UNITED Kingdom on 20:48 - Sep 16 with 1216 viewstrampie

Sounds like a few booing in Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

UNITED Kingdom on 20:54 - Sep 16 with 1211 viewsKilkennyjack

CNN calling it.
Cymru is awake.

No more English born Prince of Wales. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🕶

Login to get fewer ads

UNITED Kingdom on 21:01 - Sep 16 with 1198 viewstrampie

UNITED Kingdom on 20:54 - Sep 16 by Kilkennyjack

CNN calling it.
Cymru is awake.

No more English born Prince of Wales. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🕶

Now I have not switched the TV on since the Queen died, I've got plenty of news online but no TV and no radio until driving to and from work today, when they were talking about booing on Radio Wales, I immediately thought I haven't heard of the same issues to that degree in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

I mentioned the other day it might not be wise for them to have an investiture like the last one again, as some people in Wales won't be happy with it.

UNITED Kingdom on 00:10 - Sep 17 with 1170 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 19:05 - Sep 16 by Kilkennyjack

Are both sides just ‘doing it for show’ then ?

Or maybe its simply you who cant accept the reality of how wars end.
You always end up talking in the end.

The prize of peace is certainly worth looking ahead for rather than back.

Strange why yourself and OHL cant accept the positive actions of the last 20 years.
Many more lifes would have been lost otherwise.

I have no idea why you want to go back to 1973, nothing was better then.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 19:06]

What nonsense are you spouting again. Where did I say any of what you're attributing to me?

McGuiness would have liked nothing better than to take the Queens head and show it off amongst his IRA pals and I doubt the Queen forgave him his actions but as I said, for the sake of appearnces she put on a show.

When you talk about peace, yes obviously it is worth the having but not at any cost, there still has to be rules and laws.
Ask Lyra Mckee about the peace though...hang on, you can't,

https://www.theguardian.com/news/gallery/2019/apr/24/the-funeral-of-lyra-mckee-i

When the Royals meet any known IRA members, they do it for show because they have to, it doesn't mean they have forgiven or forgotten. Those positive actions saw many murderers get away with it and it was terrorism, not war. They hid behind the community and bombed innocents, they attacked people who couldn't defend themselves.

UNITED Kingdom on 00:57 - Sep 17 with 1144 viewshowenjack

Apparently at 10pm tonight (FRI) someone attacked the queens coffin and has been wrestled to the floor by security
UNITED Kingdom on 23:46 - Sep 17 with 1087 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 00:10 - Sep 17 by Catullus

What nonsense are you spouting again. Where did I say any of what you're attributing to me?

McGuiness would have liked nothing better than to take the Queens head and show it off amongst his IRA pals and I doubt the Queen forgave him his actions but as I said, for the sake of appearnces she put on a show.

When you talk about peace, yes obviously it is worth the having but not at any cost, there still has to be rules and laws.
Ask Lyra Mckee about the peace though...hang on, you can't,

https://www.theguardian.com/news/gallery/2019/apr/24/the-funeral-of-lyra-mckee-i

When the Royals meet any known IRA members, they do it for show because they have to, it doesn't mean they have forgiven or forgotten. Those positive actions saw many murderers get away with it and it was terrorism, not war. They hid behind the community and bombed innocents, they attacked people who couldn't defend themselves.

If it was not a war then the British soldiers who killed civilians just lost their defence.

You cant have it both ways.

Our eyes tell us that the top people on both sides have shaken hands and exchanged pleasantries.
Those people on both sides are real heroes for delivering 20 years of peace.

You just dont like it.
You can guess all you like, but its just a guess. Maybe a wish…?

If the Queen or Charlie boy did not want to play their part then they would not have done it.

You need to stop guessing stuff and presenting it as fact.
The only fact is that they shook hands. Well done to them.

UNITED Kingdom on 06:36 - Sep 18 with 1069 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 23:46 - Sep 17 by Kilkennyjack

If it was not a war then the British soldiers who killed civilians just lost their defence.

Our eyes tell us that the top people on both sides have shaken hands and exchanged pleasantries.

You just dont like it.

If the Queen or Charlie boy did not want to play their part then they would not have done it.

Well the British militarily defeated the IRA so they had to seek a democratic and peaceful solution .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

UNITED Kingdom on 09:25 - Sep 18 with 1038 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 06:36 - Sep 18 by felixstowe_jack

Well the British militarily defeated the IRA so they had to seek a democratic and peaceful solution .

We should not be viewing the peace as won or lost.
The resources on one side means there is no need to draw child like comparisons.

