Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Words to one of our chants 10:11 - Dec 8 with 4975 viewsrocktour

Does anyone have the actual words to our version of the chant that begins 'Oh no, you should have seen us coming' and ends 'top see the Queens Park Rangers'? I'll confess that after 39 years in the South Africa Road, I'm unsure about the middle bit. Need it for a research thing.
Thanks Russell
Words to one of our chants on 19:26 - Dec 8 with 1089 viewsCiderwithRsie

Words to one of our chants on 15:39 - Dec 8 by Stanisgod

There used to be " My old man said be a Chelsea fan, I said F off bolox your a C, to the tune of My old man said follow the van.

I used to think that was just ours, until a very posh girl I was trying to get off with sang me the Arsenal version. Or maybe she was West Ham, I forget, but she had lovely legs. It was all a long time ago.

We used to sing:

F*ck 'em all, f*ck 'em all
United, West Ham, Arsenal
We are the Rangers and we are the best
We are the Rangers so f*ck all the rest

...which I don't think I've heard anywhere else.

(We also had that season when we went down and we sang Daydream Believer like anything after that American Marching Band were invited guests, which no-one else did, and then next thing you know every other team nicked it, starting with people having a pop at Peter Reid.)
Words to one of our chants on 21:30 - Dec 8 with 988 viewsOakR

Think we had an unusual for John Spencer, but can't remember it now.

Kevin Gallen's magic was always good as it could go on for a while.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Words to one of our chants on 21:36 - Dec 8 with 986 viewsessextaxiboy

Words to one of our chants on 18:54 - Dec 8 by dmm

For me, the best ever and most distinctive QPR chant I've ever heard is "Roooooodneeeeey". It echoed around LR like no other and spooked the opposition and their fans.

I always tell people thats what hooked me , with my Dad aged 7 at my first game it seemed deafening . .... 55 years of misery with the odd moment of joy have followed .
Words to one of our chants on 21:37 - Dec 8 with 983 viewsR_from_afar

I remember hearing football fans sing: "We all agree (insert name of bitter rivals here) are rubbish".

I'm not sure if any particular club "owned" that chant but I haven't heard it in ages. It's probably too tame for 21st century Britain.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Words to one of our chants on 21:42 - Dec 8 with 968 viewsstowmarketrange

Words to one of our chants on 21:37 - Dec 8 by R_from_afar

I remember hearing football fans sing: "We all agree (insert name of bitter rivals here) are rubbish".

I'm not sure if any particular club "owned" that chant but I haven't heard it in ages. It's probably too tame for 21st century Britain.

You’re gonna get your fcuking heads kicked in was a lovely tune to hear at away games.It can even be heard on the big match revisited sometimes.
Words to one of our chants on 22:28 - Dec 8 with 932 viewsGalileo

How about, you’re going home in a blue and white ambulance !
Words to one of our chants on 23:17 - Dec 8 with 886 viewszicoshoops

Words to one of our chants on 18:54 - Dec 8 by dmm

For me, the best ever and most distinctive QPR chant I've ever heard is "Roooooodneeeeey". It echoed around LR like no other and spooked the opposition and their fans.

I agree.
The whole ground singing it was amazing.

Although we did nick it from the West German fans, who used to sing it to Weber during the 66 World Cup.
Words to one of our chants on 23:27 - Dec 8 with 863 viewsSydneyRs

Words to one of our chants on 13:24 - Dec 8 by TheChef

Watching The Big Match Revisited and the like from the 70s and 80s, loads of fans from different clubs sang YNWA. But now it's the preserve of Liverpool and no one else. Has football become more tribal?

Celtic claim YNWA too and still sing it before games.
Login to get fewer ads

Words to one of our chants on 23:29 - Dec 8 with 855 viewsNW5Hoop

Words to one of our chants on 19:26 - Dec 8 by CiderwithRsie

I used to think that was just ours, until a very posh girl I was trying to get off with sang me the Arsenal version. Or maybe she was West Ham, I forget, but she had lovely legs. It was all a long time ago.

We used to sing:

(We also had that season when we went down and we sang Daydream Believer like anything after that American Marching Band were invited guests, which no-one else did, and then next thing you know every other team nicked it, starting with people having a pop at Peter Reid.)

