Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UNITED Kingdom 16:18 - Sep 11 with 14767 viewsCatullus

People can talk about Scottish indy but judging by the crowds forming and growing up in Scotland, a lot of people, a great lot of people are grieving the Queen's death and all across the UK we are seeing people united by this.

Happy times don't bring people together but tragedies do and it looks like the majority see her passing as a tragedy, maybe King Charles can take advantage of this and strengthen the unity going forward.

Will the Queen pasing actually make the UK a more unified place?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UNITED Kingdom on 10:21 - Sep 23 with 1045 viewsBryanSwan

Huge tax cuts for the rich coming in, any "unity" supposedly created by a funeral will quickly be lost.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

UNITED Kingdom on 10:25 - Sep 23 with 1043 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 10:21 - Sep 23 by BryanSwan

Huge tax cuts for the rich coming in, any "unity" supposedly created by a funeral will quickly be lost.

Have I read it right...he s removed the cap on banker's bonuses.
If he has ,this will affect the way I will vote next election

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

UNITED Kingdom on 10:31 - Sep 23 with 1042 viewsBryanSwan

UNITED Kingdom on 10:25 - Sep 23 by onehunglow

That is correct. They are now constantly peddling the fallacy of trickle down economics.

UNITED Kingdom on 14:48 - Sep 23 with 1008 viewsjohnlangy

Talking about the changes in Income Tax KK just announced, a person on average pay (say £30,000) would benefit by about £200.

By way of comparison there's a big discussion going on at the moment about Holly Willoughby (and partner) and the dreaded queue. Someone mentioned earlier that her TV contract is worth £600,000 a year. If that is the case she will benefit to the tune of £22,800 income tax savings.

Not bad eh ?
UNITED Kingdom on 16:27 - Sep 23 with 997 viewspencoedjack

UNITED Kingdom on 14:48 - Sep 23 by johnlangy

Talking about the changes in Income Tax KK just announced, a person on average pay (say £30,000) would benefit by about £200.

By way of comparison there's a big discussion going on at the moment about Holly Willoughby (and partner) and the dreaded queue. Someone mentioned earlier that her TV contract is worth £600,000 a year. If that is the case she will benefit to the tune of £22,800 income tax savings.

Not bad eh ?

Pretty much the way the world works.

Hopefully she will spend some of those savings & put it back into the economy, same with bankers if we cut their bonuses they will set up in other countries & get their bonuses there & pay hefty tax in that country.

We have so many people in this country who are envious of those who earn good money & have done well for themselves.

Good to see the scroungers who get money for nothing are being hit hard as well.
UNITED Kingdom on 17:38 - Sep 23 with 987 viewsBryanSwan

UNITED Kingdom on 16:27 - Sep 23 by pencoedjack

Hopefully she will spend some of those savings & put it back into the economy, same with bankers if we cut their bonuses they will set up in other countries & get their bonuses there & pay hefty tax in that country.

We have so many people in this country who are envious of those who earn good money & have done well for themselves.

Good to see the scroungers who get money for nothing are being hit hard as well.

Can you evidence any of this? Or is this more jingoistic daily mail nonsense.

UNITED Kingdom on 18:01 - Sep 23 with 962 viewstrampie

Trickle down economics doesn't work.

I've seen documentaries, read experts views and it doesn't work.

I'm in shock that this Government is seemingly trying to do it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

UNITED Kingdom on 18:08 - Sep 23 with 956 viewstrampie

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/trickle-down-economics-theory-effect-does-it-wor

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/23/tax-cuts-rich-trickle-down/

https://ethicalunicorn.com/2021/06/30/what-is-trickle-down-economics-why-it-does

Trickle down economics doesn't work, rich get richer, poor get poorer, what is Liz Truss and her Government trying to do ?, we are going to have more and more food banks with these clowns.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

UNITED Kingdom on 19:16 - Sep 23 with 939 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 18:08 - Sep 23 by trampie

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/trickle-down-economics-theory-effect-does-it-wor

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/23/tax-cuts-rich-trickle-down/

https://ethicalunicorn.com/2021/06/30/what-is-trickle-down-economics-why-it-does

Trickle down economics doesn't work, rich get richer, poor get poorer, what is Liz Truss and her Government trying to do ?, we are going to have more and more food banks with these clowns.

