Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 23:51 - Dec 22 with 20017 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59182/swansea-independen

LIVE THIS XMAS. Click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:04 - Dec 27 with 988 viewsAnotherJohn

Same depressing picture. Lots of possession in midfield, very little penetration and always a couple of mistakes in our defenders. A few of our players seem to be going through the motions today - perhaps because possible moves are coming up. Also our set piece delivery has been abysmal. Hope that medical issue in the away end isn't anything serious.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:06 - Dec 27 with 968 viewsDr_Winston

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:00 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

I don’t give support to Martin indefinitely but do people really think his game plan is ‘look lads, pass the ball sideways all game and don’t have the balls to take proper chances’?

Joe Allen is not worth having on the pitch, he adds nothing.

Yeah, pretty much.

I mean, it's been eighteen months and we've done very little else. Matt Grimes, who's entire game consists of doing precisely that has featured in almost every minute and many other players who could potentially offer something different are frozen out and/or publically lambasted.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:07 - Dec 27 with 935 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ponderous in the extreme, should have scored 2 goals though.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:10 - Dec 27 with 900 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:00 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

I don’t give support to Martin indefinitely but do people really think his game plan is ‘look lads, pass the ball sideways all game and don’t have the balls to take proper chances’?

Joe Allen is not worth having on the pitch, he adds nothing.

Who sets up the team?

Who dictates tactics?

Who decides substitutions?

Who shouted at Futlon to NOT shoot on the edge of the oppo box?

Who keeps picking Sorinola and Latibeaudiere but won't give a start to Oko-Flex, one of our most dangerous looking players?

I was surprised he started Cooper to be honest. Yet again though we play risky passes around our box but won't try them around the oppo penalty area!

Last question, if it's not his game plan why isn't he giving them a right roasting from pitchside and making changes?
OK, another one, if its not his gameplan why have we been doing it for most of the last 18 months?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:12 - Dec 27 with 877 viewsheatwave

I think everyone tries their best to see positives. I'm struggling.
Anyone? Anything?
I don't see still only 3 points off the playoff's if we lose this one as being positive.
Current climate that's not 1 win but 3 draws.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 866 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:03 - Dec 27 by union_jack

Well I hope not but it is his job to a) practice moves on the training pitch so they are second nature in the game and b) to instil confidence in the players to play the game they train for.

We could be forgiven for thinking he does tell them to play this way!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 18:06]

Hard to believe a professional footballer can’t put a ball into an area roughly a metre square from a dead from a corner , our crossing has been continually shockingly poor , unless we up our game then the best we can hope for is a draw (silently hoping for more )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:14 - Dec 27 with 844 viewspencoedjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:06 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Yeah, pretty much.

I mean, it's been eighteen months and we've done very little else. Matt Grimes, who's entire game consists of doing precisely that has featured in almost every minute and many other players who could potentially offer something different are frozen out and/or publically lambasted.

I almost choked on my Turkey curry when the Scottish pundit said he was surprised Grimes signed a contract at Swansea when he should be playing in the PL.

The epitome of someone who things stats mean everything
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:14 - Dec 27 with 843 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:58 - Dec 27 by onehunglow

Manning must warrant hooking surely

Been useless, his body language and attitude suggests he doesn't want to be there.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:14 - Dec 27 with 833 viewstheloneranger

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:48 - Dec 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If you’re gonna give penalties for that we’ll see ten a game.

Same ref who sent off 3 of our players v Scunthorpe - League Cup 2009.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:16 - Dec 27 with 803 viewsshingle

Well at least Reading are really poor is there is hope.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:17 - Dec 27 with 801 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:14 - Dec 27 by max936

Been useless, his body language and attitude suggests he doesn't want to be there.

If true then he’s done himself no favours tonight , nor us , you know the Club that pays his overinflated wages

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:17 - Dec 27 with 798 viewsCatullus

Matty Sorinola....I could do better than him, at least I'd try and make a challenge. twice now Ive seen what i'd call a 50/50 where he has merely chickened out. He is a coward.

