Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Reactions 18:58 - Apr 22 with 12397 viewsShun

From anyone who attended today (I was working but I admit I wouldn’t have gone anyway), I’m curious what the reaction from the players was once relegation was confirmed? Was it another typical loss, a half-hearted applause to the fans and then off down the tunnel? Or did any of them seem to care? I want to know that some of them were bloody gutted. Knees on the floor, lost a cup final type gutted.

Although reports of Mellor laughing and shushing the away crowd at FT don’t give me much hope.
Player Reactions on 22:21 - Apr 22 with 3296 views442Dale

Player Reactions on 21:57 - Apr 22 by EllDale

I’ll stick my head over the parapet and say that, in my opinion, EEL has been no better or
worse than a lot of his colleagues this season.
He’s a stopper centrehalf who’s had next to no midfield protection all season and a series of different players alongside him. Oh and we keep switching systems.
Give him a break, especially chav kids who know fook all about it.

Can see a certain validity to that. He’s been awful at times but he’s also been asked to play in a way that doesn’t suit him on some occasions.

Have to question why he looks a completely different player to the one we saw four years ago.

It’s one thing having a go at players, but some of the abuse was too much today. It can be understandable but you got the impression it became just the thing to do rather than individuals getting frustrated.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 22:23]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Player Reactions on 22:40 - Apr 22 with 3178 viewsD_Alien

Player Reactions on 22:21 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Can see a certain validity to that. He’s been awful at times but he’s also been asked to play in a way that doesn’t suit him on some occasions.

Have to question why he looks a completely different player to the one we saw four years ago.

It’s one thing having a go at players, but some of the abuse was too much today. It can be understandable but you got the impression it became just the thing to do rather than individuals getting frustrated.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 22:23]

I think the biggest factor has been his captaincy, which during the entire season has had no discernible effect on a team in dire need of some on-field prompting

It's as if, after taking part in the toss, he couldn't give another one

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Player Reactions on 22:46 - Apr 22 with 3139 views442Dale

Player Reactions on 22:40 - Apr 22 by D_Alien

I think the biggest factor has been his captaincy, which during the entire season has had no discernible effect on a team in dire need of some on-field prompting

It's as if, after taking part in the toss, he couldn't give another one

Was saying today, not giving it to Henderson when he played was yet another avoidable mistake, it would have immediately reduced the pressure on EEL. Every time he returned to the side he got the armband back, it made no sense.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Player Reactions on 22:56 - Apr 22 with 3088 viewsClivert

Player Reactions on 22:46 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Was saying today, not giving it to Henderson when he played was yet another avoidable mistake, it would have immediately reduced the pressure on EEL. Every time he returned to the side he got the armband back, it made no sense.

We've had 3 different managers this season and all three have had ELL as captain despite us all being able to see the obvious, you have to start to think that it was part of his contract.
Player Reactions on 23:06 - Apr 22 with 3020 viewsDaleDoldrums

I wonder if it was contractual EEL signed on the basis he would be captain and play when fit regardless.

BTW this is James
My phone has died and I'm using my work phone which doesn't have my complex password saved.

Don't want to be one of those tyoez
Player Reactions on 23:08 - Apr 22 with 3011 viewsDaleDoldrums

Oh and I signed up with this handle after the loss at Sheff Wed
Player Reactions on 23:10 - Apr 22 with 2992 viewskel

Bloody hell, James, that’s two extra usernames you’ve confessed to having this week.

You’ll be giving the old me a run for my money at this rate 😃
Player Reactions on 04:18 - Apr 23 with 2774 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Player Reactions on 21:22 - Apr 22 by 49thseason

BBC....

Rochdale interim boss Jim McNulty:

"First and foremost I'm absolutely devastated. I just feel so sorry for the fans because I know all about the long history of this club and to be going out of the league after more than 100 years is devastating.

"It's been a long, horrible season and at this moment I'm just really hurting, as we all are. I can totally understand the fans' anger and frustration but it's been on the cards.