No trickle down doesn't work, it's a failed idea. This is just giving money to the rich.

It's not a class war though, as someone else said, this isnt about Royalty v plebs, this is about a rubbish politician using a failed ideology which will only benefit the highest paid while the lowest paid will only get scraps that won't cover the inflationary rises.

It's about money not class. There is no class in this.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

UNITED Kingdom on 20:01 - Sep 23 with 924 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 19:16 - Sep 23 by Catullus

No trickle down doesn't work, it's a failed idea. This is just giving money to the rich.

It's not a class war though, as someone else said, this isnt about Royalty v plebs, this is about a rubbish politician using a failed ideology which will only benefit the highest paid while the lowest paid will only get scraps that won't cover the inflationary rises.

It's about money not class. There is no class in this.

Sleepy Joe agrees ….

Cymru needs to leave this toxic union.

Beware of the Risen People

UNITED Kingdom on 22:23 - Sep 23 with 914 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 20:01 - Sep 23 by Kilkennyjack

Sleepy Joe agrees ….

Cymru needs to leave this toxic union.

The Welsh public have made it clear time and time again they want to remain part of the United Kingdom a fact you refuse to acknowledge. They realise they need the annual subsidy of £3000 per person from the UK taxpayers.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

UNITED Kingdom on 09:53 - Sep 24 with 890 viewsjohnlangy

UNITED Kingdom on 22:23 - Sep 23 by felixstowe_jack

The Welsh public have made it clear time and time again they want to remain part of the United Kingdom a fact you refuse to acknowledge. They realise they need the annual subsidy of £3000 per person from the UK taxpayers.

Oh for God's sake Felix. What are you talking about ?

You regularly criticize people for going off topic in threads so what on earth has that got to do with this Tory budget ?

At least make some logical contribution to the discussion.
UNITED Kingdom on 13:48 - Sep 24 with 864 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 09:53 - Sep 24 by johnlangy

Oh for God's sake Felix. What are you talking about ?

You regularly criticize people for going off topic in threads so what on earth has that got to do with this Tory budget ?

At least make some logical contribution to the discussion.

it was in response to Kilkenny's post so I guess as a one off post it's OK, as long as the whole thread doesn't turninto a Welsh indyfest!

Staying on topic isn't a strength for many of us.

UNITED Kingdom on 17:56 - Sep 24 with 848 viewsjohnlangy

UNITED Kingdom on 13:48 - Sep 24 by Catullus

it was in response to Kilkenny's post so I guess as a one off post it's OK, as long as the whole thread doesn't turninto a Welsh indyfest!

Staying on topic isn't a strength for many of us.

Accepted.
UNITED Kingdom on 19:40 - Sep 24 with 829 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 22:23 - Sep 23 by felixstowe_jack

Yet we have never been asked, of course ….. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

UNITED Kingdom on 19:52 - Sep 24 with 823 viewsFireboy2

You do know that most people who are on benefits aren't scroungers penc?

I'm surprised at that comment from you mate.

This mini budget will make the divide between the rich and poor even larger, shows how far this government is out of touch with what is going on in this country atm.
UNITED Kingdom on 19:58 - Sep 24 with 816 viewsonehunglow

It is a massive gamble and one that could see future generations pay dearly.
Utter madness

It’s a tap on for Labour really

Kwarteng has shat on millions of working class Conservative voters and they exist as do middle class Labour voters

We need to unite this country

UNITED Kingdom on 21:53 - Sep 24 with 801 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 19:52 - Sep 24 by Fireboy2

You do know that most people who are on benefits aren't scroungers penc?

I'm surprised at that comment from you mate.

This mini budget will make the divide between the rich and poor even larger, shows how far this government is out of touch with what is going on in this country atm.

That's the really bad thing, this move won't just hit the poorer hard, it will ut a lot of people in trouble because bills are rising so much.

Like I've said elsewhere, what we gain personally here from the tax and NI changes will be outdone by the price rises and we will still be hundreds worse off. For people already living hand to mouth it will be a disaster. The cap on energy bills still sees us close n 500 quid per year worse off when our fixed term ends. The roughy 400 quid we save makes us roughly 100 worse off before the other cost of living rises and I won't be getting a pay rise either.

