Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roald Dahl books to be re-written 13:20 - Feb 20 with 3022 viewsButty101

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11765213/Roald-Dahls-books-REWRITTEN-re

What a mad errm no i mean crazy, ah cant say that ...what a world we live in

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 14:38 - Feb 20 with 2949 viewsmushinexile

Just let these fxxking imbecile numbskulls loose on Shakespeare and see how far they get. " How now you secret black and midnight hags." Ought to have them apoplectic.
Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 15:38 - Feb 20 with 2893 viewsRednWight

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 14:38 - Feb 20 by mushinexile

Just let these fxxking imbecile numbskulls loose on Shakespeare and see how far they get. " How now you secret black and midnight hags." Ought to have them apoplectic.

But they’ll love Lady Macbeth’s. Unsex me

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 15:48 - Feb 20 with 2874 viewsChesham_Saint

Bet they never get around to certain “religious books”…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 20:20 - Feb 20 with 2770 viewsBridders2

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 15:48 - Feb 20 by Chesham_Saint

That's right, they'd have bags of material in the Bible and Koran.
Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 21:44 - Feb 20 with 2721 views1885_SFC

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 15:48 - Feb 20 by Chesham_Saint

Too late...

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/church-of-england-god-pronouns-377280

Old School is Cool

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 22:10 - Feb 20 with 2687 viewshedgeend61

Some goon on The Chase the other week said his occupation was a Post Person

Bradley Walsh wasn't having any of that caper, says to him, how long you been a Postman?
Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 09:10 - Feb 21 with 2572 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

These books and plays have survived for hundreds of years -- until these f----ing idiots who have nothing else better to do and are part of organisations , with their sole intentions of trying to protect and not upset some minorities goody goody liberale lovies - thinking they are doing good , by disrupting thousands of years of history writings. Just like some who are trying to get us to cancel Christmas , and replacing it with wishing you a " happy holiday " and trying to cancel towns & cities celebrations - with Holiday celebrations ........... Christmas is Christmas and don't try to imposies any other descriptions on the majority ! in the UK who at the last time that I looked -- was Christian.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 9:15]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 12:09 - Feb 21 with 2489 viewsHeisenberg

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 09:10 - Feb 21 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

These books and plays have survived for hundreds of years -- until these f----ing idiots who have nothing else better to do and are part of organisations , with their sole intentions of trying to protect and not upset some minorities goody goody liberale lovies - thinking they are doing good , by disrupting thousands of years of history writings. Just like some who are trying to get us to cancel Christmas , and replacing it with wishing you a " happy holiday " and trying to cancel towns & cities celebrations - with Holiday celebrations ........... Christmas is Christmas and don't try to imposies any other descriptions on the majority ! in the UK who at the last time that I looked -- was Christian.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 9:15]

The only time Christmas was officially cancelled was when those lunatic puritans took control in the 1640s. Bunch of Christian do gooders spoiling everyone’s fun.

The majority today aren’t Christian. The churches are empty as it becomes more and more irrelevant to rational human beings. The last census showed for the first time less than half of the population identified as being of that faith.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 17:47 - Feb 21 with 2342 viewsJellybaby

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 12:09 - Feb 21 by Heisenberg

The only time Christmas was officially cancelled was when those lunatic puritans took control in the 1640s. Bunch of Christian do gooders spoiling everyone’s fun.

The majority today aren’t Christian. The churches are empty as it becomes more and more irrelevant to rational human beings. The last census showed for the first time less than half of the population identified as being of that faith.

You got problem with your memory Heisenberg? The last time Christmas was cancelled was in the great government overreach of 2020 or was it 2021 or was it both??

Re the puritan/ Cromwell era It's great that we have you to put historical matters in to such clear context and to talk with such balance about those "lunatics"! That they were advocates for the poor and were generally shining a light on the tyranny and excessive wealth of the monarchy and parts of a corrupted Church generally goes un-noticed in favour of "they banned Christmas".

You might not like the judeo/christian heritage of this country, but as it ebbs away what we are going to replace it with (wokery for example) will be something far worse and less authentic as the proposed re-writing of Roald Dahl books goes some way to prove.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 21:02 - Feb 21 with 2246 viewsWints76

Didn't Roald Dahl himself change some of the content of his books? As times changed, I think he changed the Oompah Loompahs from being African slaves. I believe some of Enid Blyton's work has been changed over the years as well. Probably just getting more publicity now as the culture wars drag on.
Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 21:46 - Feb 21 with 2212 viewsmushinexile

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 17:47 - Feb 21 by Jellybaby

You got problem with your memory Heisenberg? The last time Christmas was cancelled was in the great government overreach of 2020 or was it 2021 or was it both??