Leeds used to sing that. It's another old song, Bless Em All, by George Formby (whose lyrics gave the title of the play The Long and The Short and The Tall by Willis Hall). Leeds sang:

"F*** em all, f*** em all, F*** the long and the short and the tall
Cos we are United
And we are the best
We are United so f*** al the rest."
Words to one of our chants on 23:36 - Dec 8 with 840 viewsFearless

Words to one of our chants on 21:30 - Dec 8 by OakR

We’ll drink a drink a drink
To spenny the king, the king, the king
He’s the saviour of our football team
Cos he’s finest, centre forward, that the world has ever seen

Repeat
Words to one of our chants on 23:42 - Dec 8 with 831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Words to one of our chants on 19:26 - Dec 8 by CiderwithRsie

We used to sing:

Millwall have always claimed that one.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 23:44]
Words to one of our chants on 23:50 - Dec 8 with 822 viewsted_hendrix

Words to one of our chants on 21:30 - Dec 8 by OakR

For the life of me I can't remember the words to It either but I can remember being in a packed away end at Elm Park back In the day, (well evening) when Spencer scored twice and we tonked the f uckers, anyway he came over to us after scoring and pointed to his chest and shouted 'I'm the f ucking Man'.

My memory Is shit.

Apart from hearing that Rodney chant loud and clear; Rodneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

We had a song for Rodney Marsh back then too, It was something to do with Harmony Hairspray but of course I've forgot the words.

Gotta go now, I've forgot what I was talking about.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Words to one of our chants on 07:01 - Dec 9 with 747 viewspaulparker

Words to one of our chants on 23:50 - Dec 8 by ted_hendrix

For the life of me I can't remember the words to It either but I can remember being in a packed away end at Elm Park back In the day, (well evening) when Spencer scored twice and we tonked the f uckers, anyway he came over to us after scoring and pointed to his chest and shouted 'I'm the f ucking Man'.

My memory Is shit.

Apart from hearing that Rodney chant loud and clear; Rodneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

We had a song for Rodney Marsh back then too, It was something to do with Harmony Hairspray but of course I've forgot the words.

Gotta go now, I've forgot what I was talking about.

That Reading game your talking about Ted is the one we lost 2-1
Spencer and Peacock were making their debuts for us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Words to one of our chants on 08:02 - Dec 9 with 718 viewsdmm

Words to one of our chants on 23:17 - Dec 8 by zicoshoops

I agree.
The whole ground singing it was amazing.

Although we did nick it from the West German fans, who used to sing it to Weber during the 66 World Cup.

You know, I never knew we nicked it from the West Germans. What an interesting little fact, thanks.
Words to one of our chants on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 650 viewshantssi

Words to one of our chants on 22:28 - Dec 8 by Galileo

How about, you’re going home in a blue and white ambulance !

I thought it was St John’s ambulance?
I guess the sentiment was the same!
Words to one of our chants on 10:13 - Dec 9 with 642 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not so much a song as a call and response but "Give me a Q... Give me a U..." etc. which ended up with "What have you got?" response: "Sore throats".
Probably stolen from Borussia Mönchengladbach though

The grass is always greener.

Words to one of our chants on 10:46 - Dec 9 with 605 viewsted_hendrix

Words to one of our chants on 07:01 - Dec 9 by paulparker

That Reading game your talking about Ted is the one we lost 2-1
Spencer and Peacock were making their debuts for us

Had to look It up; 2nd September 1997 evening game we won 2-1, (Spencer and a bloke called OG).

It was the season that we made Jamie Pollock our player of the season.

A mad season and my car load only missed a few games all season home or away.

Best home game was when we battered Middlesborough 5-0.

Worst away games we lost at Middlesborough 3-0 (we were awful). Florist we lost 4-0 (we were even worse).
Best away game 3-2 win at Crewe, that's about It, we were crap that season away from home.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Words to one of our chants on 10:57 - Dec 9 with 591 viewsCamberleyR

Words to one of our chants on 10:46 - Dec 9 by ted_hendrix

Had to look It up; 2nd September 1997 evening game we won 2-1, (Spencer and a bloke called OG).

It was the season that we made Jamie Pollock our player of the season.

A mad season and my car load only missed a few games all season home or away.

Best home game was when we battered Middlesborough 5-0.

Worst away games we lost at Middlesborough 3-0 (we were awful). Florist we lost 4-0 (we were even worse).
Best away game 3-2 win at Crewe, that's about It, we were crap that season away from home.

Yeah that game was one of the four wins that somehow got Skeletor Houston manager of the month for September that season (before it all turned to shit) but PP is correct in saying that the 'I'm your fcking man' game was the season before on Spencer's (and Peacock's) debut that we lost 2-1.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Words to one of our chants on 11:00 - Dec 9 with 578 viewshubble

The 'Q for quintessentially, P for paradoxically, R for rather wonderfully Q-P-R!' chant that I tried to get going once in R block didn't take off, strangely.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024