Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. 10:49 - Feb 16 with 1587 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Seems plausible, he should know the form of the players - whether he has the necessary experience ? time will tell !
A short term contract - maybe until June perhaps ..... At present I do not feel that he is the man to keep us in the Premiership,I sincerely hope I am wrong ,but he will get my total support - until he shows that his decisions are not in the teams interest , so if it is Rubén then I do hope that all our supporters rally around and give him a chance - to show if he can lift our team , out of the relegation zone.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 11:08 - Feb 16 with 1530 viewsMonksway

It seems the obvious choice given the lack of alternative candidates. As you say, he knows the players and the disruption that NJ caused. Just hope he settles on a preferred squad and system and sticks with it. 30 players are far too many to be endlessly shuffling around. The back five and two midfielders should be the same each week barring injuries if we are to start playing like a team again.
Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 11:19 - Feb 16 with 1493 viewsSonicBoom

Fans are weird. Seems alott of negativity around Marsch, Lampard, Gerrard, and Rooney etc.
But apparently it's ok to give the job to a bloke that is not, and never has been, a manager.
Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 11:28 - Feb 16 with 1465 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 11:19 - Feb 16 by SonicBoom

Fans are weird. Seems alott of negativity around Marsch, Lampard, Gerrard, and Rooney etc.
But apparently it's ok to give the job to a bloke that is not, and never has been, a manager.

Good point, unfortunatly , seems whoever takes it up - we havn't many to choose from at present - Lets be positive ..... you never know could be a masterstroke - and things will only get better ! COYS

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 11:46 - Feb 16 with 1419 viewsSonicBoom

I agree. What is really annoying is that I believe we have a good enough side to stay up. I just don't think they have been correctly organised and managed.
Particularly with the two new signings I think we have enough quality to avoid the drop. What's frustrating is that we can't seem to get out of our own way and I fear we'll go down with a team that shouldn't be in this situation.
Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 11:54 - Feb 16 with 1409 viewspjt50

Apart from Rooney the rest have got failure on their CVs — that's why they're out of work. You can make out a good case for not appointing each one of them.

Selles sounds like a good coach but coaching and managing are different jobs. Appointing him now smacks of giving up on this season but it's where the Jones fiasco has left us.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 16:54 - Feb 16 with 1247 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 11:54 - Feb 16 by pjt50

Apart from Rooney the rest have got failure on their CVs — that's why they're out of work. You can make out a good case for not appointing each one of them.

Selles sounds like a good coach but coaching and managing are different jobs. Appointing him now smacks of giving up on this season but it's where the Jones fiasco has left us.

Selles sounds like a good coach but coaching and managing are different jobs ? -- So , true pit50, brilliant coaches does not necessarily mean - a brilliant manager....... Man management is SO VITAL , as Graham Potter is now finding out .......... A fine job at Brighton , does not mean it is easy to mould top European players into a winning formation at Chelsea.
Let's hope that Rubén is brilliant at both,as he won't have an easy job , keeping all 30 first team players happy.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 17:03]

Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 17:13 - Feb 16 with 1212 viewsSouthamptonfan

What choice have we got? We all think we are doomed to relegation but there is a chance. The gallery on the website shows players smiling, seemingly enjoying life under Selles, he knows the players, knows the club, we might as well support him and see how he does.

Pressure is off. Nobody expects anything from Selles, it's a free hit, he will feel no pressure either (he's only caretaker). The players probably like him and will hopefully play without fear and without pressure coming from the manager, who will be calm and focussed. The psychology might work in our favour. Maybe blind faith, but there is nothing else we can do now but hope.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 17:15]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Rubén Sellés is bookies odds on favorite. on 17:32 - Feb 16 with 1183 viewsgrumpy

So do you have to be a manager to be a manager these days?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024