The ref booked Cooper and Ok, he deserved it but Reading are continually fouling, he's giving us free kicks but that Reading player has taken us down from behind 3 times now, I admit they are not bad fouls, just awkward but he does it on purpose. Isn't repetitive fouling worth a card?

Why are we ( yett again ) unwilling to try risky forward passes but taking massive risks in our own half?

Why are we (yet again ) so slow and ponderous, there's more fizz in my flaccid dick! thats the word for them, flaccid...the whole bunch of them are FLACCID!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:18 - Dec 27 with 785 viewsDr_Winston

Some pundits will defend certain players regardless.

I mean, we all know the facts. Grimes was going to be out of contract. He could have negotiated another deal with any club, any where. None offered him anything better than he got here, or he'd have gone.

He's simply not a player that other teams were all that interested in signing, even at our own level.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:18 - Dec 27 with 780 viewspencoedjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:10 - Dec 27 by Catullus

Who sets up the team?

Who dictates tactics?

Who keeps picking Sorinola and Latibeaudiere but won't give a start to Oko-Flex, one of our most dangerous looking players?

I was surprised he started Cooper to be honest. Yet again though we play risky passes around our box but won't try them around the oppo penalty area!

Last question, if it's not his game plan why isn't he giving them a right roasting from pitchside and making changes?
OK, another one, if its not his gameplan why have we been doing it for most of the last 18 months?

Sorninola is a truly woeful player.

Slow, weak, can’t defend, offers nothing going forward a waste of a player on the pitch.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:19 - Dec 27 with 777 viewskrunchykarrot

Why FFS our 3 CH dont attack the ball in the penalty area baffles me, we had 2 ch just stagnant. We should have gone 1 up, instead 1 down.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:20 - Dec 27 with 751 viewsTreforys_Jack

We'll turn this around 2nd half I reckon.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:21 - Dec 27 with 738 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:14 - Dec 27 by theloneranger

Same ref who sent off 3 of our players v Scunthorpe - League Cup 2009.

And dragged one back on so he wouldn’t have to abandon the game.
And the game Monk insisted on shaking his hand despite Sousa telling him not to.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:24 - Dec 27 with 722 viewsunion_jack

Some will disagree but I’d take Piroe off and put Cullen on. I know he’s useless but he may try a bit harder.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:27 - Dec 27 with 711 viewsJohnw102

Back to pi55ing about at the back again.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:27 - Dec 27 with 713 viewscockett_jack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:10 - Dec 27 by Catullus

Who sets up the team?

Who dictates tactics?

I’m just sceptical how much influence a man on the touch line can have at the end of the day. They are professional footballers, not robots, they are the ones in the pitch making poor decision after poor decision and not having the bottle to just play positively. You’re telling me that because Martin tells them to play a certain why they rigidly stick to it every bloody posesssion and actively choose not to, you know….try to put the ball in the net like?
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:27 - Dec 27 with 706 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:17 - Dec 27 by Boundy

If true then he’s done himself no favours tonight , nor us , you know the Club that pays his overinflated wages

Not just tonight! As soon as he refused to sign we should have dropped him.

Is his refusal all about money, honestly now? Is there more to it? he looks like he doesn't want to be here, maybe that's all it is, he's had enough of Martin?

I certainy have.

And a slow motion goal which we (yet again) did to oursekves with that stupid, stuid goal kick.

MARTIN OUT!

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:28 - Dec 27 with 689 viewsThrasher6

That's goodnight from me.....awful...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:28 - Dec 27 with 673 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:27 - Dec 27 by cockett_jack

I’m just sceptical how much influence a man on the touch line can have at the end of the day. They are professional footballers, not robots, they are the ones in the pitch making poor decision after poor decision and not having the bottle to just play positively. You’re telling me that because Martin tells them to play a certain why they rigidly stick to it every bloody posesssion and actively choose not to, you know….try to put the ball in the net like?

Well,that should answer you. No profession players would initiate that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:28 - Dec 27 with 668 viewscockett_jack

So that goal was Martins fault right?
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:29 - Dec 27 with 655 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:20 - Dec 27 by Treforys_Jack

We'll turn this around 2nd half I reckon.

Hmmmm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024