Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond 20:18 - Sep 17 with 11774 views442Dale

Possibly one mistake that Bentley has made so far is not sticking with some of the players who did well v Accrington in the Pizza trophy. Tuesday has now become more than giving other players a run out, it’s letting them have a chance to retain their position in the team if they play well.

O’Donnell
Seriki, Graham, Keohane, White
Sinclair, Malley, Diagouraga, Odoh
Rodney, Quigley.

Subs to be used where required: Kelly, Brierley, Henderson, Campbell

This is presuming we’ve no other defenders available or from the youth team. Stick to a 4-4-2, see how Diagouraga benefits from Malley’s energy, if he can’t prove he’s able to produce in the defensive role then take him off and go with one of the other two. We have to try Rodney and Quigley together to see if they can be a constant threat occupying defenders more. At the moment Quigley is isolated.

Get it wide, run, get crosses into the box.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 18:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:29 - Sep 17 with 8876 viewsfourfourtwo

O’Donnell

Seriki Graham McNulty White

Keohane

Brierley Malley Kelly

Quigley Rodney
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 8:34]
Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:33 - Sep 17 with 8867 views442Dale

Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:29 - Sep 17 by fourfourtwo

O’Donnell

Seriki Graham McNulty White

Keohane

Brierley Malley Kelly

Quigley Rodney
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 8:34]

Nelson can’t play due to his international call-up. Would agree that getting Keohane into midfield is an option when there are more defensive options.

Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 23:23 - Sep 17 with 8725 viewsNorthernDale

The issue on Tuesday and Saturday is have, how many CD's do we have fit, what as happened to Ethan E-L, Johns and Taylor. However I would use Tuesday, in the same way he used Accrington, to identify those who want to work and those who don't. Then he can use this as a basis for Saturday.

Tuesday:
O'Donnell,
Seriki, Graham (or E-L or Johns if fit), Keohane, White
Malley, Kelly
Rodney, Ball, Sinclair
Quigley

Subs
Kelly (Gk), Odoh, Brierley, Diagouraga, Campbell, Henderson, + CD

- we cannot afford to start with Odoh or Diagouraga, they are best used as subs.
Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 08:49 - Sep 18 with 8517 viewsfirgrovedale51

I would like to see Max Taylor given a chance
Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 04:44 - Sep 19 with 8142 viewsfrenzied

I’m sure when we played Liverpool last year there’s was a link to Liverpool fc channel to get match streamed for free....?
Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 14:43 - Sep 20 with 7689 views49thseason

7.00 KO if anyone is going....
Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 15:18 - Sep 20 with 7605 viewsrickyprickles

£20 for hospitality! Bargain
Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 16:58 - Sep 20 with 7412 viewsMoonyDale

Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 04:44 - Sep 19 by frenzied

I’m sure when we played Liverpool last year there’s was a link to Liverpool fc channel to get match streamed for free....?

A 4 - 0 win if memory serves....Can't see that happening tonight..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 18:09 - Sep 20 with 7241 views442Dale

Keohane at CH, no Ball.

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 18:18 - Sep 20 with 7140 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 18:09 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

Keohane at CH, no Ball.

Or Quigley

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 18:36 - Sep 20 with 7041 views49thseason

Is that our Oscar Kelly on the Liverpool teamsheet?

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 18:59 - Sep 20 with 6909 viewsswindondale

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 18:36 - Sep 20 by 49thseason

Is that our Oscar Kelly on the Liverpool teamsheet?

Yes, it is an Oscar Kelly, but I believe this one is a goalkeeper.
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 19:12 - Sep 20 with 6825 views49thseason

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 18:59 - Sep 20 by swindondale

Yes, it is an Oscar Kelly, but I believe this one is a goalkeeper.

Crikey is he Brads Brother then?
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 19:24 - Sep 20 with 6705 viewsShun

Madness that not only do they have 99-year-old Jay Spearing playing for their U21s, but a Brazil international who's played for the likes of Barcelona and Juventus.
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 19:38 - Sep 20 with 6526 viewsZac_B

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 19:24 - Sep 20 by Shun

Madness that not only do they have 99-year-old Jay Spearing playing for their U21s, but a Brazil international who's played for the likes of Barcelona and Juventus.

