Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we recall Nathan Tella? 17:29 - Dec 28 with 1280 viewsresearchersaint

There has been some talk about a potential recall of Nathan Tella from Burnley this January lately. He wouldn't solve the issues on his own but could help. The issue is if he isn't utilised then it could hamper his development as he is flying at Burnley. I wrote the below about whether we should recall him and what he would could offer. What do you think?

https://analyticsunited.co.uk/2022/12/28/should-southampton-recall-nathan-tella/
Should we recall Nathan Tella? on 18:52 - Dec 28 with 1132 viewsSlacker

I think he has scored 8 goals in 22 outings for the side at the top of the championship. Arguably one place below us.

I would play him in a front pare with Adams and bring on Edozie for the last 25 mins or so.

He is more likely to score than A Armstrong in my view plus he is 23 now and used to our set up, so there will be no bedding in period. It may be that his strengths will suit Jones's preferred style of play too.

No additional outlay either.
Should we recall Nathan Tella? on 08:59 - Dec 29 with 1027 viewskernow

Yes, we're struggling to score so it's obvious we need more options.
Stupid decision to loan him out.
One of many stupid decisions.
Should we recall Nathan Tella? on 09:21 - Dec 29 with 992 viewsMytchettSaint

The question should be, how motivated would he be getting dragged back here to more than likely start from the bench in a team that’s bottom of the table versus a team that’s winning games and at the top of their table?
I can’t imagine if I were him I’d be jumping at the thought.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 9:22]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Should we recall Nathan Tella? on 14:59 - Dec 29 with 911 viewskingslandstand1

Should we recall Nathan Tella? on 09:21 - Dec 29 by MytchettSaint

The question should be, how motivated would he be getting dragged back here to more than likely start from the bench in a team that’s bottom of the table versus a team that’s winning games and at the top of their table?
I can’t imagine if I were him I’d be jumping at the thought.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 9:22]

And no doubt would also be looking for a permanent move there should they come up and also actually get a medal at the end of the season. Not much chance of one of those here just yet

One could also ask whether he actually IS good enough for the Prem as he only shone at times while with us, BUT I don't think we have much choice. We are now officially desperate!
Should we recall Nathan Tella? on 15:18 - Dec 29 with 901 viewsSouthamptonfan

It really depends on how Tella feels doesn't it. We need him, we might as well put him up front and see. But if he doesn't want to be dragged back here for a relegation battle half through the year, and is enjoying it up there, then there is no point doing it, as he will be annoyed if the agreement was until the end of the season. All depends on him really.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 15:19]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Should we recall Nathan Tella? on 19:24 - Dec 29 with 823 viewsPatfromPoole

He’s been scoring goals, so it’s a no-brainier to get him back in the squad if the option is there.

I’d have Bednarek back as well. He’s got his critics, but he’s an experienced international CB who is in a different League to Lyanco.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024