Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well The Dust Has Settled 19:47 - Feb 12 with 1650 viewsSaintNick

Everybody should be happy now but what the **** has the last few months about and why didn’t the club sack him last week it was clearly on their minds

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:50 - Feb 12 with 1621 viewsSouthamptonfan

Because they hoped we would beat Wolves and they could save themselves a few million and save themselves the embarrassment of admitting they were wrong. Now we expect the next appointment of a yes man who will accept their fantasist views. And so the vicious circle continues.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:50]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:51 - Feb 12 with 1610 viewsSaintNick

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:50 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

Because they hoped we would beat Wolves and they could save themselves a few million and save themselves the embarrassment of admitting they were wrong. Now we expect the next appointment of a yes man who will accept their fantasist views. And so the vicious circle continues.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:50]

I don’t think winning one game would have changed their minds

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:54 - Feb 12 with 1595 viewsSouthamptonfan

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:51 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

I don’t think winning one game would have changed their minds

If that's the case, why did they let him take charge of.the game? What if we won 5 nil?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:55]

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:59 - Feb 12 with 1583 viewsSaintNick

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:54 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

If that's the case, why did they let him take charge of.the game? What if we won 5 nil?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:55]

God knows, in hindsight he was clearly on borrowed time

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:00 - Feb 12 with 1580 viewsSouthamptonfan

Well The Dust Has Settled on 19:59 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

God knows, in hindsight he was clearly on borrowed time

I agree but as I said, they hoped we would win and they could save face and save money.

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:06 - Feb 12 with 1543 viewsDorsetIan

They didn’t want to be seen to be jumping to fan opinion. These people like to be in control.

It’s so tragic that the writing was on the wall in the Brighton game. All that time with the squad and we were worse than under Ralph. It was such a disappointment, especially as many had already pointed to his time at Stoke and said he was out of his depth.

Three wins in 8 days didn’t help either. Made it necessary to give Jones more of a chance.

8 games, 7 defeats - what a complete disaster he was.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:09 - Feb 12 with 1522 viewsRon11

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:00 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I agree but as I said, they hoped we would win and they could save face and save money.

He would only have lost the next one. He was completely out of his depth in all aspects from tactics to dealing with the media. Their fault.
Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:12 - Feb 12 with 1499 viewsSouthamptonfan

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:09 - Feb 12 by Ron11

He would only have lost the next one. He was completely out of his depth in all aspects from tactics to dealing with the media. Their fault.

I agree, it is their fault. I want Sport Republic out. I have done, since they didn't give Ralph, the striker they promised him. Ankerson, Selles and co are a bunch of lying, stuck up, data driven fools and they have probably taken us down with their stupid player recruitment and stupid manager appointments.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:13]

Login to get fewer ads

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:26 - Feb 12 with 1444 viewsA1079

Tend to agree with you Nick. Why wait until the Wolves game? SR haven't handled the manager situation well at all including Ralph. Unless I heard wrong, did they not say they were giving Ralph until the World Cup? Well, in that case why not change him in the summer. Why did they think Nathan Jones would be a good fit and if they had effectively made their mind up to dispense with Ralph as early as summer how could they have got it so badly wrong? The actions of the owners has probably ended this current time in the PL.

The irony is, that I think the transfer window in January was one of our best for a long time. What a pity they did not do that when we had the right person at the helm. For all the turmoil and results in the first half of the Wolves game I actually saw some hope with our new signings and what they could bring.
Well The Dust Has Settled on 22:52 - Feb 12 with 1227 views1ASIN12

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:12 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I agree, it is their fault. I want Sport Republic out. I have done, since they didn't give Ralph, the striker they promised him. Ankerson, Selles and co are a bunch of lying, stuck up, data driven fools and they have probably taken us down with their stupid player recruitment and stupid manager appointments.

Agree with most of what you say there.
Well The Dust Has Settled on 08:00 - Feb 13 with 983 viewsdwayne_dibley

Well The Dust Has Settled on 20:12 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

agreed, bring back SISU

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Well The Dust Has Settled on 13:07 - Feb 13 with 742 viewsUmPahars

Complete madness from day one. Up there with the Lowe appointments when he was attempting to show the footballing world there was another way.

I remember watching the videos of training sessions from Staplewood as he walked around with scraps of paper in his hand, reeling off irrelevant and nonsensical commands and being totally unconvinced about him. I imagine most of the players just looked at him and thought how is he telling me what to do!

Throw in a monumental lack of self awareness and it has to go down as the most crass appointment in recent years in the game.

Problem is that it was all spunked away during a time where we had a run of games where we had a chance of gaining some points. Been resigned to being relegated for ages now, it’s too late for anyone to turn it around.
Well The Dust Has Settled on 13:56 - Feb 13 with 657 viewsUTS1885

Not sure the dust has settled to be honest. The situation now is even worse than the 04/05 debacle, that led to relegation. How can we attract a viable manager in Feburary that will take relegation on as well. Do we have to see out the season with a caretaker ? Then either way try to get a manager with more options on the table ?

But its not just about the manager, there has been a big issue with the coaching over recent seasons. So the assistants and baggage also have to be up the job.

Then there is the problem with too many players being brought into the club because the club has agreed with agents, they can shop front their talent for a couple of seasons and move on. That has brought a lack of commitment and no leadership from back to front.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024