Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When? 19:49 - Oct 8 with 4216 viewssaint22

What are the board waiting for?
Surely Not giving him until Next weekend?
When? on 08:18 - Oct 10 with 1129 viewsA1079

When? on 23:48 - Oct 9 by ElijahK

Ok but that goal threat isn’t down to Ralph, that’s just down to us having a championship attack in the prem, which ain’t gonna work for anyone, wether Ralph stays or goes, hence why I’m happy the world cups on so that we’ve got less games to play until the January transfer market open up and we can sign that realisable striker we desperately need.
Clean sheet wise, yeah that’s down to tactics and who’s in charge, but like I’ve just said, unless we get like 3/4 points from West Ham and Bournemouth then I’ll agree that his time is up.

Tend to agree with you Elijah but on the point of the striker, everyone recognised last season that it was an issue and it was a key area to resolve in the summer but for whatever reason that did not happen. Was that not a fatal flaw of judgement and lack of action by the club that has now made our job more difficult? All too often we seem to be slow to react to a problem.

We can hope to get someone in January but don't bet on it. It will be more expensive, more likely to be a panic buy and anyone of note will be reluctant to join a club that is staring relegation in the face.

We need a minimum of 4 points from West Ham and Bournemouth and beyond that something from Palace as Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool probably isn't going to yield anything - accepting the latter is stuttering a bit at the moment - but I doubt they will against us.
When? on 08:43 - Oct 10 with 1081 viewsPatfromPoole

When? on 23:48 - Oct 9 by ElijahK

Ok but that goal threat isn’t down to Ralph, that’s just down to us having a championship attack in the prem, which ain’t gonna work for anyone, wether Ralph stays or goes, hence why I’m happy the world cups on so that we’ve got less games to play until the January transfer market open up and we can sign that realisable striker we desperately need.
Clean sheet wise, yeah that’s down to tactics and who’s in charge, but like I’ve just said, unless we get like 3/4 points from West Ham and Bournemouth then I’ll agree that his time is up.

What strikers have Boscombe signed?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

When? on 08:59 - Oct 10 with 1069 viewsTripleNiemi

We're only 3 points behind Liverpool FFS

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

When? on 10:17 - Oct 10 with 975 viewsSaintNick

When? on 23:47 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

I don’t see how the board can honestly think that things will improve under Ralph.

All the evidence suggests otherwise.

He can string a few wins together but he can’t build any lasting team quality or robustness.

And he’s been in charge a long time. He’s had a long time to build something at Saints and he’s built nothing.

The form we’re in now is similar to that under Hughes when he arrived.

He has built nothing at Saints because up to this season we had an owner who could not put money in to the club, some of you have spent the best part of the last two years demanding that Gao be replaced as he put no money in, now he has gone you berate Hasenhuttl for not building anything during that time.

Sometimes I think people see what they want to see not what the situation is

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

When? on 11:19 - Oct 10 with 929 viewsButty101

When? on 10:17 - Oct 10 by SaintNick

He has built nothing at Saints because up to this season we had an owner who could not put money in to the club, some of you have spent the best part of the last two years demanding that Gao be replaced as he put no money in, now he has gone you berate Hasenhuttl for not building anything during that time.

Nick yes Ralph has hands tied, but he hasnt been able to improve the defence in his time and we are on for conceding 60 again.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

When? on 11:30 - Oct 10 with 916 viewsPaleRider

Nick - you frequently berate people for not having solutions. What is your solution to the current issue or are you happy with the current situation?
When? on 12:06 - Oct 10 with 885 viewsDorsetIan

Maybe if you took your heavily rose.tinted glasses off, you could see what pretty much everyone else can see.

You were dead wrong about Gao and you’re dead wrong about Ralph.

