Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window open 11:14 - Jan 1 with 2049 viewsPatfromPoole

I think we need the following:

Goalkeeper : Bazunu has cost us a shed full of points and has to go. I have mentioned Matt Ryan on a separate thread. Shouldn’t break the bank

Centre-midfielder: Diallo isn’t good enough as back-up

Right-midfielder : I would play Livramento in this position when he returns, but we need another option here.

Strikers: we need 3 of these in pronto. We are totally reliant on Che, and none of the others are anything other than Championship level at best; Mara is League 1 standard, he might get in the Skates team maybe.

Going to need a few ££££‘s for this lot.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Transfer window open on 12:12 - Jan 1 with 1925 views1ASIN12

Have to agree with all of those.

The big question is will we get them and if so how quickly can we get them in.

We've a big problem as who may have come in the summer may notwant to come to a side thats bottom andplay for a manager thats, rightly or wrongly under pressure.
Transfer window open on 12:41 - Jan 1 with 1872 viewsPatfromPoole

Transfer window open on 12:12 - Jan 1 by 1ASIN12

We've a big problem as who may have come in the summer may notwant to come to a side thats bottom andplay for a manager thats, rightly or wrongly under pressure.

A lot of them will be loans, as the words “relegation clause” will have players and their agents running a mile.

Transfer window open on 14:37 - Jan 1 with 1721 viewsdwayne_dibley

we need a fooking miracle

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Transfer window open on 14:49 - Jan 1 with 1708 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Transfer window open on 15:20 - Jan 1 with 1661 viewskingslandstand1

Aneka Rice?
Transfer window open on 15:30 - Jan 1 with 1652 viewskingslandstand1

Transfer window open on 12:12 - Jan 1 by 1ASIN12

As Pat has said, probably loans due to our current predicament but they will only be cast offs who can't get a game with current club
Transfer window open on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 1560 viewsdwayne_dibley

Transfer window open on 15:20 - Jan 1 by kingslandstand1

Aneka Rice?

nice buttocks

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Transfer window open on 18:15 - Jan 1 with 1557 viewscocklebreath

Transfer window open on 18:11 - Jan 1 by dwayne_dibley

nice buttocks

Rear of the year 1986

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window open on 12:18 - Jan 5 with 1221 viewsPatfromPoole

I think we need to sign two full-backs who are 8 feet tall, for our main attacking tactic of hoofing the ball diagonally to full-backs.

Transfer window open on 12:35 - Jan 5 with 1190 viewsCapt_Koons

Transfer window open on 12:18 - Jan 5 by PatfromPoole

I think we need to sign two full-backs who are 8 feet tall, for our main attacking tactic of hoofing the ball diagonally to full-backs.

The SR data app that came up with Jones, Mara, Lyanco etc etc, can't be relied upon to get anyone in worth having.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Transfer window open on 12:40 - Jan 5 with 1168 viewsmushinexile

The data app only proves that natural stupidity will always trump artificial intelligence.
Transfer window open on 12:42 - Jan 5 with 1150 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

First of all think he (or whoever) needs to decide on a way to play that the players can understand.
Then we can look at individual players .. Striker has to be a priority as the rest are way below standard! However this will all depend on what the budget is and who is available.
If they stick with Jones and his insistance on hoofball (back to the 80s folks) then sprinters I would say are needed .. forget totally about any creativity in midfield and get some destroyers in who will stop the opponent playing through when they obviously recover possession after we lose it in the final 3rd of the pitch.
Bazunu behind competent defenders could be a future option but we are talking about a young keeper who played last season in League 1 and although international for my Ireland (and pulled of a cracking penalty save v Penaldo) is still young and learning his trade.
Even this notion of buying young project players falls down IF they are not competently coached which does not seem to be the case at Saints ...
Transfer window open on 19:22 - Jan 5 with 1006 viewsScoot

If you pay 90s prices for players how are we going to compete with teams in the 20s? I think we'd struggle in the championship now.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Transfer window open on 20:10 - Jan 5 with 959 viewsHollywood56

Why do we always rely on 2nd best, we stuck with Shane Long for years, now we're doing it with Che Adams, why didn't we sign Gakpo when we had the chance? NO AMBITION from the owners, R H was the best manager we've had since MP
Transfer window open on 20:11 - Jan 5 with 958 viewsHollywood56

You can't blame an inexperienced goal keeper when he's nobody infront of him.
Transfer window open on 22:11 - Jan 5 with 913 viewsSFC_Referee

Transfer window open on 20:10 - Jan 5 by Hollywood56

Why do we always rely on 2nd best, we stuck with Shane Long for years, now we're doing it with Che Adams, why didn't we sign Gakpo when we had the chance? NO AMBITION from the owners, R H was the best manager we've had since MP

Dunno about that, as Koeman was certainly better than he was. As yeah he did have a much better team than Ralph did, and Ralph was still a great manager, but even then I think most people would still put Koeman above Ralph.

But yeah the clubs got no ambition which is why we’ve missed out on soo many stars recently by not paying that bit extra and instead going for some cheaper, less experienced and just poorer championship/youth player!

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Transfer window open on 14:27 - Jan 6 with 780 viewsdavenbennett

The deadline for ending loans is 18.00 Saturday. So, if we are to bring back Tella, or Stephens, Bednerek, and end M-N loan, has to be by then. I would try and sell Stephens and Bednerek and use funds to buy better. Transfermarkt has Bed at around £18m and Stephens at £5m. Get £50m Lavia, 19 today, £20m for Adams, £10m Djenepo, Ely £12m, Diallo £8m. AA £15m. Mara £12m and Larios £7m. Loan out Walcott, even if pay 2/3rd wages. That's about £160m-ish. Osric is £8m. So, £150m-ish left. If end M-N loan, that's 11 out. Bring 2 in on loan. Bring back Tella. That's 6 new signings, 2 loans and Tella. 9 new, for 10 old. But 2 were out on loan at Villa, and Walcott past it. AND not cost a penny! Sell to buy 4 at £30m or so. Leaves £30m to pay higher wages.
Transfer window open on 16:47 - Jan 6 with 702 viewsPatfromPoole

Transfer window open on 14:27 - Jan 6 by davenbennett

The deadline for ending loans is 18.00 Saturday. So, if we are to bring back Tella, or Stephens, Bednerek, and end M-N loan, has to be by then. I would try and sell Stephens and Bednerek and use funds to buy better. Transfermarkt has Bed at around £18m and Stephens at £5m. Get £50m Lavia, 19 today, £20m for Adams, £10m Djenepo, Ely £12m, Diallo £8m. AA £15m. Mara £12m and Larios £7m. Loan out Walcott, even if pay 2/3rd wages. That's about £160m-ish. Osric is £8m. So, £150m-ish left. If end M-N loan, that's 11 out. Bring 2 in on loan. Bring back Tella. That's 6 new signings, 2 loans and Tella. 9 new, for 10 old. But 2 were out on loan at Villa, and Walcott past it. AND not cost a penny! Sell to buy 4 at £30m or so. Leaves £30m to pay higher wages.

I would bring Bednarek and put him in the team.

I never thought he was as bad as many make out. Just his attitude. But he will hopefully have been chastened a bit by not getting game time at Villa.

We should bring Tella back; we don't have any goal threat at the moment, and he is in good scoring form.

Transfer window open on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 699 viewssaints__fan__73

We need a manager to start with.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024