Re the puritan/ Cromwell era It's great that we have you to put historical matters in to such clear context and to talk with such balance about those "lunatics"! That they were advocates for the poor and were generally shining a light on the tyranny and excessive wealth of the monarchy and parts of a corrupted Church generally goes un-noticed in favour of "they banned Christmas".

You might not like the judeo/christian heritage of this country, but as it ebbs away what we are going to replace it with (wokery for example) will be something far worse and less authentic as the proposed re-writing of Roald Dahl books goes some way to prove.

The puritans were just as corrupt, tyrannical and cruel as the aristocracy. Advocates for the poor? No. The poor were and still are hideously oppressed by religious leaders of all types.
None of which makes it right to rewrite literary history, bowdlerise pop music and pretend that bad things never happened.
I don't remember Christmas being cancelled though. Most people celebrated it quietly with their immediate families.
Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 22:09 - Feb 21 with 2177 viewsSFC_Referee

Well that’s the modern world for you!
As there’s loads of people who’ll go mental over that, calling people their genders, their ethnicities, saying their overweight, there being a bit of swearing at football games, talking about a religion or even a ref keeping to the LOTG but because it’s against a person of a certain group will bring out the discrimination card!
As we just live in a world where you just can’t say anything anymore without upsetting someone! As common sense just doesn’t seem to be taken into account anymore…

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 00:06 - Feb 22 with 2120 viewssaint22

oh the irony that the Daily Fail is all up in arms about this "story"
ffs
Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 01:52 - Feb 22 with 2102 viewsLondonSaint76

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 21:44 - Feb 20 by 1885_SFC

Too late...

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/church-of-england-god-pronouns-377280

Oh no, they are messing with the Bible - I don’t Adam and Eve it! Salman Rushdie has offered his services as technical advisor when they get to the Koran…
On the day this story broke I was stuck in traffic, Radio 2 covered it and had Christine Hamilton on who was not best pleased to say the least, she managed to get away with calling perpetrators of this nonsense Wokey Wonkers - good play on words, I think we all know what she really meant…
On a serious note, surely the sensible way to deal with this is to offer people a choice - if they must go ahead with this absurdity then offer the watered down book as an alternative to the original and keep both in publication, plenty of films and even repeats of older TV series carry content warnings just before the start of the programme so why not do the same for the original books rather than force woked out editions on everyone?

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 04:38 - Feb 22 with 2080 viewsBuenosSaint

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 01:52 - Feb 22 by LondonSaint76

Oh no, they are messing with the Bible - I don’t Adam and Eve it! Salman Rushdie has offered his services as technical advisor when they get to the Koran…
On the day this story broke I was stuck in traffic, Radio 2 covered it and had Christine Hamilton on who was not best pleased to say the least, she managed to get away with calling perpetrators of this nonsense Wokey Wonkers - good play on words, I think we all know what she really meant…
On a serious note, surely the sensible way to deal with this is to offer people a choice - if they must go ahead with this absurdity then offer the watered down book as an alternative to the original and keep both in publication, plenty of films and even repeats of older TV series carry content warnings just before the start of the programme so why not do the same for the original books rather than force woked out editions on everyone?

Yes, quite correct.

There are already junior versions of books available. For example, Trevor Noah's autobiography born a crime had a junior version which is pretty much the same with all the swearing etc taken out.

Shouldn't remove the original and remain available to anyone who wants it.

Poll: The Long Future

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 07:19 - Feb 22 with 2034 viewsJellybaby

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 21:46 - Feb 21 by mushinexile

The puritans were just as corrupt, tyrannical and cruel as the aristocracy. Advocates for the poor? No. The poor were and still are hideously oppressed by religious leaders of all types.
None of which makes it right to rewrite literary history, bowdlerise pop music and pretend that bad things never happened.
I don't remember Christmas being cancelled though. Most people celebrated it quietly with their immediate families.

"The poor were and still are hideously oppressed by religious leaders of all types".

What do you even mean by this? The Roman catholic church were selling indulgences 500 years ago and there are some cult leaders that would try to control some people, but surely you are aiming your arrows at the wrong people. It is the state that is increasingly oppressive and tax most of us in to oblivion, start wars we don't want and now trying to prevent us moving around via 15 minute cities and general global alarmism. May be you have a case of displaced anger Mush?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 10:33 - Feb 22 with 1975 viewsmushinexile

No, just that my tinfoil hat is leaking. May I borrow yours?
Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 10:42 - Feb 22 with 1973 viewsdwayne_dibley

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 10:33 - Feb 22 by mushinexile

tinfoil hats do make poor urinals

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 12:30 - Feb 22 with 1905 viewsJellybaby

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 10:33 - Feb 22 by mushinexile

I could swap it for your "Never question the narrative" poster or a grovelling demeanour to your betters if you have either of those?

Roald Dahl books to be re-written on 14:54 - Feb 22 with 1861 viewsmushinexile

You really haven't a clue, have you Jellybrain?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024