His time’s up; he’s had more than enough time to show what he’s got and instead he’s just demonstrated game after game that he’s not up to it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

When? on 12:12 - Oct 10 with 874 viewsMytchettSaint

I've wanted Ralph gone since the Newcastle game we lost when they had 9 men and managed to beat us. I do think Ralph genuinely cares about the club and isn't a mercenary manager (the likes of which we've seen before here).
He has had the very well known issues you mentioned to deal with in his time here but I just don't see him managing to turn things around. We look stale, he's had more chance than any other manager I know with these horrific runs we have under him. The playing staff can now truly be classed as his, rather than a squad inherited. The coaching staff have been changed. He's been here long enough that his philosophy is imbedded in the club. It's time for some fresh ideas at the club, if nothing else, to reinvigorate the players. He's lost the vast majority of the fans. I have already made my mind up not to travel down for the West Ham game next Sunday as I can't be arsed to watch the same thing I've watched all too often these last couple of seasons.
If by some miracle (and I don't think it's going to happen this season) we go on another one of the winning runs he somehow seems to get lucky with, you just know that the minute it looks like we are safe, we'll stumble on to the end of season as he decides to f*ck around with tactics and selection.
I keep reading "Bold & Brave", it's time the club started backing that up with actions rather than saying it.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

When? on 13:44 - Oct 10 with 832 viewsGRIM

When? on 23:47 - Oct 9 by DorsetIan

I don’t see how the board can honestly think that things will improve under Ralph.

All the evidence suggests otherwise.

He can string a few wins together but he can’t build any lasting team quality or robustness.

And he’s been in charge a long time. He’s had a long time to build something at Saints and he’s built nothing.

The form we’re in now is similar to that under Hughes when he arrived.

Nail on the head.
Ralph has had 4yrs to build a team & develop a system & he's achieved neither.
None of us want see a Saints Manager sacked because that means we’re struggling.
But Ralph seems unable to improve players, most of them deteriorate under Ralph's management.
But the biggest problem is Ralph's constant insistence on players out of position & inability to find a settled side.
We don't have great quality at the club but we should be able to perform better than we are, Ralph's body language is demotivating, he's afraid & that fear transmits to the players.
We have to be careful what we wish for, but a change of Manager is needed.
Perhaps our new owners could tempt Thomas Frank to leave Brentford & get us all motivated.
When? on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 822 viewssaints__fan__73

Are you saying the new owner HAS put money in? Can you share any evidence that this is the case?

It appears we are just spending money the club generates through its revenues as always.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

When? on 14:59 - Oct 10 with 764 viewsSaintNick

When? on 13:50 - Oct 10 by saints__fan__73

Are you saying the new owner HAS put money in? Can you share any evidence that this is the case?

It appears we are just spending money the club generates through its revenues as always.

I havent got time to put up the figures, but I think the at the last count the club earned around £145-50 million and we have spent around £60 million this transfer window, I think that we have so far spent a little more than we will take in when wages etc are taken into account

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

When? on 16:50 - Oct 10 with 691 viewssaints__fan__73

When? on 14:59 - Oct 10 by SaintNick

I havent got time to put up the figures, but I think the at the last count the club earned around £145-50 million and we have spent around £60 million this transfer window, I think that we have so far spent a little more than we will take in when wages etc are taken into account

Time? I'm not asking you to talk figures Nick, I'm asking for a shred of evidence that the owner has put in 1p of his own money.

I can't see any indication of this and even the new owner's when they took over said they would not be changing the way the club is financed.

I'm not sure why you are pushing the agenda that the new owners are investing their own money when there is no evidence to back this up. it's almost as if by doing this you think it will make fans go easier on them...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

When? on 18:33 - Oct 10 with 615 viewsdwayne_dibley

The Glazier’s at manure leveraged the takeover using debt secured on the club, they did not invest personal funds
[Post edited 11 Oct 2022 6:12]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

When? on 19:45 - Oct 10 with 582 viewssaint22

When? on 20:18 - Oct 8 by SteveMoron

Tomorrow or Monday

Well its almost Tuesday
Looks like we have to suffer a little longer

I wonder who plays LB this weekend then......
Will AM return in goal?
Will Walcott start?
Who knows, Ralphie doesn't thats for sure!!
When? on 06:14 - Oct 11 with 466 viewsdwayne_dibley

When? on 19:45 - Oct 10 by saint22

Well its almost Tuesday
Looks like we have to suffer a little longer

I wonder who plays LB this weekend then......
Will AM return in goal?
Will Walcott start?
Who knows, Ralphie doesn't thats for sure!!

Thinking back he is like a reincarnated George Burley

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

When? on 08:40 - Oct 11 with 390 viewskernow

Handy hip flask for those cold mornings at Staplewood ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024