Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How?....... 21:56 - Mar 1 with 1937 viewswashington_saint

Have we ended up with a squad of 30 that is almost entirely s**t?

How can we lose to Grimsby and wtf was Selles thinking?

Has there been a lower point in our history (of course we were in administration and League 1 but I never doubted we would be OK) where there are no silver linings whatsoever. And I go back to the Lawrie Mac days (oh for those halcyon days and Nicholls exciting teams).

We are an utter mess and an embarrassment. The majority of those players that played tonight should never pull on a Saints shirt again. And bringing on ballard at 86 minutes. WTF?

Shameful
How?....... on 22:10 - Mar 1 with 1851 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Agree with you

Only KWP and Lavia did Ok and JWP was similar when he came on and Djeneppo did OK in parts

Aribo, Mara, Lyanco, Orsic and Alan Armstrong were truly awful.

The combined cost of these platers was almost £50m and costing the club around £300k a week in wages.

I reckon our scouting system needs some sort of sorting out
How?....... on 22:21 - Mar 1 with 1799 views1ASIN12

Incompetent board and owners.

The worry is how we will survive financially in the next couple of seasons. The owners have invested heavily and did we not take a loan out against future tv income ?

You have to feel sorry for all the people who will lose their jobs in June due to no fault of their own.
How?....... on 22:27 - Mar 1 with 1766 viewsdirk_doone

We have no strikers who can score goals and no goalkeepers who can save them. Has so much money ever been spent before to assemble a squad quite as poor as this one in the key areas?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How?....... on 22:27 - Mar 1 with 1763 viewscocklebreath

Lavia, JWP and KWP okay the rest disgusting, Mara and Armstrong particularly and Orsic was horrific.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

How?....... on 22:46 - Mar 1 with 1717 viewshedgeend61

How?....... on 22:27 - Mar 1 by cocklebreath

Lavia, JWP and KWP okay the rest disgusting, Mara and Armstrong particularly and Orsic was horrific.

The 3 you mention are the only ones from our rabble that would get in any other PL bottom half squad, (not guaranteed starters btw) so what do fans expect with such obvious lack of quality.
Problem is, we'll have to give the rest away as who'd pay anything for these lightweights?
Take Aribo, he looks likes he's been signed from Hedge End Rangers, not Glasgow.

Looking back, Ralph probably overachieved, Pep or Klopp would struggle to with these timewasters.
How?....... on 07:19 - Mar 2 with 1557 viewsTripleNiemi

Totally agree although some promoted the fact we have the best depth of squad for a good number of years.

Complete reset required snd relegation will go a large way to sorting that out by pure economics.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

How?....... on 09:10 - Mar 2 with 1344 viewsButty101

How?....... on 22:10 - Mar 1 by SouthSeaSaint

Agree with you

Only KWP and Lavia did Ok and JWP was similar when he came on and Djeneppo did OK in parts

Aribo, Mara, Lyanco, Orsic and Alan Armstrong were truly awful.

The combined cost of these platers was almost £50m and costing the club around £300k a week in wages.

I reckon our scouting system needs some sort of sorting out

Is Armstong scared of entering the penalty area? Every time the ball got crossed in he was no where to be seen. To think he scored on his debut and looked decent. He literally went down hill from there and hasnt looked back.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How?....... on 09:16 - Mar 2 with 1329 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Anyone remember the last time we played League 2 (4th Division) teams in the cup.

As I recollect we won 3-0 at Cambridge earlier this season and had a cheeky 8-0 romp at Newport a season or two back.

What happened to those halcyon days?

Were these results due to paying away from SMS which seems to be a major problem to the team nowadays.

Perhaps another exorcism is in order!!
Login to get fewer ads

How?....... on 09:18 - Mar 2 with 1323 viewsblubberboy

I can only really echo everything posted in this thread. I have always thought we had a squad good enough to drag us out of this mess but on last night's showing Selles needs to speak to every one of our players individually and find out which are up for a fight and which just want out. Only JWP, KWP, Lavia and Perraud showed any intent last night (even the ageing Walcott put some of our World Cup "stars" to shame), the rest of them treating it like one big training session. It was like the Forest game all over again, only even more embarassing.

I actually think it would be best if we go down this year. If by some miracle we survive we will only have another season like this to look forward to next year. But if we do get relegated we can dump those players who are only here for the ride and rebuild with a decent young squad that actually cares, and which plays for the shirt and not their next paycheck.
How?....... on 14:13 - Mar 2 with 1196 viewsdirk_doone

How?....... on 09:18 - Mar 2 by blubberboy

I can only really echo everything posted in this thread. I have always thought we had a squad good enough to drag us out of this mess but on last night's showing Selles needs to speak to every one of our players individually and find out which are up for a fight and which just want out. Only JWP, KWP, Lavia and Perraud showed any intent last night (even the ageing Walcott put some of our World Cup "stars" to shame), the rest of them treating it like one big training session. It was like the Forest game all over again, only even more embarassing.

I actually think it would be best if we go down this year. If by some miracle we survive we will only have another season like this to look forward to next year. But if we do get relegated we can dump those players who are only here for the ride and rebuild with a decent young squad that actually cares, and which plays for the shirt and not their next paycheck.

I'm not sure thst it would be best to go down to the Championship because we'd be left with the worst players that nodody else wants because of their lack of effort and high wages and we'd very likely be relegated to League One with the threat of administration and points deductions hanging over our heads again. We are now in the position that teams like Derby and Bolton were once in.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 14:17]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How?....... on 15:53 - Mar 2 with 1077 viewssaints__fan__73

How?....... on 14:13 - Mar 2 by dirk_doone

I'm not sure thst it would be best to go down to the Championship because we'd be left with the worst players that nodody else wants because of their lack of effort and high wages and we'd very likely be relegated to League One with the threat of administration and points deductions hanging over our heads again. We are now in the position that teams like Derby and Bolton were once in.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 14:17]

and Sunderland.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

How?....... on 16:45 - Mar 2 with 1013 viewsNewdawn2014

How?....... on 09:18 - Mar 2 by blubberboy

h
How?....... on 16:55 - Mar 2 with 998 viewsNewdawn2014

How?....... on 16:45 - Mar 2 by Newdawn2014

h

We have needed and still need a proven striker even its its just till the end of the season, poor performance by most of the players and an absolute shocker from yet another sub standard ref , add to the mix opposing players who mostly suffered from dropsy I know they were the better side but lots of unneeded Sh...housery going on, it was odds on they would beat us.
How?....... on 17:13 - Mar 2 with 989 viewsDorsetIan

While Ralph was just about keeping us in the league during the Gao years, the quality of the squad was steadily declining.

Our best signing (who is still here) in recent years was KWP. He is head and shoulders above the others in terms of quality.

Then you've got the likes of Bednarak, S Armstrong, Che Adams, Salisu, Perraud who look like they are at the right level in the PL but haven't set the world alight for us. (And Livramento who hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do).

And then you've got a long list of disappointing signings: Hoedt, Vestergaard, Gunn, Danso, Diallo, Walcott, A Armstrong, Lyanco.

During the Gao years, so many of us were saying that the club was slowing declining.

That's how you get to the squad of 30 that we've now got.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024