Its true though that as soon as the bulk of the British army left under the GFA then peace was achieved. People can draw their own conclusions from that.

UNITED Kingdom on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 1037 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 09:25 - Sep 18 by Kilkennyjack

We should not be viewing the peace as won or lost.
The resources on one side means there is no need to draw child like comparisons.

Its true though that as soon as the bulk of the British army left under the GFA then peace was achieved. People can draw their own conclusions from that.

The British army are still in NI as you often remind us. It is still part of the United Kingdom.

Thank fully most of the IRA laid down their arms but still carry out the odd punishment beatings in the Catholic community.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

UNITED Kingdom on 13:30 - Sep 18 with 1012 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 09:30 - Sep 18 by felixstowe_jack

The British army are still in NI as you often remind us. It is still part of the United Kingdom.

Thank fully most of the IRA laid down their arms but still carry out the odd punishment beatings in the Catholic community.

Yes the last 5000 do still need to leave. But of course security is now entirely in the hands of Northern Ireland's police.

Was 21,000 soldiers at its peak of course.

A dreadful failure of the UK government.

UNITED Kingdom on 20:45 - Sep 18 with 987 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 23:46 - Sep 17 by Kilkennyjack

You just dont like it.

Wrong again, they were/are terrorists and are fair game to be shot at when they are shooting and bombing innocent people themselves. Terrorists are violent criminals hence the term the "war on terror" but it is not a war in the traditional sense.

February 1972: Seven killed and 15 hurt in a bomb blast at the Paras HQ at Aldershot.

July, 1972: Nine died and 130 injured on Bloody Friday by 27 bombs in Belfast.

March 1973: One killed and 250 injured in bombing of Old Bailey and Whitehall.

February 1974: Nine soldiers, a woman and two children died when a bus was bombed in Yorkshire.

October 1974: Four people killed and 35 injured in two bars in Guildford, Surrey.

November, 1974: Twenty-one died and 162 injured in attacks in Birmingham.

December 1974: Two died and 27 injured in a pub bombing in Woolwich, south-east London.

January, 1976: Ten Protestants shot dead on a minibus in South Armagh.

February, 1978: Twelve Protestants killed in blast at restaurant in County Down.

August 1979: Two bombs killed 18 British soldiers at Warrenpoint, County Down. The same day, Lord Mountbatten and three others died in a blast on his boat in County Sligo.

July 1982: Eleven soldiers died and 50 people were injured in blasts in Hyde Park and Regent's Park in London.

December 1983: Six died and 90 were injured by a bomb at Harrods in London.

October 1984: Five died and dozens were injured when a bomb wrecked Brighton's Grand Hotel during a Tory conference.

November 1987: Eleven died in blast at Remembrance Day service in Enniskillen.

April 1992: Baltic Exchange Bomb killed three and devastated the City of London.

March 1993: Boy and baby die in blast in Warrington, Cheshire.

April 1993: Truck bomb killed one and injured 44 in Bishopsgate, City of London.

October 1993: Bomb killed nine in a shop on the Shankill Road in Belfast.

The Royals, just like politicians have had to do things they don't want to, for the greater good.
What I don'tlike is the Irish authorities trying to punish British soldiers for things done during the troubles yet terrorists were given a free pass. it should have been an amnesty for both sides.
Now this 20 years of peace, again, ask Lyra Mckee.

UNITED Kingdom on 17:47 - Sep 19 with 918 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 20:45 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Wrong again, they were/are terrorists and are fair game to be shot at when they are shooting and bombing innocent people themselves. Terrorists are violent criminals hence the term the "war on terror" but it is not a war in the traditional sense.

February 1972: Seven killed and 15 hurt in a bomb blast at the Paras HQ at Aldershot.

February 1974: Nine soldiers, a woman and two children died when a bus was bombed in Yorkshire.

October 1974: Four people killed and 35 injured in two bars in Guildford, Surrey.

December 1974: Two died and 27 injured in a pub bombing in Woolwich, south-east London.

February, 1978: Twelve Protestants killed in blast at restaurant in County Down.

August 1979: Two bombs killed 18 British soldiers at Warrenpoint, County Down. The same day, Lord Mountbatten and three others died in a blast on his boat in County Sligo.

July 1982: Eleven soldiers died and 50 people were injured in blasts in Hyde Park and Regent's Park in London.

October 1984: Five died and dozens were injured when a bomb wrecked Brighton's Grand Hotel during a Tory conference.

April 1992: Baltic Exchange Bomb killed three and devastated the City of London.

April 1993: Truck bomb killed one and injured 44 in Bishopsgate, City of London.

