Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
jesse marsch 15:32 - Feb 12 with 8512 viewssaint22

It would seem there is a meeting with him tomorrow......
After he just left leeds???
Deja vu
jesse marsch on 15:33 - Feb 12 with 4904 viewsDellbert_Wilkins

Why not , Rayo Vallecano's Andoni Iraola?
jesse marsch on 15:42 - Feb 12 with 4848 viewsinthebox

They will be a few this week I can imagine. I wouldn't have an issue with JM
jesse marsch on 16:05 - Feb 12 with 4751 views1885_SFC

We Marsch on!

Old School is Cool

jesse marsch on 16:12 - Feb 12 with 4728 viewsHeisenberg

Hardly inspiring.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

jesse marsch on 16:19 - Feb 12 with 4704 viewsSteveMoron

He has enthusiasm and an attacking style. Good with young players. Great incentive to send Leeds down.
jesse marsch on 16:28 - Feb 12 with 4647 viewsSouthamptonfan

Initially wouldn't have thought of him but

He saved Leeds from relegation, under huge pressure when they were in the relegation zone and in big trouble ✓
He has PL experience at a big PL club ✓
Knows how to put together a great escape quickly ✓
Plays a really aggressive press and attacking football ✓
Good with young players ✓
He beat some of the top teams with Leeds and his team scored lots of goals ✓
Out of work so no compensation to pay ✓

So, maybe he could be a good appointment. He would get my full support if it was him.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

jesse marsch on 16:30 - Feb 12 with 4640 viewsdirk_doone

Basically, he is a poor man's Ralph. His career has been on a downward spiral since he left Salzburg. He was nowhere near as successful at RB Leipzig as Ralph.

Ralph v Jesse (RB Leipzig)

Ralph W40 D19 L24 Win 48.19% (Finished 2nd and 6th before resigning to come here)

Jesse W8 D4 L9 Win 38.10% (Sacked after half a season)

Ralph more then saved an arguably weaker Southampton squad than Leeds from relegation more than once.

Ultimately the only stats that count are the results on the pitch.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

jesse marsch on 16:34 - Feb 12 with 4603 viewsChesham_Saint

No.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

jesse marsch on 16:38 - Feb 12 with 4582 viewsmushinexile

Hughes saved Saints against massive odds. I think Ralph is a better manager and the players would be happy to give him a second chance after Jones.
jesse marsch on 16:48 - Feb 12 with 4541 viewsdirk_doone

jesse marsch on 16:38 - Feb 12 by mushinexile

Hughes saved Saints against massive odds. I think Ralph is a better manager and the players would be happy to give him a second chance after Jones.

We weren't even in the bottom 3 when Hughes took over. You could argue that we got those 2 wins against Bournemouth and Swansea because of 'new manager bounce' but Hughes' record was worse than Pellegrino's.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:52]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

jesse marsch on 16:52 - Feb 12 with 4512 viewsmushinexile

Fair comment. I still reckon that time is short and the great escape needs the manager firing on both cylinders straight away, so better the devil you know.
(Even if you don't believe in one.)
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 16:53]
jesse marsch on 16:56 - Feb 12 with 4481 views1885_SFC

To be fair to Marsch, when at Leeds, he never really had a decent striker to pick from. Bamford was always injured and they struggled big time up front without one. The same could be said for Ralph in latter times.

Either way, we have to remember where we are at this moment in time & the very limited list of managers that would come to Saints right now. Money talks of course, but no manager will want a relegation on their CV. We are bottom of the pile & look very likely to go down. We could do worse than Marsch is my thinking.

Old School is Cool

jesse marsch on 17:01 - Feb 12 with 4456 viewsHollywood56

jesse marsch on 16:56 - Feb 12 by 1885_SFC

To be fair to Marsch, when at Leeds, he never really had a decent striker to pick from. Bamford was always injured and they struggled big time up front without one. The same could be said for Ralph in latter times.

Either way, we have to remember where we are at this moment in time & the very limited list of managers that would come to Saints right now. Money talks of course, but no manager will want a relegation on their CV. We are bottom of the pile & look very likely to go down. We could do worse than Marsch is my thinking.

Not for me thanks.
jesse marsch on 17:08 - Feb 12 with 4424 viewsChesham_Saint

Mark Hughes? You’re fvcking joking. A lucky win at Swansea was all that kept us up. The man is a dour miserable git.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

jesse marsch on 17:16 - Feb 12 with 4386 viewskingolaf

Not Marsch. Very limited manager and totally uninspiring.
jesse marsch on 17:21 - Feb 12 with 4357 viewsMytchettSaint

A message from me to the spreadsheet gimps…

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

jesse marsch on 17:51 - Feb 12 with 4245 viewskingslandstand1

jesse marsch on 17:16 - Feb 12 by kingolaf

Not Marsch. Very limited manager and totally uninspiring.