"To be honest the fans were amazing, even though we showed very little as a team, particularly in the first half. I was fuming at half-time and I told the players. It just wasn't acceptable. From a confidence and a courage perspective, it just wasn't there. We rallied a bit in the second half but it was just a rally of confidence. We didn't threaten or hurt Stockport.

"The football club as a whole needs to be accountable for this. Too many things have gone wrong this season and this is the result."

The football club as a whole ARE accountable, did McNulty believe people thought otherwise?

As far as player reaction goes, it matters little as their ability and commitment over the season speaks louder than a knee jerk reaction after the final whistle.

Globally we’re seeing companies streamlining their headcount to control costs and football, although it seems to operate in a bubble, should be no different. My concern is can the current Board do what is necessary as their track record to date isn’t great.

Up The Dale!
Login to get fewer ads

Player Reactions on 06:30 - Apr 23 with 2719 viewsD_Alien

Player Reactions on 04:18 - Apr 23 by Albert_Whitehurst

The football club as a whole ARE accountable, did McNulty believe people thought otherwise?

As far as player reaction goes, it matters little as their ability and commitment over the season speaks louder than a knee jerk reaction after the final whistle.

Globally we’re seeing companies streamlining their headcount to control costs and football, although it seems to operate in a bubble, should be no different. My concern is can the current Board do what is necessary as their track record to date isn’t great.

Up The Dale!

No, the current board must somehow be reformed again

Very thankful as we all are that they came to the rescue two years ago, their performance has been nothing short of abysmal, and all the consultancy work in the world won't help them since it's the very basics they're getting wrong

Thinking about it, we were naive to expect otherwise, but in truth, as fans we had little choice but to do so

The only thing i want to hear from them is a dialogue with CD. Yesterday's statement was incredibly tone deaf, and imo just an attempt to rescue what might otherwise be disastrous SC sales. We just can't buy into "one shot in 90 minutes" football, so something has to change, and JimMcNulty simply must NOT be given a contract for next season

Player Reactions on 08:12 - Apr 23 with 2603 viewsSandyDrum

Just to clear something up, ROD’s “feck off” was aimed at the linesman after he failed to give an offside, it definitely wasn’t aimed at the fans.

It also wasn’t “who’s the w@nker in the green” - it was “in the red” and was a chant aimed at a Stockport fan in a rather fetching jacket behind the goal who was having a good time goading us.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Player Reactions on 10:44 - Apr 23 with 2370 viewsLaveritty

Player Reactions on 08:12 - Apr 23 by SandyDrum

Just to clear something up, ROD’s “feck off” was aimed at the linesman after he failed to give an offside, it definitely wasn’t aimed at the fans.

It also wasn’t “who’s the w@nker in the green” - it was “in the red” and was a chant aimed at a Stockport fan in a rather fetching jacket behind the goal who was having a good time goading us.

Happy to hear that - think I just assumed that the kids had moved on to a new target. Must make an appointment to get my ears tested!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Player Reactions on 11:24 - Apr 23 with 2298 viewsjonahwhereru

Player Reactions on 21:54 - Apr 22 by Clivert

ROD has been so poor this season so poor that Eastwood was brought in to replace him (I'll give ROD the Mansfield performance though!). People are touting him for POTS when really he hasn't been good enough, Bentley was right to try and replace him but just with not another bag of shit.

ROD 7 times motm for Dale this season. I managed to catch four Dale games this season and he was excellent each game. Defensive frailties did give him plenty of opportunities to show his talent.

Differing opinions, what football is about.
Player Reactions on 11:40 - Apr 23 with 2248 viewsjudd

Thanks for that, i didnt see anything other than him looking in our direction at that time.

He did look like he cared.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Player Reactions on 11:43 - Apr 23 with 2235 viewsdingdangblue

Player Reactions on 11:24 - Apr 23 by jonahwhereru

ROD 7 times motm for Dale this season. I managed to catch four Dale games this season and he was excellent each game. Defensive frailties did give him plenty of opportunities to show his talent.