If you are hand to mouth now, if you are an OAP with only the state pension, if you recently lost a job or are on welfare because you can only get part time work, times will be very difficult.

UNITED Kingdom on 07:20 - Sep 25 with 780 viewstrampie

It's unfair because it's a tax give away to the rich and therefore probably not enough money left in the pot for the NHS, schools, services etc to deal with their rising costs (inflation, energy bills).

It's obscene.

UNITED Kingdom on 08:31 - Sep 25 with 763 viewsKilkennyjack

UNITED Kingdom on 07:20 - Sep 25 by trampie

It's unfair because it's a tax give away to the rich and therefore probably not enough money left in the pot for the NHS, schools, services etc to deal with their rising costs (inflation, energy bills).

It's obscene.

They are trying to short the pound, nothing else makes sense.

They dont care about people who need help. Disgraceful.

Onething that they are good at is pumping shite into our rivers and beaches.

Annibyniaeth.

UNITED Kingdom on 09:02 - Sep 25 with 754 viewsraynor94

UNITED Kingdom on 07:20 - Sep 25 by trampie

It's obscene.

Interesting to see how the assembly deals with it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

UNITED Kingdom on 10:19 - Sep 25 with 738 viewsSgorioFruit

UNITED Kingdom on 10:25 - Sep 23 by onehunglow

everyone entitled to vote the way they want.

But how anyone could vote for the tories after they have tried their hardest to destroy this county is baffling.

Rotten, and corrupt from the top down mate.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

UNITED Kingdom on 10:26 - Sep 25 with 735 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 10:19 - Sep 25 by SgorioFruit

everyone entitled to vote the way they want.

But how anyone could vote for the tories after they have tried their hardest to destroy this county is baffling.

Rotten, and corrupt from the top down mate.

Not of one is living in the like of north Norfolk,Oxfordshire,and much of the home counties.

The Home Counties are the place where those who make mega money in The City live ;the ones who are going to create wealth that will trickle down.It's numbingly crass a concept.

Maybe ,the "working people " should unite instead of some refering to others as "bin dippers"
[Post edited 25 Sep 2022 10:28]

UNITED Kingdom on 12:14 - Sep 25 with 713 viewsmajorraglan

Looks like Truss is going to relax the rules on immigration in the near future which will infuriate a lot of the voters including those who supported Brexit on the basis we were taking back control of our borders. I understand the issues with agriculture and Brits not wanting to pick crops, but in other areas instead of relaxing rules wouldn't it have been nice to see more tax breaks going to companies who were investing and up skilling people.

Looks like the people on over £50k are now going to get family allowance and a myriad of other new benefits while people at the bottom struggle even more.

The pound tanking s going to fuel inflation as imports which are priced in dollars are going to become much more expensive, fuel etc and as inflation goes up so will interest rates. Tough times ahead.
UNITED Kingdom on 12:21 - Sep 25 with 701 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 12:14 - Sep 25 by majorraglan

Looks like Truss is going to relax the rules on immigration in the near future which will infuriate a lot of the voters including those who supported Brexit on the basis we were taking back control of our borders. I understand the issues with agriculture and Brits not wanting to pick crops, but in other areas instead of relaxing rules wouldn't it have been nice to see more tax breaks going to companies who were investing and up skilling people.

Looks like the people on over £50k are now going to get family allowance and a myriad of other new benefits while people at the bottom struggle even more.

The pound tanking s going to fuel inflation as imports which are priced in dollars are going to become much more expensive, fuel etc and as inflation goes up so will interest rates. Tough times ahead.

It's firking nuts
A massive gamble and I hate gambling.

What has also annoyed me is the abandoning of the Sugar Tax that would help the obesity time bomb we can all see.The fattest nation in Europe and we have not the guts to attack sugary drink and come to it,alcohol levies;just why is drink seen as so important. Being a cynic ,it's a ruse to keep the "working man" happy with his blessed pint .

It shows how utterly skewed we are . Cheap booze but dear food and energy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024