Inclined to agree. Does seem to have some enthusiasm which may rub off, but can he get this lot playing to their potential? Let's face it, he'll take the job if offered as he's got nothing to lose, but I'm not convince
jesse marsch on 17:53 - Feb 12 with 4221 viewskingslandstand1

"but no manager will want a relegation on their CV."

A certain media favourite from down the road certainly doesn't like talking about the one on his CV
jesse marsch on 18:13 - Feb 12 with 4121 viewssaint22

frying pan fire to me
jesse marsch on 18:30 - Feb 12 with 4065 views1885_SFC

jesse marsch on 18:13 - Feb 12 by saint22

frying pan fire to me

I'd rather him than Gerrard, Lampard, Fat Sam, or Steve Bruce. There is no way Poch is coming back... and the River Plate guy isn't coming here any time soon - if at all.

We love our club - but we're just not that attractive in our current state.

Old School is Cool

jesse marsch on 18:36 - Feb 12 with 4033 viewsSFC_Referee

jesse marsch on 16:38 - Feb 12 by mushinexile

You say that but he didn’t, as when he took over from Pelligrino we were outside the relegation zone in 17th, and only went down there into there after he took over, so it’s hardly like he saved us, as he wasn’t even that great here and it showed in the following season.

But yeah I’d be happy to give Ralph a second go as he’s the best we’re gonna get

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

jesse marsch on 18:40 - Feb 12 with 4024 viewsPatfromPoole

jesse marsch on 17:53 - Feb 12 by kingslandstand1

"but no manager will want a relegation on their CV."

A certain media favourite from down the road certainly doesn't like talking about the one on his CV

Redknapp has 3 relegations.

Boscombe, Saints, QPR.

And at least as many clubs have gone into administration following his periods in the job.

Even now he is still our worst ever manager.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

jesse marsch on 18:40 - Feb 12 with 4022 viewsSonicBoom

Marsch? Seriously? We are going to appoint a guy who has just been sacked by our relegation rivals? So they deem him not goodxenough after a long losing streak but apparently if he comes here everything will be miraculously different.
Uninspiring and embarrassing appointment which to be fair is just about what I expect from the idiots in charge. If he was any good, Leeds would have kept him!!!
jesse marsch on 18:54 - Feb 12 with 3981 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 18:40 - Feb 12 by SonicBoom

Marsch? Seriously? We are going to appoint a guy who has just been sacked by our relegation rivals? So they deem him not goodxenough after a long losing streak but apparently if he comes here everything will be miraculously different.
Uninspiring and embarrassing appointment which to be fair is just about what I expect from the idiots in charge. If he was any good, Leeds would have kept him!!!

I get what you're saying. This sums up why we shouldn't have sacked Ralph. Those demanding his sacking, were hugely naive and arrogant, expecting our unambitious owners to appoint a top manager. The problem is and has always been higher up. We arn't an ambitious club. We could offer Poch a financial package he can't refuse, but we won't. We could have spent 40 million on a striker in the summer, instead of 60 million on rubbish. We are owned by fantasists who want to do things on the cheap. Many couldn't see it. Sack the board, Sport Republic OUT is what we should be singing. The fans will see it when we are relegated.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:01]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

jesse marsch on 19:15 - Feb 12 with 3902 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 18:54 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I get what you're saying. This sums up why we shouldn't have sacked Ralph. Those demanding his sacking, were hugely naive and arrogant, expecting our unambitious owners to appoint a top manager. The problem is and has always been higher up. We arn't an ambitious club. We could offer Poch a financial package he can't refuse, but we won't. We could have spent 40 million on a striker in the summer, instead of 60 million on rubbish. We are owned by fantasists who want to do things on the cheap. Many couldn't see it. Sack the board, Sport Republic OUT is what we should be singing. The fans will see it when we are relegated.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:01]

Wanting an improvement on a failing manager isn’t arrogant. Have you seen Ralph’s record as a manager against wolves?
What is incredibly arrogant is trying to claim people that did, expected our unambitious owners (so unambitious they pumped millions into the team) to appoint a top manager! I just wanted one that was less crap than the last one. No one expected them to get in the one we ended up with!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024