Differing opinions, what football is about.

Don't forget after the first 2 league defeats of the season we signed Cieran Slicker from City on loan and he started the League Cup win v Burton. Had he not got injured in the 2nd half of that game there is a chance O'Donnell would have been dropped for the next league game. O'Donnell was OK for me, certainly not the reason we got relegated - preferred him to Jay Lynch even though he's been Fleetwood's first choice all season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Player Reactions on 11:50 - Apr 23 with 2221 viewsTVOS1907

When did this incident with ROD allegedly happen?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Player Reactions on 12:28 - Apr 23 with 2122 viewsjudd

Player Reactions on 11:50 - Apr 23 by TVOS1907

When did this incident with ROD allegedly happen?

About half way through second half

Poll: What is it to be then?

Player Reactions on 12:57 - Apr 23 with 2052 viewsTVOS1907

Player Reactions on 12:28 - Apr 23 by judd

About half way through second half

Cheers

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Player Reactions on 13:10 - Apr 23 with 2000 viewsD_Alien

Player Reactions on 12:57 - Apr 23 by TVOS1907

Cheers

There weren't any?

Player Reactions on 14:40 - Apr 23 with 1826 viewsBrierls

The players reaction were as expected; sombre, heads bowed, meekly applauding the Dale fans.

Truth be told, I don’t really care about the players reactions or feelings. They’ve had the opportunity over the past 44 league games to not be in this position. I care about my feelings, my friends feelings, my fellow supporters feelings (that includes the board).

I didn’t see anything re Mellor but I can understand the confusion regarding ROD. For a split second I thought he was shouting at the Dale fans, but he was actually screaming at the linesman stood in front of the Dale support.
Player Reactions on 15:34 - Apr 23 with 1725 viewsBrierls

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/clubstatement_dmanimellor_230422/

The club have released a statement on alleged racist abuse directed at Mellor.

This is what the ‘new breed’ of supporter brings to our club.
Player Reactions on 16:23 - Apr 23 with 1580 viewsdaz

Player Reactions on 15:34 - Apr 23 by Brierls

Probably the same group I heard giggling before a recent home game whilst comparing him to a character from The Jungle Book, but in the next breath they were discussing how to target away fans after the game so that says it all! Mellor has no future as a professional footballer based on what he’s offered during his loan spell but that’s never an excuse for him to be abused.
Player Reactions on 18:39 - Apr 23 with 1384 viewsirishdale2022

Mellor laughing due to the racist abuse he was receiving from his own fans as reported today. He’s responded on Twitter to explain
Player Reactions on 19:05 - Apr 23 with 1317 viewsEllDale

That’s fair enough.
No-one should have to put up with that.
I notice that the darling Dale chav fans were acting on the streets of Stockport.
Hoodies pulled up, scarves around mouths like some sort of paramilitary unit.
And even posing for photos on social media.
Player Reactions on 19:17 - Apr 23 with 1294 viewsRAFCBLUE

Player Reactions on 15:34 - Apr 23 by Brierls

Shameful.

It's 2023, no one deserves that type of treatment in service at RAFC.

Hopefully the perpetrator(s) will be identified and banned for life.

Sorry from us all Dmani.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Player Reactions on 20:12 - Apr 23 with 1186 viewsirishdale2022

Player Reactions on 19:17 - Apr 23 by RAFCBLUE

Shameful.

It's 2023, no one deserves that type of treatment in service at RAFC.

Hopefully the perpetrator(s) will be identified and banned for life.

Sorry from us all Dmani.

The more I think about it the worse it is

The norm (which is also incredibly wrong) is opposition player abuse.

The fact it’s our own fans and we have so many players who would identify as they same race as D’Mani, for me they would be completely understood if they downed tools for the next two games, why should they try if this is the response. I don’t think anyone can question D’Mani effort
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024