Ha, I was also a bit confused when I saw Spearing's name!
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 19:44 - Sep 20 with 6465 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 19:38 - Sep 20 by Zac_B

Ha, I was also a bit confused when I saw Spearing's name!

Fairly even so far on the pitch.

Off the pitch, The Sandy started off strongly but after a whole hearted ‘who the ****ing hell are you?’ - the Liverpool U10 birthday party boys (Sam and 9 mates) have taken the honours,leaving this match up level as we approach half-time.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 5978 viewsJames1980

Another flare has been let off according to the commentary team 😔

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 20:30 - Sep 20 with 5906 views442Dale

Another flare in the Sandy.

It’s very easy to lose a good reputation. All they’ll end up having is a load of stewards at the back.

Time for the club to make it clear of the consequences again

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 20:48 - Sep 20 with 5631 views49thseason

Liverpool Echo:
Full time: Rochdale 1-0 Liverpool U21
Full-time and it wasn't to be for Liverpool U21s in this EFL Trophy game at Rochdale, the youngsters putting up a great fight but went down to that late Campbell goal and ended up with 10 men after the red card for Olufunwa. Arthur Melo got through 62 minutes.

20:50RICHARD GARNETT
Into time added on
Five minutes of injury time for Liverpool to find an equaliser.

20:49IAN DOYLE
Match attendance confirmed
1,060 here at the Crown Oil Arena that is really Spotland tonight.
20:46IAN DOYLE
It's all kicking off
Tempers now flaring in the midfield. Tasty end to this game as players from both teams are pulled apart by the referee.

Blair is booked for his part in that flare-up.

20:45IAN DOYLE
SAVED!
Hewitson saves the penalty from Henderson and then Campbell balloons the rebound over the bar.

20:44RICHARD GARNETT
Penalty to Rochdale and red card
Rochdale win a penalty. Liverpool guilty a little bit of panicking and Olufunwa is sent off for the foul.

20:42IAN DOYLE
GOAL! Rochdale 1-0 Liverpool U21
Disappointment for Liverpool as Rochdale take the lead with eight minutes to go. A ball is played through and Tahvon Campbell clips over Hewitson to score. 1-0 to the home side.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 21:00]
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 20:58 - Sep 20 with 5424 viewsD_Dale

Phew- 1-0!

1060 attendance.
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:00 - Sep 20 with 5339 viewsjoecooke

Sinclair looked sharp.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:02 - Sep 20 with 5279 viewsNorthernDale

For those who attended tonight, do you think the players performance as influenced the team selection for Saturday or not?
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:05 - Sep 20 with 5184 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 20:58 - Sep 20 by D_Dale

Phew- 1-0!

1060 attendance.

Not sure what you can take from that really. Positives are at least it's a win, Sinclair did well and good to see Campbell on the scoresheet if looking a little rusty. Other than that, none of the fringe players really did enough to show Bentley they deserve a start on Saturday and we could be down another defender in Seriki. Hendo blew his chance to get one closer to the record as well.....

A mixed bag.
Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:07 - Sep 20 with 5139 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:02 - Sep 20 by NorthernDale

For those who attended tonight, do you think the players performance as influenced the team selection for Saturday or not?

Sinclair will have done for sure. Campbell took his goal well but then missed an open goal on the Henderson penalty rebound and nodded a header wide that he should’ve put away. Maybstill be lacking sharpness. Malley was quieter than I would’ve liked.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:13 - Sep 20 with 4964 viewsisitme

Match thread: Team for Liverpool u21s and beyond on 21:00 - Sep 20 by joecooke

Sinclair looked sharp.

And he worked hard as well. Easy mom choice. I though Graham looked pretty good and Brierley made a number of telling passes. Otherwise a mixed bag against a limited side.

I expected more from Malley who physically looks the part and is decent technically but failed to make enough of an impact. The same really with Tulloch who is quick but with no real end product.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024