The Royals, just like politicians have had to do things they don't want to, for the greater good.
What I don'tlike is the Irish authorities trying to punish British soldiers for things done during the troubles yet terrorists were given a free pass. it should have been an amnesty for both sides.

If they are participitants in a war then they should have had PoW status.
You just cant have it both ways.

The peace agreement was signed by all parties and it is what it is.
The uk government will have signed up to how uk soldiers are treated, not the Irish government.
The courts used are uk courts, not Irish courts.

Aim your anger better.

UNITED Kingdom on 18:17 - Sep 19 with 910 viewsshingle

Maybe many are missing the point here, i am pretty certain the majority who attend are not there out of grief etc it is highly unlikely most of these people have lost a minute's sleep over the death of the queen, they are there mainly to view a spectacle it is far more important to them to be there to film or take pics of the spectacle and to say we were there.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 18:20]
UNITED Kingdom on 21:13 - Sep 19 with 872 viewsmajorraglan

UNITED Kingdom on 20:45 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Having an amnesty sticks in my throat a little as it will mean murders will walk free, however if that’s what it takes there should have been a line dawn in the sand an£ the Republicans, Loyalists and soldiers should have had the same treatment.
I suspect that’s what they believe they were delivering at the time and didn’t foresee the investigations in to the Bloody Sunday taking place, but the Jeanie is out of the bottle and we are where we are.
UNITED Kingdom on 21:34 - Sep 19 with 859 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 17:47 - Sep 19 by Kilkennyjack

If they are participitants in a war then they should have had PoW status.
You just cant have it both ways.

The peace agreement was signed by all parties and it is what it is.
The uk government will have signed up to how uk soldiers are treated, not the Irish government.
The courts used are uk courts, not Irish courts.

Aim your anger better.

They wore no uniforms, they mingled in as ordinary people, in any traditional war they would be treated as spies and shot/executed. So if you have your way and it was a war then executing them is fair enough, unless they all put uniforms on and fought out in the open like proper soldiers.

So now it's Uk courts, funny but youve been insising for a long time the UK doesn't exist, except when it suits your point of view eh. Besides, it was the courts in Northern Ireland that was trying to prosecute, are you now saying Northern Ireland is not irish.
YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

It's not anger. If it was it's aimed at injustice and the IRA which are both valid targets anyway.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:34 - Sep 19 with 859 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 21:13 - Sep 19 by majorraglan

Having an amnesty sticks in my throat a little as it will mean murders will walk free, however if that’s what it takes there should have been a line dawn in the sand an£ the Republicans, Loyalists and soldiers should have had the same treatment.
I suspect that’s what they believe they were delivering at the time and didn’t foresee the investigations in to the Bloody Sunday taking place, but the Jeanie is out of the bottle and we are where we are.

Absolutely,many murderers have walked free and seen as heroes to boot.
Sein Feins leader is from a family of rebels.

The perps of the Omaha bombings and many others have never been caught. McGuiness and Adams masterminded this carnage. Mcguiness Peace Centre? My hairy ringpiece.

UNITED Kingdom on 21:41 - Sep 19 with 852 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 21:13 - Sep 19 by majorraglan

Really? Personally I think Blair knew very well that there was a real possibility of British soldiers being chased down as criminals while the real criminals got a free pass.

If the IRA (and other terrorist groups) hadn't been murdering people there wouldn't have been the same British military presence.

UNITED Kingdom on 09:33 - Sep 20 with 777 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 21:41 - Sep 19 by Catullus

Really? Personally I think Blair knew very well that there was a real possibility of British soldiers being chased down as criminals while the real criminals got a free pass.

If the IRA (and other terrorist groups) hadn't been murdering people there wouldn't have been the same British military presence.

IRA brought this to the mainland.That is key. Wales didn't seem to suffer much at their hands,maybe as they knew their aims were supported more on Wales.

Can't see the bravery of laying a bomb in a crowded Birmingham pub myself.

UNITED Kingdom on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 769 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 09:33 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

IRA brought this to the mainland.That is key. Wales didn't seem to suffer much at their hands,maybe as they knew their aims were supported more on Wales.

Can't see the bravery of laying a bomb in a crowded Birmingham pub myself.

Nobody should lose their life.
As i always say, every conflict ends in talking at some point.
I celebrate the 20 years of peace, as does your King Charles.
But you keep on as if its 1973 ….

Therefore I suggest you read up on Bloody Sunday and Ballymurphy.
I am pretty sure you cant see the bravery of professional soldiers taking innocent civilian lives either. Right ?
It was murder.
And it ensured that further violence would follow.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024